daboyz

Denied in Bangkok

76 posts in this topic

how did they find out about the lein? did they run a credit check?

Many people owe the government massive amounts of money for student loans and such, if they were to deduct the monthly payments owed on those loans alot of people might not qualify... :angry:

It is networked. :whistle:

I think they have access to the computer system, which can be access IRS tax information and border entry information.

Probably a couple of more systems.

Don't want to get to far off topic here but I think they would need a signed consent from the tax payer in order to access the IRS data base. I know that both the Department of Education, the VA and your Senator or Congressman can't acces tax records and I'm assuming the DOS and the USCIS cant legally access them either without a signed consent. A tax lein is a public record that shows up on a credit report but if the embassy is pulling credit reports of the sponsers then that might be new....

Even the credit report needs the person's consent.

Recently somebody who went for N400 interview had experienced that USCIS adjudicator "accidently" showed the computer screen while he/she inquired IRS record and IBIS record during the interview.

We signed so many paperworks during the process, so we never know whether we did sign for it or not. :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I had a couple questions.

1. I had seen people here mention about having people write letters attesting to the validity of our relationship. I have a couple Americans in Bangkok that would do this for me. One was my landlord when my wife and I lived together. The other my co-worker there. I also have some British friends that would help me out with this. Do you think this would help?

2. If they did do this, would just a signed letter be enough, or would it need to be notarized at the Embassy?

We were initially denied a visa, and I used these letters to prove that we have a bonifide marriage. I collected from mostly family, but also some friends that knew us as a couple. I had the ones here in the US notorized, and had the ones in Morocco translated. I had them each include their contact information. I do believe this was helpful.

Giving them proof that you have an agreement with the IRS would be beneficial. Do you have a contract with them? And yes, gathering more proof that you co existed in Thailand is essential. But make sure to give proof that the relationship is ongoing. Also if you have proof of your upcoming visit you should send that as well.

Perhaps you should consider getting either your congressman or senators office involved at this point. They haven't actually denied you yet, so this is actually good news. I suspect that you can get this turned around. Best wishes to you.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I had a couple questions.

1. I had seen people here mention about having people write letters attesting to the validity of our relationship. I have a couple Americans in Bangkok that would do this for me. One was my landlord when my wife and I lived together. The other my co-worker there. I also have some British friends that would help me out with this. Do you think this would help?

2. If they did do this, would just a signed letter be enough, or would it need to be notarized at the Embassy?

We were initially denied a visa, and I used these letters to prove that we have a bonifide marriage. I collected from mostly family, but also some friends that knew us as a couple. I had the ones here in the US notorized, and had the ones in Morocco translated. I had them each include their contact information. I do believe this was helpful.

Giving them proof that you have an agreement with the IRS would be beneficial. Do you have a contract with them? And yes, gathering more proof that you co existed in Thailand is essential. But make sure to give proof that the relationship is ongoing. Also if you have proof of your upcoming visit you should send that as well.

Perhaps you should consider getting either your congressman or senators office involved at this point. They haven't actually denied you yet, so this is actually good news. I suspect that you can get this turned around. Best wishes to you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Update:

I am hand carrying my tax returns, as well as corresponding W-2s and 1099s from last year showing over 50k in income. It also shows a $4700 refund. So that will be applied to my 10k balance. I just got off the phone withe the IRS. They are faxing me my statement, showing that I have been making my $400 monthly payments on time every month since last May.

I have sent the wife, and I am bringing with me all of the emails I have. It's not much, cause she doesn't use the computer much. Also, 20 pages in phone bills to Thailand. More photos of us together. I asked my previous landlord and previous co-worker in Bangkok to write a letter for me attesting that we were a legitimate couple, and we lived together at the address in Bangkok I provided to USCIS and NVC.

I can't think of anything else. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know. I leave for BKK in the morning, and will be going to the Embassy Monday afternoon Thailand time to drop this info off in person.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Update:

I am hand carrying my tax returns, as well as corresponding W-2s and 1099s from last year showing over 50k in income. It also shows a $4700 refund. So that will be applied to my 10k balance. I just got off the phone withe the IRS. They are faxing me my statement, showing that I have been making my $400 monthly payments on time every month since last May.

I have sent the wife, and I am bringing with me all of the emails I have. It's not much, cause she doesn't use the computer much. Also, 20 pages in phone bills to Thailand. More photos of us together. I asked my previous landlord and previous co-worker in Bangkok to write a letter for me attesting that we were a legitimate couple, and we lived together at the address in Bangkok I provided to USCIS and NVC.

I can't think of anything else. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know. I leave for BKK in the morning, and will be going to the Embassy Monday afternoon Thailand time to drop this info off in person.

Good luck daboyz

Looks like you've really got everything organized. I think you've got a great plan together, and hopefully you'll sail through quickly from this point.

Keep in mind the recent experience of Aaron, who came through BKK interview (K1). He also needed to provide additional evidence of relationship after an initial denial - after mustering an organized file similar to yours, they had no problem on the repeat visit. For what it's worth - I think you have a damn fine presentation here!

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you get the visa approved and are on your way home with your wife very quickly.

Update:

Good luck daboyz

Looks like you've really got everything organized. I think you've got a great plan together, and hopefully you'll sail through quickly from this point.

Keep in mind the recent experience of Aaron, who came through BKK interview (K1). He also needed to provide additional evidence of relationship after an initial denial - after mustering an organized file similar to yours, they had no problem on the repeat visit. For what it's worth - I think you have a damn fine presentation here!

Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you get the visa approved and are on your way home with your wife very quickly.

Ditto :thumbs:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
She got it.

another vj success story :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
She got it.

Good news! Congrats!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
She got it.

AWESOME!

:dance:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

wow! reading the responses.....i feel like watching a tv show/movie .....that was full of suspense...and in the end...it all ends well. :whistle:

:dancing::dancing::dancing: CONGRATULATIONS!! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

so many people here at vj with big kind hearts! ....cheers!

Edited by veepee

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.