daboyz

Denied in Bangkok

76 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Dear Mr. Ference:

Thank you for your email. Please notify the applicant that she can come

to the Embassy to submit pending documents on any business Monday and

Wednesday in the afternoon between 13.00 and 15.00.

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

Ok. There it is. I'll just go with her on Monday.

I'm glad to hear that.

Good luck to you both and we shall be watching for your post from Bangkok.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Dear Mr. Ference:

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

beautiful!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Daboyz-There's good mojo. It will all work out. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Minya-please do all of us a favor and mind your own business. It is people like you that give this otherwise great website a bad rap. Pay attention to your own affairs, and and not anyone else's - stay out of harmless conversations that are not directed at you. YOU are the one that made the first negative comment. And, seeing how you don't know me at all, you also don't know that I don't allow people like you, who think they have some ownership over others comments, to dictate anything I say. So - your input is meaningless to me, go focus your efforts on something positive.

Thanks mom. I'll take it under advisement.

OK - that took about 5 seconds.

Anything else?

Yes, grow up!

I could care less what you allow...I am exercising my right to post in whatever thread I feel like. AFAIK, I've broken no TOS in this thread. (A mod can correct me if I'm wrong.)

My input was not intended to give you any meaning, but rather it was geared towards making sure that a future VJ member does not misinterpret your glib little comment about IRS agents trolling this site and freak out. You brought condescension and called me names.

And BTW, I'm his wife, not Minya. ;)

Daboyz-There's good mojo. It will all work out. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Minya-please do all of us a favor and mind your own business. It is people like you that give this otherwise great website a bad rap. Pay attention to your own affairs, and and not anyone else's - stay out of harmless conversations that are not directed at you. YOU are the one that made the first negative comment. And, seeing how you don't know me at all, you also don't know that I don't allow people like you, who think they have some ownership over others comments, to dictate anything I say. So - your input is meaningless to me, go focus your efforts on something positive.

Anything else?

Yes, grow up!

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I find your defense of your comments ironic, seeing your earlier admonition to me stated specifically the following..

"Maybe you should think before posting, and think of the stated purpose of VJ, "to educate and provide general information regarding family and marriage based immigration (K1, K3, IR-1 Visas, DCF, etc) for a spouse, fiance, parent(s) or other close relatives to reunite and bring together families."

But you now say, you can post whatever you want. The same thing you criticized me for. I'm not saying hypocrisy, but...

Hey- do dabyz a favor, because he's a heck of a guy, who's helped me out a lot. If you have an issue with me, being it straight to me via a PM. Leave it off of his thread. You have yet to say anything supportive or worthwile to this man, as he is going through his troubles, you are just trying to pick a fight. If that is your intention, find me off of this thread. I'll give you what you are looking for. This is my last comment to you on this. The next one will come straight to you via PM.

I could care less what you allow...I am exercising my right to post in whatever thread I feel like. AFAIK, I've broken no TOS in this thread. (A mod can correct me if I'm wrong.)

My input was not intended to give you any meaning, but rather it was geared towards making sure that a future VJ member does not misinterpret your glib little comment about IRS agents trolling this site and freak out. You brought condescension and called me names.

And BTW, I'm his wife, not Minya. ;)

Anything else?

Yes, grow up!

how did they find out about the lein? did they run a credit check?

Many people owe the government massive amounts of money for student loans and such, if they were to deduct the monthly payments owed on those loans alot of people might not qualify... :angry:

It is networked. :whistle:

I think they have access to the computer system, which can be access IRS tax information and border entry information.

Probably a couple of more systems.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Dear Mr. Ference:

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

Great! Best of luck to you.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good to hear!

Staff of a Bangkok visa lawyer told us to have 50+ pics... even for a K3. New recommendation.

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Dear Mr. Ference:

Regards,

Correspondence Unit

Best of luck. Please let us know the outcome. (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I had a couple questions.

1. I had seen people here mention about having people write letters attesting to the validity of our relationship. I have a couple Americans in Bangkok that would do this for me. One was my landlord when my wife and I lived together. The other my co-worker there. I also have some British friends that would help me out with this. Do you think this would help?

2. If they did do this, would just a signed letter be enough, or would it need to be notarized at the Embassy?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I had a couple questions.

1. I had seen people here mention about having people write letters attesting to the validity of our relationship. I have a couple Americans in Bangkok that would do this for me. One was my landlord when my wife and I lived together. The other my co-worker there. I also have some British friends that would help me out with this. Do you think this would help?

2. If they did do this, would just a signed letter be enough, or would it need to be notarized at the Embassy?

A couple would be good. Notarizing would be a bonus. Hand written is also ok.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Many people owe the government massive amounts of money for student loans and such, if they were to deduct the monthly payments owed on those loans alot of people might not qualify... :angry:

I think they have access to the computer system, which can be access IRS tax information and border entry information.

Don't want to get to far off topic here but I think they would need a signed consent from the tax payer in order to access the IRS data base. I know that both the Department of Education, the VA and your Senator or Congressman can't acces tax records and I'm assuming the DOS and the USCIS cant legally access them either without a signed consent. A tax lein is a public record that shows up on a credit report but if the embassy is pulling credit reports of the sponsers then that might be new....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Don't want to get to far off topic here but I think they would need a signed consent from the tax payer in order to access the IRS data base. I know that both the Department of Education, the VA and your Senator or Congressman can't acces tax records and I'm assuming the DOS and the USCIS cant legally access them either without a signed consent. A tax lein is a public record that shows up on a credit report but if the embassy is pulling credit reports of the sponsers then that might be new....

I'm not sure how they found it. What really bothers me, is what wasn't this brought up at NVC before it ever went to the Embassy. IR-1 you file the I-864 and proof of income etc. with NVC. If there was a problem with this, why did they complete the case and forward it to Thailand for the interview.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'm not sure how they found it. What really bothers me, is what wasn't this brought up at NVC before it ever went to the Embassy. IR-1 you file the I-864 and proof of income etc. with NVC. If there was a problem with this, why did they complete the case and forward it to Thailand for the interview.

I'm not sure how they got it either but it's important to understand a tax lien is far more significant than simply owing the IRS money. It IS a matter of public record. I suspect either the Consulate gained the knowledge after the case left NVC or the Consular officer simply chose to give the lien additional consideration as part of the totality of circumstances. NVC is not tasked with evaluation the totality of circumstances. Without a detailed transcript of the interview (as detailed as memory allows) it would be difficult to determine just where things took a wrong turn. I suspect the lack of bona fide evidence combined with the tax lien to turn the corner but I also suspect some details of the interviw played their part as well.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

NVC just check the paperwork by US Embassy's request.

NVC personal doesn't check IRS record or IBIS system for individuals.

But US consular officer and USCIS adjudicator may have IRS record and IBIS system via limited network access.

So they can find something...

Recently there was some report regarding this issue.

USCIS adjudicator shows the computer screen to check IRS tax info and IBIS information to interviewee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.