Lewis

Recalled NOA2 people

247 posts in this topic

And, does anyone know if the recalled petitions are sent to NVC then USCIS, or just straight to USCIS?

Recalled petitions are returned to the original USCIS service center via NVC.....just as they were originally sent to the consulate via NVC.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Madison Man, I'm in the same exact situation as yours. I e-mailed NVC a few days ago, asking if they had received my recalled petition as it had been 3 weeks since Manila sent it back, and they replied with a negative. It is frustrating not knowing exactly where the petition is...I've been very patient with the waiting aspect and will continue to be, but I'd be a lot less stressed if I knew my petition was at least sitting on a pile somewhere in the USA waiting to be processed.

Does anyone know the average time it takes for something mailed from the US Embassy in Manila to the US? And, does anyone know if the recalled petitions are sent to NVC then USCIS, or just straight to USCIS?

Thanks!

Larry

Oh, one other thing. To those who have spoken to Vermont USCIS and have been told something more up-to-date then the online service...when you go through the automated Vermont phone service, does it still give you the old "Approved on..." message? I wonder only because, when I call it gives me the old info (same as the website) and then says "This information is the most current on file. If you speak to a customer representative, they will have no further information on your case." I'm just curious if this is really true or not....if there is proof here that someone was told something different by a Vermont rep then the automated message, then I will start calling them directly and inquiring.

Thanks again!

Larry

It was only a month after NVC tolld me they had sent my case back to Vermont that they updated my status.

Before that the automated system said the same old approved thing.

But depending on the officer you talk, they will look for more info to give you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

And, does anyone know if the recalled petitions are sent to NVC then USCIS, or just straight to USCIS?

Recalled petitions are returned to the original USCIS service center via NVC.....just as they were originally sent to the consulate via NVC.

I wonder if the recalled petitions that were returned to the USCIS via NVC that are then re-approved after the new IMBRA info is submitted, will then be forwarded yet another time to NVC before they are then returned to the foreign embassy???? The original petitions are going to be worn out!

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I spoke with a nice person at USCIS who told me about the current status of the "recalled applications" to the Vermont Service Center.

The "files" were recalled along with the "Petitions" from the foreign embassy. My petition was still on its way back to square one so I could be sent my IMBRA addition (ironic considering we met in USA and IMBRA is applied to all K-1 now).

So now she tells me that once my file and petition are in the office I will get my RFE and my case along with everyone else affected will be expedited. She said the RFE's sent out due to IMBRA will be mailed in BULK from the Vermont Service Center.

How can that be true if I am hearing that other people using the Vermont Service Center have already got their RFE's?

She said my case was of course recalled like everyone else's due to IMBRA, but I am hearing that other people have already gotten their RFE.

Let me if anyone is along the lines of my timeline and has heard back from the VSC.

Thanks

TIM - North Conway, NH

ANA - Chisinau, Moldova

JULY: Met Ana when my Russian tenants had a BBQ at my house

OCTOBER: Ana's visa about to expire time to go home to Moldova

JANUARY 2006: Flew to Moldova to ask her parents permission to marry her

Engaged January 12, 2006

Left Moldova January 28th

MARCH 3: I-129F sent to Vermont Service Center

MARCH 10: NOA1 Received

APRIL 26: NOA 2 Received Approval

APRIL 28: NVC forwarded to Embassy in Romania

MAY 5: Received by US Embassy in Romania

MAY 12: Packet 3 Received

MAY 17: Packet 3 sent to US Embassy in Romania

MAY 17: Fiance notified of impending RFE due to IMBRA LAW

JUNE 30: Case Reopened at VSC

JULY 6: Received IMBRA RFE

JULY 10: Mailed RFE back to VSC

JULY 17: VSC has acknowledged receipt of IMBRA RFE

AUGUST 8: VSC Approval of NOA2!!!!! Great Day

SEPTEMBER 19: Interview in US EMBASSY Bucharest - VISA GRANTED

OCTOBER 16: Fly to Moldova

JANUARY 11: Fly home to America with Ana to get married!

JANUARY 16: Married in North Conway, NH

JANUARY 19: Filed for AOS and EAD

JULY 13: Received Green Card and Employment Authorization Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
So now she tells me that once my file and petition are in the office I will get my RFE

That's what they keep telling me, and I'm sick to death of hearing it. In two days it will have been thirty business days since my file was sent back from London. This isn't rocket science!

Timeline
That's what they keep telling me, and I'm sick to death of hearing it. In two days it will have been thirty business days since my file was sent back from London. This isn't rocket science!

Hang in there! I just got my first update today saying they have the file is back in Vermont.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I think what they're doing is ridiculous. I do not understand why it was so difficult to update form I-129F BEFORE the IBMRA law went into effect. The law wasn't approved on March 5th, didn't they have enough time to get the forms updated? We are talking about 3 questions here!!! Sigh.

I feel so bad for those of you with recalled petitions. I think it's completely outragous that they're basically "taking back" their approval.

It's like stealing candy from a kid.

And also, just because those of us who are only in the NOA1 stages are already getting the RFEs does not mean we're ahead. Who knows what's gonna happen to us. Maybe our petitions will sit idle for months until they take care of EVERYONE.

Oh well. Life aint fair. :(

AOS

01-29-07 - marriage

02-07-07 - AOS package mailed to Chicago

02-09-07 - AOS package delivered

02-13-07 - NOA1 date

02-21-07 - Biometrics letter

02-24-07 - NOA1 received

03-01-07 - Biometrics taken

03-15-07 - Transferred to The Sucky/Slow Center (TSC)... to "speed up" processing.

03-17-07 - Transferred notice e-mail

03-20-07 - Received TSC transfer letter

03-21-07 - application pending at TSC e-mail.

05-14-07 - Misinfopass appt. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

06-05-07 - I-131 e-filed

06-11-07 - AP NOA1

07-09-07 - Received weird looking letter for AP, but online status hasn't changed

Last Touch - AOS 3/24, AP 7/03

aW1hZ2UucGhwPzQ2JkkrY291bGQraGF2ZStnb3R0ZW4rYStEZWxsJjAwMDAwMCYwMDAwMDAmMTImMTAmYyYwJjcmMiYyMDA3JjcmMCY0Mzc4NDcwMDExODEyMjE5ODguJw==.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Not just that, we're also in a bad corner 'cus due to them recalling petitions, we with NOA1s in March and April, who were right behind the approved petitions were also stagnant when we should have been approved and be having our petitions arriving at the embassy by now.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

So as I mentioned in a post floating around somewhere that I spoke with VSC maybe ten days ago, and they said they have my petition back from Moscow. On that same day, I sent a email to NVC asking them my status, not knowing I was going to get a quick answer from VSC. About a week ago, NVC responded that they did not have, nor did they forward my petition to Vermont. I told them they were mistaken and to please recheck. The classic response I got today is below - good for a laugh:

Dear Sir,

Your inquiry has been received at the National Visa Center (NVC).

It is possible that the US Embassy sent the petition directly to the Vermont Service Center. Please direct any further inquiries to the Vermont Service Center.

Regards,

National Visa Center

I will contact VSC again tomorrow to light a fire. These guys are...I don't even want to say it....

Edited by Cigarovich

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Holy Carp.....some progress for the NOA2 crowd...... My case was touched today and im pretty sure im not the only one.....i got this in my email today...

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC************

Application Type: I129F , PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 27, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for

further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we

take other action.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status

results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from

USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National

Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you

received from the USCIS.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Any Thoughts??

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It´s been happening.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

There is obviously no sense or logic to this whatsoever, i going to SCREAAAAAAAM :wacko: I have no updates, touches or even so much as breezes.

My petition has been back with them since June 1st!!!!!!!! i am so pissed, and sad and frustrated, I just want my baby with me :cry:

~sorry slowly losing my mind

The journey begins...got the package together sent FedEx OV 2/22/06

Packet received in VT Center 10:53 AM Signed by G.Merrihew 2/23/06

Packet returned, check made out for the wrong amount, I feel stupid :( 3/4/06

New check made out, given to Fedex today but will go out Monday morning 3/6/06

Packet received SECOND time signed by same person at 11:00 am, please God let this be it! 3/7/06

NOA 1-------------------------3/8/06

Check cashed----------------3/9/06

Touched----------------------3/21/06

NO2 approved electronically!!!!!!!!!------3/22/06

Touched, I guess they mailed the petition out today-------3/23/06

NVC sent out approved petition!!! YAYYYYYYYY-------------3/27/06

Packet 3 received by my fiance----------------------------4/9/06

Medical appnt.------------------------------------------4/10/06

Packet 3 sent back-----------4/14/06

Interview Date Given for MAY 15------------------4/24/06 Interview cancelled 5/11/06

Case reopened by VSC---7/13/06

Touched-------------------7/14/06

Touched------------------7/15/06

RFE Update!!!!----------7/17/06

RFE Sent back---------7/22/06

RFE Update Online----7/26/06

Touched---------------7/27/06

Touched--------------7/28/06

Touched-------------7/29/06

Touched------------8/09/06

Re-APPROVED-----8/09/06

NVC sent out to the embassy---8/14/06

Interview re-scheduled for----- 9/26/06!!!!!!!

APPROVED_RECEIVED VISA IN HAND 10/03/06!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
There is obviously no sense or logic to this whatsoever, i going to SCREAAAAAAAM :wacko: I have no updates, touches or even so much as breezes.

My petition has been back with them since June 1st!!!!!!!! i am so pissed, and sad and frustrated, I just want my baby with me :cry:

Its gonna be alright. Listen, Ive been waiting for a touch forever also. Today was the one day out of a million that I didnt even bother checking to see if it was touched, and today is the day it happened. Try to think about anything other than this miserable voyage for at least a day. Maybe some of us have become so wrapped up in this that its driving us crazy. My social life has taken a 90 degree angle nose dive, not good.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Timeline

Its gonna be alright. Listen, Ive been waiting for a touch forever also. Today was the one day out of a million that I didnt even bother checking to see if it was touched, and today is the day it happened. Try to think about anything other than this miserable voyage for at least a day. Maybe some of us have become so wrapped up in this that its driving us crazy. My social life has taken a 90 degree angle nose dive, not good.

You´ll also probably get an email saying your case is reopened.

---

All recalled petitions will get an update soon.

I wonder when they´ll start sending us RFEs. It´s been 2 weeks since the public notice was released stating they were sending it IMEDIATELY.

My case was sent to VSC from NVC on May 24th and I only got an update on June 22nd.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.