SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I feel like relocating and I'm seriously thinking about CT, AZ, NC or TX I did FL in the past, but I took a huge pay cut, don't want to go that route again

Go Texas!

I would like to experience living in TX. The federal gov'ment salary is higher than here.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

I just started reading this. It's fascinating! Much more so than American Idol.

Also, after one of my trips to Jamaica, my bank canceled my credit card due to fraud. The strange thing was, they wouldn't tell me what happened.

I always call them and tell them that I will be in Jamaica and the dates so that it doesn't get flagged - unless there are charges made after those dates.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I feel like relocating and I'm seriously thinking about CT, AZ, NC or TX I did FL in the past, but I took a huge pay cut, don't want to go that route again

Go Texas!

I would like to experience living in TX. The federal gov'ment salary is higher than here.

In Houston.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NatPatBen, where in TX are you??

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline

If I use a credit card at all, I mainly use my work credit union one - They flagged it one trip, and went to the manager (my friend Jett) - she looked at it and said - don't you know that girl by now? Send her an email, but I bet you money her #### is in Jamaica - if charges show up in Europe, let me know!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NatPatBen, where in TX are you??

Houston

I usually do call my bank & credit card companies to tell them when I go out of the country. The time when they canceled my card for fraud did happen to be the one time I forgot to call. But everything I bought in Jamaica went through. It wasn't until I got back to Houston & tried to pay for airport parking that my card was declined.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Wow, Ryon, that is gorgeous! How far from the town is it?

mammee bay, 10 minutes from Ochi BUT Ryon had a hard time getting a cab. It is next door to Riu Resort

Ryon...what was the issue with the place that you needed to get a refund? It looks cool... :unsure:

no washer/dryer, no iron, no couch, no working shower in master bedroom, no microwave, no working TV. it was like the house has been vacant for a while.

when i went to the internet cafe in ochi to find a new hotel, i got a fraud email on my blackberry that my recent purchase was being investigated for fraud or more information. someone had copied my key strokes an got my credit card and to purchase napster on the same computer i had just use. it was funny because i even erased the cache file and the history in the internet setting before logging out.

Go Texas!

In Houston.

i love Texas, i recently moved back home (chicago) from Rockwall Texas/ Dallas!

I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

I just started reading this. It's fascinating! Much more so than American Idol.

Also, after one of my trips to Jamaica, my bank canceled my credit card due to fraud. The strange thing was, they wouldn't tell me what happened.

I always call them and tell them that I will be in Jamaica and the dates so that it doesn't get flagged - unless there are charges made after those dates.

i will do that next time too

Good evening ladies

Portland love the pics

Welcome Back Jakes

lovesponge, how are you - been missing lately! what happen to the JA pics. - are you OK!

love.jpg

Timeline
a'rite ladies it's bed time,

The bottle of NYQUIL just winked at me, so I'm about to drink a shot class of it. I have the chills and I sound like Barry White one second then Mickey Mouse the next, my son keeps asking me if he needs to drive me to the hospital or should he call the bumblelance.

I feel like relocating and I'm seriously thinking about CT, AZ, NC or TX I did FL in the past, but I took a huge pay cut, don't want to go that route again.

feel better Tre :luv:

love.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Heyyyy Shrewdie! How is life w/ the hubby?! I might have missed this, but where was your POE and how did it go? Did they ask him a bunch of questions? I can't wait to finally get to wake up to my baby everyday! :star:

hey! LIfe is great :)

His POE was Charlotte, NC and it was a breeze. They didnt ask him many questions at all :)

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline
when i went to the internet cafe in ochi to find a new hotel, i got a fraud email on my blackberry that my recent purchase was being investigated for fraud or more information. someone had copied my key strokes an got my credit card and to purchase napster on the same computer i had just use. it was funny because i even erased the cache file and the history in the internet setting before logging out.

Some people are soo sneaky!!

Western union will not tell me who the person is that used my card or who they sent tried to send it to. They said I had to have my local police department subpoena that information or my credit card company could send a fax and they would fax back. Of course my credit card company says they can't do that. I said all I want is the GD name of the person!! I heard alot of I'm sorry but.... :angry:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Ryon, I know I been kind of geting over the JA Blues I guess, I dont know how to put pics on here. I am fine though thanks for asking just miss my boo :crying::crying:

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Some people are soo sneaky!!

Western union will not tell me who the person is that used my card or who they sent tried to send it to. They said I had to have my local police department subpoena that information or my credit card company could send a fax and they would fax back. Of course my credit card company says they can't do that. I said all I want is the GD name of the person!! I heard alot of I'm sorry but.... :angry:

Oh Island I would be a HOT MESS with that kind of response... how is it they will not tell you who used YOUR card :wow::blink:

I would be going up the chain of command at my credit card company until I found someone who "can do that" :angry:

that's just crazy... :wacko:

(((Island)))

Timeline
Has anyone up here stayed at Sandcastles in Ochi?

Mrs. P.

I havestayed at Sandcastles. It wasn't bad. The rooms are hit or miss, but if you get one that you don't like, just ask to be changed to another room. It's in a perfect location and Ray's friends were able to come on the property without a problem. I would stay there again.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Sorry to hear that Island. That kinda shyt pisses me off. I figured they wouldn't tell you who the person was. Someone tried to charge 2,000 worth of ####### from the Eastbay catalog on my mother's American Express before she even got the card in the mail. How crazy is that. I guess I'll be taking nothing but cash when I go back to JA.

Can people just get a freakin job and make their own damn money... Just like WE DO!!!

Edited by *SunRay*

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.