SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
a'rite ladies it's bed time,

The bottle of NYQUIL just winked at me, so I'm about to drink a shot class of it. I have the chills and I sound like Barry White one second then Mickey Mouse the next, my son keeps asking me if he needs to drive me to the hospital or should he call the bumblelance.

I feel like relocating and I'm seriously thinking about CT, AZ, NC or TX I did FL in the past, but I took a huge pay cut, don't want to go that route again.

So cute!!! Feel better - come to CT - no pay cut here!

#######!?!?!?! :angry: I got a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company - someone tried to tief $1,200 from my credit card through Western Union!!!!!! :angry:

#######?????????????? Do you have your credit card saved in online, or how did they try to do it?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wakey---I think you can use a leave-in conditioner, and then wash once a week...

Lawny---do you know someone in MB? I was looking on this site called Homeaway.com and found this great condo for rent! She's been really good to negotiate with so far, and she's had great reviews about the condo and the whole experience!

A few of my co-workers own property there. We'll see how the weekend plays out. The last time we went there I cooked jerk chicken and rice-n-peas with fried plaintains for 3 days straight, the neighbors didn't want us to leave it was so much fun. We also made fritters and plaintain porridge and they loved it.

Lawny, will you come to my house and cook please? You make me hungry reading this.

#######!?!?!?! :angry: I got a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company - someone tried to tief $1,200 from my credit card through Western Union!!!!!! :angry:

Wow! Good thing you got the call though. Have you done any recent transactions through WU?

Timeline
OMG!!! :o

Through Western Union?? where? on-line? at a branch??

WOW! :(

I don't know - I was so shocked that I couldn't think of anything to say --- other than snap at my kids to stop fighting. :bonk: They closed the account -- I'm gonna call back and see if they can tell me anything. Someone must of put a name to who they were sending the money to.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Wakey---I think you can use a leave-in conditioner, and then wash once a week...

Lawny---do you know someone in MB? I was looking on this site called Homeaway.com and found this great condo for rent! She's been really good to negotiate with so far, and she's had great reviews about the condo and the whole experience!

A few of my co-workers own property there. We'll see how the weekend plays out. The last time we went there I cooked jerk chicken and rice-n-peas with fried plaintains for 3 days straight, the neighbors didn't want us to leave it was so much fun. We also made fritters and plaintain porridge and they loved it.

Lawny, will you come to my house and cook please? You make me hungry reading this.

Wow! Good thing you got the call though. Have you done any recent transactions through WU?

None. The last time I used this credit card was in JA - paid for my hotel and my car rental on it. The car rental place does the old credit card machine slips. The guy did tell me it was manually punched in and Western Union called the credit card company.

Timeline

There was an article in the Gleaner or the Star today about a big arrest for credit card fraud, and I have seen several reports of it lately from travelers to JA - enough so that I am going to get travelers checks tomorrow, and not use my card at all while there! Plus the fact that last trip, many ATMs were outta cash, lol -

Timeline
None. The last time I used this credit card was in JA - paid for my hotel and my car rental on it. The car rental place does the old credit card machine slips. The guy did tell me it was manually punched in and Western Union called the credit card company.

It would seem like someone at one of those places could've lifted your #. If you do get any more info that leads you to believe that's what happened, I'd alert the places you used your card and tell them one of their EEs may have stolen your CC #. Isn't there also a way to have your credit card co. call you before any major purchases for a period of time? One way I've heard is kind of a pain in the butt though because it also restricts your purchases but there may be another safeguard available.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear that Island woman do you have Identity Theft Protection through your bank its really good to have.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Help my HAIR!!

For those of you who go workout during the workday..what do you do for your hair??

I'm so tired of wearing weave and when I work out I sweat for 2 hours after so it doesn't make sense to blow dry and curl. Today after working out I ended up with an airfro. People were doing the look at you but look quickly away thing to me. I ended up putting some lotion on it and pullin it in a ponytail. Which is not good for my hair.

Go NATURAL!!! Then water & sweat stop being your enemies.

it's like I can make any stride forward, and this is not like me... I just got a promo on my job today, i should be happy right, no I'm focusing on this visa. I call joel in the middle of the day and goes off on him about the visa, he just shuts down. I didn't even celebrate my fathers b-day yesterday, and he called me and asked what's wrong with me. This is not like me....

I'm use to enjoying and living life.

Congratulations on the promotion!

a'rite ladies it's bed time,

The bottle of NYQUIL just winked at me, so I'm about to drink a shot class of it. I have the chills and I sound like Barry White one second then Mickey Mouse the next, my son keeps asking me if he needs to drive me to the hospital or should he call the bumblelance.

I feel like relocating and I'm seriously thinking about CT, AZ, NC or TX I did FL in the past, but I took a huge pay cut, don't want to go that route again.

Go Texas!

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
There was an article in the Gleaner or the Star today about a big arrest for credit card fraud, and I have seen several reports of it lately from travelers to JA - enough so that I am going to get travelers checks tomorrow, and not use my card at all while there! Plus the fact that last trip, many ATMs were outta cash, lol -

That sounds like a good idea!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That sounds like a good idea!!

this cc thing happen to my hubby card when i was in jam. i felt so violated that someone try to steal his identity. luckily it was very minor charges the account was close and they are currently conducting investigation. i know how shocked u must feel. IW. just find what u need to do. maybe they will send u a copy of the charges.

Timeline
I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

I just started reading this. It's fascinating! Much more so than American Idol.

Also, after one of my trips to Jamaica, my bank canceled my credit card due to fraud. The strange thing was, they wouldn't tell me what happened.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

I just started reading this. It's fascinating! Much more so than American Idol.

Also, after one of my trips to Jamaica, my bank canceled my credit card due to fraud. The strange thing was, they wouldn't tell me what happened.

That is very strange that they wouldn't tell you what happened - I would pitch a fit.

I have read some of the Illegal Alien story - he is a really good writer, and it is an interesting read.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Mrs. Palmer... I'm going to have to step away from this for a while and allow me to come back to focus.

Congrats on your promotion :thumbs: Tomorrow will be a better day. I definitely agree on a short trip somewhere for some "me" time.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MrsBuggy :)

I love this line of your signature:

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!! :dancing:

So wait a minute, the man got his Visa and won't tell you when he is coming??? :blink: :blink: :blink:

Yuh betta dan me fi true :blush:

I would be using my years of personal knowledge against my friend to make her tell me :lol::innocent:

quote]

Girl YES!! I have been trying to get her to tell me something... but she is strong!! That heffa! I can't wait til her man has a surprise that he needs help with... I'm going to make her SUFFER!!!!!!!! :bonk:

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.