SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus; no smoking for me, but arrrrr the tea, well, that's different, right B) :rolleyes::reading:

Mi no smoke neitha...but "special cake" yummy.... I need to try this tea ya'll chat bout!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sus; no smoking for me, but arrrrr the tea, well, that's different, right B) :rolleyes::reading:

Mi no smoke neitha...but "special cake" yummy.... I need to try this tea ya'll chat bout!

That's Lawny's tea - Nah mi!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
yup..and when most of the water dries out..turn the fire down realllll lowww...and let it steam

And that's where the problem starts - cuz it sticks and turns into elmer's glue....

Which is why I buy the bags! :rofl:

Timeline
:angry: So Steven has been trying to get his passport for quite a while now. When he first submitted everything, he checked back every few days. After a couple of weeks, they told him the pictures wouldn't work because the background wasn't white enough. He paid for more pictures & submitted everything again. Two weeks went by (with him checking every few days). Today, they told him that the pictures still won't work! :huh:

Steven is VERY frustrated. To me, the next steps are simple: Go back & ask them what was wrong with the last pictures. Go to the picture place & retake some. Go back and ask them ON THE SPOT if those pictures will do, instead of having to wait for weeks. But he doesn't even want to talk about it right now.

This is frustrating because we can't fill out the DS156 or get the police record without the passport.

Sorry to hear this Nat....they are so particular about the passport photos. And then I look at my US passport photo and it's so bad!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Honey I am glad to hear you are feeling like you are home when you are in Jamaica now. That is how I feel when I am there with Joel, it like I am home and we just fall into a pattern as if I had been there all the time.

Timeline

jamerican!!!

i was RASTA too.. but i did have synthetic dreads on that trip tho so i didn't mind answering to it.. i LOVED it..

man i wish i could skip right past the short stage of locing and have them down my back tomorrow...

Timeline

I have discussed wanting to wear loc with D, and he doesnt want me too, but shoot its my head. ALL these damn perms and braids are making my stuff thin. Its growing longer but whats the point if i develop male pattern baldness...LOL.. .chemicals be damned!!!!

...LOL.. .chemicals be damned!!!!

Edited by JaHoney

Timeline
I have discussed wanting to wear loc with D, and he doesnt want me too, but shoot its my head. ALL these damn perms and braids are making my stuff thin. Its growing longer but whats the point if i develop male pattern baldness...LOL.. .chemicals be damned!!!!

...LOL.. .chemicals be damned!!!!

girl chemicals and STRESS.. my hair used to be thick and halfway down my back.. when i start living w/ my boyfriend/ex husband... GIRLLL!!! i didn't even notice the loss till i went and got my hair done and could almost see my ears through my hair..SAD SAD SAD

it would still grow, but who wants long, THIN hair.. UGH

Timeline

exactly quana, i feel like the only way to get my hair back long and thick is to cut off the perm and start from scratch, but in the meantime what the heck am i gonna look like??? i asked my beautician a few weeks ago, if i grew out my perm could she help me transition and start pressing it, she said she didnt press alot and it wouldnt last if i did got to presses in the summer, im like #######!!! she has been my beautician for 15 years, i dont want to go elsewhere but i need an option to get my hair back thick like it used to be.

Filed: Timeline

Okay, ya'll got to explain this bag rice to me, cause I've never noticed it in the stores...rice is so easy to cook once you get the hang of it...lawd I've been cooking rice since I was 8 years old.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ladies!! It's HUMP DAY!!

Well... hubby is still in Jamaica. Was just on the phone w/ him. I am going to send him a phone so that he'll have communication with his ride. So this gives me an idea of when he'll be getting here... towards the end of the month.

Anyway, question: Has anyones SO gotten an international drivers permit before they got here?? One of my homies suggested that my hubby do this. Any thoughts??

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ladies!! It's HUMP DAY!!

Well... hubby is still in Jamaica. Was just on the phone w/ him. I am going to send him a phone so that he'll have communication with his ride. So this gives me an idea of when he'll be getting here... towards the end of the month.

Anyway, question: Has anyones SO gotten an international drivers permit before they got here?? One of my homies suggested that my hubby do this. Any thoughts??

Does he have a Jamaican license. I thought the international permits were only good for 1 year.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Okay, ya'll got to explain this bag rice to me, cause I've never noticed it in the stores...rice is so easy to cook once you get the hang of it...lawd I've been cooking rice since I was 8 years old.

Lawny, it comes in a bag and you drop it in boiling water for 10 min - Take it out and cut open the bag - They have white, brown, jasmin rice,....

rice%20002.jpg

Timeline

not sure buggy.. roger used his ja license in FLL..

honey.. u know they tell me rosemary is good for hair growth in thinning spots, maybe u can try that b4 cutting off..

i also thought pressing would not last, but since going to the natural hair shop.. i see IF its done right, presses can last a good 2 weeks or so.. if not more.. my daughters lasted a mnth when i let someone PROFESSIONALLY do it, whereas when i did it, it puffed back when she went outside LOL

Edited by dancehallquana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.