SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!

I don't feel like doing my usual super quoting today so I'm just gonna do a catch-all. For those who have good news, congrats and/or I'm wishing you the best. For those going through some struggles, I'm keeping you in my prayers. :luv:

I feel the same way. Everytime I come back from JA and being in a super neat house I come home and try to make my house neat. I've come to realize though that I just have too much junk. It all must go before my SO comes

You and me, both. I was realizing the other day that my one bedroom apt is COMPLETELY full. No spare closet space, drawers, anything. But we'll need to continue living here at least until my lease expires.... so I'm going to have to get rid of the boxes (that I hold just knowing ONE day I'll need), clothes that don't fit (that I keep thinking will one day fit), and other misc junk to make room for Steven.

He seems to think that he will come here with nothing, saying he won't bring his faded clothes from Jamaica. Meanwhile I'm thinking, Does he think he's gonna get an ENTIRE new wardrobe the day he gets here? :blink:

Does anyone else plan to buy a new mattress when their SO moves in? I'm thinking to get a new mattress right before Steven arrives so that he'll be the only man to have ever slept on it. I might finally spring for the Tempurpedic that I've wanted since I was young.

OMG Nat....this entire thing that you wrote is like I wrote it! So much extra junk to get rid of and just face the music and realize that having him here with me is more important than hanging on to stuff that I haven't used in forever and probably won't.

My SO also thinks he can fit all his possessions into a carry-on size suitcase. I tell him, "NO baby, you are going to need the big one. You really have more clothes than that and you'll need them cause the only thing I'll be buying you right away is WARM clothes."

I also will be wanting a new mattress but it will have to wait until after he's here. It is worn out though cause I tend to sleep towards the middle and that's where it sags....plus it's only a full size and I want to go up at least one more size so if we need some sleep space, we don't have to be breathing in eachother's faces all the time. :lol: In fact, my Mom said she might help me with that as sort of a wedding present! :dance:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hi Ells- are you going to email the Embassy next week for an interview date?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Hi Ells- are you going to email the Embassy next week for an interview date?

Actually, I already did e-mail them. My mister has me a little confused regarding the directions the man he dropped off the form to gave him. He's trying to tell me that the guy gave him ANOTHER copy of the DS-230 to fax to me in order to get an interview date. I think there was a miscommunication somewhere.

So today I just e-mailed them asking if they did in fact receive his part I of the form and if there's anything else I need to do other than wait for an interview date. I also requested that if it will be under review and we just wait now, to please give us a date AFTER May 21st. The semester will be finished on the 20th so I can go after that. We'll see next week what they say about all that.

So are you going to your friend's party tonight? I think you should....in a way, it's almost like a bachelorette party for you too because you're no longer going to be a woman on your own! :dance:

Timeline

I just bought new mattresses (hoping that they would help with my neck)...didn't think about A being the first man to sleep on them. Good point. I really wish I could afford the Tempurpedic mattresses or even the Sleep Number bed. The entry level ones start at $2500. I will probably get one later when I don't have to worry about devoting $$ to the government for this process.

Have you guys also thought about whether your SO will find your new mattresses comfortable? The good thing about me and A is that we both like the same type of mattress Super Firm Plush. His mattress in Jamaica was the absolute best mattress I have ever slept on. I came pretty close to it with the new mattress...so I think he will be happy. I know I love it. I have to climb up in my bed now.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

I'd like to get a good mattress too since I have chronic lower back problems but it may have to be mid-range until we can afford better as well. Considering my SO can sleep on the hard floor in relative comfort, I'm not too worried about what he likes...I'm not even sure he knows! LOL

Timeline
I'd like to get a good mattress too since I have chronic lower back problems but it may have to be mid-range until we can afford better as well. Considering my SO can sleep on the hard floor in relative comfort, I'm not too worried about what he likes...I'm not even sure he knows! LOL

That's funny. I asked Steven a while ago if he had a preference as to the type of mattress (hard vs soft) and he didn't. Women seem to be fussier anyway, so I'll just go with what I like.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

I just saw my honey on the realnegril.com live web cast. It's our little way of connecting but I guess it's more for me since he can't see me but I can see him. He was at 3 Dives this afternoon and called me to say look on the internet camera to see him. Then we talked for a few minutes while I got to look at my baby! :wub:

Timeline

Yeah, it's kinda cool. Too bad other 'tourism promoters' don't do the same thing around other parts of the island. They go to a different place each day and you can just gaze out and pretend you're there!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
well we will keep praying that you get some good news.

I am not quite ready. We are about to go to the mall, I haven't been shopping in forever. I lost 15lbs and cant seem to gain it back, didnt want to shop until I do. But I cant go to work with my clothes falling off.

that's how i feel Ken...but i need to get myself some new stuff..so i did...:) when mi lose di weight..mi wi tek dem in..lol

Yep, I have no taking in to do. I try to buy 4 so when I gain weight that it will fit, but they just look like I am wearing someone elses clothes.

well we will keep praying that you get some good news.

I am not quite ready. We are about to go to the mall, I haven't been shopping in forever. I lost 15lbs and cant seem to gain it back, didnt want to shop until I do. But I cant go to work with my clothes falling off.

PortlandAngel, good luck on your job Monday morning.

Thanks Rox, I hope you get your approval soon!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah, it's kinda cool. Too bad other 'tourism promoters' don't do the same thing around other parts of the island. They go to a different place each day and you can just gaze out and pretend you're there!

Yea I went to it and was soooo wishing that I was THERE! I don't know if I could handle seeing my man too. I think I would be trying to grab him through the computer screen or else getting on the next plane to JA.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He seems to think that he will come here with nothing, saying he won't bring his faded clothes from Jamaica. Meanwhile I'm thinking, Does he think he's gonna get an ENTIRE new wardrobe the day he gets here? :blink:

Anthony used to say the same thing. I told him he would look really good wearing my clothes! He has since changed his mind.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just saw my honey on the realnegril.com live web cast. It's our little way of connecting but I guess it's more for me since he can't see me but I can see him. He was at 3 Dives this afternoon and called me to say look on the internet camera to see him. Then we talked for a few minutes while I got to look at my baby! :wub:

That's awesome Ells!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.