SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for the well wishes! JaE you look great in both pics...the 2nd pic is what I remember you like when I met you.

Hey jawi876, the Lord will not put on us more than we can bear. I remembered last September on my way to church when I started asking God why he thought that I could possible bear seeing my husband so sick - unable to walk, throwing up, losing weight, extremely fatigued, unable to eat, critically dehydrated, in pain 24 hrs etc. I started to ask God why did he bless me with such a wonderful man and then seemingly allow the devil to have full reign to curse us. Feeling cheated I vented to a couple of friends and sat down in church fuming and was too sad to even praise God during worship session because his words to me about "all things working together for the good of the that love the Lord..." didn't look very good to me. As the pastor spoke he looked straight at me and said "The Lord wants you to be still and know that he is God" The words hit me to my very core and I felt a release and a joy within. It was then that I knew that God wanted me to know that he is taking care of everything.

As the days passed by Stan got seemingly worse but my faith increased and I spoke positively to the situation. God had shown me that he is with us regardless of what we see, hear or feel and I was not going to let go of that reality. Did we have days when the look in the doctor's eyes said "we can't do more right now and we don't know the answers? Yes we did, but I told him that he is going to be shocked at the turn around and on Monday we saw him smile, scratched his head and said "you like to scare us right Mr. Clay? We do all these test and all your organs are fine." That is God's words coming to pass. When I was couldn't walk because I was almost dying due of the cancer and had to get 10 bags of blood, God told me to hold firmly to His promises and he gave me Acts 28:18 "who when they have examined me would have let me go because there was no cause of death in me." I lived to hear the doctors exclaiming at my rapid healing and calling all the doctors to come and see my healing process. One just stood and kept saying "OH MY GOD" over and over and over.

Anyway that is a little tid-bit of our testimony. The bible says in the book of Jeremiah that God desire is to heal us and to cure us and it surely is. Hold on my dear. He doesn't slumber nor sleep. Blessings to you and yours and I will pray for your total healing and quick recovery. Peace be unto you.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats JA English on the weight loss, I lost 60lbs last year then gained back 19 and I just got back on the ball and lost 14 lbs but exercise and no carbs is the key for me. :star: its an eternal journey, keep up the good work!

Girl, I feel like completely differnt PERSON!!

This is me last MAY 2008

loll.jpg

This was day before yesterday

DSC_1898-1.jpg

Wow JaEnglish! You look FABULOUS! And I can see how much that adorable baby looks like you in those pics!

JaEnglish, why are you shocking me???? Listen man, I am going to work out like crazy. You are a great motivator. A picture is really worth a thousand words. Great job :thumbs:

Thank you!!!

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

Hello everyone....gotta catch up been away from a computer since page 266....and that was only yesterday DAMN YALL CAN CHAT!!! :D I have a frustrating JA story that I know most if not all can identify with.... I will tell it...then go and try and catch up on all the happenings......

Monday Michael woke to a toothache....nothing much so said he would go in on Friday to get it pulled or filled since that is his payday. I told him to take a couple "tablets" I brought down...he not being used to popping pills was hesitant but took them haneway...lol..... as the day went on his texts became more and more urgent and stressed...with the last of multiple ones stating ... I THINK I AM DYING......I think back now and laugh but then I wasn't sure what to do....ok, in my mind I just married a weak likkle man who can't handle a toothache or he really is DYING from an infected tooth that has gone wild in his head causing death....thus either way I am screwed with a weenie or I am a widow!!!!!!!according to him his head was on FYIA!!!! He called his sister who set up an appointment Tuesday morning at 8:30. Until then I had to keep trying to direct him on making sure to not let the 1000mg of over the counter pills wear off to keep taking them every 4 hours or so.....although in dire pain still wondering if I am killing him with these pills..... so I tell him a bit frustrated at his questioning my advise.....GO FIND A RASTA THEN WHO WILL TELL YOU WHAT PEICE OF BRANCH TO CHEW ON TO MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY!!!! his reply.....I aint no damn goat!!!!!

He makes it through the night....goes to the dentist and by 10 the dentist still hasn't showed up...but Michael has been given #9 as there were 8 people ahead of him.....I was like #######??? you have an appointment!!! He gets seen and sure enough the tooth is pulled. He sends a message when he gets all the way home saying the tooth is gone and the dentist told him to not take any tylenol for 24 hours but to go get some anbesol! ????#######???? oh...that was my text back to him..... So by this time it is too late for him to head back there and he is in no condition to do so anyway....but I told him NOT to waste $$ on anbesol but to be at the DR office this morning to get 2 prescriptions....a pain one and an antibiotic...and he did.....he was there this morning and saw the dr who said since he is still in pain and since he still has swelling he will NOW give him prescriptions....but really the shot he gave him yesterday to numb the area should have also got rid of any infection and got rid of any pain. You all know I wanted to have him call from the office so I can tell that doctor a thing or two starting with ........DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE WILL BELEIVE THAT CRAZY #######!!!>>>>>????then I would reach through the phone and slap him (the dr not michael) So there is my frustrating JA story of the day......enjoy

LMAO @ I ain't no damn goat! Yikes @ the Ambesol..... I'm glad he was able to get those scripts filled :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello everyone....gotta catch up been away from a computer since page 266....and that was only yesterday DAMN YALL CAN CHAT!!! :D I have a frustrating JA story that I know most if not all can identify with.... I will tell it...then go and try and catch up on all the happenings......

Monday Michael woke to a toothache....nothing much so said he would go in on Friday to get it pulled or filled since that is his payday. I told him to take a couple "tablets" I brought down...he not being used to popping pills was hesitant but took them haneway...lol..... as the day went on his texts became more and more urgent and stressed...with the last of multiple ones stating ... I THINK I AM DYING......I think back now and laugh but then I wasn't sure what to do....ok, in my mind I just married a weak likkle man who can't handle a toothache or he really is DYING from an infected tooth that has gone wild in his head causing death....thus either way I am screwed with a weenie or I am a widow!!!!!!!according to him his head was on FYIA!!!! He called his sister who set up an appointment Tuesday morning at 8:30. Until then I had to keep trying to direct him on making sure to not let the 1000mg of over the counter pills wear off to keep taking them every 4 hours or so.....although in dire pain still wondering if I am killing him with these pills..... so I tell him a bit frustrated at his questioning my advise.....GO FIND A RASTA THEN WHO WILL TELL YOU WHAT PEICE OF BRANCH TO CHEW ON TO MAKE THE PAIN GO AWAY!!!! his reply.....I aint no damn goat!!!!!

He makes it through the night....goes to the dentist and by 10 the dentist still hasn't showed up...but Michael has been given #9 as there were 8 people ahead of him.....I was like #######??? you have an appointment!!! He gets seen and sure enough the tooth is pulled. He sends a message when he gets all the way home saying the tooth is gone and the dentist told him to not take any tylenol for 24 hours but to go get some anbesol! ????#######???? oh...that was my text back to him..... So by this time it is too late for him to head back there and he is in no condition to do so anyway....but I told him NOT to waste $$ on anbesol but to be at the DR office this morning to get 2 prescriptions....a pain one and an antibiotic...and he did.....he was there this morning and saw the dr who said since he is still in pain and since he still has swelling he will NOW give him prescriptions....but really the shot he gave him yesterday to numb the area should have also got rid of any infection and got rid of any pain. You all know I wanted to have him call from the office so I can tell that doctor a thing or two starting with ........DO YOU REALLY THINK PEOPLE WILL BELEIVE THAT CRAZY #######!!!>>>>>????then I would reach through the phone and slap him (the dr not michael) So there is my frustrating JA story of the day......enjoy

LMAO @ I ain't no damn goat! Yikes @ the Ambesol..... I'm glad he was able to get those scripts filled :thumbs:

Gotta love it - DJ was having issues with his neck - he went to the dr. finally and the dr. told him he had a flu in it :blink:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wonder what medical school these doctors go to!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Jawi, I'm so sorry you're in so much pain! I hope you feel better soon and I'm praying for your quick healing! (F)

I feel your pain my friend, I do! Later on I'll write about my story....my mister has had a crazy two days!

"only 1 yr quana, it will only be 1 yr" lol.. easier said than done.. i miss him so very much lately.. 2 years of knowing him and 6 weeks of actually BEING w/ him.. that sucks so bad!!!!!!!!

Quana you are a soldier! And it's crazy when you put it like that.....only having 6 weeks with him! WOW! :(

Timeline

Ells can't wait to hear his story.

Hi Morantbaygirl!!!!! Good to see you around!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Quana, I got some shea butter this past weekend and then some coconut and make coconut oil and mix it with the shea butter and some cinnemon. So I am going to wash my hair today and used it as a treatment. Going to get my kinky twist tomorrow. My hair seems to grow much faster whenever I get it braided.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Ells can't wait to hear his story.

Hi Morantbaygirl!!!!! Good to see you around!

Thanks just dropped by to update timeline. Hope everything is good for everyone. Jawi hope u feel better.

067-1.jpg

080.jpg Want some

089-1.jpg I am hot

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ALRIGHT portland.. i love love love kinky twists.. just not the $200 it costs to get them..soon as i get str8.. i am gonna get some too tho, i need to step up my game in maintaining my hair.. i use a shea butter moisturizer and olive oil, but i hardly ever condition which i hear is a no no...

yeah ells, i try not to look at the big picture cuz it sooooo BLAHHHHHHH..

How many of you all would recommend having a SO in another country? Jamaica? Know all they you know from your experience. I've had friends jokingly say..they are going to Jamaica to get a man and I look at them like "HUH".

Edited by kkholiday2006

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.