SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

My husband makes that stuff too. He calls it "Oats". I haven't and don't plan on trying it. Just not my thing.

yep rg too.. i am silly enough to try anything once, but he can't make me keep drinking it LOL

My husband makes that stuff too. He calls it "Oats". I haven't and don't plan on trying it. Just not my thing.

dang kk, all the great meals di man prepare fi ya and ya cyaan even TRY it?? UNGRATEFUL :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don't think you are suppose to drink Oatmeal. blended or not.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ells is he done at the Embassy?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Hey Ells,

I have mailed plants back but not all of them make it LOL and are confiscated it amazes me how I can get plants shipped and delivered 100% of the time from the Philippines but not JA. Oh well you win some you lose some, literally!

I winter my plants so in the winter the tubers I don't crate I keep the plants potted all through the house and it looks like a jungle LOL. You can grow the ackee but you have to bring it in way before 1st frost. the Callaloo you need to just keep your seeds and replant next year or if you have a greenhouse continue to grow there, well my greenhouse is all over my house LOL

I'm not going to bother with shipping my plants this time plus my Hubby is like what :blink: ???, I'm just going to dig them and move them to country and let them grow at our house there. I love my plants and since we are giving up the house in Kingston, I don't know who will be eyeballing or neglecting my plants so my babies are going to country LOL

I also grow mint for tea too LOL I wanted to try and grow white yams since I buy so many of them but I had problems with some raccoons last year in my garden digging my potatoes and my son was running around with the machete trying to chop them! They just trampled my my trellises and stakes for my veggies and was making salad, I was hotter than fish grease! :ranting:

Maybe if I can get my hands on some callaloo seeds, I can give them to my Mom and she can grow them in her greenhouse! I have a yard the size of a postage stamp but I do have a few pots growing herbs and a couple veggies.

Don't even get me started on the raccoons! I have an ongoing battle with them since they seem to think my roof is a playground at crazy hours in the morning! I'll have to dig up one of the pics I took of a young one on my roof...I stuck my camera out the tall bathroom window and took it! Have you tried setting containers of ammonia in the areas you don't want them near?

Hey Ells,

I have mailed plants back but not all of them make it LOL and are confiscated it amazes me how I can get plants shipped and delivered 100% of the time from the Philippines but not JA. Oh well you win some you lose some, literally!

I winter my plants so in the winter the tubers I don't crate I keep the plants potted all through the house and it looks like a jungle LOL. You can grow the ackee but you have to bring it in way before 1st frost. the Callaloo you need to just keep your seeds and replant next year or if you have a greenhouse continue to grow there, well my greenhouse is all over my house LOL

I'm not going to bother with shipping my plants this time plus my Hubby is like what :blink: ???, I'm just going to dig them and move them to country and let them grow at our house there. I love my plants and since we are giving up the house in Kingston, I don't know who will be eyeballing or neglecting my plants so my babies are going to country LOL

I also grow mint for tea too LOL I wanted to try and grow white yams since I buy so many of them but I had problems with some raccoons last year in my garden digging my potatoes and my son was running around with the machete trying to chop them! They just trampled my my trellises and stakes for my veggies and was making salad, I was hotter than fish grease! :ranting:

That's so cool :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The names of some food scare Damien i.e....I gave him a French Toast bagel from Panera...he ate in 4 seconds. A week later, I asked if wanted another one...he said he have not or will ever eat a something called a BAGEL :o . I go through this a few times a month.

The names of some food scare Damien i.e....I gave him a French Toast bagel from Panera...he ate in 4 seconds. A week later, I asked if wanted another one...he said he have not or will ever eat a something called a BAGEL :o . I go through this a few times a month.

:rofl::rofl: You just made me spit out my sunflower seeds. LMAO. He's is soooo funny. :rofl:

Shemmy - I love your stories.

LMOA that is too cute!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ells, I forgot to tell you when my SO went to do his police record they didn't tell him that he was suppose to take the receipt to duke street for processing. So when he went back to HQ to pick it up that when they told him he was suppose to go over to Duke Street with the recipt and thats where its order. Just in case they forget to tell him

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Hey Ells,

I have cats and they love to play in the garden during the day so I could never put any poison out there. I hate the raccoons because they are out of order they stand up to you like " what you gonna do" ?? I had a cat that was crazy Rudebwoy #1 he would chase their asses out of the garden but they would come back at night when Rudebwoy# was in the house sleeping and clean house! I have all black cats, do you like cats?

Thanks KK I am a crazy gardener I'm out there at the break of dawn until nigthfall digging, I love it , its my therapy.

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone stayed at The Ruins? or know anyone that works there? So far we have gotten the best quote from them for our recepition.

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dillon........BASEBALL starts Monday. Are you excited? I'm going Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday to the games. Friday is Party at the Park at Fairmount. Fun times next week. Think I'm going to Pointfest Announcement Party at Pop's this Friday. If you are looking for something to do, give me a hollar.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Hey Ells,

Philly;

My dad and I never replant our callaloo, it just comes up on its own each year sometimes the grow too tall and that's when the loose the taste.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Hey Ells,

I have cats and they love to play in the garden during the day so I could never put any poison out there. I hate the raccoons because they are out of order they stand up to you like " what you gonna do" ?? I had a cat that was crazy Rudebwoy #1 he would chase their asses out of the garden but they would come back at night when Rudebwoy# was in the house sleeping and clean house! I have all black cats, do you like cats?

Thanks KK I am a crazy gardener I'm out there at the break of dawn until nigthfall digging, I love it , its my therapy.

Do you think the cats would get into ammonia? Raccoons HATE the smell and will stay far away from it. Pest control experts recommend keeping a container full of it with a rag soaking in it to retain the liquid. I have some crazy raccoon stories that would make me seem certifiably insane if I told them here but let's just say I know EXACTLY what you're talking about as far as them standing up to you! LOL! They have no fear!

I wish I had a tough cat to chase them off! I love cats! My mister got me a kitten last year so now I have a cat in Jamaica. He's orange and white, sweet half the time and a little butt the other half. I have too many pics of him on my FB. He might be good at chasing raccoons if he were here, but all he does now is chase & eat lizards!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.