SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

ok yall, due to the snow my son had a day off from school, and so he is at home creating me a music mix to put on my MP3 player, i am supposed to call him and give him a playlist, and if i dont want it full of Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne and whatever else teenagers are listening too, i need some suggestions ...anyone have any good suggestions for a nice diverse collection?

Robin Thicke

Jennifer Hudson

Keri Hilson (hahahaha)

Luther Vandross

Jah Cure

Daville

just to name a few

KK - how was the concert last night?

Awesome

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I beleive.....the only way you can have/get a jamaican passport is if you become a citizen by marriage vs resident by marriage. There is more work involved with becoming a citizen...also, Jamaica is ok with dual citizenship but the US isn't so it is something that you don't want the US to know about....

The US has no problem with dual citizenship with Jamaicans.....

WOW thats good to know...I was advised differently....I didn't think the US allowed dual citizenship with anyone?? I guess that is another topic....lol

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

# The Constitution of the United States does not forbid dual citizenship. Indeed, the United States recognizes dual citizenship. This was decided in 1967 by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case of Afroyim v. Rusk 387 US.S. 253,67 S. Ct­1660; 18 L. Ed. 2d. 757, which decided that a US citizen did not lose his citizenship after foreign naturalization. Justice Black in writing for the majority of the Court said:

“We hold that the 154th Amendment was designed to, and does protect every citizen of this Nation against a Congressional forcible destruction of his citizenship, whatever his creed, color, or race. Our holding does no more than to give to this citizen that which is his own, a constitutional right to remain a citizen in a free country unless he voluntarily relinquishes that citizenship".

# A person who is born in the United States and becomes a citizen of the U.S. by birth, and who voluntarily becomes a citizen of another country and participates in that ­country's parliamentary elections, cannot be deprived of his U.S. citizenship as a result of such conduct.

# An Article "Questions and Answers on dual U.S/other citizenship" states in paragraph 2 that "The official U.S. State Department Policy on dual citizenship is that the United States does not favor it as a matter of policy because of various problems they feel it may cause, but the existence of dual citizenship is recognized in individual cases".

http://www.constitution-and-rights.com/dual-citizenship.html

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

# The Constitution of the United States does not forbid dual citizenship. Indeed, the United States recognizes dual citizenship. This was decided in 1967 by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case of Afroyim v. Rusk 387 US.S. 253,67 S. Ct­1660; 18 L. Ed. 2d. 757, which decided that a US citizen did not lose his citizenship after foreign naturalization. Justice Black in writing for the majority of the Court said:

“We hold that the 154th Amendment was designed to, and does protect every citizen of this Nation against a Congressional forcible destruction of his citizenship, whatever his creed, color, or race. Our holding does no more than to give to this citizen that which is his own, a constitutional right to remain a citizen in a free country unless he voluntarily relinquishes that citizenship".

# A person who is born in the United States and becomes a citizen of the U.S. by birth, and who voluntarily becomes a citizen of another country and participates in that ­country's parliamentary elections, cannot be deprived of his U.S. citizenship as a result of such conduct.

# An Article "Questions and Answers on dual U.S/other citizenship" states in paragraph 2 that "The official U.S. State Department Policy on dual citizenship is that the United States does not favor it as a matter of policy because of various problems they feel it may cause, but the existence of dual citizenship is recognized in individual cases".

http://www.constitution-and-rights.com/dual-citizenship.html

Good info JaEnglish.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One warm night in 1993, as he was walking along the road in Negril, a handsome soldier who booked a trip to Jamaica on the spur of ...

A year later, the green eyed girl and her two small sons came to the USA as the soldier's wife and family.

Today I photographed their first grandchild!!

I thought this was a joke and when I first read the bottom line, I thought, "That's a strange punchline." Then I read it again and realized.... :blush: It's a great story.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

One warm night in 1993, as he was walking along the road in Negril, a handsome soldier who booked a trip to Jamaica on the spur of ...

A year later, the green eyed girl and her two small sons came to the USA as the soldier's wife and family.

I thought this was a joke and when I first read the bottom line, I thought, "That's a strange punchline." Then I read it again and realized.... :blush: It's a great story.

LOL!

It is!!

I made her tell me it again and again lol....They went through stuff, they were probably one of the first mixed couples here where I live, so people weren't used to seeing a white man with a Jamaican wife...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I really enjoyed my Habib Koite show Friday night. If I was superwoman, I'd have brought them some home-cooked African food cause he mentioned that they're on the road eating a lot of cup-o-noodles.

Honey & Philly....I'm excited for you gals! :dance:

Sorry to hear about the troubles Ryon. Hope your dad can heal better now - that's traumatic.

Praying for you and your Dad here too Ryon's.

I found this link (posted by Marlita) in the Stella story, pt 1.

For those who haven't got to enjoy the sights: http://www.myspace.com/jamaicasfinestbods

Okay, those guys are hot but I'm sure some are of the 'batty' persuasion. And you know that those 'caribbean hotties' calendars are very popular with the gay population! In fact, that's usually why they make those calendars. Oh well, I still enjoyed the slideshow! :yes:

Does anyone else plan to buy a new mattress when their SO moves in? I'm thinking to get a new mattress right before Steven arrives so that he'll be the only man to have ever slept on it. I might finally spring for the Tempurpedic that I've wanted since I was young.

Hmmmmmmm, lemme tell you something about he tempurpedic. We have one. Lovely for sleeping.

HOWEVER, not good for other things (to me). Its like making whoopee in the sand. No bounce, you just sink in. Moving around takes three times the effort, if you know what I mean! A lot of work, with no help from the bed. Now girls, I know I am a lazy ######, but I like the spring of springs. I don't know. I never would have even thought about it, but now that I know, I will never get another one.

:rofl: Good to know....so much for the tempurpedic!

Since we're on the topic of arguments...

I WISH we argued more. Instead, whenever I try to have a discussion where we disagree on something, which Steven calls an argument, I tend to speak calmly & logically. He, though, acts like I'm breaking his heart by being displeased with something, and he immediately claims all blame and apologizes profusely. I'm like, it doesn't MATTER who is at fault. Let's get to the root of the issue. Therefore, I care less about hearing (or saying) "I'm sorry." I rather get to the root of the issue so we can grow in understanding of each other. But he's more into apologizing than understanding.

I think that will change as time goes on.

Girl you are not alone..... Michael is the same way....whenever I have an issue that is bothering me or when I voice my opinion about a situation he feels like we are arguing and starts saying he doesn't like it when I am mad or upset...which then makes me mad because I wasn't before.... UGHHHH...I know like you said this will change in time as I keep telling him that he better get used to me telling him how I feel about things and it will not always be flowers and sunshine....but I am not MAD when we discuss issues.....just want him to be aware of my opinion on things....does that make sense????

We're like that too....usually it's just me nagging him or venting some frustration that I'm having with things and him just taking it. I know I'm not perfect so it's not like I've never done anything to upset him but apparently it's just not enough to ever rile him up enough to have an argument with me. I'm also certain that there will come a day where I'll do something to get him mad enough to argue....I'm actually kinda looking forward to it! :whistle:

Dada, my youngest son is up with the birds, so i know private time is gonna be limited, he will be up like GOOD MORNING MOM, and hell if i roll over he is apt to be laying next to me, us...LMAO.. but momto2( tonya) is going also we are staying in the same villa and she is bringing her 10 yr old twins, so we figured we are gonna have to tag team out, with the kids to get any 1 on 1 time at all. My youngest is excited about being in the pool all day, its really funny cause he is lighter than me and his older brother but he tans really fast and you know how being in the water causes you to tan faster, well last summer, he got so dark you could only see his teeth, the top of his body was almost blue but the bottom part which was under water stayed normal so he looked really odd all summer, i imagine by the time we leave he will look odd again...

I think i will probably be drinking rum cream for breakfast by the second day of being there :)

:lol::lol: Poor kid!

Ryon/Val,

Glad to hear you dad is doing better. Im glad that your finding the book beneficial, as soon as i can remember the name of the other one i will post it. Yes, i to woke up to 6 inches of flippin snow on the ground, i was lIKE why me lord... anyhoo... i also have some issues with the net, so i have never been big about pushing it with D, he used to email me everyday or so and send a little handpecked out note, or we would get on webcam but lord it would take him so long to send back a response i would be in the camera about to have a fit...LOL.. i got sent an invite for Hi5 from a friend but when i realized it was yet another site like all the others i never went anywhere with it, no pics no info no nothing.

Glad you and Trevor had fun, this weekend.. i took my sons to see Monsters vs Aliens which was really good and really cute, until my teenager started calling me Galaxar which was one of the aliens in the movie.. since he knows im self conscious about my hair, my cornrows seem to accentuate my HEAD so he has been all jokes for the past two days.

Your son <------------ :bonk::bonk::yes::lol:

Hey Lawny

I wish they would do the “Nitebird” service from Philly Ughhhhh no one does Night flights from Philly :crying:

I would like an overnight flight from Houston, too. Continental has a direct flight, but it doesn't leave until after 9am. That means I don't get to Negril until 2:30 or 3:30 (depending on daylight savings time). If I took the whole day off from work, I don't want to not see my man until mid-afternoon!

At least you get in during the day! My flights always leave at 6:00 a.m. with a 4-5 hour layover in Miami and I don't even get to JA until about 10:00 that night! :wacko:

Timeline
Morning all..(waving)..sorry to hear some of you got snow....it was 77 degree's here yesterday and supposed to be just as nice today. The last few days have been lifechanging as I did make my decision to work towards moving to jamaica for 6-12 months. I was just at the point of starting the 1 year Massage program...(starts today) and was feeling torn and missing Michael like crazy....my job situation became less stable..thus the Visa Journey was looking a bit shakey...so, I mentioned to a friend in JA to look in her Yaad for a nice house to rent (Michael has a 1 bedroom) and she called the next day saying she was standing in MY HOUSE! Sooooooo I thought, and prayed, and asked peoples opinions.....I even had my taro cards read!!!! August 13th is the tentative date....I told my kids and my mom....My daughter (9) was way way too happy because she is a mini-me. My son (15)...not too happy and I have given him the chance to stay here with granny since he wasn't too crazy about JA from the last time I took him. My mom......well, didn't yall feel the earth move friday evening...cause she wasn't too happy about my news. Anyway....had my first sale of many on saturday....it was real last minute and only told friends and family....had 3 people show :( but got one month of rent put away!!!!Wish me luck yall' now off to get my brakes done......

WOW! That's exciting! This will be such an amazing experience.

then i went out and got in an agency car and spent about 10 minutes cleaning off the snow, i pull out and all the snow slides off the roof, blinding me, i then proceed to roll over a snow covered curb that i didnt see, cause my glasses are off, so i just said the hell with it, parked the car, decided no one is getting a home visit today, if your crazy your gonna have to stay crazy until tomorrow, and i brought my happy azz back in the building. :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good afternoon ladies.

Big A$$ SIGH

I wanna go back to Jamaica. :crying::crying:

Awwww Jawi....it'll happen one day....I know it's hard for you cause you really want to be there but can't travel right now. Still praying for your healing to happen fast! :luv:

BTW! Thanks for the quote about people from different cultures. I have always felt different. I did not fit in at home in Ghana bcos I was not born there (born in Germany), I do not fit in here because I have a "Jamaican accent" (everyone assumes I am from the Islands). I have not gone one day in my lifetime without one person asking me where I am from, regardless of what country I am visiting. Anyway, all I want to say is that people are people are people. Just let us be. I tell my daughter all the time that if you meet someone with a foreign accent--they speak one more language than you do and also understand your language. :unsure::unsure: I am sorry to get on a soap box. This is a sore subject for me.

That is so true and that's why I have a lot of respect for people from other places who can also speak English....that's a lot more than I can do!

Kashi has this terrible phobia of needles..he had his physical today and he called me every minute "kimmy, dem nah gimme no injection right?" hahahaa...i was like babe it's fine...only if ur getting a booster shot ....ahhaha that didn't help..

Aawww....poor Kashi! He can't even get a little coddle from ya! LOL! :lol:

A Jamaican man went to the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH) for medical treatment; he had both ears severely burnt.

Doctor: How did you get your ears so terribly burnt Sir?

Patient: Yuh si Docta, Mi didah rush fi go a Wuk, so mid didah hurry fi press mi shurt. When mi a press it, one eediot call mi pan mi cellphone, an insteada answer di phone, mi pick up de iron an' answa it.

Doctor: Ok Sir, I understand how one ear could be burnt, but I still cannot understand how you got both ears burnt

Patient: Di damn fool nuh go call mi back.

:rofl::rofl:

LOL yup a one way ticket I am not playing about returning with my Hubby :lol:

Wow about Tailor Made I never liked him for NY I knew that was a bust he was soft, Buddha was my choice of course. Have you seen him on Zane's Sex Chronicles the serious on Cinemax, absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! Once me and Hubby were watching at home on the late night and my eyes were bugged out of my head :rofl: you have to check that one out!

You go Philly! I think I'm gonna do the same thing when it's time for my mister to come back....just wait for that visa and bring him home with me. :yes:

I watched a little of that I love New York (?) show and HATED that guy! He was such a whiney azz baby! I couldn't believe he got picked over the other guy....that woman and the other guy with the big ego were PERFECT for eachother!

Awwww....I want to see the pictures! :innocent:

Hey Ells!!!

Okay so now I want some popcorn. :pop: My boss just popped some popcorn and I smell it over here.

Hi Kim!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Can anyone explain to me why I felt sick all day, went to the doctor, got medication, and cannot stop coughing since I got home? I wasn't coughing before I went to the dr!

I called DJ and had a coughing fit when he picked up - I finally gave up and hung up - he called back in a panic, and all I could wheeze out was "can't breathe, call you back" LOL - he was a little panicked by the time I called back

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Can anyone explain to me why I felt sick all day, went to the doctor, got medication, and cannot stop coughing since I got home? I wasn't coughing before I went to the dr!

I called DJ and had a coughing fit when he picked up - I finally gave up and hung up - he called back in a panic, and all I could wheeze out was "can't breathe, call you back" LOL - he was a little panicked by the time I called back

Sorry Sus! Do you have bronchitis or something else yucky? Do you have an inhaler or anything? Or is it just the post-nasal (sorry for TMI) drip irritating your throat? If it's the drip thing, drink a ton of water and that will ease it. Did they give you or recommend any cough medicine? Hope you feel a lot better tomorrow! Just take it easy tonight and rest yourself.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One warm night in 1993, as he was walking along the road in Negril, a handsome soldier who booked a trip to Jamaica on the spur of the moment was approached by a man on a scooter and asked if he wanted to buy some weed. He smiled and said no. The man then asked if he wanted anything else. Laughing, the young soldier said the only thing he wanted to be was as lucky to find such a beautiful girl as the man had on the back of the scooter. The man laughed and said that the woman was his cousin.

They rode off into the night.

Later on that night, the girl on the back of the scooter was partying at a bonfire night when she noticed a man staring at her. She danced, she walked around and the man would not take his eyes off her. So she walked up to him and asked him why he was staring at her. The soldier replied that it was her beautiful green eyes that entranced him. She laughed and went back to partying.

The next day, she was swimming and playing around with some friends and she saw the same soldier sitting on the beach. She smiled and went over to talk to him.

He asked her out on a date later that evening and they danced the whole night together.

He was leaving the next day, so took her address, she didn't have a phone.

A week later, a huge bunch of flowers was delivered and a few days after that, the letters started coming.

Two months later, she same home and the soldier was standing on her door....

A year later, the green eyed girl and the soldier went to the Embassy and she was turned down for a visitor's visa.

The only way she can visit you is if she was your wife the man at the desk said with a twinkle in his eyes.

So the soldier walked out of the Embassy and across the road into a jewellery store. He got down on one knee, not caring his white pants were on the floor and proposed on the spot.

Wow are you serious?? Such a beautiful story...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.