Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 Any APPROVALS week of FEB 23, 2009.

333 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Or sometimes I'll imagine him in the living room and talk to him :wacko: He he I guess we could add in our letter to congress, please give us our approval cz we have started to display some weird wacko side effects of missing our So's maybe then our files can pulled out from under those wobbly tables at VSC :devil:

I kiss my husband's shirts everytime I walk into our closet (I have alot of his stuff here now). I talk to his pictures. I grab random articles of his clothing and smell them and fall sleep with them in my hand. It's like having a part of him near me. Yeah, I wonder if insanity will get you a faster approval? :wacko:

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Or sometimes I'll imagine him in the living room and talk to him :wacko: He he I guess we could add in our letter to congress, please give us our approval cz we have started to display some weird wacko side effects of missing our So's maybe then our files can pulled out from under those wobbly tables at VSC :devil:

I kiss my husband's shirts everytime I walk into our closet (I have alot of his stuff here now). I talk to his pictures. I grab random articles of his clothing and smell them and fall sleep with them in my hand. It's like having a part of him near me. Yeah, I wonder if insanity will get you a faster approval? :wacko:

he he :devil: I'll plead anything and everything at this point! Getting desperate... :unsure: .... :whistle::( .... :cry: and :dead: from all of this :clock: My heart goes out to those who have been waiting 1+ yr!! :wacko:

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
ya GS, the best way we could describe it was "its becoming work to communicate" liek sitting in front of the pc, unable to preform any other tasks.

if he was here, i could just poke my head around the corner from the kitchen and talk to him while i cook dinner. and he could sit on the couch after work and talk to me instead of running to the internet cafe all tired and blown out.

we went through that phase...it's rough. :crying:

WOWWWWWWWWW that is exactly how we feel!! My poor hubby used to be at the internet cafe till 4:00 a.m. at times when we first found each other online (due to the time difference. My poor baby: They're 7 hrs ahead from us). Then after we got married and I had to leave, we finally realized having a computer would save us money on phone calls (since we use the free pc to pc video call on msn) and it would be more comfortable for him to chat while at home wearing PJs or running to the kitchen to eat a bite, etc. But yeah, many times I picture him around in the house (though not sitting on the couch while I am cooking, rather the other way around :lol: j/k both in the kitchen 2gether though he is such a sweetie and doesn't mind cooking for me and has done that many times. Pretty rare for a middle eastern man!! Lucky me! :star:

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, that's so sweet..... all these stories remind me of mine, so sweet...and that's why its so hard all this time waiting...to have a life a happy life with your beloved husband....

I sleep with his shirt and wear his cologne to bed....how crazy is that????? just so i dont forget waht it feels like having a husband!!!

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
ya GS, the best way we could describe it was "its becoming work to communicate" liek sitting in front of the pc, unable to preform any other tasks.

if he was here, i could just poke my head around the corner from the kitchen and talk to him while i cook dinner. and he could sit on the couch after work and talk to me instead of running to the internet cafe all tired and blown out.

WOWWWWWWWWW that is exactly how we feel!! My poor hubby used to be at the internet cafe till 4:00 a.m. at times when we first found each other online (due to the time difference. My poor baby: They're 7 hrs ahead from us). Then after we got married and I had to leave, we finally realized having a computer would save us money on phone calls (since we use the free pc to pc video call on msn) and it would be more comfortable for him to chat while at home wearing PJs or running to the kitchen to eat a bite, etc. But yeah, many times I picture him around in the house (though not sitting on the couch while I am cooking, rather the other way around :lol: j/k both in the kitchen 2gether though he is such a sweetie and doesn't mind cooking for me and has done that many times. Pretty rare for a middle eastern man!! Lucky me! :star:

it helps to know you arent alone in all of the "side effects" of the distance :star: we're also 7 hours. So, I wake him up at 930(430am his time) and he drags himself outta bed to go to the cafe before work :blush:

ya, yazied keeps talking about cooking for me while im at work when he first gets here: :unsure: but :luv: lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, that's so sweet..... all these stories remind me of mine, so sweet...and that's why its so hard all this time waiting...to have a life a happy life with your beloved husband....

I sleep with his shirt and wear his cologne to bed....how crazy is that????? just so i dont forget waht it feels like having a husband!!!

me too :blush: and narina, sometimes i just open his closet and imagine it filled with all of his things and him getting dressed sitting on our bed.

omg you guys...this is too sad. :crying:

maybe we should write uscis and ask for some reform at vsc, to reduce usc's from going completely insane :lol:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

it helps to know you arent alone in all of the "side effects" of the distance :star: we're also 7 hours. So, I wake him up at 930(430am his time) and he drags himself outta bed to go to the cafe before work :blush:

ya, yazied keeps talking about cooking for me while im at work when he first gets here: :unsure: but :luv: lol

Someone needs to show me how to post two ppl's quotes in one reply :unsure: So I don't have to keep flooding the forum with my long siggy :lol: That's why I try to disable it sometimes but it would be nice to be able to respond to more than one person at a time...

Anywaysssssss... Lisa, yes I know u are 7 hrs too. Jordan is my stop on my visits to Lebanon. Next time I am there, I will rmb this is where Lisa left her heart :luv: I love flying with the royal jordanian. I tell my husband he should come from Amman. Very comfy journey. 10-11 hrs straight to JFK. YAYYYYYYY I am getting excited just thinking abt that one flight separating us from the big reunion!! :jest: Okay back to reality, lol...it's really not fair at all that u r still in AP and it's day 50 tomorrow....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry: This whole AP thing is freakin me out big time considering my hubby's nationality :crying:

And Mayra, I am a sucker for romatic stories ...pray tell us urs :wub: I would love to hear all about it :) And ooooooooh we have similar timelines!! Hope our approval is close!

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

I thought I was the only wacko

I wear Tuchos Shirts to bed. When I was with him in Costa Rica and he was working nights I would wear his shirts he had hanging in the closet because they smelled like him. I would sleep with his pillows. God I am pathetic.

When I fly home he always tells me he misses me and the sheets smell like me. I wanna cry

I wear his baseball hats too.

:wub:

awwwwwwwwww (((((((JEN))))))))) How did ur court date go? I had a weird day too, cried in the car on the way to work, then sucked the tears right in (was really hard to do but had to) then felt feverish and walked around dazed all day. Felt slightly dizzy (UH OH watch out could there an imaginary baby like urs?? hahahaha :rofl: ) Thank God I am NOT pregnant. GOD, I can't even begin to imagine how much harder and triplesuperduper more stressful this would have been. God bless those who can get through this and are expecting!!! I don't know how they can do it.... :unsure: They deserve some extra karma stars :star::star::star:

thanks for the hug. I really need something more though. I lost my court case. who would have thought if you lose your job, you don't have to pay one dime for child support.... its amazing how this effin' system works. No money to pay support but he shows up with an attorney. #######???? One day Karma is going to smack him in the effin face and he won't know what hit him. One day pay back will beat the ####### out of him and he will have no one to blame except his arrogant nasty self. And his Yetti wife will leave his butt because he'll be so pathetic.

I want to cry but that won't help. I wanna talk to my husband but he is on his way home. No cell service in the mtns.

And Friday I have another hearing . This one ought to be amusing though. Still , it is stress I could do without. No wonder Aunt Flo didn't want to visit. Too much drama for her ... hee hee

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Jen, I'll write about that on FB.

Amsterdam is 7 hours later than here too. So we have the time difference issue. Usually we talk when I'm at work, my morning, his evening.

Lisa, I bought a table, 2 chairs, and a tray for my bedroom. I also bought a capuccino maker. My husband has a capuccino coffee everyday at work. I got all this stuff so I can make him one every morning :wub: I also imagine seeing him there...remember when he was there actually... Since he left, after our religious ceremony, I have not slept in my bed. I have not slept in that bed for almost 2 years now. I vowed I will not sleep there again until he returns :cry: Every morning I get up, go downstairs, go to that room, grab my clothes, get dressed, and stare at the bed and say, "I love you baby. I can't wait until you're here again" and I leave.

In our Amsterdam apartment I keep some of my stuff there too. My perfumes, my stockings, slippers, a couple of dresses, and my hair stuff, etc etc...so he has a reminder of me too. If I have time during my visit, I'll cook extra food and freeze it, so that he has some home cooking for a few more days while I'm gone. This last trip though, I didn't do that. My poor baby.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
And Mayra, I am a sucker for romatic stories ...pray tell us urs :wub: I would love to hear all about it :) And ooooooooh we have similar timelines!! Hope our approval is close!

I know, we have similar timeliness, and according to the estimates here, we should be coming up!! and its about time cause its really stressful not having the one u love. I see all your stories and I just feel like I'm reading my own, the late internet conversations, phone conversations, the cooking, the wearing clothes, been there done it all with hubby, but pretty much long distance b/c NVC just feels we're not worthy of fast processing!! I just don't get it, why these peps with K1 processes go so much faster????????, what's wrong with this picture, wouldn't you think that someone requesting a husband, mind u a family member already, have to wait apparently twice as long to start a life/ family.??????? that's despicable!!!!

And, I'm glad, Esposadetucho "Jenn" right? that I didn't come back from Colombia knocked up, hahaaha he wanted it so bad, We want a family obviously but I just don't see how you can be apart during this most important time for the both of you. he just kept saying the process wasn't going to take this long and here we are....still waiting, I'm glad it didn't happen I guess for a reason ... I don't want him to miss a thing!!

I have to give it to those who have been able to manage to go through this alone/ apart...difficult!! couldn't do it myself!!!

So, with that I hope that this week or next we all get what we so need...APPROVALSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Timeline

:running off to slit wrists:

KIDDING!!!

these stories are so sweet but sad at the same time.

Narina, soon you will be making capp after sleeping in that room TOGETHER! :)

yes, do tell about shopping and new purchases!, its one of the few things that takes my mind to a better place these days :lol:

did you arrange them yet? I was thinking about you over the weekend, cuzz i was looking at something thinking..this wont work, moving it around...then realizing i bought a,b and c and i cant get it how i want! heh heh

Thanks!

Timeline
:running off to slit wrists:

KIDDING!!!

these stories are so sweet but sad at the same time.

Narina, soon you will be making capp after sleeping in that room TOGETHER! :)

yes, do tell about shopping and new purchases!, its one of the few things that takes my mind to a better place these days :lol:

did you arrange them yet? I was thinking about you over the weekend, cuzz i was looking at something thinking..this wont work, moving it around...then realizing i bought a,b and c and i cant get it how i want! heh heh

I was so sick I didn't even go shopping these 2 days. Actually, I'm pretty much done. I only need a couple of things. I need a rug for my living room. I found the one I want on e-bay but it's round. They said they have it in a rectangle, but I've emailed them a million times to put up the rectangle one for sale so I can buy it...still haven't done that. So now I don't know if I wanna buy from peopel that can't get their shite together! I need a nice fancy type chair for my guest room. My office is a disaster, but I found the desk I want for it. I just have to measure the room to make sure it will fit in the room LOOOOOOL It's like this big u-shaped desk/hutch/work center. It's really for a commercial office, but I figure if I get 3 kids that are in HS and/or start college, they're gonna need the space to work and study. Besides, they'll need someplace to go while step-mom gets online to chat with her buddies! ;) After that, I'll be done shopping for the inside of the house. When hubby gets here, we'll focus on outside. I want to put up a green house. Feeding a large family with organic fruits and vegetables is going to be very very pricy! So I was thinking to start growing our own stuff, since we have the weather for it here. What do you think?

I have the cappucino maker in my kitchen. I used it twice. I tested it with my friend. First time it was okay, but came out lukewarm (we didn't let the thing heat up I guess). Second time, we got it down pretty good. I just need to buy one of those metal pots. Right now I'm using the Arab style metal "gahwa" making pot with the long handle. it doesn't fit underneath...I have to hold it while the thing foams LOOOOOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Aruba
Timeline

Congrats to Steve

I miss my bed in the US we both it together and now he sleeps there without me OOh yeah I miss him too (Kidding)

but i do like that bed it's a sleep comfort bed we bought it with our civil wedding presents money

I can't wait to be there with him

I know right now that the apartment is a mess

We recently moved to that area and don't know if we will permanently settle there so that is why still in a 2 bedroom apartment

I told him i am sending my BFF to make him file stuff or she will do it

he said let her come she can clean the apartment for me and file!

and she will have fun shopping!

an1cCnE0f--0410MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwMDEzZGF8Q2l2aWwgTWFycmllZA.gifas1cCx0-M3-0410MDM3ODEwc3wzNzcyNHN8Q2h1cmNoIFdlZGRpbmc.gif

an1cCsA-M000410MzAwMjY1MGp8NDc0Mjk2bGF8U3RhcnRlZCBWaXNhIFByb2Nlc3M.gif

03/02 Received NVC

04/02 Case Number

05/02 DS-3032 Gen

06/02 DS-3032 email

09/02 Received DS-3032&I-864 Bill

10/02 Pay I-864

11/02 AOS bill PAID

11/02 IV Bill Gen

11/02 Pay IV

11/02 IV Bill PAID

26/02 Mail AOS&IV Package

Stuck at NVC :-(

10/3 Medical PASSED!

11/3 AVR states IV paid (1 month after it got paid)

K-3:

04/02 At NVC

05/02 Left NVC

At Embassy, DHL 9 FEB

19/02 Embassy gave me apt for K-3

31/03 Interview Date

K-3 In HAND!!!!!

04/04/09 POE: ARUBA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had a weird day too, cried in the car on the way to work, then sucked the tears right in (was really hard to do but had to) then felt feverish and walked around dazed all day.

GS I hope you are felling better --hopefully tomorrow VSC decides to dish all of us our approvals

Thanks, Serendipity! (F) By the way have you seen that movie "Serendipity". One of my favorites and so romantic :luv: . It's sort of like our love story. My husband and I separated for 14 yrs, were with different ppl and then found each other in a serendipitous moment on FB 2 yrs ago!! :wub:

I LOVE THE MOVIE..... My all time favourite :)

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline
I thought I was the only wacko

thanks for the hug. I really need something more though. I lost my court case. who would have thought if you lose your job, you don't have to pay one dime for child support.... its amazing how this effin' system works. No money to pay support but he shows up with an attorney. #######???? One day Karma is going to smack him in the effin face and he won't know what hit him. One day pay back will beat the ####### out of him and he will have no one to blame except his arrogant nasty self. And his Yetti wife will leave his butt because he'll be so pathetic.

I want to cry but that won't help. I wanna talk to my husband but he is on his way home. No cell service in the mtns.

And Friday I have another hearing . This one ought to be amusing though. Still , it is stress I could do without. No wonder Aunt Flo didn't want to visit. Too much drama for her ... hee hee

He he u made me smile :P We were in LIMBOLAND and now we have made a pit stop in WACKOLAND...Hope to see APPROVALLAND on the horizon. Seems Steve followed CandidW there alreadyyyyyy...I know they are lonely, come on everybody hop on we have some catching up to do...oh yeah and a couple of pit stops in APLAND and NVCLAND to pick up our friends Lisa, Narina, Aruba and Queuedup! :lol:

But sorry to hear about your day ..the system isn't always fair :angry: nor is this whole waiting game :unsure: All the more reason to hop on on my APPROVALRIDE so we can get to STRESSFREELAND as soon as possible...ok now maybe I am getting cornyyyyyyyyyyyy :yes:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.