Conan

Abortion Question

64 posts in this topic

Doctor would ask if she gave birth already or if she has a child. Answer only what doctor ask and dont add anything, most of the answer is simply yes or no. If doctor ask if she had abortion, its your decision to what you will do. and if she answered yes she will have an appointment for psychological evaluation, it could be on same day or different date so I suggest take the medical exam a bit earlier.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Ulcer medicine you are talking about is available over the counter in PI.

It's called Cytotec

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

I think they will not know it if you will not going to tell on the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Got one friend who had abortion before but she passed the Medical Exam at SLEC.

Good Luck :thumbs:

Do they count it against you if you had one? She should be honest and tell them about it right?

Can they tell if she had one by examining her or by medical records? It was recent that she had one. We are very worried about it.

are you the father of the aborted baby? if its recent then the Dr can tell, if they dont ask her about it then dont say anyting..

I believe the Ulcer medicine you are talking about is available over the counter in PI.

It's called Cytotec

I think you cannot buy the Cytotec over the counter anymore in PH. Cause it's already known to everyone that it can abort and goverment already banned for not selling it anymore,it's already illegal now using cytotec. That's what i've seen in TV news.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I asked somewhat the same question about a month ago. I'll summarize what I've been able to find out.

They may be able to tell if she has had an abortion/miscarriage from the exam. I'm not sure if they can always tell but they can at least some of the time. It also depends on the doctor. Some don't even check, while others are religious zealots who feel it is their duty to find and punish the wicked. They can't tell if it is a miscarriage or an abortion. However any pregnant woman in the Philippines who looses a pregnancy is supposed to report it and get a certificate of fetal death. I have trouble imagining enforcement is strict especially if the abortion is early like in your case, but that is technically the law. Abortion is illegal there. However I don't think think they are generally in the habit of prosecuting, and I don't know that you can do jail time for it or have it go on your criminal record.

Many(most?) women don't admit to their abortion in the interview. If you get caught in that lie then you're finished, but if you're a half decent liar the chances of getting caught are slim. Some women have admitted it and ultimately been denied. They get labeled as mentally unstable and are permanently blacklisted. Other women have admitted it and had no trouble. If you admit to an abortion that is a red flag and requires mandatory psychiatric screening. the doctor can't deny you. It's the psychiatrist who makes that decision. The abortion by itself SHOULD NOT be grounds for rejection. If it is fairly justifiable abortion and you are mentally healthy then you SHOULD be OK. An abortion by a well educated girl at 20something with a steady boyfriend who had an accident can just tell the truth and she should be OK. On the other hand, an Angles city hooker who has had 2 or 3 abortions by age 20 had better be one heck of a good liar, cause that's her only chance. If you're somewhere in the middle, well then who knows?

So basically it's a really thorny problem. How "respectable" is your girl? How much do you trust your random doctor and shrink to be fair and liberal like they are technically supposed to be? Do you trust your government when it tells you to trust said doctors/shrinks? Do you trust your luck that day? Is your girl a good liar? Is she cool under interrogation? There is no good completely safe answer. You could be fine or get burned either way.

Jan. 10, 2009 ..... I-129F sent to VSC.

Jan. 15, 2009 ..... check cashed

Jan. 17, 2009 ..... NOA1

May 13, 2009 ..... NOA2 no email - got the paper copy a week later

May 18, 2009 ..... NVC sent case to Manila

June 15ish ......... Schedualed interview after "not eligible to schedule yet" for the last few weeks

June 24ish ......... medical part 1

July 26ish .......... psyc eval...wait 3 days for results :-P

July 1ish ............ meidcal part 2

July 6 ................ Interview - Approved....whenever SLMEC gets around to forwarding our docs

Timeline
I asked somewhat the same question about a month ago. I'll summarize what I've been able to find out.

They may be able to tell if she has had an abortion/miscarriage from the exam. I'm not sure if they can always tell but they can at least some of the time. It also depends on the doctor. Some don't even check, while others are religious zealots who feel it is their duty to find and punish the wicked. They can't tell if it is a miscarriage or an abortion. However any pregnant woman in the Philippines who looses a pregnancy is supposed to report it and get a certificate of fetal death. I have trouble imagining enforcement is strict especially if the abortion is early like in your case, but that is technically the law. Abortion is illegal there. However I don't think think they are generally in the habit of prosecuting, and I don't know that you can do jail time for it or have it go on your criminal record.

Many(most?) women don't admit to their abortion in the interview. If you get caught in that lie then you're finished, but if you're a half decent liar the chances of getting caught are slim. Some women have admitted it and ultimately been denied. They get labeled as mentally unstable and are permanently blacklisted. Other women have admitted it and had no trouble. If you admit to an abortion that is a red flag and requires mandatory psychiatric screening. the doctor can't deny you. It's the psychiatrist who makes that decision. The abortion by itself SHOULD NOT be grounds for rejection. If it is fairly justifiable abortion and you are mentally healthy then you SHOULD be OK. An abortion by a well educated girl at 20something with a steady boyfriend who had an accident can just tell the truth and she should be OK. On the other hand, an Angles city hooker who has had 2 or 3 abortions by age 20 had better be one heck of a good liar, cause that's her only chance. If you're somewhere in the middle, well then who knows?

So basically it's a really thorny problem. How "respectable" is your girl? How much do you trust your random doctor and shrink to be fair and liberal like they are technically supposed to be? Do you trust your government when it tells you to trust said doctors/shrinks? Do you trust your luck that day? Is your girl a good liar? Is she cool under interrogation? There is no good completely safe answer. You could be fine or get burned either way.

So as long as she never admits it she is fine? She can say it was a miscarriage and never waiver on that? She wants to tell the truth but I am afraid they will never let us be together so we are worried about risking that. I am suggesting to her that she says she had a miscarriage if asked. They can never prove it was an abortion. There is no way to tell for sure is there? It sucks to lie but I don't even want to take the chance that we might not be together. This is a very hard one.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-02

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Timeline

So as long as she never admits it she is fine? She can say it was a miscarriage and never waiver on that? She wants to tell the truth but I am afraid they will never let us be together so we are worried about risking that. I am suggesting to her that she says she had a miscarriage if asked. They can never prove it was an abortion. There is no way to tell for sure is there? It sucks to lie but I don't even want to take the chance that we might not be together. This is a very hard one.

Exterminate a baby, then back it up with a lie. Good start to a meaningful relationship.

29ngqhd.jpg

Timeline

Exterminate a baby, then back it up with a lie. Good start to a meaningful relationship.

I'm just looking for a sure answer sorry.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

Cytotec works with minimal complications ( excessive bleeding) when the pregnancy is less than two months, if it is more than that and the contractions would lead to severe bleeding which may prompt the woman to go to the hospital for help then there will be medical records.

In our lifetime, we commit mistakes...no exceptions . Our decisions in life can either make or break us. Sometimes, even the hardest decision of exterminating a fetus is the "best" solution to an issue. There is always a reason why people do things and that is their choice. They will have to live with the consequences of those decisions but, life is like that.

The doctor will ask one simple question " have you ever been pregnant?" Basically the answer is yes or no. If she will answer yes, there will be follow up questions, and face the consequences of a psychological evaluation if it will lead to the discovery of the abortion, if she says no, the inquiry stops there so it is her choice. Lie or not lie, it is basically up to her.

If there is one person here who has not lied before, my hats off you.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline
Cytotec works with minimal complications ( excessive bleeding) when the pregnancy is less than two months, if it is more than that and the contractions would lead to severe bleeding which may prompt the woman to go to the hospital for help then there will be medical records.

In our lifetime, we commit mistakes...no exceptions . Our decisions in life can either make or break us. Sometimes, even the hardest decision of exterminating a fetus is the "best" solution to an issue. There is always a reason why people do things and that is their choice. They will have to live with the consequences of those decisions but, life is like that.

The doctor will ask one simple question " have you ever been pregnant?" Basically the answer is yes or no. If she will answer yes, there will be follow up questions, and face the consequences of a psychological evaluation if it will lead to the discovery of the abortion, if she says no, the inquiry stops there so it is her choice. Lie or not lie, it is basically up to her.

We know for sure that she will say yes that she has been pregnant before. I am wondering if she could just say it was a miscarriage and if there is any way they could tell the difference. I know it is horrible...but that is the way I am leaning. She is leaning towards the truth....I just need to know all options...if she tells them it was a miscarriage they can't tell the difference can they?

Thank you

Also I am esp worried that since she took Cytotec they may say she is mentally unstable. Cytotec can't still be detected in her system can it?

Edited by Conan

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F Sent :

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 :

NVC Received :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats :

If she is leaning towards telling the truth then the truth is, she took cytotec therefore it was an intentional abortion, which is a way different from a miscarriage. If she will say it was a miscarriage it would still be not the truth.

If she really wants to tell the truth, then miscarriage is not the answer because it is not the truth.Tell the truth, that it was an intentional abortion and be ready for a psychological evaluation.

Goodluck.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

in my opinion just tell the truth and face whatever consequences...she had abortion before and maybe this is her karma..so why lie and commit another sin right? you just need to obey whats God's will...and just keep on praying..nothing is impossible to God.

God bless you and if you will just keep on believing that everything will be ok...then it will really be ok.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

If she wants to be "really" honest about it... my advice is to answer only what is being asked by the Panel Physician with "YES or NO" and only elaborate if asked to do so.

Have you ever been pregnant before? --- if "YES" ---> How many kids? Any abortion/miscarriage? If she answer "YES", then she will be referred for a Psych evaluation. For the Psych evaluation, they have to determine that she is stable mentally and will not be a "threat" to herself or to anyone else in the near future. If they will think that this behavior (not just abortion but any harmful behavior) will probably recur in the near future, then they could either recommend if the applicant will need to be institutionalize, will be needing further psych eval when she gets here in the US, or if she will be a possible "liability", then a possible "denial".

It is her choice to reveal that she had abortion before. Panel Physician will not be able to determine if she had abortion, they can however determine if an individual had been pregnant. Cytotec does not stay in the system that long for them to see, and this will be irrelevant for them to pursue examining. It is not the drug that they will be after but the "harmful behavior" of the applicant that will be needing further pysch evaluation.

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Timeline

Good point. That's a shaky basis for a relationship. I've always thought a shared self-righteous and intolerance are a much firmer foundation for a relationship and life in general.

Jan. 10, 2009 ..... I-129F sent to VSC.

Jan. 15, 2009 ..... check cashed

Jan. 17, 2009 ..... NOA1

May 13, 2009 ..... NOA2 no email - got the paper copy a week later

May 18, 2009 ..... NVC sent case to Manila

June 15ish ......... Schedualed interview after "not eligible to schedule yet" for the last few weeks

June 24ish ......... medical part 1

July 26ish .......... psyc eval...wait 3 days for results :-P

July 1ish ............ meidcal part 2

July 6 ................ Interview - Approved....whenever SLMEC gets around to forwarding our docs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.