5,386 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Lawny

I wish they would do the “Nitebird” service from Philly Ughhhhh no one does Night flights from Philly :crying:

I would like an overnight flight from Houston, too. Continental has a direct flight, but it doesn't leave until after 9am. That means I don't get to Negril until 2:30 or 3:30 (depending on daylight savings time). If I took the whole day off from work, I don't want to not see my man until mid-afternoon!

Dada. im not a huge fan of the falls, that ish is tiresome and my azz is getting old, ive done it twice already but i guess since it is a must do for JA< i will take the kids, so they can have the experience

In 7 trips, I've not gone to any of the waterfalls. My cousin tells me how beautiful they are, but the drive to/from the waterfall locations is too long for my taste, considering my trips to Jamaica tend to be short. Maybe on the way from Kingston to Negril (after my SO's interview), I can stop at a 'fall.

Oh. Marlita said hi to everyone.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

okay, i believe today i have mentally checked out, because i am finding it extremely difficult to get any work done, or even start any work for that matter.

but i know by thursday of next week im gonna be depressed. :( after returning back to the states

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny i think i will be there the same time as you in July, im going back July 2nd thru the 6th

JA you be serious. What are you on a every two month ting.... And yes I'm hating..LOL

I was thinking about going back in August for the ATI week. But I will get my rass kicked fi sure. My girls are going to Puerto Rico for 4th of July weekend and if I don't go with them but go to JA I will NEVER and I mean EVER hear the end of it. I already missed the last girls trip if i miss another one I'm in hot water fi true but who wants to hang out with their girls if they have a chance to go to JA and see their man?? But they won't understand... :(

Yep...@ DaDa, i was telling D, i didnt like my hair and was on my way to Wal-Mart to buy Bandanna's to cover up the top half, so i guess i will be a damn pirate for the rest of the week...LOL

Island, tell A, i said hello.

I bet your hair isnt even that bad...

Timeline

Dada, i try to go every three months, my family reunion is this year on 4th of July weekend but they didnt charge reunion fees this year, which nomally covers meals and stuff.. well this year they want to have it back where my grandma was born in BUGTUSSLE, Mississippi, first i considered driving, which would be 14 hours if i drove straight thru RIGHT, then i said ok if i fly that is 3 plane tickets to MS, which i priced and were more than my tix to JA!!! i would have to fly into JACKSON, then rent a car and drive to Louisville, MS, they are having it on some campground this year cause they want to go back to nature i guess, Louisville is a hour drive from Jackson so i factor in rental car cost and gas, THEN i have to pay for this camp cabin for 3 nights, not to mention they want to have a seafood buffet at some restaurant at 22 dollars a head, and that is only one meal, so factoring in all of the expense for me and my sons, plane tickets, gas, food, hotel stays, ITS cheaper to go to JA, and stay in the yaad.

Timeline
okay, i believe today i have mentally checked out, because i am finding it extremely difficult to get any work done, or even start any work for that matter.

but i know by thursday of next week im gonna be depressed. :( after returning back to the states

Isnt it crazy its like whe you go you LOVE seeing that airport and then when its time to come back home your like dang could you drive any faster.. My SO lives close to the airport so I be so happy when I walk out but for the rest of the trip everytime we past the airport my heart beats faster like uh oh I'll be back at the aiport soon. I tell you my drive to the airport when I'm leaving is the longest one in life. I be wanting to run out the car like No I'm not going. You know sing some J. Hudson Like I'm staying.. I'm staying..... LOL

Question. When you arrive at the Mobay airport do you dread walking out of it?? I mean everytime its time for me to walk through those doors I know I'm about to be mobbed so I always hold my breath and look for my SO because IF he's on time he likes to sit back and laugh at me getting mobbed. I told him alright now one day when I leave wid one of the mobsters don't say anything...

Good Morning Everyone!

Have fun on your trip Honey...can't wait to hear about it when you come back!

Philly - I know you are so excited and I am sure he will get his passport back in time for him to come home with you. Good Luck!

Thanks Dillon, I am excited :dance: apparently my Hubby is too, he is calling me literally every 10 minutes haaaa

Thanks Justicia ( Hugs)

HI Island

We go to Hellshire Beach in Kingston but I love the spring at Caymanas park I can lay in that water all day

Edited by phillyfashionista

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

I am going back May 19th - which can't come soon enough!

I am still waiting for the bloodclaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat dr.'s office to call me back - I called again and was told she was on another call and would have to get back to me - #######??? Then when I said I have NEVER ever had this when I called for an appt bc I am sick, she basically told me that I lie - I already don't feel well - now you want to piss me off?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For everyone leaving for JA this week (and before I go back) :ranting::bonk:

Just kidding :lol: safe travels and have fun. My trip is taking forever to come around *sigh*

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sunny i think i will be there the same time as you in July, im going back July 2nd thru the 6th

Cool, my plans are to go on 7/3 or 7/4. That would be nice, so we can hang out again. lol NOT AT SHADES THOUGH!!!! :blush:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Dada, i try to go every three months, my family reunion is this year on 4th of July weekend but they didnt charge reunion fees this year, which nomally covers meals and stuff.. well this year they want to have it back where my grandma was born in BUGTUSSLE, Mississippi, first i considered driving, which would be 14 hours if i drove straight thru RIGHT, then i said ok if i fly that is 3 plane tickets to MS, which i priced and were more than my tix to JA!!! i would have to fly into JACKSON, then rent a car and drive to Louisville, MS, they are having it on some campground this year cause they want to go back to nature i guess, Louisville is a hour drive from Jackson so i factor in rental car cost and gas, THEN i have to pay for this camp cabin for 3 nights, not to mention they want to have a seafood buffet at some restaurant at 22 dollars a head, and that is only one meal, so factoring in all of the expense for me and my sons, plane tickets, gas, food, hotel stays, ITS cheaper to go to JA, and stay in the yaad.

I have a sneaky feeling it didn’t take a lot for you to come up with this decision...lol

Philly it sounds like you are ready to go. So see I'm not the only one with a digicel?? My SO thought I was crazy when I bought one but it’s a good way for the family to reach you and plus I have friends in JA besides you dude and then when we aren’t together its a good way for you to reach me. I love my phone it also plays the local radio stations. I be jamming sometimes..

Philly sounds like you are fresh to death!! I'm glad you were able to get everything done. Next time I go I was thinking about getting a wrap with the bang n the front but it has to be done right or else your bang will look stupid. I HATE my forehead. Its so big to me so this time I want to cover it. But then I'm worried about it being too hot on my head once I get there.

Honey I know what its like not to have your hair not turn out right. In Nov I had the same issue and I was in tears. The girl braided my hair but it wasn't full enough. My parts were to big.. Someone at work helped me style it a certain type of way that was passable but still its like your hair is your all. When you don’t like it, it throws everything off.

Hy DaDa LOL @ fresh to death I haven't heard that one in a minute :D Yeah girl I have to have my phone so my fam can reach when I touch down, I was finally able to top up so 1 less thing to do on my list!

Girl I'm sure the wrap will look nice I love the bangs they are very in right now!

****ROC VSC****

Timeline
I am going back May 19th - which can't come soon enough!

I am still waiting for the bloodclaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat dr.'s office to call me back - I called again and was told she was on another call and would have to get back to me - #######??? Then when I said I have NEVER ever had this when I called for an appt bc I am sick, she basically told me that I lie - I already don't feel well - now you want to piss me off?

How long are you staying Sus?? I'll be there on the 24th. I think...

Ahh I hope you feel better soon. I cannot believe that its taking that long to speak to someone. By the time someone gets on the phone if you need to be seen the same day they’ll try to tell you all the appts are filled. That is crazy!!

Hey Philly its just dawned on me. If you took 3 suitcases for a weekend trip oh my goodness how many are you taking for two weeks?? Wait don't answer I'm scared to ask..

Do you have all your shows DVR for the next two weeks? I feel bad last time I went I was recording so many shows no one could watch tv. My son was telling my sitter wait don’t change that channel cuz you know with Comcast you can only record two things at once and then you have to watch one of the channels. I can't wait to see I Love Money 2 tonight. Can you believe Taylor Made is the father if my niece. When I first seen him n I Love New York I was too through but I have grown to like him. Anyone watch For the Love of Ray J? I think the season finale is tonight but I'm not sure. I look forward to Monday and Thursdays night. What a life… lol

Edited by DaDa

Timeline

Jonesie when are you going again?

Sunny, i will never in life set foot in SHADES again...LOL

Dada, actually i was planning on the reunion, looking forward to it but its gonna be too expensive, though your right my vote is a little biased, but hell sometimes i want to go somewhere other than JA...LOL

LOL me too, last week I put myself on VJ punishment so I could get some work done, but I missed you guys haaa. Now I am like I can't concentrate at all I like you say have physically checked out :whistle:

Oh I know what you mean about being depressed when you return, because when you come back to reality it's an eye opener and all the stress is right here waiting for us :crying: !

****ROC VSC****

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.