SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hOney do u feel ur still getting steers?

sus get the picture!

ohhh.. thanks dillon.. i forgot about all the steers that people be getting in JA..

i was like WHA?? LOL

mi no get it

should be STARES......lol

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey:

Congrats Philly!!!

Over time I have heard ppl say they stay in JA for like 6wks at a time. But when I go they only give me 30 days when immigration stamps my passport. Question: How do you get them to give you a longer stay? I have been reading on travel.state.gov website and it said something like you can get entry into a country for up to 6mos but its up to the discretion (sp?) of the customs officer. So is there a way you can request a longer visit when you arrive or do you have to give them some long story about why you need to stay more than 30days? Any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shanette,

I'm not sure if you're Jamaican, but if you are, you can get a residency stamp in your US passport, that allows me to stay in Jamaica for as long as I want. Before I received the stamps, I would get anywhere from 30days to 180days stamped in my passport...eventhough my stay is anywhere from 4 days to a month.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Speaking of being a resident of JA....does anyone have (or know of anyone that has) dual citizenship?

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Speaking of being a resident of JA....does anyone have (or know of anyone that has) dual citizenship?

I do, I guess. I have a Jamaican passport. Marie, you can get the stamp in your US passport as well. All you need is your birth certificate. I took mine to the passport office in Mobay and went to see a JP and he looked at the birthcertificate asked me where I was born in Jamaica and some general questions and he stamped it. I didn't pay a thing. Since I received the stamp they don't search me in customs anymore...all I hear them say is returning resident...welcome home

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Lawny no I'm not Jamaican.......sometimes I wish I was. :idea: Maybe i should get dual citizenship one day.......hmm we will see. I thought about it for my daughter and the bambino that I'm carry will have dual citizenship......hopefully. How do you go about getting it?

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Lawny no I'm not Jamaican.......sometimes I wish I was. :idea: Maybe i should get dual citizenship one day.......hmm we will see. I thought about it for my daughter and the bambino that I'm carry will have dual citizenship......hopefully. How do you go about getting it?

Don't quote me on this since it's been a while since we did this. My brother and sister was born here in the states. In order for my siblings to get the residency stamps since they're born in the states, both parents were Jamaicans we had to go to Kingston with my parents birthcertificates and their birthcertificates and we had to get a JP from our area to sign some affidavit. That was a few years ago.

Sorry, the rum and tea is taking a hold of me again, so forgive my typos I went back to edit.

Edited by TRELAWNY PARISH

tep aff a mi name

Okay I know I'm asking alot of questions but I'm having a lot of random thoughts, what are some good hospitals in Jamaica. I don't like the Mandeville Regional Hospital there because when my SO's sister went into labor she had to wait for a freakin room! WTH! I know that may be the norm for some areas but I couldn't imagine waiting for anything when your in pain.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

there is no place like yard.

wha gwaan yardies? i have been lurking here for a long time and finally decided to post to ask your thoughts.

here is my deal: i am an american married to a jamaican for 7 years living right outside chicago. As we look towards our future, we are seriously thinking about moving to jamaica. i have been going to jamaica for the past 15 years and have always felt like i belong there. there are so many things that i admire about the jamaican culture and way of life. the only real thing that has kept me her ein the states is my daughter who is now getting ready to go college next year. my husband and i own a piece of property in jamaica. i just returned home after spending 2 months in jamaica researching the cost of building a house on that property.

is there anyone on here that has moved/live in jamaica? anyone planning on moving? for all the jamaican women on here - what is that really keeps you here in the states?

any and all responses welcome!

likkle more

Timeline

Thanks Lawny! Next time I go I'm gonna get the stamp.

Shanette....I was born in that hospital :star:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

there is no place like yard.

wha gwaan yardies? i have been lurking here for a long time and finally decided to post to ask your thoughts.

here is my deal: i am an american married to a jamaican for 7 years living right outside chicago. As we look towards our future, we are seriously thinking about moving to jamaica. i have been going to jamaica for the past 15 years and have always felt like i belong there. there are so many things that i admire about the jamaican culture and way of life. the only real thing that has kept me her ein the states is my daughter who is now getting ready to go college next year. my husband and i own a piece of property in jamaica. i just returned home after spending 2 months in jamaica researching the cost of building a house on that property.

is there anyone on here that has moved/live in jamaica? anyone planning on moving? for all the jamaican women on here - what is that really keeps you here in the states?

any and all responses welcome!

likkle more

Ha! There ain't nothing keeping me here. But lack of money!! LOl! I freakin begged my SO to just stay there and I would pack it up and head to the airport. I still was asking him like a week before he got here. But thats just not tangible financially for us. But yeah I say if you got the funds then make that move. I surely am just as soon as my lotto numbers come out :dance:

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Hi Covergyal!!

My husband still lives in Jamaica but we would both like to reside there probably in the next 10-15 years. The reason for us waiting that long is because we would like to continue saving money so that we can live comfortably.

Welcome to VJ! You're in the best place ever :dance:

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

Okay I know I'm asking alot of questions but I'm having a lot of random thoughts, what are some good hospitals in Jamaica. I don't like the Mandeville Regional Hospital there because when my SO's sister went into labor she had to wait for a freakin room! WTH! I know that may be the norm for some areas but I couldn't imagine waiting for anything when your in pain.

Nette;

Girl, girl, girl, please reconsider. If I could get you to talk to some of my female family members I would. I have two friends that did what you're considering doing and the regret it to this day, but their husbands lived in Jamaica and they wanted them to be there for the birth of their child. I'll stop there and let you make your mind up. I'm not saying all the hospitals are the same, I'm speaking from my experience and it wasn't pleasant. I wasn't in labor, but I was damn near dead and if it wasn't for my grandmother's intervention I would not be here today. I was transported to Miami for treatment. Complications from an asthma attack (first incident); second sickness I had dengue fever, also transported to Miami for treatment...take your time and make up your mind. Ask your SO to check with his female relatives and see what they say.

tep aff a mi name

Ha! Was you boo no offense I just can't take too much pain and having the slightest possible chance of waiting is not for me. Plus my SO is a complete starer and loves to stare at me when I'm frustrated (eerks the heck of out of me :bonk: ) So having to deal with his random stares and trying to keep my sanity as I bring a child into the world scares me to death!

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

Ha! Was you boo no offense I just can't take too much pain and having the slightest possible chance of waiting is not for me. Plus my SO is a complete starer and loves to stare at me when I'm frustrated (eerks the heck of out of me :bonk: ) So having to deal with his random stares and trying to keep my sanity as I bring a child into the world scares me to death!

None taken girl. :thumbs: I'd rather give birth in the states. I have a feeling I'll need as much medication and comfort as possible

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

NVC Timeline

O gosh forget it I'm scared! I have asthma, had a c-section but want a vaginal birth and I need constant medication for any kind of pain. Yea it was a nice thought but it sounds like too much of not knowing until its too late. I don't know maybe I'll talk to his family this weekend and see what they think. Thanks for the great advice, Lawny.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.