SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
yup..and when most of the water dries out..turn the fire down realllll lowww...and let it steam

And that's where the problem starts - cuz it sticks and turns into elmer's glue....

Which is why I buy the bags! :rofl:

LMAO..too much water

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
another thing, when i used to go to JA, i used to get hit on from start to finish now i be lucky if i get a side look when i go visit, im like dyam.. :( LOL

I wonder if it's possible to 'look' married! LOL! I must look married here in the U.S. cause I NEVER get hit on here! :lol:

Okay, ya'll got to explain this bag rice to me, cause I've never noticed it in the stores...rice is so easy to cook once you get the hang of it...lawd I've been cooking rice since I was 8 years old.

I don't know if I've ever noticed bag rice either. Rice is the one thing that I've never really messed up bad. Once in a rare occasion I'll leave it on a little long and the rice will stick together at the bottom but have never burned it or anything. I'm good at cooking rice cause I like making a lot of Asian and African dishes. :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: Everyone this is a wonderful day I just got my interview scheduled for April 9th. :dance: :dance: :dance: To all that haven't gotten their interviews call now they are scheduling earlier in the month it seems. :thumbs:

I am here at work and I screamed and I am still shaking! My husband is elated I can't wait to see him Friday!

:dance: CONGRATULATIONS PHILLY!!!! HE'LL BE HERE IN NO TIME :dance:

Hey Ladies!! It's HUMP DAY!!

Well... hubby is still in Jamaica. Was just on the phone w/ him. I am going to send him a phone so that he'll have communication with his ride. So this gives me an idea of when he'll be getting here... towards the end of the month.

Anyway, question: Has anyones SO gotten an international drivers permit before they got here?? One of my homies suggested that my hubby do this. Any thoughts??

Does he have a Jamaican license. I thought the international permits were only good for 1 year.

Yeah, it is only good for one year and he does have a license. I guess that is really all he needs over here too until he gets his TX DL.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, ya'll got to explain this bag rice to me, cause I've never noticed it in the stores...rice is so easy to cook once you get the hang of it[/b]...lawd I've been cooking rice since I was 8 years old.

Yeah...right.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
yup..and when most of the water dries out..turn the fire down realllll lowww...and let it steam

And that's where the problem starts - cuz it sticks and turns into elmer's glue....

Which is why I buy the bags! :rofl:

LMAO..too much water

That's what A told me too....but also never told me mix equal parts!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Hey:

Congrats Philly!!!

Over time I have heard ppl say they stay in JA for like 6wks at a time. But when I go they only give me 30 days when immigration stamps my passport. Question: How do you get them to give you a longer stay? I have been reading on travel.state.gov website and it said something like you can get entry into a country for up to 6mos but its up to the discretion (sp?) of the customs officer. So is there a way you can request a longer visit when you arrive or do you have to give them some long story about why you need to stay more than 30days? Any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

just my two cents far as the rice issue is concerned:

i have used bag rice before but switched to Jasmine, whatever amount of water it calls for like 1 3/4 cups or something, i usually will do 1 cup chicken broth, 3/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk and a smidge of water and cook for exactly 15 minutes, and it comes out perfect every time and always very flavorful and fluffy, my kids love it!!

congrats philly!!

Hey:

Congrats Philly!!!

Over time I have heard ppl say they stay in JA for like 6wks at a time. But when I go they only give me 30 days when immigration stamps my passport. Question: How do you get them to give you a longer stay? I have been reading on travel.state.gov website and it said something like you can get entry into a country for up to 6mos but its up to the discretion (sp?) of the customs officer. So is there a way you can request a longer visit when you arrive or do you have to give them some long story about why you need to stay more than 30days? Any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If your plane ticket is for 6 weeks, then they will stamp your passport for that time period.

Hey:

Congrats Philly!!!

If your plane ticket is for 6 weeks, then they will stamp your passport for that time period.

Thanks.

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline
Wakey---I think you can use a leave-in conditioner, and then wash once a week...

Lawny---do you know someone in MB? I was looking on this site called Homeaway.com and found this great condo for rent! She's been really good to negotiate with so far, and she's had great reviews about the condo and the whole experience!

Mrs. P

i rented a house from homeaway.com last week while in Ochi. i had some problems but the price was good - and the owner is working thru the problems and sending me a refund.

homeaway

Picture017.jpgPicture028.jpgPicture014.jpg

Picture013.jpgPicture010.jpgPicture011.jpg

Picture041.jpgPicture040.jpgCopyofPicture007.jpg

Ryon,

What's a good price. That place is expensive... lol I'm looking for a place to stay in July. So far I've found The Whyfield. It looks nice but I'll have to get Ray's brother to go look at it. It's next to RIU also. http://www.villasinjamaica.com/MammeeBay/w...d/default.shtml

I saw that place when I was there. it looks nice. I paid $110 per night. I requested a $200 refund because it did not have certain items listed in the ad. remember every price or quote is negotiable!

love.jpg

Timeline
Hey Ryon, I know I been kind of geting over the JA Blues I guess, I dont know how to put pics on here. I am fine though thanks for asking just miss my boo :crying::crying:

i understand, i hate that week after a trip to JA. :(

love.jpg

Timeline
:dance::dance::dance: Everyone this is a wonderful day I just got my interview scheduled for April 9th. :dance::dance::dance: To all that haven't gotten their interviews call now they are scheduling earlier in the month it seems. :thumbs:

I am here at work and I screamed and I am still shaking! My husband is elated I can't wait to see him Friday!

YEAH philly - welcome back honey :dance:

love.jpg

Timeline

Hey everyone!

I've never made bag rice before...keep practicing making rice with the pot and like Kimmy said equal parts :thumbs:

Shanette..everytime I go they always give me 2 wks longer than what my plane ticket says. But when I went for a weekend last month they gave me 6 months! I was like #######! :wacko:

Welcome back Honey!

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
thanks quana, and Jamerican

hi claire

yeah, im starting to feel a bit more confident in my ability to get around now and going thru town.

Just saw this.....hey I see you enjoyed your time in JA. Wish I were you :crying:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.