SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK< i need to send you a bag of hot cheetos i see...LOL

since no one was really chatting, much i figured i would go work and therefore stay employed for yet another day instead of slacking off on VJ

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning Yardies!

Congrats Dillon on the visa....he'll be here soon! :dance:

Well, our day has already started interestingly. I woke up at 6:20 (I'm excited too apparently) to call and check my SOs status since I was hoping he'd be arriving in Kingston about then. Well, I can't reach him so I call his cousin's # and he answers then hands the phone over. I can tell immediately by his voice that something is wrong. He was stammering around so I nicely told him to spit it out cause now I'm FREAKING out! Seems they were on the way to the embassy via Montego Bay and somewhere in or near Mobay another driver rear ended him. The car has some damage although it's not major and he was mostly upset cause he thinks I'm gonna leave him cause he let me down. Oops! Guess I shouldn't have said "don't let me down". I reassured him that I'm not going anywhere and what kind of a fiancee would I be if I left any time something went wrong. It only helped a little cause he was very upset....my boy is sensitive! :luv:

They were waiting for the police to finish up the paperwork and hopefully can get back on the road soon. If they can get going again, he still has plenty of time to make his 1:30 drop off appt. I'm having flashbacks to Tanya's (IW) SOs mishap on the way to his interview! So yardies, please pray the rest of his trip goes smoothly! I'm gonna go back to bed cause it's a state holiday (Cesar Chavez Day) and put the phone on vibrate in case he calls again. I'll be checking in with him until it's time for his appt now. I've already sent an e-mail to the embassy to see if it'll still be okay if he's just a little late.

This stuff always seems to happen don't it?? When I called, if things went as planned, he was already supposed to be at the police station or on his way to get his certificate taken care of. Now it'll be lucky if he makes his drop off appt on time. I told him that he can go after and hopefully still get it done and if not, we'll figure out what to do next. A so ie go! Check in with ya'll later!

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Yardies-

C's passport is ready to pick up today!!!! He will be here next week, I am so excited.

see...stressing for nothing...CONGRATS, now get the preparing...I'll call you later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Morning! Newbie here…just wanted to say hello.

I have been lurking this site for a few weeks now thanks to phillyfashionista (hey girl), who told me about the yardies thread. You all and this site have been such a blessing to me and my LDR. Your posts are always on target.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies and starting my own visa journey. I am still a little nervous with this whole process, so I know I’ll be looking to you for your expertise and reassurance when the time comes.

KKholiday2006 - thanks for the welcoming pm.

Sus, Trelawnyparish, MsNelly - thanks for the drop ins.

All have wonderful and blessed day!

Ps - Sorry to say you may not see me back for awhile - - - Jawi876 - - - I gotta catch up on your Stella Story. I just found the beginning thread and all 247 pages …girl I’m hooked. You are so talented. Tx for sharing.

J2-

Timeline
Good Morning Yardies-

C's passport is ready to pick up today!!!! He will be here next week, I am so excited.

see...stressing for nothing...CONGRATS, now get the preparing...I'll call you later.

LOL you were in my head this weekend and I already started to prepare and will finish up this weekend! Thanks for being there!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Good Morning Yardies-

:dance: :dance: :dance: yeah :dance: :dance: :dance:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
Good Morning Yardies-

:dance: :dance: :dance: yeah :dance: :dance: :dance:

You are next!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

I have been lurking this site for a few weeks now thanks to phillyfashionista (hey girl), who told me about the yardies thread. You all and this site have been such a blessing to me and my LDR. Your posts are always on target.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies and starting my own visa journey. I am still a little nervous with this whole process, so I know I’ll be looking to you for your expertise and reassurance when the time comes.

Ps - Sorry to say you may not see me back for awhile - - - Jawi876 - - - I gotta catch up on your Stella Story. I just found the beginning thread and all 247 pages …girl I’m hooked. You are so talented. Tx for sharing.

J2-

Morning mi gyal!!! ( hugs)

J I am glad you decided to join in, you will definitely be hooked!

My cousin in on the plane going home I can't wait to see him. He is so excited he misses home after being in Canada for a while and of course me LOL. I guess we will get in one more adventure before I have to return again :whistle:

Aren't you so hooked on Stella??? I'm counting down :thumbs: ok back to work for me

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

Sorry to hear that Ells! Everything is going to turn out just fine, he has pleanty of time to get there.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Good Morning Yardies-

LOL you were in my head this weekend and I already started to prepare and will finish up this weekend! Thanks for being there!

anytime

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Sorry to hear that Ells! Everything is going to turn out just fine, he has pleanty of time to get there.

Thanks Dillon! I think it'll be okay....they're on the road now and he does have till 1:30 so I'm just praying for no more obstacles! :whistle:

I'm really excited for you though! :thumbs:

Welcome J2ustice!

OOOh Dillon, I can't believe its next week. I'm biting off all my nails LOL

Ells, I pray he makes it. I am sure he will be fine traffic should be good by the time he is close. :thumbs:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Morning Yardies!

Congrats Dillon on the visa....he'll be here soon! :dance:

Well, our day has already started interestingly. I woke up at 6:20 (I'm excited too apparently) to call and check my SOs status since I was hoping he'd be arriving in Kingston about then. Well, I can't reach him so I call his cousin's # and he answers then hands the phone over. I can tell immediately by his voice that something is wrong. He was stammering around so I nicely told him to spit it out cause now I'm FREAKING out! Seems they were on the way to the embassy via Montego Bay and somewhere in or near Mobay another driver rear ended him. The car has some damage although it's not major and he was mostly upset cause he thinks I'm gonna leave him cause he let me down. Oops! Guess I shouldn't have said "don't let me down". I reassured him that I'm not going anywhere and what kind of a fiancee would I be if I left any time something went wrong. It only helped a little cause he was very upset....my boy is sensitive! :luv:

They were waiting for the police to finish up the paperwork and hopefully can get back on the road soon. If they can get going again, he still has plenty of time to make his 1:30 drop off appt. I'm having flashbacks to Tanya's (IW) SOs mishap on the way to his interview! So yardies, please pray the rest of his trip goes smoothly! I'm gonna go back to bed cause it's a state holiday (Cesar Chavez Day) and put the phone on vibrate in case he calls again. I'll be checking in with him until it's time for his appt now. I've already sent an e-mail to the embassy to see if it'll still be okay if he's just a little late.

This stuff always seems to happen don't it?? When I called, if things went as planned, he was already supposed to be at the police station or on his way to get his certificate taken care of. Now it'll be lucky if he makes his drop off appt on time. I told him that he can go after and hopefully still get it done and if not, we'll figure out what to do next. A so ie go! Check in with ya'll later!

Good luck Ells!! That trip from Mobay to Kingston is no joke - my butt and neck are hurting just thinking about it. It will be so nice when they have the highway completed - although it is a pretty ride going through all the little towns. As long as you're not late for an appointment....

Enjoy your day off!

Good Morning Yardies-

Ha - that's what I said - start cleaning out your closet!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Thanks Dillon! I think it'll be okay....they're on the road now and he does have till 1:30 so I'm just praying for no more obstacles! :whistle:

I'm really excited for you though! :thumbs:

Thank you I am excited too but as I was telling Islandwoman he is as calm as can be! He needs to get more excited!

I am excited and happy that you guys are on the home stretch now! Can't wait to hear when you have your interview.

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

J2-

Welcome!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.