64 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Most of this conversation could occur between friends, before a marriage, and not indicate anything untoward were going on, or would go on, necessarily. Also, the alien is not writing this, it is a 3rd party. She might not have had any of these thoughts or plans.

However, of the entire email, here is the only damning part, as I see it..

Not marrying him would set you back from freedom more than another year.....better to sacrifice 6 - 8 months than 12 - 14 months. I wish you were marrying me, not him, but you're not...we're stuck with him, so lets make the best of it, my love, we must do what is neccessary for the greater good....

because it indicates that at the time the email was sent she had not yet married you. She might have an uphill battle explaining how that state of mind changed and she then went ahead and married anyway....but I suppose it could be done.

This is hard to explain. I was initially going to call the FBI for immigration fraud on the man who is doing the talking and then get my now wife deported.

Yes, I did a big no-no by going into her email...but obviously in the end it was justified.

This is a cut and paste version of the email(i have left the recipients names out as to have them not be contacted only)

the man advising her is her 60+ year old ex-bf, about a month before our wedding right before her visa interview

can charges be pressed on the man for this?????????????

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF? Other than sending her packing, her AOS/work permit/travel document should be completed within the month. We married 2 1/2 months ago roughly.

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF, 17,500 A YEAR IS NOT CHUMP CHANGE

Honey,

This attorney was the most knowledgeable and experienced one I have spoken to so far. He has twenty years experience and does 3 - 5 cases per year exactly like yours would be. Here is what he told me:

1) As we believed, you must wait for the conditional Green card. Unless there is abuse, all K-1 visa holders who marry their petitioners, then divorce prior to obtaining a conditional green card, would be forced to return to their home country.

2) In Virginia, currently the green card takes approximately five months to obtain.

3) He said traveling outside the USA while waiting for the Green Card and getting Advanced Parole really does not enhance your power, he could not imagine why the other attorney said that. Your likeliness to remain in America depends ENTIRELY on proving the marriage was entered into in good faith and was a genuine marriage.

4) The BEST things you can do while married is to assemble sufficient indications of a genuine marriage, such as: taking his name, living together at the same address, comingling of assets...that is, signing leases together, buying property together, getting insurance together, taking out a joint bank account and credit cards together, having your names jointly on as many accounts and services as you normally would as a married couple in America, having friends and witnesses of your being together, and should difficulties develop between you...even going to a marriage counselor together...all these things show intent to have a normal marriage and to try to keep it going.

The attorney said that Immigration Officials are not stupid, they try hard to prevent fraudulent immigration. They even work together with NexusLexus...a company which can dig up all the pertinent records on your marriage, co-mingling of assets, etc. to prove or disprove a good-faith marriage. Occasionally, though rarely, Officials even make random visits to see if the married couple are living together like married people do.... you need to keep yourself looking something like "the devoted wife" for five or six months, till you get that CARD...then you're on your way to freedom and affluence, my honey! By next Summer you could be filing for your own Unconditional Green Card!

5) After you get the conditional Green Card, you can divorce, your husband cannot prevent you from divorcing him....you can change back to your maiden name, and it is recommended you have your own lawyer representing you in the divorce, AND your immigration attorney working with your divorce lawyer. I will explain this in detail to you....but those two attorneys can even get your estranged husband to sign a statement saying that both of you entered the marriage in good faith. All these corroborating items can and will allow you to remain in America after the early divorce.

Even if you do not remain married for more than six months, if your case shows you married in good faith, you are very likely to be able to stay. Once you divorce, YOU apply yourself for a Waiver of Conditions, or a Form 751,...the same form the both of you would file after two years being married that, if accepted, allows you to get your Non-Conditional (10 year) Green Card. In other words, if you present a believable case that the marriage was sincere, you can get your permanent (10 year) green card, even after only being married six months or so!

You CAN marry again anytime after divorcing ....or you may not .....the Attorney said it does not help you to stay in the USA by remarrying, in fact, he said, you might want to wait a bit...because remarrying (soon after getting your Conditional green card and divorcing) would look a little suspicious... almost like this is what you planned to do from the beginning...obtain a green card fraudulently...and marry the guy you really wanted....

He said you might only feel "the need" to remarry if you were denied the Non-Conditional Green Card and were being sent home after two years here. Then marrying an American here and filing for a K-3 could bring you back to America. He said the K-3 would be the way to go in such a case, as there would be very little chance that Immigration would award you a second K-1 Fiance-type visa after you did not remain married on the first K-1 visa.

6) The Affidavit of Support your petitioner files with your K-1 visa is a promise to support you for TEN YEARS!! That is, EVEN IF YOU DIVORCE HIM, he MUST provide you with at least $17,500 a year for ten years. It is a Federal Law and cannot be removed in a divorce proceeding. Your ex-husband MUST pay you that if you want it, as the government assumes no responsibility for your support for those ten years.

7) ABUSE can be physical, mental, verbal....should your husband be abusive, you need only call the police and/or have witnesses who will corroborate the abuse for your records. Such cases can allow you to get an Unconditional Green card rapidly.....if there is some proof of this.

In Summary, it is all up to you ... if you can build a record of showing you married in good faith and tried to make it work...your chances of remaining in the USA are excellent. This attorney said he always wins such cases if you follow the above advice in building proof of a good-faith marriage. And he can coach along the way. If we have more questions I can call him anytime.

I would love it if you married me, and I wish you would, but it would not necessarily help you in staying here. My love for you is quite unselfish, I care more about your future than my own wishes. I would remain loving you and being your friend and lover regardless of whether we married or not. More than anything, I am hoping you can be patient and endure your marriage long enough to get to stay here...and then get your freedom and your real life going toward wealth and happiness. You carried this jerk for a year....carry him another six to eight months and you will be free and on your way to your dreams...its called postgratification......persevere just a bit more, and be smart and careful...as there is no turning back now. Not marrying him would set you back from freedom more than another year.....better to sacrifice 6 - 8 months than 12 - 14 months. I wish you were marrying me, not him, but you're not...we're stuck with him, so lets make the best of it, my love, we must do what is neccessary for the greater good....

(######, I sound like Obama...)

xoxoxo KISS!

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was curious and read up a little on what I could find.. apparently you can't protect yourself financially if you remain married to her now - you signed the forms and are accepting the terms and consequences if you are passive at this point. It's part of the whole deal of you bringing her over on the k-1 visa...

BUT, I'm not a lawyer and I think you should find a lawyer fast for a consult and find your exact legal options before you get irretrievably mired down with someone who appears to be using you.

I know from experience this is a hard thing to hear but use your head and not your heart and protect yourself here.

When you try to rationalize how she's treating you and trying to figure out if she still or ever did love you first ask yourself 'Would I have done this to someone I love?

After all the effort and time it takes to have gotten to this point in the process with her I can't imagine what it must have been like to read that email. Best wishes and tons of strength to you now....

S.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I wanted to add, I find it quite chilling and scary that he's describing and suggesting to her how to set you up for domestic violence charges.

The author of that email apparently has the resources to get legal support for her and it sounds like he'll use them, I strongly suggest you do the same to protect yourself ASAP.

S.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is hard to explain. I was initially going to call the FBI for immigration fraud on the man who is doing the talking and then get my now wife deported.

Yes, I did a big no-no by going into her email...but obviously in the end it was justified.

This is a cut and paste version of the email(i have left the recipients names out as to have them not be contacted only)

the man advising her is her 60+ year old ex-bf, about a month before our wedding right before her visa interview

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF? Other than sending her packing, her AOS/work permit/travel document should be completed within the month. We married 2 1/2 months ago roughly.

Honey,

This attorney was the most knowledgeable and experienced one I have spoken to so far. He has twenty years experience and does 3 - 5 cases per year exactly like yours would be. Here is what he told me:

1) As we believed, you must wait for the conditional Green card. Unless there is abuse, all K-1 visa holders who marry their petitioners, then divorce prior to obtaining a conditional green card, would be forced to return to their home country.

2) In Virginia, currently the green card takes approximately five months to obtain.

3) He said traveling outside the USA while waiting for the Green Card and getting Advanced Parole really does not enhance your power, he could not imagine why the other attorney said that. Your likeliness to remain in America depends ENTIRELY on proving the marriage was entered into in good faith and was a genuine marriage.

4) The BEST things you can do while married is to assemble sufficient indications of a genuine marriage, such as: taking his name, living together at the same address, comingling of assets...that is, signing leases together, buying property together, getting insurance together, taking out a joint bank account and credit cards together, having your names jointly on as many accounts and services as you normally would as a married couple in America, having friends and witnesses of your being together, and should difficulties develop between you...even going to a marriage counselor together...all these things show intent to have a normal marriage and to try to keep it going.

The attorney said that Immigration Officials are not stupid, they try hard to prevent fraudulent immigration. They even work together with NexusLexus...a company which can dig up all the pertinent records on your marriage, co-mingling of assets, etc. to prove or disprove a good-faith marriage. Occasionally, though rarely, Officials even make random visits to see if the married couple are living together like married people do.... you need to keep yourself looking something like "the devoted wife" for five or six months, till you get that CARD...then you're on your way to freedom and affluence, my honey! By next Summer you could be filing for your own Unconditional Green Card!

5) After you get the conditional Green Card, you can divorce, your husband cannot prevent you from divorcing him....you can change back to your maiden name, and it is recommended you have your own lawyer representing you in the divorce, AND your immigration attorney working with your divorce lawyer. I will explain this in detail to you....but those two attorneys can even get your estranged husband to sign a statement saying that both of you entered the marriage in good faith. All these corroborating items can and will allow you to remain in America after the early divorce.

Even if you do not remain married for more than six months, if your case shows you married in good faith, you are very likely to be able to stay. Once you divorce, YOU apply yourself for a Waiver of Conditions, or a Form 751,...the same form the both of you would file after two years being married that, if accepted, allows you to get your Non-Conditional (10 year) Green Card. In other words, if you present a believable case that the marriage was sincere, you can get your permanent (10 year) green card, even after only being married six months or so!

You CAN marry again anytime after divorcing ....or you may not .....the Attorney said it does not help you to stay in the USA by remarrying, in fact, he said, you might want to wait a bit...because remarrying (soon after getting your Conditional green card and divorcing) would look a little suspicious... almost like this is what you planned to do from the beginning...obtain a green card fraudulently...and marry the guy you really wanted....

He said you might only feel "the need" to remarry if you were denied the Non-Conditional Green Card and were being sent home after two years here. Then marrying an American here and filing for a K-3 could bring you back to America. He said the K-3 would be the way to go in such a case, as there would be very little chance that Immigration would award you a second K-1 Fiance-type visa after you did not remain married on the first K-1 visa.

6) The Affidavit of Support your petitioner files with your K-1 visa is a promise to support you for TEN YEARS!! That is, EVEN IF YOU DIVORCE HIM, he MUST provide you with at least $17,500 a year for ten years. It is a Federal Law and cannot be removed in a divorce proceeding. Your ex-husband MUST pay you that if you want it, as the government assumes no responsibility for your support for those ten years.

7) ABUSE can be physical, mental, verbal....should your husband be abusive, you need only call the police and/or have witnesses who will corroborate the abuse for your records. Such cases can allow you to get an Unconditional Green card rapidly.....if there is some proof of this.

In Summary, it is all up to you ... if you can build a record of showing you married in good faith and tried to make it work...your chances of remaining in the USA are excellent. This attorney said he always wins such cases if you follow the above advice in building proof of a good-faith marriage. And he can coach along the way. If we have more questions I can call him anytime.

I would love it if you married me, and I wish you would, but it would not necessarily help you in staying here. My love for you is quite unselfish, I care more about your future than my own wishes. I would remain loving you and being your friend and lover regardless of whether we married or not. More than anything, I am hoping you can be patient and endure your marriage long enough to get to stay here...and then get your freedom and your real life going toward wealth and happiness. You carried this jerk for a year....carry him another six to eight months and you will be free and on your way to your dreams...its called postgratification......persevere just a bit more, and be smart and careful...as there is no turning back now. Not marrying him would set you back from freedom more than another year.....better to sacrifice 6 - 8 months than 12 - 14 months. I wish you were marrying me, not him, but you're not...we're stuck with him, so lets make the best of it, my love, we must do what is neccessary for the greater good....

xoxoxo KISS!

Sorry,

Not buying into this. The OP joins after midnight to receive "urgent advice" from VJ members. Hasn't responded to any posts. C'mon folks, can you tell when someone is pulling your leg? The OP needs to get a life, get a wife and find something else to do at 12:08 am on a Saturday morning/Friday night.

Also, do you really believe a couple engaged in immigration fraud, having attorneys obviously advising them on immigration fraud (THAT part I would believe) then lay out their entire plan of all details in one email? In an email at all? Sorry, but anyone clever enough to do this is clever enough to KNOW you do not put it in email for exactly the reason the prankster states...her "husband" could get into her email, or someone else could and NOW there is evidence. Stupid.

To the OP, I hope you eventually got some sleep and have something more entertaining for yourself today

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Man if I were you I would grow up,grow a set of balls and pull your AOS. Every day you wait the harder its going to be to stop the process. You may love her but what is one sided love? She may fake loving you back but you have the evidence right before you as to what her intentensions are and if you ignore it (a slap in the face) then what happens to you IS your fault. Here is a possibility...she gets her 2yr gc, divorces you,she gets knocked up by some random guy,files for medicare~food stamps~goverment housing and what other benifits are out there and lets jump foward a few years or so after the baby is 3 years old. All of a sudden the GOV comes back on you for all the public assistance your Ex just used...this could be 50,000 60,000 70,000 dollars or more and being the Federal Goverment they step in and garnish your wages (law states they can take up to 50% if I remember right) I don't know about you but to lose upto 50% of my wages would hurt just a little. The ball is in your court what happens from here on is on you.

04-12-08 Married

06-11-08 Mailed I-130 Package

06-18-08 NOA1

08-08-08 NOA2

10-22-08 Interview USEM

10-28-08 Visa Received

11-01-08 POE

That was fast!

Got to love the fact my wife was preggy and even with a RFE @ NVC she was still here in under 5 months!

Timeline
The FBI will not take any action on this. I have several good friends that are FBI agents and through personal immigration knowledge, can confidently assure you that this is out of their jurisdiction.

The proper reporting avenue would be the USCIS. If appropriate, you should forward all available evidence to USCIS on this case and withdraw any petitions/documents outstanding.

i just got off the phone

this is an ICE issue, I did not file a report. It is a deal ender to the marriage if I make a report...instant deportation I suspect. She wouldnt even fight it I am sure and just leave on her own.

but my main question

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF FINANCIALLY if I remain married and this bombshell is dropped on me?

LOL, I "just got off the phone" Maybe you DID just get off the phone, but at 12:18 am (after the call was suggested at 12:09am) it was not with ICE, FBI or USCIS, heck we try for days to talk to those people during normal business hours. He got off the phone with his cohort in this gag and they are laughing at all the VJers now going crazy over a potential green card fraud. Sheeeesh

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Man if I were you I would grow up,grow a set of balls and pull your AOS. Every day you wait the harder its going to be to stop the process. You may love her but what is one sided love? She may fake loving you back but you have the evidence right before you as to what her intentensions are and if you ignore it (a slap in the face) then what happens to you IS your fault. Here is a possibility...she gets her 2yr gc, divorces you,she gets knocked up by some random guy,files for medicare~food stamps~goverment housing and what other benifits are out there and lets jump foward a few years or so after the baby is 3 years old. All of a sudden the GOV comes back on you for all the public assistance your Ex just used...this could be 50,000 60,000 70,000 dollars or more and being the Federal Goverment they step in and garnish your wages (law states they can take up to 50% if I remember right) I don't know about you but to lose upto 50% of my wages would hurt just a little. The ball is in your court what happens from here on is on you.

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honey,

xoxoxo KISS!

This is disgusting, not to say the least, unethical and a conflict of interest. I hope to never practice along side this bum. If I had the power, I would recommend this bum be dis-barred.

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Assuming this is not a prank, the OP should simply withdraw his AOS application immediately by letter, sent by UPS or FedEx. The reasons why he is withdrawing are of no interest to USCIS. The sponsorship is a contract with the U.S. government to support her, but it is not binding until they grant her a green card.

How you deal with her is another matter. Suggest that she move in with the letter-writer and let him take responsibility from that point forward. Otherwise, get her on a plane to go back home. Just do it, and don't look back.

So far as I can tell, no law has yet been broken. An attorney offers advice but can't act on it. It would be hard to prove that she came here fraudulently, unless you can find e-mails that she has written to document her intentions. What country is she from?

Good luck.

Filed: Country: Czech Republic
Timeline
Assuming this is not a prank, the OP should simply withdraw his AOS application immediately by letter, sent by UPS or FedEx. The reasons why he is withdrawing are of no interest to USCIS. The sponsorship is a contract with the U.S. government to support her, but it is not binding until they grant her a green card.

How you deal with her is another matter. Suggest that she move in with the letter-writer and let him take responsibility from that point forward. Otherwise, get her on a plane to go back home. Just do it, and don't look back.

So far as I can tell, no law has yet been broken. An attorney offers advice but can't act on it. It would be hard to prove that she came here fraudulently, unless you can find e-mails that she has written to document her intentions. What country is she from?

Good luck.

I agree. I see a lot of hysteria and emotion here. Lets consider the facts of this "discovery". As yet, no "crime" has been committed. Authorities are not going to prosecute on the basis of a letter written simply delineating what may or may not have been the "advice" of a legitimate immigration attorney. I find it extremely hard to believe any practicing attorney would knowingly assist in immigration fraud and not fear disbarment. What is seen here might more likely be the advice of the letter-writer himself, gleaned from his own research. It is also quite relevant whether this was solicited or unsolicited advice. Perhaps the OP's wife had no intentions whatsoever of committing fraud, or, perhaps she had an argument with her fiance prior to coming to America to marry him and was concerned about whether the marriage would last and was inquiring into her options to remain in the USA should her spouse be abusive. A lot more information is needed to support accusations of intent to commit fraud.

And, is it clear that this email was indeed written by a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend and can it without question be traced directly to him to warrant accusations of collaboration in immigration fraud against him? If there is any doubt about the identity of the author, the OP could be looking at losing his wife, who he apparently loves very much, and a counterlawsuit by whoever he accuses of collaborating in a "crime" not yet committed.

Some sober advice: First, he needs to talk to his wife, and judge by the way she treats him if her intentions seem sincere or fraudulent. Ask her what she was thinking during the time that email was written. Is there a lot of other supporting evidence that she is or has been duplicitous with the OP? If there is, injuring her lover does not help to make her love the OP or stay with him, just as it never has throughout history. If the other man loves her too, and is undyingly committed to her, then he might be equally enchanted and victimized by her wily ways. Taking out one's frustrations out on another captivated fellow probably will serve no purpose in correcting the ethics or motives of the wife herself. Nor will it remove the OP from financial responsibility should he see the marriage through. She is who he needs to deal with.

I realize its tough when its a matter of the heart, but look at all the evidence and signs and decide if its supportive of premeditated deception and planned betrayal. My opinion, for what its worth: If your common sense tells you it is, then cease the process and send her packing. However, if you love her and you're acting impulsively without taking some time to avoid a misunderstanding of the so-called "evidence of deceit", you might be unleashing a mountain of problems and heartbreak on yourself and others. Possibly tying up your time and resources with authorities and courts going after the letter-writer does nothing to address protecting your interests and financial liabilities with your wife and USCIS, nor will it answer the question of whether or not she indeed loves you. You need to focus on HER behavior and credibility to make that decision, and you need to reduce the toll all of this is taking on your time, heart and financial resources.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Is someone making tuna salad?

Because I smell something fishy.

The best advice has already been stated several times so I'll refrain.

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow!!

This made me sick.. I hope you could get the lawyer's name and pass it to ICE, uscis or anybody who could act on it.

I hope you solve this problem soon.

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Theft by deception?

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well stated legalbeagel.

idocare

NSC, NOA1 September 26th,03

received NOA1 in mail Oct. 03,03

RFE - received in mail March 29th,04

RFE returned April 17th,04

RFE received April 21,04 at NSC online

NOA2 received April 29th,04 via online

NOA2 received May 03,04 in mail

NVC receives file May 6th,04

NVC sends file to Nigeria May 11th,04

Lagos receives our file, notified thru e-mail May 19th,04

Victor goes and picks up packet #3....May 20th,04

Sent request for earlier interview date via e-mail May 20th,04

May 27th, Lagos won't change date.

August 16th, 2004 fly to Nigeria for Victors interview

August 19th, 2004 Interview date, visa approved.

August 25th, 2004 Victor picks up passport with visa stamp.

August 26th, 2004 fly back to USA

September 18th, 2004 Victor arrives in USA, Lord willing.

October 9th, 2004, we become husband and wife

October 25th, 2004 I learn that I'm pregnant.

Feburary 25th, 2005 AOS Appointment

( went to appt. and requested a reschedule)

June 7th, 05 gave birth to a boy child.

July 5th, 05 Victor packs he suitcase and leaves for good.

July 2005 2nd AOS appointment

( went and requested a reschedule )

August 2005- I file for divorce. and withdraw immigration paperwork.

Washington State/ Nigeria

Timeline
Is someone making tuna salad?

Because I smell something fishy.

The best advice has already been stated several times so I'll refrain.

The OP, having tired of his prank has disappeared. Visa fraud happens every day and I do not take it as personal insult, mostly I really don't give a damn and demand my right to be taken advantage of by beautiful foreign women. (my wife will abridge that right as needed but it is none of the government's business)

Were I in this hypothetical situation, I would do the same I would with any US citizen woman I met at the local bar or church who did the same thing, the "same thing" being cheat, lie, and scheme to take my money and run. I would immediately withdraw all funds from joint accounts and file a divorce action. I never received any "junior G-man" plastic badge in my USCIS packets and do not intend to waste my time with legal details of immigration law. I would be done with the woman immediately, if the government wants to play with her for a few years...have at it.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.