Bern.

Hey fellow canucks. <3

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm getting married on Wednesday. We didn't plan on it happening, but now it is (I guess) and yes, I'm coming back home to Canada to file for the CR-1. <3

I'm just so happy that I thought I would share it, I'm getting married at the Chapel of Flowers in Las Vegas. (:

And when we went to apply for the marriage license; there was one couple that was making a giant scene. Something about having a crappy engagement ring, and something about her dad and her being from Canada. :huh: (Turns out she didn't have the proper ID...)

So now my question is, how did you guys tie the knot? And if you're engaged, how do you want your wedding to be?

TIME TO SHARE STORIES. :)

And btw, do I tell Canadian customs I got hitched? Or is the same, don't volunteer information.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our first legal wedding was on halloween at a court house, I bought mouse ears and he bought this plastic army helmet. The lady on the phone told us we could dress up so we thought we'd just buy head gear. :lol:

Our next "real" wedding was amazing and at a vineyard, the guestlist was small, just 60 people, and the atmosphere was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything more. It really was beautiful. I always said that if I got married it would be at a vineyard, and that is where it happened. Well I always thought it would be a vineyard in the Niagara region but oh well... I shot a little further south. :P

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Oh wow, Halloween. Thats amazing and creative. I would have loved to have done that! :o

But I fell in love with the place, and the chapels were gorgeous. :P

dev356pr___.png

Timeline

Congrats on your upcoming nupitals, sounds great! I got married in a JOP's living room in downtown Philly, just me and my man! In PA you don't need witnesses (I found him when researching online and have referred him to a fellow VJer moving to Philly). So his wife is in the kitchen making dinner, we're sitting in his living room while he fills out the marriage cert. He was so nice and cool and it was a quickie, 10 minute ceremony (3 months ago yesterday in fact!) We were so happy then we went to Cheesecake Factory for a celebration dinner, then came home to celebrate :whistle: We are planning the wedding with family and friends Sept. 4, 2010 here in Philadelphia.

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

we got married in Canada in a little chapel on the grounds of the bed and breakfast where we had stayed a few times when he would come and visit.. we also spent about 2 or 3 days there for our honeymoon...

my mom made my dress and my sister's dress, she was the flower girl and my matron of honour just happened to have a dress already that matched the colours of the wedding

the chapel only fit like 16 people... so it was basically just family, well my family.. none of his family came because they said they didn't have the money but I think it was more because they were scared to fly.. none of them had flown before :P

during the ceremony my little sister sang a song, Shania Twain's "From this moment".. it was really sweet..

it was a really nice, sweet and short ceremony... I had never wanted a big huge wedding so this was perfect... (L)

the only sucky part was that it was March so nothing was blooming so our outdoor pictures look kind of stark and bare :P

we invited a few more people to the reception that we had at my parents house...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I got married less than a week and a half ago, shortly after this picture was taken...

IMG_0208.jpg

We got married before the Canucks/Stars game at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. It was awesome! We had a box suite, and it had space for 18 people (including us), so we just filled it with family and friends, and it was wonderful! It was great of my family to make the trip all the way to Dallas. They rock!

Oh, and I don't think you need to volunteer the information about your wedding. I came back to Canada on Thursday, and the Customs guy didn't ask me anything about my trip. He asked where I was coming from, I told him Tulsa and Dallas. He asked when I left Canada, I said "February 5th" and that was it. He didn't even ask me about declaring anything. If he had asked me why I was in the U.S. I would've told him that I got married, but it didn't come up.

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WOw Holliday it sounds like you had an awesome idea for your wedding! Congratulations on your marriage!

We are planning on eloping to Hawaii and getting married on a beach sometime this summer, and that all depends on how my interview goes in April and if I can ever sell my condo here in Canada. :)

Edited by Tankgurl38

ROC

Sept 9/11 - Sent I-751 Package in Mail

Sept 12/11 - Package received at CSC

Sept 15/11 - Cheque cashed

Sept 16/11 - Receive NOA for I-751

Sept 19/11 - Receive Biometrics Appointment Letter dated 9/15/2011

Oct 7/11 - Biometrics Appointment

Dec 2/11 - Greencard production ordered

Dec 3/11 - received email from USCIS advising card production

AOS

Aug 6/09 - Sent AOS, EAD, AP Package in mail

Aug 8/09 - Packaged received in Chicago

Aug 13/09 - Cheque cashed

Aug 17/09 - Receive NOA for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Aug 21/09 - Receive Notice for Biometrics Appt

Aug 24/09 - RFE Sent in Mail

Aug 29/09 - RFE recieved

Sept 3/09 - Mail back RFE package

Sept 5/09 - RFE package received

Sept 10/09 - I-485 case resumed

Sept 10/09 - Address changed on I-485, I-765 and I-131

Sept 15/09 - Biometrics Appt

Sept 28/09 - AP Approved, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #1

Oct 1/09 - Received AP Hardcopy in Mail, EAD Card Production Ordered Email #2

Oct 5/09 - Received EAD Card

Oct 29/09 - Received Interview Letter

Dec 2/09 - Interview --APPROVED!!!!

Timeline

ohh the hockey one sounds awesome.

we got married in the city hall in conception bay south, newfoundland then had the after party at hubby's parents house with about 50+ people there. all his family of course lol

Timeline
Our first legal wedding was on halloween at a court house, I bought mouse ears and he bought this plastic army helmet. The lady on the phone told us we could dress up so we thought we'd just buy head gear. :lol:

That's awesome! :lol:

We got married outside of Vegas, at the Valley of Fire. Semi-last-minute decision. We decided we didn't want to wait another year.

WOw Holliday it sounds like you had an awesome idea for your wedding! Congratulations on your marriage!

We are planning on eloping to Hawaii and getting married on a beach sometime this summer, and that all depends on how my interview goes in April and if I can ever sell my condo here in Canada. :)

Boy isn't that the truth!! I have a house to sell too..and the way the market is going now....*shudders*....I don't have a mortgage on it though...so I'll be putting up for sale lower than market value..just to make sure it moves!!

Tim and I will have a wedding...with everything! He knows LOTS of people, and comes from a big family with lots of relatives. Also..he's never been married before..so this calls for a celebration!!

We are so hoping that an August wedding is in our future. It may happen judging by the average timelines and all..

Congratulations Ber + Ter!!!!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline
Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

I got married less than a week and a half ago, shortly after this picture was taken...

IMG_0208.jpg

We got married before the Canucks/Stars game at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. It was awesome! We had a box suite, and it had space for 18 people (including us), so we just filled it with family and friends, and it was wonderful! It was great of my family to make the trip all the way to Dallas. They rock!

Oh, and I don't think you need to volunteer the information about your wedding. I came back to Canada on Thursday, and the Customs guy didn't ask me anything about my trip. He asked where I was coming from, I told him Tulsa and Dallas. He asked when I left Canada, I said "February 5th" and that was it. He didn't even ask me about declaring anything. If he had asked me why I was in the U.S. I would've told him that I got married, but it didn't come up.

That's so cool! I was wondering how the big day had went. A very unique and memorable day I am sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got married in a judge's office at the courthouse. It took about 5 minutes and I cried! :) It was pretty fabulous. Then, like JillA, we went out to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate as well. It was my our first time there and man were we stuffed! We couldn't even celebrate when we got home. We lapsed into food comas! :)

Then we had a wedding with both of our families on Oct 11, 2008, Canadian Thanksgiving, down here in the States. It was very small, about 30 people including us. The ceremony was overlooking a lake, and it was only 38 degrees when the week before it had been 70! It was fabulous. So many things went wrong but I just didn't care. It was the wedding I wanted. :)

Congrats on your wedding. I'm sure it will be fantastic!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

I want the Hockey Wedding QQ! There is an ice arena at the hotel I'm staying at...but they refuse to let me skate because I will apparently ''fall on my face and injure myself.'' I used to play ice hockey...I'm fine :(

dev356pr___.png

I'm getting married on Wednesday. We didn't plan on it happening, but now it is (I guess) and yes, I'm coming back home to Canada to file for the CR-1. <3

I'm just so happy that I thought I would share it, I'm getting married at the Chapel of Flowers in Las Vegas. (:

And when we went to apply for the marriage license; there was one couple that was making a giant scene. Something about having a crappy engagement ring, and something about her dad and her being from Canada. :huh: (Turns out she didn't have the proper ID...)

So now my question is, how did you guys tie the knot? And if you're engaged, how do you want your wedding to be?

TIME TO SHARE STORIES. :)

And btw, do I tell Canadian customs I got hitched? Or is the same, don't volunteer information.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Congratulations on your nuptials Holliday!!

Well the plan is to have a small ceremony and reception (60) with family and friends, once I get the visa I will be waiting in Canada for a few months to get as many family and friends enough notice...(they all know the situation and approx month). We discussed doing a JOP and then having a small reception a few months later down the road when I will hopefully have my EAD, but our families...well his family didn't like the idea. My family warmed up to it, but I am sure it wouldn't have been the way they wanted me to have it. So here we are planning a wedding...kind of....without a date or a church/venue, but definitely a few good ideas in mind so that when I travel down there in a month I can do some scouting out!!

AOS

Sent- 10-21-09

Tracking says Delivered by USPS-10-23-09

Check cashed-10-30-09 (MSC case # on back)

NOA 1 date-10-29-09 (Received Date 10-23-09)

Hard copy NOA - 11-02-09

Touch- 11-03-09

Received bio appt letter-11-07-09(dated 11-03-09)

Bio appt- 11-19-09

Transfer to CSC-11-18-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-19-09

Touch on 485/765- 11-20-09

Hard copy of transfer to CSC- 11-23-09

Touch on 485- 11-24-09 (now processing @ CSC email)

Touch on 485- 11-25-09

Touch on 485- 11-27-09

Touch on 485- 11-30-09

Touch on 485- 12-01-09

Touch on 485- 12-02-09

Touch on 485- 12-03-09

EAD/AP approved-12-18-09

EAD/AP touch- 12-21-09

GC APPROVED!!- 12-21-09

Notice mailed welcoming PR-12-21-09

2nd Card Production ordered email-12-22-09

Approval notice sent-12-28-09

GC arrived in the mail-01-05-10

Done with USCIS until September 14, 2011!!

ROC

Sent: 09-14-11

Received: 09-16-11

Check cashed: 09-21-11

y7nv8l5t.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
We got married outside of Vegas, at the Valley of Fire. Semi-last-minute decision. We decided we didn't want to wait another year.

I love the Valley Of Fire. I used to go hiking there back in the early 90's before you had to pay to get in and before anyone ever really visited it. I would hike for hours on the rocks and get myself lost on purpose...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.