SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Taken from Embassy of Jamaica.org (washington, dc): Residency through Registration

Non-Jamaicans may be granted Jamaican Resident Status on application by virtue of marriage to Jamaican nationals. Hence, foreign spouses are required to register with the Ministry of National Security upon arrival in Jamaica, after which they will be allowed to reside permanently on the island.

This registration is also necessary so that the foreign spouse can be granted the Certificate of Exemption from Work Permit Requirements. In this connection, the couple is required to submit the following:

Official certificate of marriage - in cases of previous marriage(s), the official Decree(s) of Absolute will be required

Proof of Jamaican citizenship enjoyed by spouse, however acquired

Passport of both spouses

Passport-sized photographs of both; and

Signed declaration that both spouses share the same matrimonial home

Foreign spouses may not only register for permanent residence, but may do so for obtaining Jamaican citizenship/nationality. In this connection, it should be noted that Jamaica recognises dual citizenship/nationality and thus foreign spouses are allowed to retain their respective citizenship/nationality after acquiring that of Jamaica, if they so desire. A person may be granted naturalization after a minimum period of five (5) years residency in Jamaica on application following his/her residency through either visa or work permit application.A Jamaican passport or travel document may be issued on application to a non-Jamaican only after the person has obtained a Certificate of Registration or Naturalization from the appropriate authorities in Jamaica.

Permanent Residents are still required to be in possession of valid permits issued by the Ministry of Labour if they are engaged in gainful employment. However, they need not seek any further extension of stay, but must obtain a multiple reentry visa from the Immigration Officer prior to any overseas travel.All aliens over sixteen (16) years of age who expect to live in Jamaica for over six (6) months are required to register as aliens at a fee of J$1,000.00Permanent Resident Status may be withdrawn if it becomes necessary, at the discretion of the Minister.Please note: The granting of permanent residency does not automatically convey the right to work. A work permit is still required.

Approval is given by:

Ministry of National Security

Mutual Life Building, North Tower

2 Oxford Road, Kingston 10

Tel: (876) 906-4908-33

Fax: (876) 906-1724

Please be advised that the above is currently being updated by the Ministry of National Security. For further information, you may contact them directly.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

DC LADIES....here it is

~ SISTAHS GETTIN’ SEXY

SPRING BOOT CAMP ~

WORK OUT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

Train with DEVONNE

Let me help you achieve your health and fitness goals!

Working out in a small group can really boost your drive to accomplish your fitness goals!

• Lose Unwanted Pounds

• Strengthen & Tone Muscles

• Improve Abs/Core Strength

• Improve Flexibility

• Get Sexy for Yourself!

CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS

 B.S. in Kinesiology-Biophysics.

 NASM certified with emphasis on post-rehabilitation and injury prevention training.

 13 years of experience working with youth, athletes, seniors, sport-specific training, and rehabilitation.

 Over 10 years of experience in all areas of physical therapy.

Sistahs Gettin’ Sexy Spring Boot Camp

• Session start Tuesday, April 7th, 5:45 – 6:45 pm

• Classes held Tuesdays/Thursdays, 5:45 – 6:45 pm (no classes will be held Easter Week)

• $90 for 6 sessions (during the month of April); $120 for 8 sessions, ($5 discount per session) or $20 drop-in fee

• Location: The Center, 4321 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC

• 1½ blocks from the Tenleytown-AU Metro Station

Remember the key to establishing and sticking to an exercise program is a solid beginning!

Contact: Devonne Horsley (202) 210-8877 email: devonneh@hotmail.com

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK ladies...I gotta get movin...I've got to load up on some goodies and drinks before the game 2nite! Yall be good! :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dada, I will be there until the 27th - but from the 24th to the 27th we will be incommunicado, lol - The first part of the trip will be family / friend time - the second part we are hiding away somewhere -

I finally reached the office - They byatch said she never got a message from me - and she had left me one - where, I would like to know - no calls on my cell or work phone, which are the two #s I left -

Wait - how could she leave you a message if she never got your message?? :whistle:

That was exactly what I said - and I am home now, there is no message - So where did I leave my message, and who did she call in return??

:ot:

Has anyone who still has a spouse or SO ever planned a trip for them to go to the Bahamas? Do they still only require a passport? What else did they need? I thought about this b4 but we didn't make it...thinking about it again... :ot2:

They only require a passport - but also have to have proof of funds to support themselves while there - When DJ and I were going, I made sure he had copies of all the hotel reservations, etc... and planned to meet him at the airport so that they wouldn't cause a problem- someone said they want them to have $1000 US on them - Heck, I don't have that when I travel! DJ had his accident and I went to the Bahamas with my cousin - so I can't give you first hand experience, just what I learned - Might do it this year, but we'll see - I hate to plan anything that far ahead, didn't work so well in the past!

As for the Zane chronicles - I saw them - DJ was sleeping and I was flipping channels - and quickly woke him up, lol :devil:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Zane was at my church last year for a forum. First time she was asked to speak at a church. It all tie in together..and it wasn't like most people would have thought. Her father is a preacher so she grew up being a preacher's kid.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Taken from Embassy of Jamaica.org (washington, dc): Residency through Registration

Non-Jamaicans may be granted Jamaican Resident Status on application by virtue of marriage to Jamaican nationals. Hence, foreign spouses are required to register with the Ministry of National Security upon arrival in Jamaica, after which they will be allowed to reside permanently on the island.

This registration is also necessary so that the foreign spouse can be granted the Certificate of Exemption from Work Permit Requirements. In this connection, the couple is required to submit the following:

Foreign spouses may not only register for permanent residence, but may do so for obtaining Jamaican citizenship/nationality. In this connection, it should be noted that Jamaica recognises dual citizenship/nationality and thus foreign spouses are allowed to retain their respective citizenship/nationality after acquiring that of Jamaica, if they so desire. A person may be granted naturalization after a minimum period of five (5) years residency in Jamaica on application following his/her residency through either visa or work permit application.A Jamaican passport or travel document may be issued on application to a non-Jamaican only after the person has obtained a Certificate of Registration or Naturalization from the appropriate authorities in Jamaica....

So can you get a Jamaican passport once you've received permanent residence status, or do you have to wait for naturalization? I wonder if I can avoid the hassle at immigration if I get a JA passport after getting married.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

i have just returned from the mall, shopping for mother's day. i found Welcome to the Sacred Sisterhood of Wonderful Wacky Women and it reminded me of my VJ family, i think i will send it to Ryon's mom..... :innocent:

Their friendship is a Sacred Sisterhood........

A tapestry of joy one to another.

Through marrieages, children.

Triumphs and tradegies

They have leaned on each other.

Facing challenges together with

Empaathy, joy, sorrow.

And more than a few fits

Of irrepresssible laughter.

With hearts knit together in unity and love.

This friendship of wonderful wacky women

Is a blessing they will never take for granted.....

A sisterhood that will last forever

IMG02747.jpgIMG02748.jpgIMG02750.jpgIMG02749.jpg

love.jpg

Nat - I know what you mean. The jamaican line be shorter. I guess it's the same way coming back to the US...the US line is shorter sometimes.

I wonder what it would be like if I traveled with my husband back. Do you go together in Jamaican citizen line? Or separate?

Wait - when is mother's day?

One warm night in 1993, as he was walking along the road in Negril, a handsome soldier who booked a trip to Jamaica on the spur of the moment was approached by a man on a scooter and asked if he wanted to buy some weed. He smiled and said no. The man then asked if he wanted anything else. Laughing, the young soldier said the only thing he wanted to be was as lucky to find such a beautiful girl as the man had on the back of the scooter. The man laughed and said that the woman was his cousin.

They rode off into the night.

Later on that night, the girl on the back of the scooter was partying at a bonfire night when she noticed a man staring at her. She danced, she walked around and the man would not take his eyes off her. So she walked up to him and asked him why he was staring at her. The soldier replied that it was her beautiful green eyes that entranced him. She laughed and went back to partying.

The next day, she was swimming and playing around with some friends and she saw the same soldier sitting on the beach. She smiled and went over to talk to him.

He asked her out on a date later that evening and they danced the whole night together.

He was leaving the next day, so took her address, she didn't have a phone.

A week later, a huge bunch of flowers was delivered and a few days after that, the letters started coming.

Two months later, she same home and the soldier was standing on her door....

A year later, the green eyed girl and the soldier went to the Embassy and she was turned down for a visitor's visa.

The only way she can visit you is if she was your wife the man at the desk said with a twinkle in his eyes.

So the soldier walked out of the Embassy and across the road into a jewellery store. He got down on one knee, not caring his white pants were on the floor and proposed on the spot.

A year later, the green eyed girl and her two small sons came to the USA as the soldier's wife and family.

Today I photographed their first grandchild!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
ok yall, due to the snow my son had a day off from school, and so he is at home creating me a music mix to put on my MP3 player, i am supposed to call him and give him a playlist, and if i dont want it full of Soulja Boy and Lil Wayne and whatever else teenagers are listening too, i need some suggestions ...anyone have any good suggestions for a nice diverse collection?

Robin Thicke

Jennifer Hudson

Keri Hilson (hahahaha)

Luther Vandross

Jah Cure

Daville

just to name a few

KK - how was the concert last night?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
One warm night in 1993, as he was walking along the road in Negril, a handsome soldier who booked a trip to Jamaica on the spur of the moment was approached by a man on a scooter and asked if he wanted to buy some weed. He smiled and said no. The man then asked if he wanted anything else. Laughing, the young soldier said the only thing he wanted to be was as lucky to find such a beautiful girl as the man had on the back of the scooter. The man laughed and said that the woman was his cousin.

They rode off into the night.

Later on that night, the girl on the back of the scooter was partying at a bonfire night when she noticed a man staring at her. She danced, she walked around and the man would not take his eyes off her. So she walked up to him and asked him why he was staring at her. The soldier replied that it was her beautiful green eyes that entranced him. She laughed and went back to partying.

The next day, she was swimming and playing around with some friends and she saw the same soldier sitting on the beach. She smiled and went over to talk to him.

He asked her out on a date later that evening and they danced the whole night together.

He was leaving the next day, so took her address, she didn't have a phone.

A week later, a huge bunch of flowers was delivered and a few days after that, the letters started coming.

Two months later, she same home and the soldier was standing on her door....

A year later, the green eyed girl and the soldier went to the Embassy and she was turned down for a visitor's visa.

The only way she can visit you is if she was your wife the man at the desk said with a twinkle in his eyes.

So the soldier walked out of the Embassy and across the road into a jewellery store. He got down on one knee, not caring his white pants were on the floor and proposed on the spot.

A year later, the green eyed girl and her two small sons came to the USA as the soldier's wife and family.

Today I photographed their first grandchild!!

Oh, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That is beautiful JAEnglish!!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Foreign spouses may not only register for permanent residence, but may do so for obtaining Jamaican citizenship/nationality. In this connection, it should be noted that Jamaica recognises dual citizenship/nationality and thus foreign spouses are allowed to retain their respective citizenship/nationality after acquiring that of Jamaica, if they so desire. A person may be granted naturalization after a minimum period of five (5) years residency in Jamaica on application following his/her residency through either visa or work permit application.A Jamaican passport or travel document may be issued on application to a non-Jamaican only after the person has obtained a Certificate of Registration or Naturalization from the appropriate authorities in Jamaica....

So can you get a Jamaican passport once you've received permanent residence status, or do you have to wait for naturalization? I wonder if I can avoid the hassle at immigration if I get a JA passport after getting married.

I beleive.....the only way you can have/get a jamaican passport is if you become a citizen by marriage vs resident by marriage. There is more work involved with becoming a citizen...also, Jamaica is ok with dual citizenship but the US isn't so it is something that you don't want the US to know about....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

I beleive.....the only way you can have/get a jamaican passport is if you become a citizen by marriage vs resident by marriage. There is more work involved with becoming a citizen...also, Jamaica is ok with dual citizenship but the US isn't so it is something that you don't want the US to know about....

The US has no problem with dual citizenship with Jamaicans.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.