SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies!

Welcome DaDa.....

I hope the week is going well for everyone so far. I'm ready for the weekend and I don't even have anything planned.lol That sucks!

Wanted to say THANKS A MILLION to JaEnglish for coming to my house to take pics of Ray and I. They came out GREAT and it was loads of fun. Those of you in the MD/DC/VA area need to have her take pics for you. I promise you will be pleased. I have given her number to several co-workers, so JaEng you have some new customers heading you way. Thanks again. :thumbs: I'll post some of the pics when I can. :)

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Depending on if it is a regular client or a new one....I tend to become some sort of therapst...cause I am all up in thier business!!! So, we generally talk about Men, Kids, work or family. Somehow...the talk generally comes back to talking about Jamaica!!! I am always surprised at how many people way out here in the Pacific NW has some sort of connection to JA. Went to my interview for Massage school and the admittance director had just returned the day before from JA....goes 2-3 times a year! Needless to say....I was accepted into the program :dance:

Congrats M!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

safe travels to nat.. her and her SO look like they have so much fun together..

mrs buggy.. glad the time is winding down, i dont know how u handle the suspense.. we are trying to do something for Jalove's birthday on april 10 if u (or u and hubby) are free. we gonna try ja gates..

jengy good luck w/ the job hunting.. i agree, ur photography is off the chain!!!, u should show ur work to some people, maybe even magazines.. i know ur pics are BEAUTIFUL sunny

be blessed in pursuing ur education jamerican.. u be able to crack some backs after u wax the pums LOL..

Timeline
safe travels to nat.. her and her SO look like they have so much fun together..

mrs buggy.. glad the time is winding down, i dont know how u handle the suspense.. we are trying to do something for Jalove's birthday on april 10 if u (or u and hubby) are free. we gonna try ja gates..

jengy good luck w/ the job hunting.. i agree, ur photography is off the chain!!!, u should show ur work to some people, maybe even magazines.. i know ur pics are BEAUTIFUL sunny

be blessed in pursuing ur education jamerican.. u be able to crack some backs after u wax the pums LOL..

im sorry ja.. i see its massage therapy not chiropractics.. great!

GIRL it reminds me on the radio this morning this station does prank calls.. the dude gets on the phone w/ this massage therapy business and in a round about way keeps hinting to wanting a massage in his SPECIAL place.. the receptionist kept ignoring his suggestive language, trying to be professional..Finally he was like.. look, u cannot come here, we do not do the kind of services that u are looking for SIR.. LOL..it was HILARIOUS!!!

Timeline
Sundays in Negril is a live band at Alfreds on the beach, and a local party at Long Bay Beach-

O.k. so at Alfred's on Sunday is this dinner and the band or just the band?? Long Bay Beach is this a club or just an area of Negril??

Alfreds isn't dinner - although they have good food there - Just the band, starting around 10 or so - Long Bay is the public section of the beach -

My suggestion would be - Go up to Ricks in the late afternoon, have a drink, watch the cliff divers - Go a few doors down to LTU Pub for dinner - Strolling musician, little white lights, great food, not expensive - Then grab a cab to the beach and go to Alfreds.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Sundays in Negril is a live band at Alfreds on the beach, and a local party at Long Bay Beach-

O.k. so at Alfred's on Sunday is this dinner and the band or just the band?? Long Bay Beach is this a club or just an area of Negril??

Alfreds isn't dinner - although they have good food there - Just the band, starting around 10 or so - Long Bay is the public section of the beach -

My suggestion would be - Go up to Ricks in the late afternoon, have a drink, watch the cliff divers - Go a few doors down to LTU Pub for dinner - Strolling musician, little white lights, great food, not expensive - Then grab a cab to the beach and go to Alfreds.

OMG, memories from Alfreds... I love that place.

ROC

Timeline
Depending on if it is a regular client or a new one....I tend to become some sort of therapst...cause I am all up in thier business!!! So, we generally talk about Men, Kids, work or family. Somehow...the talk generally comes back to talking about Jamaica!!! I am always surprised at how many people way out here in the Pacific NW has some sort of connection to JA. Went to my interview for Massage school and the admittance director had just returned the day before from JA....goes 2-3 times a year! Needless to say....I was accepted into the program :dance:

Congrats M!

Ditto, that's awesome. I wish I knew how to massage, but I just pretend I know what I'm doing. lol

ROC

Timeline

Congrats M!

Ditto, that's awesome. I wish I knew how to massage, but I just pretend I know what I'm doing. lol

well, i thought i was pretty good until i got a professional massage, i was like DANG, i ain't got nothing on this chick!

it actually kinda hurt but after i did feel REAL good, ja is that supposed to happen??

Filed: Timeline
Sunny, can't wait to see your pics, I am sure they are amazing!

they're AWESOME! :crying:

I'm too damn OLD to be having damn rass CRAMPS

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Morning/Afternoon Yardies!

American is having a sale so maybe some of you traveling soon want to check this out:

http://www.aavacations.com/specials/crb084...A-EN4-CRB-09-13

Welcome DaDa and kcoyclay1! Nice that you finally jumped into the yardie thread!

Ellis your drop off date is coming up soon, mine is the following tuesday. Is it just me or do you seem you feel a lot more pressure now that it is coming towards the end??? I hung up the phone on Ricky today just because I dont even know why Im buggin.

I'm a little anxious but mostly over just making sure things go smoothly and he's able to get everything done. Just want to have all our ducks in a row ya know? I don't feel particularly stressed about coming up to the interview but maybe I am more than I feel considering I'm finding about 20 new grey hairs each day! We just gotta take deep breaths and realize everything will work out how it's supposed to. :yes:

This is my walk down the isle song my Boo picked it out, I hope this works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUCGwiuV1x8

Its breathless by Shane Ward its on you tube

Awww....I'm just too emotional right now....that almost made me cry! :luv:

OMG! It took me ALL afternoon & evening to catch up!! Yuh chat too much yaardie!

Ok... since it's taken me so long to catch up I forgot what responses I had, so I'll just leave it. Now my hubby is not here but he is on his way. I've narrowed down the date to Fri or Sat. My friends and him have been throwing hints, but all of dem have different stories?!?!?! So I'm just trusting my instincts, lol. So I think I should have a post soon telling ya'll that he's here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! HAVE NOT SEEN HIM SINCE JUNE 08!!!

WOW MrsBuggy! It always blows me away when some of you have gone so long without seeing your SOs! I bet you're just gonna JUMP on that man when you see him! LOL! I'll be so happy when you tell us he's there!

**O.k. I think I did this wrong the first time so let's try again...**

Good Morning Ladies....

As always I have been lurking on the site for what Quana like two years now. I'm very good friends with Quana and she has asked me to post but mi neva do but I'm always on here reading so most of you, I feel like I already knoa. Anyway I was wondering if any of you ladies could help me with an idea.

I have been dating someone for almost two years now and I went to Jamaica in Feb to celebrate my birthday and I must say that was one of the best birthdays ever!!! I had the time of my life so I wanted to return the favor and go celebrate his birthday with him in May. It actually falls during Memorial Weekend. I asked him what he would like to do and he told me to surprise him Ughhh. He says he has NEVER celebrated a birthday before even from childhood so he has no idea what he would do because normally every year he is working on his birthday so he goes to work and then comes home and goes to bed.. Ewwww. So I want to make it special but of course not go over board.

I'm a Mobay girl so I was thinking about us maybe checking out Negril this time. In order to get cheap airfare I won't be arriving until his actual day but I do get there at like 11:30 a.m. So its still early enough. I'm not sure if we should go to lunch and then go hang out where I don't know. I was checking out some spot in Negril that offers romantic dinner on the beach at Sunset by candle light. I wonder if maybe we should do that and then go clubbing afterwards?? Should we check out a strip club I heard something about Rub a Dub (not sure if that is what's it called) Umm I don't know I'm normally good at these things but with him I'm stumped. See he's not really a party gooer and he doesn't really do the beach and well he is always just laid back so I'm not sure if I should take him out his norm or what. Aghhh you see how frustrated I am?? Has anyone every celebrated their SO birthdays and if so what did you do? Umm I wonder if I should try to order a small cake from somewhere or maybe just get dessert at the restaurant??

Help Please!!!!!!!

Welcome DaDa - What to do would depend on what day of the week it is, if you want to go to Negril - lots of little spots up and down the beach that have live music -

For a romantic dinner in Negril, I would suggest the cliffs, not the beach - beautiful dinner at sunset - LTU Pub, Rockhouse (higher price), or the Canoe Bar - great food at all three - on Tuesday nights Negril Escape has a dinner show that has a live performance giving the history of reggae - really good - The strip club you are talking about is Scrub a Dub, lol

Sus has some great suggestions but I have more. Kuyaba restaurant is on the beach and is a very beautiful spot for sunsets and the food is great. Any of the places Sus suggested or Kuyaba would be excellent choices. I'm partial to Rockhouse too.....a little pricey but great food and if you can get a table next to the water it's the best!

For dancing I think Scrub a Dub takes it....especially LATE late. After about 2 a.m. they really start in with the good Jamaican music. I haven't been to the Jungle but I guess that can be decent too for dancing.

I read it last week KKholiday and told him to make a hard copy as proof of what his wife of almost 3 months is doing. I believe that she should be deported for marriage fraud and abuse. He is saying that he is in love with her but he needs to wake up and realise that 'it takes a fool to learn that love dont love nobody"

Karen.

I read that last week too and thought the same thing. It's so in your face, if he ignores it, he's asking for what's coming his way.

Am I the only one that does NOT enjoy Alfred's? The ONLY part I like about Alfred's is the dancehall boys that show off during the band breaks. If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably go for Long Bay Beach. Alright ladies, WHAT do you like about Alfred's? Perhaps we went on an off night? I'm just not into reggae cover bands really so it didn't do anything for me. I expected more coming to Negril....I was thinking there'd be some new and exciting music but it was just a bunch of half-hearted re-runs. Fill me in here please!

sus is the bomb.. she got the weekly calendar in her head she go so dyam much.. i am a hater yes.. love u SUUUUSSSSSS!!

Love you too - and just to rub it in, booked again, lol

Sus, I want to be you! :yes:

Timeline

I agree that Rick's is fun to go to and it's a place many Jamaicans have never been since few go to the tourist spots. On the way back down to the beach, stop at Jenny's Cakes and get him something for his birthday! Or does Jenny have those kinda cakes? Sus? Anyone?

well, i thought i was pretty good until i got a professional massage, i was like DANG, i ain't got nothing on this chick!

it actually kinda hurt but after i did feel REAL good, ja is that supposed to happen??

Yep! One time back in the day when I was a gym rat, I worked my calves out really hard the day before. Well, the next day I couldn't even straighten my legs or walk! My friend is a massage therapist and she went to work on my calves. It was excruciating! I started to see white and little stars like I was gonna pass out but she kept digging in and going to work. After a few minutes of that, it was miraculous....I could straighten my legs and walk!

I'm too damn OLD to be having damn rass CRAMPS

That's what I say! Even worse, I've said this before but I'll say it again, it's just WRONG to have cramps, acne AND grey hair!! :crying:

Timeline

Ells when I went and got my hair colored about 2 weeks ago my hair dresser told me I am about 40% grey. Now that is just wrong!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Ells, for me - I love dancehall - but I would much rather see a live band then listen to a DJ if the live band is good - Alfreds has its good nights and its bad, depending on who is singing - I love the lovers rock, and there is nothing like being on the beach, listening to good music and the waves! Now, if the Indika band singer was still around, it would be great - but I haven't seen him at all the past few times I have been to Negril - I also love to watch the people, and Alfreds is a prime spot to watch the gigs (male and female) try to work the crowd, which cracks me up

Ells when I went and got my hair colored about 2 weeks ago my hair dresser told me I am about 40% grey. Now that is just wrong!

LOL - DJ asked me one time when we first starting dating what my natural hair color was, and when I said brown, he told me he thought it was blond bc of the roots - Ummmmmm..... no babes, that's grey!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

I'm scared to go to the hair dresser! I'm gonna wait until I can't stand it anymore to color my hair!

Ells, for me - I love dancehall - but I would much rather see a live band then listen to a DJ if the live band is good - Alfreds has its good nights and its bad, depending on who is singing - I love the lovers rock, and there is nothing like being on the beach, listening to good music and the waves! Now, if the Indika band singer was still around, it would be great - but I haven't seen him at all the past few times I have been to Negril - I also love to watch the people, and Alfreds is a prime spot to watch the gigs (male and female) try to work the crowd, which cracks me up

LOL - DJ asked me one time when we first starting dating what my natural hair color was, and when I said brown, he told me he thought it was blond bc of the roots - Ummmmmm..... no babes, that's grey!

We must've went on a bad night because there was nothing redeeming about it. The drinks were weak, the bartenders rude, the live music was bland....I wished I'd stayed back at the hotel. The one good part was watching the dancers and then chatting with Ninja and Romantic (ha ha ha) later!

LOL! Maybe you have that nice silver grey where you can pull it off like it's highlights! :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.