ASRS

Change of address

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:unsure: A question for whom ever can help me with this minor problem. My 130 was just approved and I am doing my research about the next steps while I wait for a NVC case #. When I applied for my wife, I used my present address where I was doing my internship. However, I will be moving to a new address to start my residency in just a few weeks. So the problem is that when I fill out the 864, I will have to use the new address because that is where my new employer will be. While I was looking at the 864 today, I noticed something about having to report any change of address for the sponsor.

Now my question is that do I have to report the new address (my new house) or can I still leave the old address(my parents address) and attach an explanation? Also, If I do report the address change, then what will that do to my case at the NVC since the address change form is sent to VSC?

Thank you for any help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:unsure: A question for whom ever can help me with this minor problem. My 130 was just approved and I am doing my research about the next steps while I wait for a NVC case #. When I applied for my wife, I used my present address where I was doing my internship. However, I will be moving to a new address to start my residency in just a few weeks. So the problem is that when I fill out the 864, I will have to use the new address because that is where my new employer will be. While I was looking at the 864 today, I noticed something about having to report any change of address for the sponsor.

Now my question is that do I have to report the new address (my new house) or can I still leave the old address(my parents address) and attach an explanation? Also, If I do report the address change, then what will that do to my case at the NVC since the address change form is sent to VSC?

Thank you for any help.

Im not an expert at this, but I think you can call to update your address (800)375-5283

Novosibirsk to Minneapolis

Sent to Moscow September 26th, 2006

Waiting for Interview, and to be together.

Saw my smart beautiful wife to be, and my baby girl on July 3rd, 2006

We expected her to be in Minneapolis on May 6th, 2006

Arrived October 27th

Married December 3rd

Baby girl born on December 29th

Started paperwork on AOS April 1st

Filed: Timeline

Thank you for any help.

HI! You must file the I-865 form of Sposnsor's change of Adress together with the AR-11 Alien of Change of Adress to your Service Center. Plus you need to file one more Ar-11 Alien of Change of adress form and mail it to Kentucky as well .Also you should call the 1-800 number and let them know about the Change of Adress.

The requirement is that you should notify about your Change of adress within 10 days after you move to the new place.

Sincerely.

Thank you for any help.

Hi! Also ,if you are planning to stay on the old adress for a few weeks and if you are filing the I-864 right now,you should mention the present old adress on this form.

After you move ,you need to file and I-865 and Ar-11 to your local Service Center and one more Ar-11 to Kentucky.After you file the I-865 you will get an acknowledgment by mail veryfying the Sponsors Cahnge of Adress.,but you wont get an acknowledgment on Ar-11 form .

Best wishes.

Sincerely.

Thank you for any help.

HI! You must file the I-865 form of Sposnsor's change of Adress together with the AR-11 Alien of Change of Adress to your Service Center. Plus you need to file one more Ar-11 Alien of Change of adress form and mail it to Kentucky as well .Also you should call the 1-800 number and let them know about the Change of Adress.

The requirement is that you should notify about your Change of adress within 10 days after you move to the new place.

Sincerely.

Thank you for any help.

Hi! Also ,if you are planning to stay on the old adress for a few weeks and if you are filing the I-864 right now,you should mention the present old adress on this form.

After you move ,you need to file and I-865 and Ar-11 to your local Service Center and one more Ar-11 to Kentucky.After you file the I-865 you will get an acknowledgment by mail veryfying the Sponsors Cahnge of Adress.,but you wont get an acknowledgment on Ar-11 form .

Best wishes.

Sincerely.

Not the case when one is only at the stage of the OP. What you are describing is 1. a USC who already is a sponsor with an affidavit of support who is required to complete I-865 to notify USCIS of a change of address. 2. AR-11 which is for one (immigrant) already in the US to notify USCIS of a change of address. Both circumstances then have to notify within 10 days.

Further reading on change of address

HERE

ASRS

It is not a requirement for USCIS to be notified of a change of address at this stage. Once you have a case number at NVC you can send an email notifying them of your change of address so that anything generated is sent to you at your new address. An example is below

Ensure that you put the NVC case number clearly in the subject line.

Email addy NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Body of email should include....

1. Regarding the subject case number the following information applies:

a. Beneficiary name: xxxxxx xxx xxxxx - DOB: mm/dd/yyyy

b. Petitioner name: xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxx - DOB: mm/dd/yyyy

2. I am requesting that Petitioner address be changed to reflect the

following:

Name

Address

All the best

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.