SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Philly, anytime, we all need prayer.

K -- congrats on the wedding Mrs.

Mi gaane back to making my fritters. I fried 1 dozen fish today, then had to tun back and cook brown stew chicken and rice n peas. I'm going to my bed.

Sus, mi a beg u, mek likkle room innah u grip fi mi...mi naw go tek up much space

The mister make some this morning almost bruke me jaw bone!

Thanks!

Congrats Portland - we want pics!

I will try, they won't upload keep telling me the camera in use..

Lawny, mi grip is stuffed! But for you, I will make room!

Thanks everyone for you well wishes..... we is married now!!! lol!!

Congratulations Portland, how does it feel to be a married woman?

It feels no different from any other day... still trying to figure out if I wanna change my last name my just wait till we have kids..

Congratulations Portland!!

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Everyone Happy Monday

Well we got the Noreaster here in Philly with about 6" and its still snowing. :help: I work in Jersey so it took me a while this morning but I made it :) I will not be missing this snow on Friday :dance: LOL

Congrats ShaunsGal (F)

Sus, you packed already? I better get it together and pack tonight :clock:

Ok I better do some work, enjoy your day everyone :yes:

Philly, I have a paper and two midterms this week - so I had to pack or I would be up all night Fri doing it! I am home on my couch "working" today. Now, my goal for the week will be to not touch my suitcases - when I pack early, I tend to find just one more thing I think I need, lol

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Honey, we were married at 11:30 am on 02/27/2008, we just said our vows over the phone again at 11:30 am today. Then we start laughing, and said we have been married for a whole year and 3 minutes.

So. we will be checking in on each other all day long, so I will now go to the store and buy me something new.

Roxcie and Joel

That is so sweet Rox.

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Thanks Wakey, it was a good day, but I miss him so. So I will be going to him in March, as soon as i can buy my ticket I will know the date. I was just there last month, but I need to go back this month too.

I need to be in his presence. I need to feel him close by.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Thanks Wakey, it was a good day, but I miss him so. So I will be going to him in March, as soon as i can buy my ticket I will know the date. I was just there last month, but I need to go back this month too.

I need to be in his presence. I need to feel him close by.

good morning

Rox, i know just how that feels

love.jpg

Timeline
I have used USPS Priority mail - they have flat rate boxes available. Had no problems, could track it all the way, and it reached in about a week.

Hmmm...You can track with priority mail? I thought only registered or express gave tracking numbers. Thanks.

Island woman I sent it register mail, and every thing was received. Custom is not allowed to open register mail, also you can track register mail. So I was able to see it all the way thru transport, I ws able to tell him that it was at the PO ready for pick-up aswell.

It was rec'd in 5 days.

Thanks Roxie. Was it a box?

It was a box... Island woman the reason I used register mail was thqt the Ins is aalready included inthe cost... With Priority mail, Ins is an additional fee. They both works, but it's what value you put on the package.

Oh I get it - if you insure a priority mail box it gives you a tracking #. Thanks ladies.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

This was funny to me

A couple was celebrating their golden wedding anniversary on the beaches in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Their domestic tranquility had long been the talk of the town. People would say, 'What a peaceful & loving couple'. The local newspaper reporter was inquiring as to the secret of their long and happy marriage.

The Husband replied: 'Well, it dates back to our honeymoon in America , explained the man. 'We visited the Grand Canyon, in Arizona , and took a trip down to the bottom of the canyon, by horse. We hadn't gone too far when my wife's horse stumbled and she almost fell off. My wife looked down at the horse and quietly said,' That's once.''We proceeded a little further and her horse stumbled again. Again my wife quietly said, 'That's twice. 'We hadn't gone a half-mile when the horse stumbled for the third time my wife quietly removed a revolver from her purse and shot the horse dead. I SHOUTED at her, 'What's wrong with you, Woman! Why did you shoot the poor animal like that, are you crazy?' She looked at ME, and quietly said, 'That's once.'

And from that moment ... we have lived happily every after.!

Morning Everyone Happy Monday

Well we got the Noreaster here in Philly with about 6" and its still snowing. :help: I work in Jersey so it took me a while this morning but I made it :) I will not be missing this snow on Friday :dance: LOL

Congrats ShaunsGal (F)

Sus, you packed already? I better get it together and pack tonight :clock:

Ok I better do some work, enjoy your day everyone :yes:

Philly, I have a paper and two midterms this week - so I had to pack or I would be up all night Fri doing it! I am home on my couch "working" today. Now, my goal for the week will be to not touch my suitcases - when I pack early, I tend to find just one more thing I think I need, lol

Hey Sus,

I totally understand about getting it out the way :star: I need to get on the ball too I normally pack a week before as well. I'll get right on that because I have a million other things to do this week before I leave :bonk: Good Luck on your Midterms and paper :star: :star: :star::yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
I have used USPS Priority mail - they have flat rate boxes available. Had no problems, could track it all the way, and it reached in about a week.

Hmmm...You can track with priority mail? I thought only registered or express gave tracking numbers. Thanks.

There is a service called track and confirm - you don't have to insure, see the bottom of this page for info:

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-i...onal-prices.htm

All you need is the number off your label -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all.

I sent my box 3 weeks ago and it still haven't reached MoBay :crying:. It left here on the 13th and shipped out of Philly on the 16th. They are investigating it now but said Jamaican customs can take up to 90 days to respond.

Good morning all.

I sent my box 3 weeks ago and it still haven't reached MoBay :crying:. It left here on the 13th and shipped out of Philly on the 16th. They are investigating it now but said Jamaican customs can take up to 90 days to respond.

Shemmy, that's why I went register.... UPS stated that register mail by-pass custom inspection... Now I know others will say they have had better results from priority mail, but my GF who works for the USPS told me that the only mail that is guarenteed is registered mail. In my case a flat rate and registered cost the same.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Shemmy was it a flat rate priority, can you track it?

I tracked it...it left the NJ not Philly on the 16th. I called so they are tracking it now. The package is automatically insured up to $83.47. First and last time mailing anything to JA.

And yes, it was flat rate priority.

Edited by Shemmy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.