SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies, I am celebrating today because I got my interview date!!! For all of you that still waiting let me tell you, Harass the heck out of the embassy. I was emailing them everyday because I wanted an interview in early May and guess what I got one April 27th at 7:30am. :dance::dance: I am going to Jamaica in three weeks :dancing::dancing:

Awesome...great news!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello Yardies, I am celebrating today because I got my interview date!!! For all of you that still waiting let me tell you, Harass the heck out of the embassy. I was emailing them everyday because I wanted an interview in early May and guess what I got one April 27th at 7:30am. :dance::dance: I am going to Jamaica in three weeks :dancing::dancing:

Congrats luv, He will be here by May, Now you have to hurry and get the Medical done ASAP.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

Congrats luv, He will be here by May, Now you have to hurry and get the Medical done ASAP.

Thank You, he is going on Monday to do the medical and police record

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Wow good things are happening in Orlando today!! Congrats!!!! I'm celebrating too!!

Hey Ladies,

I am finally going home been at work 12 hours Ughhhh!! Have so much to take care of before I leave because no one here does what I do and they will all be looking at my desk like :blink: if someone needs to follow up on somethign while I'm away. I just told them to call me on my JA # LMAO we will see if anyone actually attempts to do this ha!

Congrats SUS I know you got it!

Congrats Lovesponge that is sooooooooooooo wonderful, you are almost there :dance:

Ok I'm out have to try and make it back to Philly ( I work in NJ) before Greys Anatomy and Stella! LOL

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Wow good things are happening in Orlando today!! Congrats!!!! I'm celebrating too!!

Congrats Thompson, Next step NVC. where in Orlando you live?

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline
Congrats Lovesponge!

So, - what do you all think of this?

http://www.negrilstories.ca/index.php?pr=The_Rasta_Shuffle

That's an interesting story Sus. It really upsets me that this is happening. It's really modern day, legal slavery. I don't know why the govt. doesn't raise the minimum wage and wake the hotels pay the workers more. The hotels are making so much. It's not like they would leave. I think it comes down to the govt. just wanting the hotel's tax money and not caring about it's people. It's really sad to me. I hate that these huge AI comes from other countries and are using Jamaica's beauty and resources and doing it by treating Jamaicans so poorly. Without the Jamaican workers the AI's wouldn't be able to run.

Timeline

Thanks! I'm on the east side in Waterford Lakes. How about you? I didn't even realize anyone else was from Orlando until tonight. Your interview is soon!! Where in Jamaica is your SO?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations, Brooke! I check Igor's List more often than I check this, so I was quite excited to see your approval. I know you must be ecstatic! Do you have the stuff ready for Packet 3? I was on the phone with Steven when I saw your approval, and told him that ours might just happen within the next two weeks!

Thanks! I don't have anything ready I was just going to fill out the DS 230. I'm going to plan to be there on his drop-off date so he will have a car to go in and then have him do his police certificate that day too. Besides preparing everything for the interview and getting a drop-off appt is there anything I'm missing?

I hope you guys don't even have to wait 2 weeks!

Passport, DS156, DS156k, DS157, medical history form, No impediment to marriage form, immunization record, vaccinations (if you choose to take them in advance of the medical exam), proof of ongoing relationship

Optional, but useful: high school diploma/certificate, letter of recommendation from employer

Congrats Lovesponge!

So, - what do you all think of this?

http://www.negrilstories.ca/index.php?pr=The_Rasta_Shuffle

I read the whole article... except for some skipping over the repetitive depressing numbers. I feel so sad and powerless when I read stuff like this. What can I do to help the situation? Giving individuals money (buying stuff I don't need) isn't helping longterm. But I will say the article caused me to think about the AIs differently. I'd never considered how much they take in, compared to the poverty of the locals. Makes me not want to recommend AIs to anyone anymore.

Once I figure out which of Steven's 3 chips can be topped up today so we can talk, I'll discuss this with him. Perhaps being on the inside, our SOs may have ideas on how to "save" Negril.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Passport, DS156, DS156k, DS157, medical history form, No impediment to marriage form, immunization record, vaccinations (if you choose to take them in advance of the medical exam), proof of ongoing relationship

Optional, but useful: high school diploma/certificate, letter of recommendation from employer

Wow Nat you've got it down! Thanks!! You're NOA2 needs to come now..you are ready!! Thanks to Island Woman I have a copy of packet 3. I looked it over, but now I need to be serious.

Timeline

Thanks! I'm on the east side in Waterford Lakes. How about you? I didn't even realize anyone else was from Orlando until tonight. Your interview is soon!! Where in Jamaica is your SO?

I am in South Orlando, in Hunters Creek area near Kissimmee. My SO lives in Portland. I didnt realize it either until you said it. :star:

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

I am in South Orlando, in Hunters Creek area near Kissimmee. My SO lives in Portland. I didnt realize it either until you said it. :star:

Oh we aren't too far away! My SO is in Mobay. I still can't believe we both got good news on the same day!

Nat your NOA2 soon come. I just got the long awaited email that mine has been approved and I got my NOA1 just 12 days before you!

Congrats!!!!

Congrats!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well this is the greatest day you could have ever got so I know its going to go well!!! This is my godsons birthday the one I just took to JA with me and my son for my birthday lol. Congrats!!!!

Timeline

Hello Yardies !! I feel so out of the loop ..

Lovesponge: : Congrats Girl !! i know your so Happy ..and i"m so happy for u !!

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.