Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
As Monte Python said, 'run away' :unsure:

My sentiments exactly,he should just cut his losses and RUN :thumbs:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Please I do not want any one to jugde me for no reason... All I am asking for is a piece of advice on what to do right now...I created this new account to remain anonymous.

Ok my wife is crazy, yes she is crazy, we met online back in 2004 everything was going good we were both loving it all that in a nut shell we decided to get married, when I gat over here I found out a lot of things that she didn't tell me. Ok first of all she didn't tell me she has a mental disorder called Schizoprenia not until I experience one of her episodes and that was like 10days after I gat over here, I didn't like what I saw. I confronted her about it and she told me she didn't tell me because if she had told me I might not have married her...

Now we have been leaving together now for 2years and its been one problem to another, everything that we do is what she tells her mum is like I am married to her mum cus her mum makes the decison for her, when I say everything I mean everything she even tells her mum if we made love with or without a condom.....Also I'd like to ask y'all if you are married is it true that you can't make friends with the opposit sex ??? Because thats what her parents says, that I shouldn't hang around with single men, we are both young under 25...............Her family sees me as a bad guy which I am not, they have a problem with the way I dress who I talk to and who I don't talk to and also wants me to take her everywhere I go like if I had to run to store I have to ask her would you like to come I agree take her places but everywhere ???or if a friend says come hang out with me I must take her along....You can imagine she doesn't have friends, don't have a liecense, she always in the house, now this is not my fault that she doesn't have friends or liecense but for some reasons she thinks its my fault

The point I am trying to make her is that there is no trust between us two, she and her mum always thinks I am cheating on her and its not like she has ever caught talking to some girl. OK there is guy she said she's "working" for and all that and the calls her like every 2hrs even up to 1AM in the morning and she will be on the phone with him, I never questioned her or anything because I do trust her, but why is it so hard for her to trust me.....I have to talk to her like I am talking to a 6yrs old girl .This is not the first time this is happening.... She always says I don't talk to her and I spend more time with my friend than I do her which is a fat lie, whenver I say something to her she doesn't give me a good advice and this is because of her disorder like if I need to talk to my wife about anything I can't because it's like talking to a brick wall and whatever I say don't say this to anybody this is between you and I and I want it to remain a secret, the first things she does is call her mum and tell her mum what I say DO NOT TELL ANYONE, she does something bad in a minutes and the next minutes she turns around and I say I don't remember saying or doing that .. I am honestly tired of this married, this isn't what I signed up for, the mistake we both made was when she came to visit me back in Africa she only stayed for 8days that didn't give me time to know her very well in person and what she does and stuffs.... I really don't know what to do at this point and everything I say complain about something she's doing or not doing her mum will say because I have my green card now that's why I am saying that and honestly its not...... Not only I am not happy with marriage my life is in danger too because her sister threatened me that she will get someone to iron me out...its obvious I am living among people that don't like me and before things gets outta hand or anyone gets hurts I want to be out of here, I am so far away from home and I have a family that loves me so dearly..... There are lots of things I'd like to put down here, I am not myself right now

If you were in my shoes what would you do... I am only 24yrs old

If you miss your family in South Africa so much and it is not working out here and is unsafe...then leave.

I would say "go home!"

you and a lot of you guys think USA is haven.

Think again....the grass is not greener on the other side? You painted green !!

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Please I do not want any one to jugde me for no reason... All I am asking for is a piece of advice on what to do right now...I created this new account to remain anonymous.

Ok my wife is crazy, yes she is crazy, we met online back in 2004 everything was going good we were both loving it all that in a nut shell we decided to get married, when I gat over here I found out a lot of things that she didn't tell me. Ok first of all she didn't tell me she has a mental disorder called Schizoprenia not until I experience one of her episodes and that was like 10days after I gat over here, I didn't like what I saw. I confronted her about it and she told me she didn't tell me because if she had told me I might not have married her...

Now we have been leaving together now for 2years and its been one problem to another, everything that we do is what she tells her mum is like I am married to her mum cus her mum makes the decison for her, when I say everything I mean everything she even tells her mum if we made love with or without a condom.....Also I'd like to ask y'all if you are married is it true that you can't make friends with the opposit sex ??? Because thats what her parents says, that I shouldn't hang around with single men, we are both young under 25...............Her family sees me as a bad guy which I am not, they have a problem with the way I dress who I talk to and who I don't talk to and also wants me to take her everywhere I go like if I had to run to store I have to ask her would you like to come I agree take her places but everywhere ???or if a friend says come hang out with me I must take her along....You can imagine she doesn't have friends, don't have a liecense, she always in the house, now this is not my fault that she doesn't have friends or liecense but for some reasons she thinks its my fault

The point I am trying to make her is that there is no trust between us two, she and her mum always thinks I am cheating on her and its not like she has ever caught talking to some girl. OK there is guy she said she's "working" for and all that and the calls her like every 2hrs even up to 1AM in the morning and she will be on the phone with him, I never questioned her or anything because I do trust her, but why is it so hard for her to trust me.....I have to talk to her like I am talking to a 6yrs old girl .This is not the first time this is happening.... She always says I don't talk to her and I spend more time with my friend than I do her which is a fat lie, whenver I say something to her she doesn't give me a good advice and this is because of her disorder like if I need to talk to my wife about anything I can't because it's like talking to a brick wall and whatever I say don't say this to anybody this is between you and I and I want it to remain a secret, the first things she does is call her mum and tell her mum what I say DO NOT TELL ANYONE, she does something bad in a minutes and the next minutes she turns around and I say I don't remember saying or doing that .. I am honestly tired of this married, this isn't what I signed up for, the mistake we both made was when she came to visit me back in Africa she only stayed for 8days that didn't give me time to know her very well in person and what she does and stuffs.... I really don't know what to do at this point and everything I say complain about something she's doing or not doing her mum will say because I have my green card now that's why I am saying that and honestly its not...... Not only I am not happy with marriage my life is in danger too because her sister threatened me that she will get someone to iron me out...its obvious I am living among people that don't like me and before things gets outta hand or anyone gets hurts I want to be out of here, I am so far away from home and I have a family that loves me so dearly..... There are lots of things I'd like to put down here, I am not myself right now

If you were in my shoes what would you do... I am only 24yrs old

looks like every time a marriage does not work out between the man who come to marry our so great ,loving women in the USA they call us grazy. R we all nuts????? We have to be cause we give them the green card to begin with and go though all the pain and waiting for years . That should be a good sign we r nuts . Therefore u should not marry us cause the writing is written on the wall.

U get what u deserve !!!!!!

Ironically spouses are not psychos or mentally ill till the greencards are received!

well stated..the signs are always there...think with your head next time..and not with your genitals...no charge..dr. dean

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

"I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

Question to everyone who would say "Just run"....

Would you/Did you say these words to your SO?

Does a promise mean anything anymore?

IF you can't understand what real commitment is then why get married?

In this culture it seams like it's perfectly fine to be "shacked up" heck you can even be "S friends" 0.o

They give green cards for MARRIAGE if you did it just so you could "be together" you have (in spirit) broken the the law and your "marriage" is a sham.

I'm truly sorry if some people are not happy in their marriage.

But IMHO just because things are "not like i thought they would be" It doesn't give you a free pass to run away from your commitment.

BTW.. It would be nice to get some backup before the emo flamers hit me :help:

Edited by jeremydtr

Service Center : California Service Center........Consulate : Tokyo

Igor's list #956 as of 2-28-09

Igor's list #849 as of 3-2-09 :)

Nov-21-2007: First met online

Aug-11-2008: Yuki's First trip to USA (two weeks)

Sep-18-2008: Yuki's Second trip to USA (three months)

Dec-18-2008: Our lawyer Sent out I-129F

Jan-6-2009: NOA1

Mar-18-2009 NOA2!!!!!!!!

yukiandjeremy2.jpg

"I, (Bride/Groom), take you (Groom/Bride), to be my (wife/husband), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

In this culture it seams like it's perfectly fine to be "shacked up" heck you can even be "S friends" 0.o

They give green cards for MARRIAGE if you did it just so you could "be together" you have (in spirit) broken the the law and your "marriage" is a sham.

But IMHO just because things are "not like i thought they would be" It doesn't give you a free pass to run away from your commitment.

As I said earlier :D Marriage is a commitment -- unless there's abuse going on, whether emotional or physical or otherwise from either side, you stand by that person. For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, as Jeremydtr said.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Also I'd like to ask y'all if you are married is it true that you can't make friends with the opposit sex ??? Because thats what her parents says, that I shouldn't hang around with single men, we are both young under 25

that's pretty confusing. I assumed you were a man. Are you a woman married to another woman? If you're a man then another man is not a member of the opposite sex. They are of the same sex as you. Maybe this is the core issue here?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Also I'd like to ask y'all if you are married is it true that you can't make friends with the opposit sex ??? Because thats what her parents says, that I shouldn't hang around with single men, we are both young under 25

that's pretty confusing. I assumed you were a man. Are you a woman married to another woman? If you're a man then another man is not a member of the opposite sex. They are of the same sex as you. Maybe this is the core issue here?

:rofl:

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

]

Agreed

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

schizophrenia is a very chronic condition and is very hard to deal with. they are both young and he especially needs to be patient with her. i have to say it was unfair of her not to tell you from the beginning

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow she is really crazier than an african guymbo. If you scared then Id be running!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I agree with counselor My wise brother DEAN. also his basic premise that we all are crazy, its just how we deal with it is the true issue!! WA SALAAMS

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Why is it confusing? He's a man whose wife doesn't want him hanging out with women or single men... There are lots of controlling women that think if their husband hangs out with single guys, he's gonna party hard or go look for girls with his single friends. The only core issue is that he's a man and everyone wants to attack him for not upholding his part of the marriage vows. If it were the other way around, everyone would tell the woman not to stand such "abuse" and "control" from a man and to leave him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.