Lewis

Recalled NOA2 people

247 posts in this topic

(And I'm sure you know this but whatever you do, don't mention any ceremonies, unofficial though they may be, to any immigration officials; this has been grounds to deny fiance visas in the past! Have a great trip.)

Thanks! I didn't know that and might have tripped up. Proves once again how valuable it is when we get together like this to share information.

And do NOT provide any pictures from your ceremony as evidence of your relationship... anything that even LOOKS like a wedding celebration will cause you great heartache....

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Just spoke with VSC. Sorry i don't have a timeline, but my case was recalled from the consulate so i am in the same boat here. She said that she received my case back on 6/6. The RFE hasn't been sent out.

I asked her "Have you sent RFE's for any of the approved cases?" She said that they have sent out RFEs on some of the recalled cases, so if that is indeed true, then its a good sign.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just spoke with VSC. Sorry i don't have a timeline, but my case was recalled from the consulate so i am in the same boat here. She said that she received my case back on 6/6. The RFE hasn't been sent out.

I asked her "Have you sent RFE's for any of the approved cases?" She said that they have sent out RFEs on some of the recalled cases, so if that is indeed true, then its a good sign.

Yaeh, that would be good.

--

This whole thing is f***ing up my life.

My fiancée just called them too and she´s crying a lot.

They said there´s nothing they can do.

Eventually they will get to our case and update it on their website.

And gently said "you have to wait".

Really, I´m starting to hate myself for feeling so useless. There´s nothing I can do.

And there´s nothing they want to do.

Timeline

Did they update your case online? Nothing changed on my case.

The information my fiancée got was wuite different from the one I got yesterday, so I think VSC is not much better than USCIS generall phone center.

Anyways, she said there´s no way to know if the application is back in Vermont. (yesterday the lady said it´s back there).

She also said there´s no way to know if someone who applied in June and get the RFE before me will be processed first.

Basically, we need to wait until they change our status online. And hope our case isn´t lost somewhere.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
---

Ok. Just talked to my fiancée and I don´t know if she´ll have a chance to call VSC before 18h.

Is there any chance that one of you petitioners, with the recalled case back in Vermont would call them and ask what is going on?

What´s the deal with no one with NOA2 getting RFE while people who just got there last week are getting theirs?

How far in the line are we?

Please.

:)

They won't answer that question specifically, but I was told the other day that once a petition is approved, the file that USCIS keeps on the case is sent to storage, and no action can be taken until the files are recalled from storage and paired with the petition again. So that's probably adding to the delay.

To be honest, I don't think that calling every day and obsessing about this is doing me any good-- all it does is to get me all worked up. They're going to move at their own speed, and until they hit the sixty day mark after the petition was sent back by the embassy, I can't see them taking any special action to find the file.

Timeline

---

Ok. Just talked to my fiancée and I don´t know if she´ll have a chance to call VSC before 18h.

Is there any chance that one of you petitioners, with the recalled case back in Vermont would call them and ask what is going on?

What´s the deal with no one with NOA2 getting RFE while people who just got there last week are getting theirs?

How far in the line are we?

Please.

:)

They won't answer that question specifically, but I was told the other day that once a petition is approved, the file that USCIS keeps on the case is sent to storage, and no action can be taken until the files are recalled from storage and paired with the petition again. So that's probably adding to the delay.

To be honest, I don't think that calling every day and obsessing about this is doing me any good-- all it does is to get me all worked up. They're going to move at their own speed, and until they hit the sixty day mark after the petition was sent back by the embassy, I can't see them taking any special action to find the file.

I´m not calling them anymore.

I feel worse after calling them today.

I just didn´t understand the sixty-days after the embassy sent back the application.

What can we do after that?

It´s been 33 days since mine was sent back from the Consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I´m not calling them anymore.

I feel worse after calling them today.

I just didn´t understand the sixty-days after the embassy sent back the application.

What can we do after that?

It´s been 33 days since mine was sent back from the Consulate.

I was told that if nothing happens for sixty days after it left the Consulate, they would consider that the file might be lost and start some new process to find it. Here's hoping we don't have to wait that long to find out. Of course, that's the worst-case scenario, as when I asked that I didn't realize that most people who had recalled petitions hadn't gotten confirmation that their petitions had been returned.

I didn't call today, and I don't feel as stressed as I did yesterday. I just check the USCIS site a couple times a day and try not to think about it too much.

Edited by elizaxyz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

(And I'm sure you know this but whatever you do, don't mention any ceremonies, unofficial though they may be, to any immigration officials; this has been grounds to deny fiance visas in the past! Have a great trip.)

Thanks! I didn't know that and might have tripped up. Proves once again how valuable it is when we get together like this to share information.

And do NOT provide any pictures from your ceremony as evidence of your relationship... anything that even LOOKS like a wedding celebration will cause you great heartache....

Is this just your opinion, or do you have solid evidence of this. They can't denie a petition because your pictures look like a wedding. They would have to prove that you are legally married. All you have to do is get a single status paper, which proves you are not married. My fiancee wore a wedding dress we bought in her country, at her parents request for the engagement ceremony. In my fiancee's country they have a traditional engagement ceremony which is damn close to wedding.

I-129F Timeline:

03-10-06 - Sent I-129F to USCIS

03-15-06 - NOA1

03-25-06 - NOA2 Approval

08-28-06 - Interview!!!

11-22-06 - Got the Visa!!!

AOS Timeline:

02-08-07 - I-485 sent

02-14-07 - NOA1 (Sent to Missouri)

03-06-07 - Biometrics Appointment

03-07-07 - Transferred to CSC

05-03-07 - Card Production Ordered Email

05-10-07 - Green Card In Hand

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03-05-09 - I-751 sent

03-09-09 - NOA1 (1 yr Extension)

04-08-09 - Biometrics

07-09-09 - Card Production Ordered Email

07-17-09 - Green Card In Hand

I-130 Filing for Step-Son

11-30-09 - Received at USCIS

12-04-09 - NOA1

03-01-10 - NOA2

03-05-10 - NVC Case # Assigned

03-09-10 - NVC Mailed DS-3032 and AOS Bill

03-12-10 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC

03-13-10 - Received Email from NVC stating they received DS-3032 (Also received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 in the mail)

03-14-10 - Paid Affidavit of Support Fee and IV Bill online

03-16-10 - NVC Website updated to PAID for both fee's

03-17-10 - Petitioner and Agent received emails to further proceed with case

08-05-10 - NVC Case Completed

10-27-10 - Interview PASSED

10-28-10 - Picked up Visa

Mike (United States) & Huong (Vietnam)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is this just your opinion, or do you have solid evidence of this. They can't denie a petition because your pictures look like a wedding. They would have to prove that you are legally married. All you have to do is get a single status paper, which proves you are not married. My fiancee wore a wedding dress we bought in her country, at her parents request for the engagement ceremony. In my fiancee's country they have a traditional engagement ceremony which is damn close to wedding.

I beg to differ. It seems they can do whatever the h*ll they want to. As for rlt hearing this time that his petition may not be there - it confirms my previous email and my worst suspitions. They may be lying, do not know, do not care, or something worse. I strongly encourage all of us to stay gathered here and continue to share information and support. There may be a time when we collectively need to take action. It may do us no good but there is more power in numbers so gathering as many of us here as possible may prove useful when it's time to make more noise.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Folks, I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist but they might actually be lying about the cases not being there. This would explain why rlt was told it was there (before the lie became policy) and then his fiance was told it wasn't there later. Why would they lie? To keep us from insisting they send out immediate RFEs particularly since I confirmed they are doing background checks on all of us.

Again, the time has not come yet to take collective action. However, if 30 or even 60 days pass without any movement it will be onother story and I think we'll have pretty strong motivation. For this reason I ask that everyone here do what they can in other forums to gather as many in our shoes here as possible. There are appx 1000 unlucky souls who are in the same unhappy state that we are. If we could just find 10% of the affected people there are some pretty amazing things we could do with politicians, the press, lawyers, etc. Individually we can just be ignored until we dissapear.

Edited by milestogo

Timeline

They told my fiance there´s no way to tell if my application is there.

They didn´t say it´s not there. But they also said that once they get, my status would be updated online.

If they have it already, why my status is the same as it was back in April?

Of course there might be a reason why no one with NOA2 got a RFE yet.

It can be because they are doing sec. checks, because they are keeping in a storage room, because it´s in a different pile that they haven´t touched yet, etc.

That´s the only pattern we have: people getting RFEs don´t have a NOA2.

Everyone else is getting it. VSC is probably trying to send as much as they can. But it has to be a reason for them no to touch our files. The easiest answer is "we don´t have it back yet. Call back in 30 days".

But we know depending on the operator we´ll get a clear answer, as I got yesterday, and other people got too.

The operator told my fiance today that they have thousands of cases to send RFE and it takes time. Maybe she´s right. Maybe that´s all. Maybe eventually, they will get to our cases.

The RFEs have to end one time. Even if they send to all NOA1 before they get to us, a new form was posted in USCIS website and won´t be accepted after July.

The question is: are we gonna wait until they process every single case and then, see if they will touch ours? Hoping it didn´t get lost somewhere?

I don´t know what to do. I just don´t see my case status changing. I don´t think that will happen.

Don´t get me wrong, but the only thing that comfort me a little bit, is knowing that everyone else with a recalled case are still waiting as I am. Not becasue I don´t wanna see you guys getting a VISA, but because the answer for our problem might be easier than we think. Maybe it´s really just a matter of days or a week.

Just need to stay positive and not fall into despair............Remember, it has only been a week since USCIS released their statement regarding the RFE. I plan to continue calling VSC about once or twice a week. If nothing else, to make sure they know I'm not going away. I also plan to continue harassing Ms. Clinton and Mr. Schumer until they respond.

Fortunately for me, I was able to arrange a trip to see my lady at the end of July which gives me something to look forward to and makes the waiting a little easier.

----------------------------------------

K-1 Visa

04/17/06- NOA1

04/25/06- NOA2

10/24/06- Interview: Approved!

AOS (Green Card)

01/26/07- NOA 1

02/15/07- Biometrics Appointment

04/18/07- Interview Approved

06/08/07- Receive Welcome Letter

06/11/07- Receive Green Card

Removal of Conditions

03/30/09- NOA 1

04/15/09- Biometrics Appointment

07/07/09- Approved (via Email)

08/03/09- Receive Green Card

Naturalization

03/11/09- Mailed N-400

03/12/09- Received in Lewisville

03/12/09- NOA 1

03/18/10- Check Cleared

04/09/10- Biometrics Appointment

04/26/10- Received Interview Notice

05/27/10- Interview: Approved!

07/10/10- Received Oath Ceremony Letter

07/23/10- Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm cdngirl06's fiancee, and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

The expectation is that the RFEs to recalled petitions will not be issued for 2-3 weeks, as they sort out a bunch of computer issues dealing with recalled petitions. They basically can't generate the RFEs, nor can they process them, the way the system is set up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
I'm cdngirl06's fiancee, and I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

The expectation is that the RFEs to recalled petitions will not be issued for 2-3 weeks, as they sort out a bunch of computer issues dealing with recalled petitions. They basically can't generate the RFEs, nor can they process them, the way the system is set up.

Do you know this to be a fact?

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Just need to stay positive and not fall into despair............Remember, it has only been a week since USCIS released their statement regarding the RFE. I plan to continue calling VSC about once or twice a week. If nothing else, to make sure they know I'm not going away. I also plan to continue harassing Ms. Clinton and Mr. Schumer until they respond.

Fortunately for me, I was able to arrange a trip to see my lady at the end of July which gives me something to look forward to and makes the waiting a little easier.

I'm with you, we already know how to handle the situation, just keep on it. We have everything at our disposal. To count on the USCIS to give a rational explanation at this time is kind of pointless. the RFES have just started rolling out, patience is the key. What helped me is not just relying on the USCIS but enquiring all involved agencies and contacting my representatives. Mere speculation will get you nowhere and creates a negative atmosphere. Just keep on it and share info!

That's cool, you have a trip too! I'm also fortunate, I have a trip planned next week to see my love, it actually was supposed to be our interview trip. We are going to try to knock out the medical and the visa fee on this one if we can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.