SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Dillon.....you see the signs all over the place? Can't remember if you own your house or not; but you can rent it out for the all star game like they did for the innaguration in D.C. I hear the player's families and big wigs are looking for places to stay and all the hotels are full. Something to think about. Big $$$$$

Ya I saw that on the news last night. I am sure they would want something closer to downtown rather than UCity though.

No festivities for me this past weekend for Mardi Gras. :angry:

I should've called you. I had a blast.

I think they are thinking all over the city and county. Metrolink may be a good bet if as crowded as they say it is going to be.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Honey one more thing, two years ago my mom brought up some roast yam and roast fish like she's been doing for many years and the guy told her that the yam was RAW even though se was eating it in front of him. We had to go to court in Baltimore and my mom told the Judge that she's been traveling back and fforth to Jamaica for many years and always bring up roast yam and the Judge asked her who roasted it and she said she did and he dismissed the case. They wanted to fine my mom $1500 for a little piece of yam that was cooked. She didn't hide it. It was in her hand when she was waiting for her luggage. The officer said it wasn't cooked and that's why he issued the fine. Waste of time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny if they fine me for anything, im going to lay in the floor and start wailing... LOL>. hell i can barely afford all this traveling back and forth, shoot whatever they want they can have.....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is there seriously no better show on tv for you guys then Homeland Security? Surely, grass growing in the front yard or something????????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Lawny if they fine me for anything, im going to lay in the floor and start wailing... LOL>. hell i can barely afford all this traveling back and forth, shoot whatever they want they can have.....

yeah, but you have to declare it, if they find it and it wasn't declare then they'll fine you. I was wondering what was taking mommy so long. What they do is the try to make you pay the $300 fine right there or they tell you it will be more if it goes to court in Baltimore, my mom said she'll take her chance in court. So, that's when the officer told her the fine was $1500 not $300...back in the day I use to bring up just about anything, but mangoes.

The funniest thing I've ever seen was the lady who had a small suitcase of frozen fish. Of course the ice melt and water was all over the place and yes, I'm one of the passengers that be on the plane with my dinner usually fry fish and rice and peas smelling up the entire plane and I dear someone to say something to me...FISH HEAD AND ALL...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

thanks Lawny for the read and I found my answer. Yes we do have to fill out the forms for her also and pay the $131US :blush:

Yeah, he just replied and said the same thing. He said to make sure everything fill out properly and make sure you apply way before the travel. He said he had issues with dat. Is Quebec on the same time zone? Sound like I woke him up.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JG those of us without cable are limited to Homeland Security and AMerica's next top model....LOL.. it was either that or the biggest loser, which i dont want to watch.... Hell i got my own fat issues to deal with so i dont care about someone elses.....LOL

JG those of us without cable are limited to Homeland Security and AMerica's next top model....LOL.. it was either that or the biggest loser, which i dont want to watch.... Hell i got my own fat issues to deal with so i dont care about someone elses.....LOL

:rofl: @ The Biggest Loser I second that! I am setting my DVR now for Homeland Security! I bring back plenty of Ackee but I bring cans of it and I never have a problem. I am addicted to Ackee and saltfish. It cost 14.99 a can here so I stock up every trip LOL. I also bring lots of Sugar Cane but I learned when I was young to cut out the bump and I never have any issues :star: I also bring back Bigga Apple Soda and Soursop juice but I freeze it and they let me through but of course I get the side eye :blink:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Okay here's a question that came up before with me and my SO right before my daughter was born. And last night he asked me again what we should do:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to having a baby abroad when one parent is a US citizen? Are there any positive parts because I am just thinking of the down-side. Like getting the BC, medical treatment I'll receive in Jamaica, etc.

So, you're thinking about going to Jamaica to have the baby? You're baby will be a US citizen as long as the birth is recorded at the US embassy. I have many family members who have done this.

My cousin sent this to me...hope it helps. She also says getting the BC won't be a problem, medical treatment it depends on where you are and how much money you have.

Documentation of U.S. Citizens Born Abroad

U.S. Department of State

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Documentation of United States Citizens Born

Abroad Who Acquire Citizenship At Birth

The birth of a child abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) should be reported as soon as possible to the nearest American consular office for the purpose of establishing an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship at birth. The official record is in the form of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America. This document, referred to as the Consular Report of Birth or FS-240, is considered a basic United States citizenship document. An original FS-240 is furnished to the parent(s) at the time the registration is approved.

REPORTING THE BIRTH

A Consular Report of Birth can be prepared only at an American consular office overseas while the child is under the age of 18. Usually, in order to establish the child’s citizenship under the appropriate provisions of U.S. law, the following documents must be submitted:

(1) an official record of the child’s foreign birth;

(2) evidence of the parent(s)’ U.S. citizenship (e.g., a certified birth certificate, current U.S.

passport, or Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship);

(3) evidence of the parents’ marriage, if applicable; and

(4) affidavits of parent(s)’ residence and physical presence in the United States.

Thanks for the info

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Timeline

WHEW! I just caught up on all the reading! :wacko: How is everyone tonite?

Let's see: CONGRATULATIONS SHANETTE on your pickney surprise! Take care of yourself & that baby!

CONGRATULATIONS QUANA on getting affordable housing--my lease is up at the end of the summer & I hoping

to find a rental house or townhome then!

HAPPY BELATED B-DAY MRS BUGGY! How was the Alvin Ailey show?

WHO DID I MISS? :unsure:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thanks Lawny for the read and I found my answer. Yes we do have to fill out the forms for her also and pay the $131US :blush:

Yeah, he just replied and said the same thing. He said to make sure everything fill out properly and make sure you apply way before the travel. He said he had issues with dat. Is Quebec on the same time zone? Sound like I woke him up.

Yes we are all in the same time zone. His interview is April 7 and the wedding is July 4. That gives us wayyyyyyyyyyyy enough time. :star:

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok ladies..

ya knoa how me just finish mi divorce right?? and how my lease is up in march on my apt i share w/ my sister??

okay.. so i am going over numbers in my head of what I could afford for my new place to live.. I learned from having my house, NOT to get something just cuz u can afford it, cuz that is ALL u will be able to afford.. LOL.. I have really been spoiled w/ going out of town when I want, getting my hair done, just living life like u supposed to.. Not using every dime to pay bills..i set out to get something nice but AFFORDABLE so I can save for my next house and enjoy my money..

So anyway, my mom had been calling some places, and we had been looking around rental homes and apts, w/ my rental goal, $650..it def was gonna be an older place and it was turning out to be places in kinda dumpy neighborhoods.. I was just gonna find the best one and go for it, its only for a year or so right..

How bout one of the places my mom said she liked in a nicer suburb called her, I didn't want them cuz they were about $730.She said they had a special for WHAT $500/mnth!!!

I said SIGN ME UP!!! I was unsure cuz the place was an older spot, but it still wasn't the ghetto.. How could an apt come down THAT much???? How bout I called to find out what to bring them .. And the lady said the rate she quoted my mama was a MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!! LADIES, she said she would still honor it tho cuz she told my mama that’s what it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of u know she didn't have to do that, she could have easily said, im sorry I told u wrong and went on bout her business..

How many of u know it was not a mistake but the WILL of MY GOD.. I am so thankful and excited about this.. I can really save, start paying my tithes like I know I need to and enjoy life.. THANK YOU JESUS!!! The lady said rent will go up in 6 mnths, BUT they can't hike it up more than $100 she said.. STILL under my goal!!!!!!!!!!

So anyway i am just sooo thankful for God's favor.. my ex is determined to see me in the worst of situations and i am glad my God will not let him have the last laugh.. i will be alright.. i am determined and focused and if i keep my faith in God I can do all things WITH Him!!

thnk u guys for u support thru this ALL!!!

Way to go Quana!! Things can and WILL only get better from here on out!!

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Timeline
Hey all... there is a venue called PlayDate in several major cities across the US. Here is the website:

http://www.playdateus.com/

Look for your city, or one that's close... And go!! It is alot of fun!!! I went to mine in Dallas... here are some photos of me playing Simon Says. Hilarious!! (I'm in the green hoodie)

Girl this looks sooo much fun...the nearest one to me is in Seattle 2.5 hours away but I went on the site and signed up to possibly start one here. I am always looking for some new business to get involved in and this seems like fun. Thanks for sharing

Girl it is lots of fun!

Our SO's are twins!!! LOL

Good night everyone!! I been on here trying to catch up on my reading. I'm almost done...

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

Timeline

Phew... just finished reading, but now seems like everyone is gone.

Mrs.Palmer... the show was AWESOME!! It's a must see for anyone who appreciates The Arts!

I guess I'm out. Have a great one tomorrow everyone!!!

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.