SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Jawi.....it is best to be with your husband. But, if you have your marriage certificate, same thing.

It all depends on who you get; but yes, Nationals in customs tend to get a little more hassles in the what are you bringing back department. Much easier in immigration though.

Thanks. :thumbs: I learned something new. LOL

The thing is if you are travelling together after marriage, with the same last name, you have one form so you are pretty much have to go through together.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Morning all!

My baby is going to Denver with his grandmother tomorrow. Going to be the first time he's ever been away from me...It's only for 4 days though!

Aawww....that's going to be tough but try to enjoy some 'me' time on those days at least!

You can go through the nationals line with your US passport once you marry.

Hey Jomo G! Miss you girl. I never knew this. Does your Ja SO have to be with you? Do you have to have your marriage certificate with you to prove it? Do they search you more, or can you bring more things in since you are now married to a Jamaican? Sorry for all the questions.

Good Morning Yardie ladies! Back to the doctor I go today.

I feel like they'll search you harder in JA when you arrive to check and see what you're bringing. Since I get searched every time anyway (I still don't get it....I can have one suitcase & one carryon and they STILL mess with me) I get to watch the hassle others go through. One JA woman was in line before me and we were griping together about how we have to go through this every time. Another couple really was bringing in a bunch of stuff and it seems like they were searched for forever! Every single thing they had was gone through.

Jawi, I hope the doctor visit is hopeful and full of good news today! Prayers for you sweet lady! (L)

hey sis; are you ready?

You know I am! :dance: I wish it were today but tomorrow will be here soon enough!

We have the wedding scheduled for June 27th. :dance:

EXCITING! Do you know what you're doing for the wedding? :dance:

You can go through the nationals line with your US passport once you marry.

Hey Jomo G! Miss you girl. I never knew this. Does your Ja SO have to be with you? Do you have to have your marriage certificate with you to prove it? Do they search you more, or can you bring more things in since you are now married to a Jamaican? Sorry for all the questions.

Good Morning

i found this in my email

Three Ladies in a Sauna

> THREE WOMEN, TWO YOUNGER, AND ONE SENIOR CITIZEN, WERE

> SITTING NAKED IN A SAUNA. >

> SUDDENLY THERE WAS A BEEPING SOUND. THE YOUNG WOMAN PRESSED

> HER FOREARM AND THE BEEP STOPPED.

> THE OTHERS LOOKED AT HER QUESTIONINGLY. 'THAT WAS MY

> PAGER,' SHE SAID. ‘I HAVE A MICROCHIP UNDER THE SKIN

> OF MY ARM,

> A FEW MINUTES LATER, A PHONE RANG. THE SECOND YOUNG WOMAN

> LIFTED HER PALM TO HER EAR. WHEN SHE FINISHED, SHE

> EXPLAINED, 'THAT WAS MY MOBILE PHONE.

I HAVE A

> MICROCHIP IN MY HAND.'

> THE OLDER WOMAN FELT VERY LOW-TECH. NOT TO BE OUT DONE,

> SHE DECIDED SHE HAD TO DO SOMETHING JUST AS IMPRES SIVE.

> SHE STEPPED OUT OF THE SAUNA AND WENT TO THE BATHROOM.

> SHE RETURNED WITH A PIECE OF TOILET PAPER HANGING FROM HER

> REAR END. THE OTHERS RAISED THEIR EYEBROWS AND STARED AT

> HER IN SHOCK.

> THE OLDER WOMAN FINALLY SAID.........’WELL, WILL YOU LOOK

> AT THAT! I'M GETTING A FAX!!’

IMG02755.jpgIMG02756.jpgIMG02757.jpgIMG02758.jpg

so how about black/white dishes for my mom for mother's day (5/10) to match her black/white kitchen?????

:rofl: Too funny! I would do a different contrasting color in the kitchen...like a yellow dish or brick red.

I stayed home today - although I have a conference call in 10 minutes that I can't skip :(

I was up choking most of the night - very scary when you are alone, I was about to call 911!

Hey Sus. So sorry you are suffering. I remember my sister having whopping cough and it was very scary to hear her cough. Our mother is a SEVERE chain smoker, so our coughs always sound like we are hacking out a lung. I wish I had a dainty sounding cough.

Good Morning Yardie ladies! Back to the doctor I go today.

jawi, I always go thru the national line, and no they do not search you more. No your husband does not need to be with you. Maybe I don't have an issue with this is because I give them a resident address, not a hotel name as to place where I will be staying. So I don't know how this will work if you give a Hotel name as the place you will be staying.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline

Yep Ells I have started making plans. I actually have the location reserved and now I am working on getting my dress and Marley's dress. I think the reception will be in my backyard.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Yep Ells I have started making plans. I actually have the location reserved and now I am working on getting my dress and Marley's dress. I think the reception will be in my backyard.

Where is the location?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Where is the location?

BUSCH STADIUM!!!!!!

Just messing with you...it is out in St. Peters actually at the RexPlex. They have a beautiful gazebo and setting there.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Where is the location?

BUSCH STADIUM!!!!!!

Just messing with you...it is out in St. Peters actually at the RexPlex. They have a beautiful gazebo and setting there.

Ha.....I was thinking Busch Stadium.

Oh cool. I know the place.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Evening ladies, my Boo has been doing his medical since 9am this morning and he is still there, he hasnt eaten all day and has a big headache. I feel so bad, they are just taking their sweet time :angry:

You have the interview date already?

If so, congrats?

Yes our date is the 27th of April I am leaving to JA on the 25th.

congrats!!! And I wish you all the best.

KK

Timeline

Guess Philly and Honey are too busy getting ready to come and chat with us today.

Have a good trip ladies and Philly can't wait to hear the good news of your approval!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Morning all!

My baby is going to Denver with his grandmother tomorrow. Going to be the first time he's ever been away from me...It's only for 4 days though!

Awww.. Jaengy - the way I get through my time without my children is to absorb myself in stuff that I wouldn't be able to do when I have them whether it be going out, sleeping in, running around the house naked with the music blasting.... You can also use it for extra special solo time with your son. I don't get to spend nearly as much time with my oldest as I do my youngest.

What's he doing in Denver?

I went to the dr yesterday so I am on antibiotics - hopefully they will kick in soon. I think I drank a half a bottle of niquil last night, lol

Jeez louise Sus - ya trying to kill yerself?? Hacking away but then getting yourself numb on Nyquil?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Where is the location?

BUSCH STADIUM!!!!!!

:rofl: Want to make sure JG can attend? :whistle:

Guess Philly and Honey are too busy getting ready to come and chat with us today.

Have a good trip ladies and Philly can't wait to hear the good news of your approval!

Ditto!! Philly I hope we won't have to wait 2 whole weeks till you get back to hear the news. Hopefully you have at least one yardie on your call list.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
man..i can't keep up anymore...

oonuh can chat eeh man!

JG..hows it going

Hi Kimmy. It's all good here.

I say the same thing. I'm not on enough anymore to keep up.

Hope all is well with you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GO STATE!!!!!!!

michiganstate.jpg

Sorry, Dillon.

Sorry but I forgot who asked the questions but here are some of the answers....

Yes Married on March 13th so I can get residency by marriage...thus I won't have to apply for an expensive azz work permit (just got increased to $1500.00US)

The free zone is an area in Mobay (and I beleive in Kingston) where US companies are able to have call centers/offices/factories where they don't have to go through the paperwork of being in a foreign country...that area was shown in great detail in the movie "life and debt" I am trying to line up the work prior to going but if I don't have anything YES I must have enough to live on....with his pay as well cause he HAS TO WORK!

Problem about working for a hotel is that the tourism industry had declined so much lately that many people are out of work...there is talk that Round Hill is going to close 3 months this summer....

Hoping not to have to get a co-sponser. Still checking this out but having a letter guarantee' my employment upon return...along with my assests...I hope we will be ok.....(crossing fingers)

Does anyone know about one way tickets and problems with immigration? I was trying to forgo having to buy open ended round trip tickets and just get one way now and then come august get one way back...I will have both by the time I leave but didn't know if immigration will cause a scene???

Thanks again for all the well wishes..... I need all the positive thoughts I can get!

So jamerican, this is a not a permanent move, you are only re-locating for next 4-6 months. Why do you think you won't need a work permit. My friend whose husband is working in Jamaica needed a work permit. You don't automatically get residency thru marriage. I though you had to apply and the reason why it would be granted is that you are married to a jamaican citizen.

You can just purchase a one-way ticket, they won't require you to have a round trip.

The move is for 6months-a year at the most. I am married to a Jamaican citizen thus can get residency by marriage...Staying at minimum of 6 months so we can apply for him to come here via the dcf route.

Marlita looked into that DCF and couldn't find a way to actually do it. Thought she said they stopped that.

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I only have 1 thing to say:

UNC TARHEELS ARE 2009 NCAA MEN'S CHAMPIONS!

Nothing else really matters...carry on! :lol:

Ha ha.....matters little to a baseball fan. But, congrats to you, Mrs. P!

JG,

I have researched it and have even spoken to the embassy....seems like it is still possible but I will contact Marlita to see what she found out because I am slowly finding out that I get 3 answers to every inquiry....GO FIGURE....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Jamerican, Marlita is the only person I know who actually looked into it on here. Others may know of someone else who has.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.