SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

Ells--you gettin ready for your sweetie!? I was home cleaning up yesterday because the government offices were closed due to the weather...and I was thinking, "Man, when it's time for him to come, I'm going to be running around like Mr. Clean on crack!" :lol: :lol:

Thanks Ellsi, I hate not having control of my life right now. This process has a way of taking over your life, and not allowing you to breath. Everyday you are holding your breath waiting for something to happen.

No truer words have been spoken

Hi Mrs. P! I have to admit that I've been TOTALLY lazy since getting back from JA. As much as I should be hustling to prepare for him now, I am not doing a darn thing. I look around and go over in my mind everything that needs to be done but just can't seem to find the motivation to do it. I'll be like you....Mr. Clean on crack! :lol:

Well Ladies, I can only imagine how you are feeling right now. I'm not so bad but I'm sure if we were married it would be a different ball game because then you have the expectation of being together and not being able to would be excruciating. You are right though, find solace & fun with your family & friends.

I'm battling my boredom with the "Memoirs of an Illegal Alien" series on Jamaicans.com - never read it before and it's very interesting reading. The young man writes pretty well and it's very interesting to read his observations on first coming to live in the U.S. I'm on part 9 now....only 35 more to get to the current installment.

I'm trying to find this. The site has me confused. I see the part 44. I do I get to the first one??

Never mind I found it! whew it's alot!!!

It is a lot but I can't stop reading it now. Sorry I didn't post the link...here's in case someone else wants to check it out:

http://www.jamaicans.com/culture/illegal/index.shtml

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Help my HAIR!!

For those of you who go workout during the workday..what do you do for your hair??

I'm so tired of wearing weave and when I work out I sweat for 2 hours after so it doesn't make sense to blow dry and curl. Today after working out I ended up with an airfro. People were doing the look at you but look quickly away thing to me. I ended up putting some lotion on it and pullin it in a ponytail. Which is not good for my hair.

Sorry, I can't help you here Wakey! :crying: Do you have relaxed hair? If so, I am guessing just doing a good conditioning after your workout? I wear my hair natural, so all I would really do is rinse and go! Probably add a light oil combination like jojoba & grapeseed, or evoo.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

it's like I can make any stride forward, and this is not like me... I just got a promo on my job today, i should be happy right, no I'm focusing on this visa. I call joel in the middle of the day and goes off on him about the visa, he just shuts down. I didn't even celebrate my fathers b-day yesterday, and he called me and asked what's wrong with me. This is not like me....

I'm use to enjoying and living life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Help my HAIR!!

For those of you who go workout during the workday..what do you do for your hair??

I'm so tired of wearing weave and when I work out I sweat for 2 hours after so it doesn't make sense to blow dry and curl. Today after working out I ended up with an airfro. People were doing the look at you but look quickly away thing to me. I ended up putting some lotion on it and pullin it in a ponytail. Which is not good for my hair.

Sorry, I can't help you here Wakey! :crying: Do you have relaxed hair? If so, I am guessing just doing a good conditioning after your workout? I wear my hair natural, so all I would really do is rinse and go! Probably add a light oil combination like jojoba & grapeseed, or evoo.

yes it's relaxed or it starts out that way until I start sweating....I've always wanted to go natural but I'm so scared. I have the no hair on the side thing going on. I think I would look like a freaky arangatang.

thanks Ells for this story..I'm enjoying it. He does write very well!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Filed: Timeline

Wakey, mi no know wah fi tell u, but don't feel bad, I look like mad mavis when I leave the gym, thank God it's 5:30am when that happens...

Ryon a so it go some times, with the feeling, my hubby was my 2nd LDR, the first was when I was in my 20s and I didn't have the time or patience to put up with ediatness or rubbish, so mi tell im fi gwaane. LDRs are no joke...sometimes I had to step away and take some "ME TIME"

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
it's like I can make any stride forward, and this is not like me... I just got a promo on my job today, i should be happy right, no I'm focusing on this visa. I call joel in the middle of the day and goes off on him about the visa, he just shuts down. I didn't even celebrate my fathers b-day yesterday, and he called me and asked what's wrong with me. This is not like me....

CONGRATULATIONS on the promo Rox! Even though you may not feel like celebrating, this is definitely an accomplishment worth acknowledging! I hope things begin to look up 4 u soon.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline
Help my HAIR!!

Do you think I could try to wash and condition and then put a pretty headband on and let it air dry?? I'm going to go home and try it.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone!!! Hope all have had a good day. I'm still here and hubby still in Jamaica!! LOL

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS on the promo Rox! Even though you may not feel like celebrating, this is definitely an accomplishment worth acknowledging! I hope things begin to look up 4 u soon.

That's right.. hang in there Rox

Timeline
Hey Kenisha--how does it feel being an "old married lady"? :lol: :lol:

Hey Mrs P... I don't really feel married... I don't know how you are suppose to feel but I don't feel any different you know...

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

No one answered my question yet... did you all send your original married certificate or a copy?

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline
Help my HAIR!!

Do you think I could try to wash and condition and then put a pretty headband on and let it air dry?? I'm going to go home and try it.

Oh Lawd!! Mi seh wait! Wait! :blink::blink: I don't know how air drying would work on a perm--I remember when I had a perm, and that never worked out really well! :lol: What about using a ceramics flat iron? Heard it works wonders and doesn't use a lot of heat! I have friends who swear by it!

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.