Lewis

Recalled NOA2 people

247 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi All,

I am an NOA2. I can't tell who is an NOA2 in here - there seems to be all types even though this thread is for NOA2's. It would be nice to see how many of us NOA2's have been touched and had their case status updated.

"Receipt Number: EACxxxxx

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 22, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action."

Finally something.

I know.

That´s why the new thread.

Meet you there?

My status say the same thing

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hi All,

I am an NOA2. I can't tell who is an NOA2 in here - there seems to be all types even though this thread is for NOA2's. It would be nice to see how many of us NOA2's have been touched and had their case status updated.

"Receipt Number: EACxxxxx

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On June 22, 2006, we received this case back from the Department of State for further review. We will mail you a notice when our review is complete or when we take other action."

Finally something.

note: i did send an email on monday to nvcinquiry@state.gov asking a list of questions including why i haven't heard anything from NVC, DoS nor USCIS.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im an NOA2 also and I cant even get these people to tell me if they have my petition here back from the Philippines. I did get an email from the Consolete in the Philippines saying they cant process the interview until the Petition is re approved. Mine was mailed back from the Consolete on June 2nd.

There is no update online besides the date of my NOA2 Approval on April 8th.

I'm totally in the dark. :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Im an NOA2 also and I cant even get these people to tell me if they have my petition here back from the Philippines. I did get an email from the Consolete in the Philippines saying they cant process the interview until the Petition is re approved. Mine was mailed back from the Consolete on June 2nd.

There is no update online besides the date of my NOA2 Approval on April 8th.

I'm totally in the dark. :unsure:

No update for mine either since NOA2 approval on April 6th. Let's hope this week there is some action.

I have done all I can on my end to find out what's going on and I'm not too happy about the customer service of the USCIS right now. I know my petition was sent back at the end of May and beginning of June through the consulate and the NVC. Other NOA2s have gotten updates on their cases, there should be something soon hopefully. I'm just happy to go to Mexico tommorow and forget about this mess for a while.

;)

Timeline

Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I know they have the case back because someone in Vermont was kind enough to check in the computer. But I haven't gotten any updates or e-mails since NOA2, which was sent to us back in March 29. I'm starting to worry but I don't want to freak out. :(

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Yep me too. Im an NOA2, with a noa1 receipt date of 3/14/06.

Case has not been touched since 4/01/06....very depressing..

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Timeline

Since we have some racalled cases being updated, I think no one should freak out about having their petition lost.

I am freaking out and will be until my case is re APPROVED. But I think they´re working on our cases.

They are.

We should all get an update this week.

Let´s see.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Since we have some racalled cases being updated, I think no one should freak out about having their petition lost.

I am freaking out and will be until my case is re APPROVED. But I think they´re working on our cases.

They are.

We should all get an update this week.

Let´s see.

You're right, let's all keep on staying positive, weekends can be tough sometimes.

:yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

That would be great. I must admit having something to look forward to all day and all week is in the end a good thing. I come home everyday and before even eating im checking the mail and email.

I havent had a chance to visit the form for the last couple of days and still dont have much time to browse around so I may be behind a little bit, please forgive me if these questions are stale.

Any news on how the service centers are coming along with flushing out the noa1's? Has the number of NOA1 people recieving IMBRA RFE's been steady from day to day?

Also, im guessing there hasnt been any NOA2 imbra RFE's yet? Id love to know if the NVC has sent any back to the service centers yet.

Well either way, Im with you RLT, im hoping and hopefull that this week alot of progress will be made at the old haunt.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Buenos Aires, Argentina

I-129F Sent : 02-21-06

I-129F NOA1 : 03-14-06

I-129F NOA2 : 03-30-06

NVC Received : 04-06-06

Embassy to NVC: 05-31-06

Touched: 06-27-06

Case Re-opened: 06-27-06

Touched: 06-29-06

USCIS sent RFE: 06-29-06

Touched: 06-30-06

Touched: 07-03-06

IMBRA RFE recieved: 07-05-06

IMBRA RFE sent to USCIS: 08-10-06

USCIS recieved IMBRARFE 08-15-06

Touched: 08-16-06

Touched: 08-18-06

Touched: 08-23-06

Touched: 08-24-06

Touched: 08-29-06

USCIS RFE NOA in mail 09-01-06

Touched: 09-02-06

Timeline
Any news on how the service centers are coming along with flushing out the noa1's? Has the number of NOA1 people recieving IMBRA RFE's been steady from day to day?

Also, im guessing there hasnt been any NOA2 imbra RFE's yet? Id love to know if the NVC has sent any back to the service centers yet.

Well either way, Im with you RLT, im hoping and hopefull that this week alot of progress will be made at the old haunt.

People with NOA1's have been being sent RFE's but I'm not sure as to whether the number's been steady. Also, there aren't so many of VJ's in the same situation, it's hard to keep track of that.

As far as I know, people with NOA2's haven't been sent RFE's yet. Some of us have received e-mails or have had our case status updated to let us know they have the petitions back in the service centers and they've reopened the cases due to a USCIS motion. In my case, I've gotten the word my case was back at VSC over the phone.

I hope we'll see some real progress in our cases this week. Fingers crossed.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

I think part of the problem is they may be waiting for the NOA2's to arrive. Mine was sent back from the consolete in Manila on June 2nd. Who knows how fast "Diplomatic" mail is. Airmail takes 10 business days to get to the USA and I doubt they will spend $ on UPS LOL Also the Philippines are notorious for loosing mail.

They may be waiting for all NOA2's to arrive and reprocess all of them at once. Can't expect them to keep an order if they don't have all of the petitions back yet.

What really bothers me is the fact no one knows where my Petition is. And once I am through this Legal harrassment I get to wait 3 to 5 months for another interview for my Fiance in Manila.

I asked Manila if I can Expedite this time around being my Petition has been around the world a couple of times already.... The said... No chance to expedite unless Medical emergency or an extreme hardship lol. :thumbs:

Sorry ... Had to vent...

Timeline
I think part of the problem is they may be waiting for the NOA2's to arrive. Mine was sent back from the consolete in Manila on June 2nd. Who knows how fast "Diplomatic" mail is. Airmail takes 10 business days to get to the USA and I doubt they will spend $ on UPS LOL Also the Philippines are notorious for loosing mail.

They may be waiting for all NOA2's to arrive and reprocess all of them at once. Can't expect them to keep an order if they don't have all of the petitions back yet.

What really bothers me is the fact no one knows where my Petition is. And once I am through this Legal harrassment I get to wait 3 to 5 months for another interview for my Fiance in Manila.

I asked Manila if I can Expedite this time around being my Petition has been around the world a couple of times already.... The said... No chance to expedite unless Medical emergency or an extreme hardship lol. :thumbs:

Sorry ... Had to vent...

I doubt they will wait for all the petitions to be back.

They are already puting things back on track.

If they can work on some everyday, why would they wait for 1100 to do that at once?

It´s better if they start doing it so they will keep working on the recalled cases everytime they see one around...

We were supposed to be in front of everyone with only NOA1, so...

Timeline

If they can work on some everyday, why would they wait for 1100 to do that at once?

Because I don't think they really knew how they were going to handle this situation. When did they decide to use RFE'S anyway? Why did they wait so long to recall petitions?

Let's face it... we are dealing with the Blind leading the Blind :(

Timeline

Because I don't think they really knew how they were going to handle this situation. When did they decide to use RFE'S anyway? Why did they wait so long to recall petitions?

Let's face it... we are dealing with the Blind leading the Blind :(

Ok. But what makes you think they will wait for all 1100 cases to be back?

Why can´t they start doing it with the petitions they have back there already?

If they know what to do I don´t think they will stop working on it just so they can work on the 1100 at the same time.

Even if they had the 1100 back in Vermont they wouldn´t process everything on the same time..

Timeline

Madison Man, I'm in the same exact situation as yours. I e-mailed NVC a few days ago, asking if they had received my recalled petition as it had been 3 weeks since Manila sent it back, and they replied with a negative. It is frustrating not knowing exactly where the petition is...I've been very patient with the waiting aspect and will continue to be, but I'd be a lot less stressed if I knew my petition was at least sitting on a pile somewhere in the USA waiting to be processed.

Does anyone know the average time it takes for something mailed from the US Embassy in Manila to the US? And, does anyone know if the recalled petitions are sent to NVC then USCIS, or just straight to USCIS?

Thanks!

Larry

Oh, one other thing. To those who have spoken to Vermont USCIS and have been told something more up-to-date then the online service...when you go through the automated Vermont phone service, does it still give you the old "Approved on..." message? I wonder only because, when I call it gives me the old info (same as the website) and then says "This information is the most current on file. If you speak to a customer representative, they will have no further information on your case." I'm just curious if this is really true or not....if there is proof here that someone was told something different by a Vermont rep then the automated message, then I will start calling them directly and inquiring.

Thanks again!

Larry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.