SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry but I forgot who asked the questions but here are some of the answers....

Yes Married on March 13th so I can get residency by marriage...thus I won't have to apply for an expensive azz work permit (just got increased to $1500.00US)

The free zone is an area in Mobay (and I beleive in Kingston) where US companies are able to have call centers/offices/factories where they don't have to go through the paperwork of being in a foreign country...that area was shown in great detail in the movie "life and debt" I am trying to line up the work prior to going but if I don't have anything YES I must have enough to live on....with his pay as well cause he HAS TO WORK!

Problem about working for a hotel is that the tourism industry had declined so much lately that many people are out of work...there is talk that Round Hill is going to close 3 months this summer....

Hoping not to have to get a co-sponser. Still checking this out but having a letter guarantee' my employment upon return...along with my assests...I hope we will be ok.....(crossing fingers)

Does anyone know about one way tickets and problems with immigration? I was trying to forgo having to buy open ended round trip tickets and just get one way now and then come august get one way back...I will have both by the time I leave but didn't know if immigration will cause a scene???

Thanks again for all the well wishes..... I need all the positive thoughts I can get!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

GO STATE!!!!!!!

michiganstate.jpg

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Yes Married on March 13th so I can get residency by marriage...thus I won't have to apply for an expensive azz work permit (just got increased to $1500.00US)

The free zone is an area in Mobay (and I beleive in Kingston) where US companies are able to have call centers/offices/factories where they don't have to go through the paperwork of being in a foreign country...that area was shown in great detail in the movie "life and debt" I am trying to line up the work prior to going but if I don't have anything YES I must have enough to live on....with his pay as well cause he HAS TO WORK!

Problem about working for a hotel is that the tourism industry had declined so much lately that many people are out of work...there is talk that Round Hill is going to close 3 months this summer....

Hoping not to have to get a co-sponser. Still checking this out but having a letter guarantee' my employment upon return...along with my assests...I hope we will be ok.....(crossing fingers)

Does anyone know about one way tickets and problems with immigration? I was trying to forgo having to buy open ended round trip tickets and just get one way now and then come august get one way back...I will have both by the time I leave but didn't know if immigration will cause a scene???

Thanks again for all the well wishes..... I need all the positive thoughts I can get!

So jamerican, this is a not a permanent move, you are only re-locating for next 4-6 months. Why do you think you won't need a work permit. My friend whose husband is working in Jamaica needed a work permit. You don't automatically get residency thru marriage. I though you had to apply and the reason why it would be granted is that you are married to a jamaican citizen.

You can just purchase a one-way ticket, they won't require you to have a round trip.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot:

GO TARHEELS!! GO TARHEELS! THERE'S NOTHIN LIKE THAT CAROLINA BLUE BABY! :P:dance::lol::dancing:

:ot2:

Ha ha....Mrs. P. You go girl.

Baseball starts here at 3:15 today. Nothing else matters to me. GO CARDS!!!!!

I was thinking about you when I was driving to work today and it was snowing! Have a great time at the game and GO Cards beat those Pirates!!!!!

Hey be easy.. I'm from Pittsburgh the home of the Pirates..

Mrs. Palmer you betta stay away from me den I do the Stanky Leg and I can do the Soulja Boy, My Dougie, Wipe me down you name I do it. Your only as old as you feel. While I'm doing the dances I feel young its the next day that gets me..lol

Timeline
LOL, I missed that about Tailor Made - yes, Dada - we want the inside scoop - Personally, I always thought he was a batti boi

Philly what you bought a one way ticket?? Wow yuh crazy girl.... Go get your man. You make me think of the Color Purple. “ Nothing but God is going to keep me from him!!”

Jamerican Good Luck to you. I memba I was researching this option. I wish you nothing but the best because if I could pull it off I would do it too and I was looing to move August of last year. I was out of here!!! To live in JA for a year man I would be gone with the quickness!!!

Well ladies I met Tailor Made (George) many years ago when my sis who lives in Queens NY brought him to Pittsburgh to meet the family. By this time Aja (his daughter) was already born. George is a big softie he idled the ground my sister walked on and I think she needed more of a roughneck because he got on her last nerves but when she finally broke up with him she regretted it. She said she never knew how much he took care of her. I will say he is serious about taking care of his daughter. He still pays my sisters rent and all. My sister said she was leaving NY for NC and he told her is she stays put he'll pay her rent. This was way before the show.

Well get this me and my sister don’t speak as much as I would like. We have the same father different mothers so I don’t have the inside scoop (sorry). I found out about him being on the show from my kids. I was watching I Love New York 2 and I didn’t even know it was him. My kids were like, “Mom isn’t that Aja’s dad.” I was like no but I ended up texting my sis like hey is this Aja's dad and she text me back like yes am I embarrassed or what?? Every time the show comes on and he gets punked I send her little text messages messing with her. She is so embarrassed but the only time I knew something early was about him and New York breaking up before they actually did. She told me before the show aired that they had broken up. Do any of those relationships last? To me they are only for tv

LOL yup a one way ticket I am not playing about returning with my Hubby :lol:

Wow about Tailor Made I never liked him for NY I knew that was a bust he was soft, Buddha was my choice of course. Have you seen him on Zane's Sex Chronicles the serious on Cinemax, absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! Once me and Hubby were watching at home on the late night and my eyes were bugged out of my head :rofl: you have to check that one out!

I love that show!!! before going to jamaica I was trying to find out if it was on video for Michael to see it but couldn't then in the hotel we were laying getting ready to go to bed and BAM....it was on!!! I was like....heeeeeeyyyyy...

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
MrsP and ryon, sorry i cant fit either one of yall in my checked bags but whoever is double jointed could probably fit in my carry on...LOL

wait, i think i can still put my foot behind my head :rofl:

Show Off! LOL

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LOL yup a one way ticket I am not playing about returning with my Hubby :lol:

Wow about Tailor Made I never liked him for NY I knew that was a bust he was soft, Buddha was my choice of course. Have you seen him on Zane's Sex Chronicles the serious on Cinemax, absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS! Once me and Hubby were watching at home on the late night and my eyes were bugged out of my head :rofl: you have to check that one out!

Note to self...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jams,

I found this and the Free Zones are JA Gov't owned!

This site is a company that utilizes the FZ. It's a start!

http://www.kishtpc.com/Free-En/free_jamaica.htm

Wait...then I found this:

http://www.pajfz.com/administration.html

Good luck Chica...hope this helps!

Gill

Edited by Forever Young

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

So jamerican, this is a not a permanent move, you are only re-locating for next 4-6 months. Why do you think you won't need a work permit. My friend whose husband is working in Jamaica needed a work permit. You don't automatically get residency thru marriage. I though you had to apply and the reason why it would be granted is that you are married to a jamaican citizen.

You can just purchase a one-way ticket, they won't require you to have a round trip.

The move is for 6months-a year at the most. I am married to a Jamaican citizen thus can get residency by marriage...Staying at minimum of 6 months so we can apply for him to come here via the dcf route.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DILLON<--------- :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

I thought that would get you!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

The move is for 6months-a year at the most. I am married to a Jamaican citizen thus can get residency by marriage...Staying at minimum of 6 months so we can apply for him to come here via the dcf route.

Jamerican residency doesn't grant you permission to work, in my research I found that you had to apply for residency.

Timeline

Taken from Embassy of Jamaica.org (washington, dc): Residency through Registration

Non-Jamaicans may be granted Jamaican Resident Status on application by virtue of marriage to Jamaican nationals. Hence, foreign spouses are required to register with the Ministry of National Security upon arrival in Jamaica, after which they will be allowed to reside permanently on the island.

This registration is also necessary so that the foreign spouse can be granted the Certificate of Exemption from Work Permit Requirements. In this connection, the couple is required to submit the following:

Official certificate of marriage - in cases of previous marriage(s), the official Decree(s) of Absolute will be required

Proof of Jamaican citizenship enjoyed by spouse, however acquired

Passport of both spouses

Passport-sized photographs of both; and

Signed declaration that both spouses share the same matrimonial home

Foreign spouses may not only register for permanent residence, but may do so for obtaining Jamaican citizenship/nationality. In this connection, it should be noted that Jamaica recognises dual citizenship/nationality and thus foreign spouses are allowed to retain their respective citizenship/nationality after acquiring that of Jamaica, if they so desire. A person may be granted naturalization after a minimum period of five (5) years residency in Jamaica on application following his/her residency through either visa or work permit application.A Jamaican passport or travel document may be issued on application to a non-Jamaican only after the person has obtained a Certificate of Registration or Naturalization from the appropriate authorities in Jamaica.

Permanent Residents are still required to be in possession of valid permits issued by the Ministry of Labour if they are engaged in gainful employment. However, they need not seek any further extension of stay, but must obtain a multiple reentry visa from the Immigration Officer prior to any overseas travel.All aliens over sixteen (16) years of age who expect to live in Jamaica for over six (6) months are required to register as aliens at a fee of J$1,000.00Permanent Resident Status may be withdrawn if it becomes necessary, at the discretion of the Minister.Please note: The granting of permanent residency does not automatically convey the right to work. A work permit is still required.

Approval is given by:

Ministry of National Security

Mutual Life Building, North Tower

2 Oxford Road, Kingston 10

Tel: (876) 906-4908-33

Fax: (876) 906-1724

Please be advised that the above is currently being updated by the Ministry of National Security. For further information, you may contact them directly.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Everyone should see this documentary! It is an eye-opener.

Best Wishes Jamerican on your new endeavor. I am so jealous. I know of a company that does calls for Medicare that is based in Kingston's free zone. If you need the name, I can call my friend and ask. He works for them. Good Luck!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Jams,

I found this and the Free Zones are JA Gov't owned!

This site is a company that utilizes the FZ. It's a start!

http://www.kishtpc.com/Free-En/free_jamaica.htm

Wait...then I found this:

http://www.pajfz.com/administration.html

Good luck Chica...hope this helps!

Gill

Thanks Gill...luv ya!

Visa Journey

Service Center :

NVC JOURNEY

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.