SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi Covergyal!!

My husband still lives in Jamaica but we would both like to reside there probably in the next 10-15 years. The reason for us waiting that long is because we would like to continue saving money so that we can live comfortably.

Welcome to VJ! You're in the best place ever :dance:

Marie; I agree --

covergirl; I've moved back to Jamaica several times after living in the states for many years, I guess I just got use to a way of life in the states and everything within reach and accessible. When I moved back home it took me several months to get use to things again, driving was the biggest challenge as well as day to day routine. Each time I moved home I already had a job in place, so that made it easy, but I had a rough commute 32 miles one way. I would drive from Trelawny to Mobay daily. I tried living in Kingston, but that was not the life for me since I'm a country girl...

I thank God everyday that my father decided to build a house back in the 80s. My plan is to move back when I'm 60 and take it from there God's will. My father is about to move back after living in the states for 35 plus years. He made sure he set things in place so he wont have any fianances to worry about.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

is VJ acting up or is it just my computer? :unsure:

Nvm its smooth again lol

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

is VJ acting up or is it just my computer? :unsure:

Nvm its smooth again lol

Mine was acting up too

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: Timeline

covergirl;

One more thing, I think you said you spent 2 months in Jamaica, I say to try and see if you can spend 6 months and really, really get into a day to day routine. I was born and raise there and each time I returned I had to get use to the day to day things all over again. Sometimes I got fustrated, but I guess I was use to hot showers, I could walk to an ATM or jump into my car and be at the grocery story in 5 mins, doctors, pharmacy things were just right around the corner here in the states. When I moved back home, I didn't have it like that and I had to get use to it.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
covergirl;

One more thing, I think you said you spent 2 months in Jamaica, I say to try and see if you can spend 6 months and really, really get into a day to day routine. I was born and raise there and each time I returned I had to get use to the day to day things all over again. Sometimes I got fustrated, but I guess I was use to hot showers, I could walk to an ATM or jump into my car and be at the grocery story in 5 mins, doctors, pharmacy things were just right around the corner here in the states. When I moved back home, I didn't have it like that and I had to get use to it.

thanks trelawny. these are the things that i am trying to be realistic about. these are the things that i am really trying to ask myself whether i can deal with or not. at the end of the day i want to feel like i/we have made the best decision for us and be where we truly want to feel comfortable/happy. we would have enough money to build a house there and be ok for a few years but we would have to work there eventually.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
When ya'll see Marlita will you send her here please: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2707398

If anyone else has something to input please do! :thumbs:

Princess, Wakey (Awakening 1) had great book suggestions as well.

Welcome Covergyal.

Timeline
O gosh forget it I'm scared! I have asthma, had a c-section but want a vaginal birth and I need constant medication for any kind of pain. Yea it was a nice thought but it sounds like too much of not knowing until its too late. I don't know maybe I'll talk to his family this weekend and see what they think. Thanks for the great advice, Lawny.

Have you spoken to your doc about having a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). This is nit really adviced,

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

About how much is the cost of building like a 3/2 in JA? I'm not sure if we're gonna build if it may be cheaper to buy

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

O gosh forget it I'm scared! I have asthma, had a c-section but want a vaginal birth and I need constant medication for any kind of pain. Yea it was a nice thought but it sounds like too much of not knowing until its too late. I don't know maybe I'll talk to his family this weekend and see what they think. Thanks for the great advice, Lawny.

Have you spoken to your doc about having a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). This is nit really adviced,

Yes, they told me their concerns. I didn't have a c-section because of neccesity it was my choice simply because I was lazy. And not to compare myself to others because everyones body is diff but I know quite a few people who have had a Vbac and it went fine. My daycare lady has 7 kids and shes had 3 c-sections and 4 vbac. Its still really early for me so we will see what is the most healthiest option for me. Believe me if it puts me or my baby in danger I will help them cut me open! Sorry to be graphic.... :yes:

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline
When ya'll see Marlita will you send her here please: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2707398

If anyone else has something to input please do! :thumbs:

Princess, Wakey (Awakening 1) had great book suggestions as well.

Thanks Shemmy, maybe she will post them in the thread cause I can't sift through 13 yardie threads to find em :blink::no:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
About how much is the cost of building like a 3/2 in JA? I'm not sure if we're gonna build if it may be cheaper to buy

Evening All :)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Timeline
Wakey---I think you can use a leave-in conditioner, and then wash once a week...

Lawny---do you know someone in MB? I was looking on this site called Homeaway.com and found this great condo for rent! She's been really good to negotiate with so far, and she's had great reviews about the condo and the whole experience!

Mrs. P

i rented a house from homeaway.com last week while in Ochi. i had some problems but the price was good - and the owner is working thru the problems and sending me a refund.

homeaway

Picture017.jpgPicture028.jpgPicture014.jpg

Picture013.jpgPicture010.jpgPicture011.jpg

Picture041.jpgPicture040.jpgCopyofPicture007.jpg

Ryon,

What's a good price. That place is expensive... lol I'm looking for a place to stay in July. So far I've found The Whyfield. It looks nice but I'll have to get Ray's brother to go look at it. It's next to RIU also. http://www.villasinjamaica.com/MammeeBay/w...d/default.shtml

I saw that place when I was there. it looks nice. I paid $110 per night. I requested a $200 refund because it did not have certain items listed in the ad. remember every price or quote is negotiable!

Wow!! That's a good price for a whole house!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello Everyone....

i was surprised how cool it was there the other day for a minute i almost thought i was at home, in the early part of summer here, its still cool.

I am definitely looking forward to my return trip, i hope my sons have a good time and dont get on my nerves, whining...(its too hot, why we gotta walk, im hungry, whats in a patty, blah blah blah) i think the 16 year old will be chill but the 10 year old im already mentally preppin myself. We are hoping to get D's kids since they will be on holiday and out of school for easter and bring them to the villa, so they can interact with my boys, im hoping we can all play in the pool and have a good time.

JaHoney, Did the guy I recommend work out for April?

I was thinking the same. It can create serious complications...espeically if you have a lot of scar tissue. I have never heard of a doctor doing a c-section when not medically necessary. WOW. Have you also considered that your health insurance may not cover childbirth in Jamaica?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Hey:

Congrats Philly!!!

Over time I have heard ppl say they stay in JA for like 6wks at a time. But when I go they only give me 30 days when immigration stamps my passport. Question: How do you get them to give you a longer stay? I have been reading on travel.state.gov website and it said something like you can get entry into a country for up to 6mos but its up to the discretion (sp?) of the customs officer. So is there a way you can request a longer visit when you arrive or do you have to give them some long story about why you need to stay more than 30days? Any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Whoah yall been busy today had to catchup about 12 pages deep LOL I'm rolling at all of the rice cooking experiences. It definitely is a craft, I'm with Island I love using the rice steamer it comes out perfect, but I will do it the old fashioned way if I have too 2 cups rice 4 cups water.

Shanette, I always recv a 6 mos stamp no matter what my ticket says, maybe its because I have been traveling home since a child but they definitely study the PC screen before they stamp the passport....

Sus

I'm almost packed why do I have 2 big suitcases :bonk: for 5 days?? go figure one of them has a 20 lb bag of rice in it :rofl:

Welcome back Honey LOL @ you and the hill!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.