SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quanna;

I like to plat my hair when it's wet and let it dry then let it loose, and I'm DONE, so fine and so fly and I don't give one rass who no like eeh. Some times my hair does what it wants to and people think I style it like that, like right now, I wish I could take a picture, I'm having problems with STATIC ELECTRICITY and it's a scary sight.

lawny i do that to me and my kids hair all the time.. i love the wavy look it gives.. the more my hair stick up in di air , the better LOL.. u know in TX we like everything big LOL

i could imagine how ur coworkers be looking at u when u come into the office while you have one smile on ur face LOL

:angry: So Steven has been trying to get his passport for quite a while now. When he first submitted everything, he checked back every few days. After a couple of weeks, they told him the pictures wouldn't work because the background wasn't white enough. He paid for more pictures & submitted everything again. Two weeks went by (with him checking every few days). Today, they told him that the pictures still won't work! :huh:

Steven is VERY frustrated. To me, the next steps are simple: Go back & ask them what was wrong with the last pictures. Go to the picture place & retake some. Go back and ask them ON THE SPOT if those pictures will do, instead of having to wait for weeks. But he doesn't even want to talk about it right now.

This is frustrating because we can't fill out the DS156 or get the police record without the passport.

sorry to hear he is having so much trouble.. give him time to cool off, he will listen to reason then..

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Ok...so why am I still here sitting at my mom's house? I was supposed to line up w/ the funeral procession at 1:30...BUT I left my dog's kennel @ home, and I asked my dad to be home before 1:15 so he could watch him (this dog will tear up a house if he stays home alone!!) So, it's about 1:10 and as I'm getting dressed my dad comes in the house, then leaves about 10 minutes later saying "I'll be back in 30 minutes!" :angry: He knows the funeral starts at 2:00! So this means I won't even be able to walk in with the family--which when I think about it isn't all that bad, since I don't like being close to the front anyway. :unsure: But still...I know I need to be gone soon!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

Hey Kimmy,

In ochi :no: they pay my tail no mind, maybe because i keep running into people i know or have met, and can get around relatively easy

In his district :yes: somewhat, we went to a small little shop and too his friends house the other day for a minute and while i was waiting, two women in another shop across the street, came to the door and both stood staring at me, i was like dyam

and then when the cab let me off that evening at the bottom of the hill, it was in the same spot where i was getting stared at, but i hopped my azz out the car, let em stare and walked my happy azz right on back up topside :)

Timeline
another thing, when i used to go to JA, i used to get hit on from start to finish now i be lucky if i get a side look when i go visit, im like dyam.. :( LOL

honey, D have threatend all the men in is district w/ bodily harm if they try it!! :whistle::rofl:

mrs p.. u call ur daddy??

Timeline
let me tell you, every single date that I've every had with an American man, no matter their background the converstations was about "GANGA"...I'm like look, not all Jamaicans smoke weed, I don't, then the conversation goes down hill from there. :angry:

its bad enough they associate it w/ JA, but why would they try and discuss it w/ u being a "lady" on a date??

i guess i am just an old southerner.. some issues men have gotten too comfortable to talk about to women on the first dates.. I ain't yo homeboy.. COME CORRECT!

Quana, did you forget who you were replying to? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline
let me tell you, every single date that I've every had with an American man, no matter their background the converstations was about "GANGA"...I'm like look, not all Jamaicans smoke weed, I don't, then the conversation goes down hill from there. :angry:

its bad enough they associate it w/ JA, but why would they try and discuss it w/ u being a "lady" on a date??

i guess i am just an old southerner.. some issues men have gotten too comfortable to talk about to women on the first dates.. I ain't yo homeboy.. COME CORRECT!

Quana, did you forget who you were replying to? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:bonk: now, where is that jar of of vaseline

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Kimmy,

In ochi :no: they pay my tail no mind, maybe because i keep running into people i know or have met, and can get around relatively easy

In his district :yes: somewhat, we went to a small little shop and too his friends house the other day for a minute and while i was waiting, two women in another shop across the street, came to the door and both stood staring at me, i was like dyam

and then when the cab let me off that evening at the bottom of the hill, it was in the same spot where i was getting stared at, but i hopped my azz out the car, let em stare and walked my happy azz right on back up topside :)

hahahaa...there is a difference...i don't know if this will ever go away..it hasn't for me..nope..but when dem si him face dem look di other way

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
:bonk: now, where is that jar of of vaseline

In mi grip :whistle:

LOL @ quana.

Seriously even when im not with him, and im out and about, nothing....LOL

LOL, Honey - Quana is right - I have dealt with that before too - ownership has been staked, and most decent men will respect that -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

i was surprised how cool it was there the other day for a minute i almost thought i was at home, in the early part of summer here, its still cool.

I am definitely looking forward to my return trip, i hope my sons have a good time and dont get on my nerves, whining...(its too hot, why we gotta walk, im hungry, whats in a patty, blah blah blah) i think the 16 year old will be chill but the 10 year old im already mentally preppin myself. We are hoping to get D's kids since they will be on holiday and out of school for easter and bring them to the villa, so they can interact with my boys, im hoping we can all play in the pool and have a good time.

Timeline
speaking of..

i am always told I "look" African or Carribbean, whatever that look like, i guess i just have some different features.. but this one time this caucasian guy started asking me for directions to some place.. i was like "i'm sorry, i am a tourist too"

he was like.. oh, u look like u are from here.. I said in my head "WHY CUZ IM BLACK".. LOL

i knew he wasn't being mean or anything so it was just funny... in the meantime Roger was getting mistaken as a tourist cuz he had my camera w/ him LOL

:lol: I find this tooo funny...with me, I get called "Rasta" both at home and in JA....most times I answer but every now and then I say...No, dread not rasta :)

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Timeline

sus

(((((((((((((((((chups))))))))))))))))))

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Quanna;

Well, this is what they tell me,

You don't look like a Jamaican (and I reply) what does a Jamaican look like.

well according to my ex, u have to have dreadlocs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quana, you don't know how many times I have heard this sense I have started locking my hair. Some people are like, "You're locking your hair because you are married to a Jamaican or because he wants you to because he is a Jamaican!" I'm like #######? NOOOO! First of all ediats, when I first went natural this was my intent all along, I would just get scared when it was time to start and punk out! Second azzwipes, a lot of Jamaicans don't wear their hair in locks. It is typically still associated with Rastafarianism, and NO my husband is not a Rasta, and NO he does not have locks (and has no interest in growing them!) It's crazy that alot of folks still believe that Jamaicans=locks! :wacko: Can you tell that I get pissed off @ ridiculousness!

GIRL......YOU SINGING TO THE CHOIR!!!AMEN...PREACH!!!...lol

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.