addy19

photos for 1-129F

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My Fiance and I are waiting for our NOA 2. I am reading info about the New Delhi consulate and how particular they are for the passport photos that are supplied to the Embassy at interview.

The passport photos I (USC petitioner) sent in for the 1-129F were 2x2 inches (like the consualte wants in the future). However... my fiance in India, his photos were a little bit smaller.

He will obviously get new passport photos for the interview, but do you think that was okay for the 1-129F? If not, how do I send in new ones before getting an RFE?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can't. You will need to wait to see if you receive an RFE and perhaps have some ready to go if you do... you'll need plenty more for the interview stage anyway. ;)

timeline.jpg

My Fiance and I are waiting for our NOA 2. I am reading info about the New Delhi consulate and how particular they are for the passport photos that are supplied to the Embassy at interview.

The passport photos I (USC petitioner) sent in for the 1-129F were 2x2 inches (like the consualte wants in the future). However... my fiance in India, his photos were a little bit smaller.

He will obviously get new passport photos for the interview, but do you think that was okay for the 1-129F? If not, how do I send in new ones before getting an RFE?

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Myself and I've read of other here on VJ who, used the smaller type passport photos in the initial petitions, and they were approved without RFEs. So at the petition stage one does not always get RFE'd for sending in passport photos that are smaller than the 2x2inches. I would do as Kim&Russ suggested....have the 2x2 photos ready should they be requested. I would hold off on taking many 2x2 photos (just in case you want to take more to be ready for when the visa interview is) because most consulates want very recent photos for use during the visa interview.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

They do require recent photos, but unless you're planing on substantially changing your appearance (hair, weight, tan etc), they don't really have anyway of knowing when they were taken.

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

They do require recent photos, but unless you're planing on substantially changing your appearance (hair, weight, tan etc), they don't really have anyway of knowing when they were taken.

sometimes a change in appearance can be slight enough to where you may not think it matters, but it can matter to the CO....a small example; a female fiance takes the photos today and she has red long hair. Several months pass, she is to go to the interview, but by now she has shorter blond hair. She takes her passport photos take a few months back and is surprised when the visa is not issued because the CO wants her to bring in a more recent picture. For some of us a trim/color is not a substantial change in appearance...but it can make a difference. That is why the best advice I've seen is to hold off doing the consulate stage procedures until after the petition has been approved stateside.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

You shouldn't receive a RFE. See link below

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/I1...325A_110105.pdf

I'm in the same boat since I submitted a smaller photo of my fiancee. I also hope I don't receive a RFE since according to the memorandum they should allow a proper photo to be submitted at the time of visa issuance.

K-1

2/7/09 I-129F sent from CA

2/10/09 received

2/12/09 NOA1 issued

3/27/09 NOA2 issued

4/9/09 received @ NVC

4/13/09 sent to US embassy

4/19/09 received @ embassy in Seoul

4/21/09 faxed in DS230, part I

4/23/09 scheduled interview online for 5/26/09

5/26/09 interview passed, I was present during interview

5/27/09 visa received

6/6/09 POE @ LAX with me

8/1/09 Tied the knot

9/4/09 I-94 expiration, sent I-485 paperwork

9/8/09 USPS confirm delivery

9/16/09 check cashed (took a while ^^;;)

9/17/09 I-485, I-131, & I-765 NOAs received via USPS

10/16/09 Biometrics taken

10/19/09 EAP approved, card in production

10/19/09 I-131 approved, received advanced parole few days later in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Minya - I completely agree that you should err on the side of caution on that. But I think most people would understand that long red hair compared to short blonde hair is a pretty big difference.

ETA. That unless there's a substantial discount for getting more photos together there really is no need to get them too early.

Edited by Slightly Bonkers

K-1 Application

================

2nd October 2007 - I-129F sent to CSC

10th October 2007 - NOA1 issued

31st January 2008 - NOA2 issued

22nd May 2008 - Interview date

18th July 2008 - US here I come

22nd August 2008 - Wedding date

AOS

================

15th September 2008 - AOS Pack (I485, I131, I765) Sent

22nd September 2008 - NOA1 x 3 Received

6th October 2008 - Transferred to CSC

17th October 2008 - Biometrics

5th December 2008 - EAD & AP approved

20th February 2008 - GC approved

I-751

================

1st December 2010 - I-751 Sent (CSC)

3rd December 2010 - I-751 Received

7th December 2010 - Cheque cashed

3rd January 2011 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
whew, thanks for the link doboy. I think we are good.. just have to be more careful for the interview with size of pictures!

No problem. Hope that memorandum is still valid. I think I may have my fiancee take the visa photo here in US when she visits me next time so I don't have to worry about getting the "right" sized photo. :star:

K-1

2/7/09 I-129F sent from CA

2/10/09 received

2/12/09 NOA1 issued

3/27/09 NOA2 issued

4/9/09 received @ NVC

4/13/09 sent to US embassy

4/19/09 received @ embassy in Seoul

4/21/09 faxed in DS230, part I

4/23/09 scheduled interview online for 5/26/09

5/26/09 interview passed, I was present during interview

5/27/09 visa received

6/6/09 POE @ LAX with me

8/1/09 Tied the knot

9/4/09 I-94 expiration, sent I-485 paperwork

9/8/09 USPS confirm delivery

9/16/09 check cashed (took a while ^^;;)

9/17/09 I-485, I-131, & I-765 NOAs received via USPS

10/16/09 Biometrics taken

10/19/09 EAP approved, card in production

10/19/09 I-131 approved, received advanced parole few days later in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

There are lots of memo's stating all kinds of things floating around the USCIS. Those of us that have been here a while know that each adjuticator is not created equally and not everyone abides by these memos. They're not suppose to issue RFE's for not having an original sig anymore either but we know that some still do....

They shouldn't... does not mean they won't. ;)

timeline.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.