SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lawny I have a baby Ackee tree growing its only about 1 1/2 feet but one day I'll have me some Ackee LOL

I also and beginning to prepare my calaloo seeds scotch bonnet pepper and pumpkin seeds hopefully I have some sprouts soon!

You have a little green house growning inside?

Yup I'm a gardening crazy person I even have my oldest son hooked, I need to take a pic of the Dread with his machete in our mini gully. My banana plants are coming back up now they were wintered and hibernating but I have large shoots now. I'm so excited about the spring and my plants! I grow plants at our home in Kingston too I will miss them :crying: but I'm digging them up and taking them to country LOL to my family home to continue growing :yes: My Hubby was like what huh :huh: ? I said ummmm yeah we are digging them all up :lol:

Come rub my thumb - I kill most plants. :( I try though....

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
island, wha gwaan wid the missing pprwrk issue?? any closer..

Waiting for the blue slip interview on the 14th........

Love the new pic Quana!

oh ok.. i see, will he come home right after?? what about his son? i didn't remember if he was bringing him now or later..

We haven't decided really - one step at a time. We left the K2 hanging for the bit because he was having baby mama drama at the time of the interview but I'm going to try to get the embassy to interview Jr on the 14th. They won't come together though - A wants to come first and get himself settled. Jr will come in time to start school next fall.

Edited by Islandwoman

Timeline
Shemmy....try just a little bit of the cereal...do you eat blue draws

has any one tried blue draws or toe toe (it's spelled another way)

WTH is that??? blue draws or toe toe :blink:

I haven't eaten corn flakes since 1973. Frosted flakes are better :thumbs: .

You remember the year?? I like ff better too but I'm thinking if you are eating them with sweetend milk the corn flakes taste like frosted flakes.

Timeline
It was my brother who was/is being negative. Get this from a guy who moved to Germany and married his German wife less than a month after he got there. Hmmmmm can we say German greencard? Or whatever they have. He is holding my first marraige over my head for not working out and is judging this relationship on that one. Anyways I just got off the phone with my Mom and she said I should do what makes me happy and that her and my Dad will be there whatever I decide and not to let my brother ruin my joy in my life right now. So I am back to my plan A. Of course she said she is concerned because she doesn't really know C but she said she has faith in me that I am making the right choice.

Yeah Mama - she's got your back!!

Timeline

i do not like that milk ya'll LOL and then that drink nurtrimagen or something like that.. RG put it EVERYTING.. ya'll know i don't like guiness so he say put this in it, it taste better.. i was like.. UH NO..WORSE..

i am down w/ ja food but with ja drinks, i am a lil flaky LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
island, wha gwaan wid the missing pprwrk issue?? any closer..

Waiting for the blue slip interview on the 14th........

Love the new pic Quana!

:dance:

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think we are just going to go to the JP and be done with it.

Dillon; that why we did the JP...we got married 2 weeks after he arrived and all he did was call one family member in Canada and they started poppin up all over the US...people he hadn't see or spoken to in years. They were telling him to wait before getting married,then they were offering to buy plane tickets so he can come see them, I let him handle it;

Girl, I think if I was to ever have a wedding I don't think there would be a place big enough to hold my family and his. My dream is to get married on the beach, bare foot, then run into the water.

That's so cute.

That's why I want to renew our vows...now that we have the visa ####### behind us.

We had a very small ceremony in Jamaica and then when he came here we had a formal reception. It was the PERFECT combo :thumbs:

We got the intimacy of the wedding and the party of the reception. Although our reception turned out very romantic and intimate

Hi Everyone! Any ideas about how to get bail out money for the AOS and EAD applications (just kidding). Why does it cost so much?

Shanette - Wishing you a belated Congratulations! Are you getting used to saying "my husband?" I still stammer when I say that and Shaun thinks it is sooo funny. :yes:

Sus - Nice Tat! I am not allowed any more. He says they are not lady-like. Oh Well. I guess I am no longer getting him the one (strategegically placed) that says "Shaun's property. No Trespassing" :rofl::rofl::rofl: And thanks for the link up to FB.

Dillon - Congratulations on the good news. Do not let the family's remarks stress you out. Just Enjoy each other and live for you. I know my mom loves me but if I listened to her advice I would still be someone's punching bag. Best Wishes! :luv:

Ells - Sending Good Vibes your way. Your SO will be fine and everything will work out just great in the end! Keep your head up. :dance:

Ells, what happened??? I missed it and cant find it.

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm try to find a picture, but blue draws http://www.jamaicans.com/cooking/cakes/bluedraw.shtml , mi no know ow fi post di picah

I can't remember how to spell the other one kind of look like bulla cake (do you eat those)...I love bulla and pear or bulla and cheese

Unfortantely, we rarely eat homemade Jamaican food. The only foods I cook are curry shrimp and jerk chicken (he calls it American style :wacko: ). Damien adopted my terrible fattening eating habits when he first got here then ee started eating lots of American healthy foods. He'll cook but not many Jamaican dishes :angry: Can't wait until his brother gets here...he can really cook. Maybe he can teach me.

That would drive me crazy. Marcel says his belly can't manage "yankee food"...thanks to Mich he loves doritos now...finally a snack he likes

One of the adjustments of having two cultures in one household. Wish we had more Jamaican food but don't want it everyday. We eat it...just not homemade. The Jamaican restuarant down the street love to see us coming..

Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Congrats Dillon on the visa....he'll be here soon! :dance:

Well, our day has already started interestingly. I woke up at 6:20 (I'm excited too apparently) to call and check my SOs status since I was hoping he'd be arriving in Kingston about then. Well, I can't reach him so I call his cousin's # and he answers then hands the phone over. I can tell immediately by his voice that something is wrong. He was stammering around so I nicely told him to spit it out cause now I'm FREAKING out! Seems they were on the way to the embassy via Montego Bay and somewhere in or near Mobay another driver rear ended him. The car has some damage although it's not major and he was mostly upset cause he thinks I'm gonna leave him cause he let me down. Oops! Guess I shouldn't have said "don't let me down". I reassured him that I'm not going anywhere and what kind of a fiancee would I be if I left any time something went wrong. It only helped a little cause he was very upset....my boy is sensitive! :luv:

They were waiting for the police to finish up the paperwork and hopefully can get back on the road soon. If they can get going again, he still has plenty of time to make his 1:30 drop off appt. I'm having flashbacks to Tanya's (IW) SOs mishap on the way to his interview! So yardies, please pray the rest of his trip goes smoothly! I'm gonna go back to bed cause it's a state holiday (Cesar Chavez Day) and put the phone on vibrate in case he calls again. I'll be checking in with him until it's time for his appt now. I've already sent an e-mail to the embassy to see if it'll still be okay if he's just a little late.

This stuff always seems to happen don't it?? When I called, if things went as planned, he was already supposed to be at the police station or on his way to get his certificate taken care of. Now it'll be lucky if he makes his drop off appt on time. I told him that he can go after and hopefully still get it done and if not, we'll figure out what to do next. A so ie go! Check in with ya'll later!

((((ELLS))) :(

I am praying for him, poor guy, at least he is ok!!

I am also praying you will answer my question :innocent::whistle:

Filed: Timeline
hello peeps, I have a question about the I-129-F paperwork :blink:

There is no street address for where he lives which makes this form a little confusing..

Here is what I did:

I put his "community" under (Address Number&Street)

I put his town under (Town or City)

I put his Parish under (State or Country)

I put "Jamaica WI" under (Zip/Postal Code)

is that correct?? :help:

Also, what is an A#? :huh:

Don't need to put anything under zip code we don't have one...I put my SO Post office Box, then the district (city or town), country (Jamaica) for the place of birth (I used the city that's on his birth certificate)

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

There is no street address for where he lives which makes this form a little confusing..

Here is what I did:

Don't need to put anything under zip code we don't have one...I put my SO Post office Box, then the district (city or town), country (Jamaica) for the place of birth (I used the city that's on his birth certificate)

There is not a Post Office Box Number per say...

So I would just put the "Town" Post Office in the Address line and then Jamaica in the state or country?

No need for the parish info?

sorry :blush:

I really am brilliant, trust me :D:lol:

Lawny I haven't had Blue draws since I was likkle its like banana and flour type dish with like a pudding consistancy. There is also a similar dish we make in Haiti but we use ripe plantains. I wouldn't eat Bulla cake for years when I was older because my Auntie would always pack them in my bag and make me eat them when we were going out when I was likkle with no juice LOL

Shemmy you know I'm taking a gazillion pics, I need to transfer all the pic I have on my camera now like 2 year worth on that card LOL hot mess

Quanna LOL @ Koolaid

Shauns Gal LOL @ the EAD and AOS Bailout package :rofl:

Ells any word on your man did he make it?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Here is what I did:

The A# is the alien registration number which you get as a naturalized citizen. If you are American born you do not have one.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I put the Parish info under Porvince or State

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.