SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Speaking of food........

SO made oxtails recently and i don't know if it was me but they tasted really "beefy"! Ha LOL, I know they are beef but these were really "oxie". He said they tasted old? Does that sound right? I was so disappointed because they smelled and looked good. We got them from a store that has questionable meat so maybe that was the problem.

Any suggestions?

Oh and can you buy plantains over the internet? Our suck in the stores here!!

girl u better pray the Lord purify it and EAT.. ya eating for 2 now!!! LOL just kidding

u crazy.. the oxtails tasted "oxie" huh??? i can't help u w/ the food part.. Roger gonna have to take my sister shopping w/ him.. i just eat it..

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Speaking of food........

SO made oxtails recently and i don't know if it was me but they tasted really "beefy"! Ha LOL, I know they are beef but these were really "oxie". He said they tasted old? Does that sound right? I was so disappointed because they smelled and looked good. We got them from a store that has questionable meat so maybe that was the problem.

Any suggestions?

Girl, you crazy :rofl: bout questionable. If the meat was at the store for a long time or it's been frozen or in the case for a long time it's going to taste funny. The meats and food that we're used to in Jamaica taste completly different here. To me, even the seasoning taste different.

Mi no kno wif you can buy plaintains pon the internet, where do you live?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

:lol:

Yea, he was really disappointed with it, cause I think they took quite awhile to cook. Next time we decide to make them I will def check the dates.

Oh did I tell ya that we attempted to make beef patties??? Ha that was an experience to say the least.....

Honesty is the best policy but never use honesty as an excuse to be hurtful.

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Speaking of food........

Any suggestions?

LOL @ the Oxie taste

I see you are in Seattle, there must be a Latino store somewhere I would check there. Thankfully I live in a city with all cultures so there are plenty of places to find my food. I have Yam and banana with meals everyday!

Yup check out the Latino stores, they eat basically the same as we do is there a Supremo located there?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Ha yea girl thats where got the Oxtails; at the Mexican store. I'm going to keep looking though, I know there is some venue that has descent Plaintains and oxtails

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Okay here's a question that came up before with me and my SO right before my daughter was born. And last night he asked me again what we should do:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to having a baby abroad when one parent is a US citizen? Are there any positive parts because I am just thinking of the down-side. Like getting the BC, medical treatment I'll receive in Jamaica, etc.

Okay hopefully I'll get some feedback because I have to go our Cultural celebration. Be back afterwards......

Edited by ShaNette

1vOEm7.png

NbWqm7.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

Hi ladies, Its been a while!! Well congrats on the approvals, pregnancies. I love the positive vibes.

My husband got a date to get his American visa. We are going to a wedding in July in Philly. Is there anyone here from there.

Congrats 1luv! It's going to happen for you too soon! :dance:

Sus, i hope you feel better soon...being sick sucks. I am excited about going to Ja this weekend but never fails whenever i get ready to go me and dwayne argue and every thing he does works my nerves...LOL.. not to mention i am seeing that it is raining alot and cool in the evenings like 65!!! #######...

I think it's probably just anxiety from getting ready and hoping that everything goes smoothly that has you guys stressed out and arguing. Once you get together I think everything will be fine! And like Sus says, don't worry about the weather! Jamaica still nice mon! :thumbs:

LOL, Nope - My sister already tried to send my snotty nose nephews over! I told her if the oldest was home sick she could have sent him- cause he would watch movies with me - I am not watching the two year old, who will suddenly decide he's baking cookies, and get things out of the fridge to start! :blink:

:rofl:

I've been up 4 hours and I am still groggy. God, I wish I drank coffee. Too much of a party last night.

I'm groggy every morning like I partied and I never do! Coffee would probably help me too but then I'm unnaturally wired and I hate the feeling....it does help me type about 110 WPM though! :yes:

Hey Yardies!

I don't post a lot, but I still read and root for you guys!

Today's a special day! My hubby is FINALLY coming for good.

I'm not the neatest person in the world and he's a neat freak, so I'm frantically trying to get the house in order so he doesn't run screaming back to JA. :)

I am having anxiety about getting pregnant and remaining pregnant. I'm making the sacrifice to do this (I already have two kids from my previous marriage) because he's never had a child, but at 39, I felt I was pushing it until I saw Jamerican's news! Congrats lady! That gives me hope. I don't want to end up doing fertility treatments, so I'll pray that the mechanics are still working.

I'll keep you all posted on the conception trail. :)

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS SHREWDIE! God blessed you with a short and sweet interview. You deserve it. He'll be here sooner than you know.

-Karen

Congrats Karen! So much great news these days! I'm sure he'll just be happy to finally be home with you that he won't care if things aren't totally in order.

Thanks sunny, i will try... D told me to come and rest and relax, hell im just happy to be getting away from home for a minute.. we are supposed to have yet another snow storm coming and im sick to death of snow, shoot we just had one last saturday and now they are predicting more snow tomorrow :(

Hey Island, whats up ? havent talked with you lately, hope things are going well for you

Hey Girl - enjoy JA this weekend! Have some for all of us. And I'm with you re: Shades. Once was enough in my lifetime.

Someone please tell me what the deal with Shades is! You all have me curious now!

JG I'm right here I'm on a conference call with some people from Poland and lord help me... I just finished with India.

Wow Lawny! You have quite the international job....I don't think I've ever paid attention or read what you do but it sounds interesting.

far as the pregnancy thing i dont miss that i was miserable with my second kid, i mean extremely miserable, i felt like i had an ALIEN Inside of me,

I imagine that's how I'll feel about pregnancy (horrible of me ain't it??)! I mean if you think about it, being pregnant is like having a parasite in your body....it feeds off of you and makes you feel bad. I love children but don't think I'm going to love being pregnant!

please help! can someone direct me to where I can get questions answered for the non-immigrant visa application form. IT IS SOO CONFUSING. I have never been in any other thread but this one. HELP PLEASE :crying:

Which form is it 1luv? Is it the DS-156? What are your questions?

Okay here's a question that came up before with me and my SO right before my daughter was born. And last night he asked me again what we should do:

What are the advantages/disadvantages to having a baby abroad when one parent is a US citizen? Are there any positive parts because I am just thinking of the down-side. Like getting the BC, medical treatment I'll receive in Jamaica, etc.

So, you're thinking about going to Jamaica to have the baby? You're baby will be a US citizen as long as the birth is recorded at the US embassy. I have many family members who have done this.

My cousin sent this to me...hope it helps. She also says getting the BC won't be a problem, medical treatment it depends on where you are and how much money you have.

Documentation of U.S. Citizens Born Abroad

U.S. Department of State

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Documentation of United States Citizens Born

Abroad Who Acquire Citizenship At Birth

The birth of a child abroad to U.S. citizen parent(s) should be reported as soon as possible to the nearest American consular office for the purpose of establishing an official record of the child’s claim to U.S. citizenship at birth. The official record is in the form of a Consular Report of Birth Abroad of a Citizen of the United States of America. This document, referred to as the Consular Report of Birth or FS-240, is considered a basic United States citizenship document. An original FS-240 is furnished to the parent(s) at the time the registration is approved.

REPORTING THE BIRTH

A Consular Report of Birth can be prepared only at an American consular office overseas while the child is under the age of 18. Usually, in order to establish the child’s citizenship under the appropriate provisions of U.S. law, the following documents must be submitted:

(1) an official record of the child’s foreign birth;

(2) evidence of the parent(s)’ U.S. citizenship (e.g., a certified birth certificate, current U.S.

passport, or Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship);

(3) evidence of the parents’ marriage, if applicable; and

(4) affidavits of parent(s)’ residence and physical presence in the United States.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Ells, you are a Negrilite, lol - Did you ever go to XXX or Scrub a Dub? Think of that on steroids, complete with a live midget show! Once at Shades was enough for me, too!

Okay, I've been to Scrub a Dub so I have an idea. But ON STEROIDS?? That much more insane?? Where is Shades? Who knows, it might just be something I have to see once too! :lol:

Ells, you are a Negrilite, lol - Did you ever go to XXX or Scrub a Dub? Think of that on steroids, complete with a live midget show! Once at Shades was enough for me, too!

Okay, I've been to Scrub a Dub so I have an idea. But ON STEROIDS?? That much more insane?? Where is Shades? Who knows, it might just be something I have to see once too! :lol:

Ells, I don't know if you want to go to Shades. The first time I went there with a ton of friends and cousins we thought it was dancehall night, boy did we make a mistake, I had to walk out. All I remember my cousin saying was is his hood suppose to look like dat...his thing was shaped like the letter S.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ells, I don't know if you want to go to Shades. The first time I went there with a ton of friends and cousins we thought it was dancehall night, boy did we make a mistake, I had to walk out. All I remember my cousin saying was is his hood suppose to look like dat...his thing was shaped like the letter S.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ells it's in Ochi - and not something you want to experience, trust us - I saw things I have never seen in my life - or wanted to - :hehe:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Sus, I'm not joking it was shaped like an S then the other dude his thing was almost to his knee it was hiting him mid thigh and he was just slapping the woman in her face with it...

Ells, the shows in Kingston are worse.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Sus, I'm not joking it was shaped like an S then the other dude his thing was almost to his knee it was hiting him mid thigh and he was just slapping the woman in her face with it...

Ells, the shows in Kingston are worse.

:rofl: That's just WRONG but it still makes me laugh! Sounds like an 'adult' circus!

Good lawd what can they possibly do in Kingston that's worse? I'm thinking it must be like live sex shows or something cause that's about as bad as I can think that it could get.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.