SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Tam...wahhh gwaan.!!

Mi deyah. Wishing I could get out of this funeral. Wha u do?

who fah funeral u waan lef? girl mi deh yah liek a dyam zombie

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Tam...wahhh gwaan.!!

Mi deyah. Wishing I could get out of this funeral. Wha u do?

who fah funeral u waan lef? girl mi deh yah liek a dyam zombie

she mean daylight duppy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Just try cook di rice wid 2 to 2 ratio regular white rice..i have now mastered rice cooking..never always made good rice

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Quana, you don't know how many times I have heard this sense I have started locking my hair. Some people are like, "You're locking your hair because you are married to a Jamaican or because he wants you to because he is a Jamaican!" I'm like #######? NOOOO! First of all ediats, when I first went natural this was my intent all along, I would just get scared when it was time to start and punk out! Second azzwipes, a lot of Jamaicans don't wear their hair in locks. It is typically still associated with Rastafarianism, and NO my husband is not a Rasta, and NO he does not have locks (and has no interest in growing them!) It's crazy that alot of folks still believe that Jamaicans=locks! :wacko: Can you tell that I get pissed off @ ridiculousness!

I think that's because when most people think Jamaica they think Bob Marley. That's all they know about it.

Just try cook di rice wid 2 to 2 ratio regular white rice..i have now mastered rice cooking..never always made good rice

Like 2 cups rice mixed with 2 cups of water??? Dat's how instant rice is cooked!! And then I microwave it.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
DJ gets mistaken for a tourist every time we go to Negril - he gets so frustrated, I crack up.

roger was getting upset too.. at first he was all smiles chat bout "hmm, i like this treatment" then he started getting annoyed.. we would be walking and he be like "watch this gentleman come up and ask do i wanna buy something".. girl i too was LMAO when the dude would come just like he said and roger tap be nice and just wave him off LOL..

oh sus.. i cook my rice in a bag too girl.. ive done it the other way but always seem to cook too much

Timeline
Quana, you don't know how many times I have heard this sense I have started locking my hair. Some people are like, "You're locking your hair because you are married to a Jamaican or because he wants you to because he is a Jamaican!" I'm like #######? NOOOO! First of all ediats, when I first went natural this was my intent all along, I would just get scared when it was time to start and punk out! Second azzwipes, a lot of Jamaicans don't wear their hair in locks. It is typically still associated with Rastafarianism, and NO my husband is not a Rasta, and NO he does not have locks (and has no interest in growing them!) It's crazy that alot of folks still believe that Jamaicans=locks! :wacko: Can you tell that I get pissed off @ ridiculousness!

I think that's because when most people think Jamaica they think Bob Marley. That's all they know about it.

Like 2 cups rice mixed with 2 cups of water??? Dat's how instant rice is cooked!! And then I microwave it.

yup..and when most of the water dries out..turn the fire down realllll lowww...and let it steam

Timeline
Me too. Boil in da bag all the way. Damien went to the store Sunday and last night looking for his favorite brown rice in a bag. They sold out so he bought home regular rice in the box... I said what am I doing to do with this :unsure:

Seriously, that's what Damien gets for not cooking more often :angry:

Shem, the boil in da bag are the best - and the brown rice ones are really good.

Mrs. P;

let me tell you, every single date that I've every had with an American man, no matter their background the converstations was about "GANGA"...I'm like look, not all Jamaicans smoke weed, I don't, then the conversation goes down hill from there. :angry:

Lawny, you wouldn't believe how many people I get that from when they find out I am travelling to Jamaica, or how many times I have been there - that is the first assumption - Sorry, I don't smoke it!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

sus; no smoking for me, but arrrrr the tea, well, that's different, right B) :rolleyes::reading:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Quanna;

Well, this is what they tell me,

You don't look like a Jamaican (and I reply) what does a Jamaican look like.

well according to my ex, u have to have dreadlocs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

GIRL don't u hate when people think u are doing certain things cuz of ur JAMAICAN husband..

i feel ya girl.. i know that is what ALOT of people thought when I went natural..ESP the ex..

oh now cuz she w/ a Jamaican she tryna go natural.. when most of my weaves lol were of the curly or natural LOOK, kinky twists, curly fro wigs.. i just never had the courage to do my own hair that way..

and like ya sey.. i see alot of long, straight hair in JA, not locks or esp not fros LOL

i love mi man, and i loved JA wayy b4 i met mi man so I do try to learn about his culture, food, talk.. BUT don't get it twisted, we are still individuals, my style is my style and mi like wha mi like, Jamaican husband or NOT :angry:

lol, stepping off of the soapbox w/ mrs p :rofl::rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:angry: So Steven has been trying to get his passport for quite a while now. When he first submitted everything, he checked back every few days. After a couple of weeks, they told him the pictures wouldn't work because the background wasn't white enough. He paid for more pictures & submitted everything again. Two weeks went by (with him checking every few days). Today, they told him that the pictures still won't work! :huh:

Steven is VERY frustrated. To me, the next steps are simple: Go back & ask them what was wrong with the last pictures. Go to the picture place & retake some. Go back and ask them ON THE SPOT if those pictures will do, instead of having to wait for weeks. But he doesn't even want to talk about it right now.

This is frustrating because we can't fill out the DS156 or get the police record without the passport.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Quanna;

I like to plat my hair when it's wet and let it dry then let it loose, and I'm DONE, so fine and so fly and I don't give one rass who no like eeh. Some times my hair does what it wants to and people think I style it like that, like right now, I wish I could take a picture, I'm having problems with STATIC ELECTRICITY and it's a scary sight.

tep aff a mi name

:angry: So Steven has been trying to get his passport for quite a while now. When he first submitted everything, he checked back every few days. After a couple of weeks, they told him the pictures wouldn't work because the background wasn't white enough. He paid for more pictures & submitted everything again. Two weeks went by (with him checking every few days). Today, they told him that the pictures still won't work! :huh:

Steven is VERY frustrated. To me, the next steps are simple: Go back & ask them what was wrong with the last pictures. Go to the picture place & retake some. Go back and ask them ON THE SPOT if those pictures will do, instead of having to wait for weeks. But he doesn't even want to talk about it right now.

This is frustrating because we can't fill out the DS156 or get the police record without the passport.

Nat, he don't need the DS-156 yet. Where is he taking the passport pictures and where is he applying for the passport? Can he take the pictures at the passport office? Is he in Sav, send a PM to Gooden and ask her where her SO took his pictures.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
let me tell you, every single date that I've every had with an American man, no matter their background the converstations was about "GANGA"...I'm like look, not all Jamaicans smoke weed, I don't, then the conversation goes down hill from there. :angry:

its bad enough they associate it w/ JA, but why would they try and discuss it w/ u being a "lady" on a date??

i guess i am just an old southerner.. some issues men have gotten too comfortable to talk about to women on the first dates.. I ain't yo homeboy.. COME CORRECT!

Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: Everyone this is a wonderful day I just got my interview scheduled for April 9th. :dance: :dance: :dance: To all that haven't gotten their interviews call now they are scheduling earlier in the month it seems. :thumbs:

I am here at work and I screamed and I am still shaking! My husband is elated I can't wait to see him Friday!

smiley_bouncetrampoline.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.