5,386 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good afternoon ladies,

Mrs. Palmer what is this all about. Has someone contacted you about something?

It's a problem situation w/ my friend that has suddenly re-surfaced. I'm just gonna ask---Does anyone up here know Oliver Anglin (sp?)

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon/Evening Yardies!

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday! I finally broke down and turned on the wall heater since it's raining and a little cold (nothing like those of you in the North & East though!).

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! I'm kinda surprised at how fast this process seems to be moving at the moment. I knew going in what the timeframes were but it still shocks a little as you go through it and realize WHOA, it's getting closer! :blink:

I just checked my e-mail and I received a message saying we got our NOA2!!! :dance::dance::dance::D

Congrats Ells!! Looks like you will be making another trip to JA real soon!

Thanks! Yeah, I suppose I may have to start looking for flights in another couple months. Crazy!

hey guys!

we giot thru!!!

Im still in Jamaica and will post more when I get home, but I posted a little in the thread below about interviews.

my question...

we tracked the VISA on DHL and it says "shipment on hold"

what does that mean?

is that bad news?

we are freaking out a little here!!

Congrats Shrewdie! I hope the visa comes fast and that the 'hold' notice is just a temporary thing. I bet you can't believe that he'll be with you so soon! :dance:

i understand rox, that is why i keep my facebook stuff down to fluff and fun stupid stuff, i am about to join some group on there called Cows make delicious...LOL

LOL! I do a lot of stupid stuff on FB too. I'm even with a group called "I stay up late and don't do anything productive"! LOL!

But for those of you who don't want to share your business with everyone, there are privacy settings you can change in your profile excluding certain people from seeing your personal info and even some picture albums.

hi everyone..

so glad to hear of the approvals, DANG ells, urs is going fast isn't it.. i need to look at ur timeline again, i could be exaggerating LOL

man i am not used to working sat like this.. its been 3 weeks in a row, working 6 days a week, i feel like i am running on empty now.. i think i will turn down OT next week..MAYBE :devil:

think i am going dancing 2nite.. thats my pressure release..lets see what mr rg says about that cuz i just went sunday nite, he nuh rate me go out so much .. :rolleyes::whistle:

lol but he is good at understanding i just gotta get away for a min sometiems.. thats why i love him soo.. he gets me.

I LOVE MY MAN..

u all have a GREAT weekend..

It seems like it's going kinda fast to me too but I'm ready as I'll ever be!

LOL, Jamerican - the people I know looking on both sides - with one or two exceptions - I would never set up with a friend!

Same here! However, I'm still searching for a lovely lady to meet my friend who was a pro cricket player! Just meet him....no strings....I'm just sayin! :P:yes:;)

Yall...something is really bothering me, and I really don't want to start nothing crazy, but....I'm having this overwhelming sense of need to put a name on this forum as a warning for anyone of you or may know (or know the person that knows) him...It is physically making me ill at this point

Ooohh....my curiosity is saying DO IT! But Lord knows we may not need to open up a big ol' can of those worms! :lol:

Timeline
Good afternoon ladies,

Mrs. Palmer what is this all about. Has someone contacted you about something?

It's a problem situation w/ my friend that has suddenly re-surfaced. I'm just gonna ask---Does anyone up here know Oliver Anglin (sp?)

No, don't know him. Has he pulled something?

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sus! How are you this evening?

Timeline
Hi Ells, I am sick - so being lazy on the couch all day, laying next to the fire and watching movies. How are you? Your head must be spinning between coming home and your NOA!

I'm sorry you feel crappy! At least you sound nice and cozy. Yeah, head is spinning a little...don't think I've even fully processed everything. I was thinking though that I had two good Fridays in a row. The 13th he proposed and the 20th we got the good news for the NOA!

I have yet to plug my TV back in to the wall (unplug everything except the fridge when I take trips) but I think I have to so I can watch my Neflix movie....I have Rize waiting for me to watch.

Timeline
Mrs. P, is this someone from JA?

Yes he is....Ok, I guess I better give you the synopsis. I've mentioned it in pieces b4, but now:

So, back in '05 when all of my friends and I went to JA, one of my girlfriends met this man (for lack of a better word-Oliver) who at told her that he was married, yet found it ok to take her out and profess that he wanted to marry her. SO, after that original trip, we returned again 4 months later, and he spent a day with her at the resort we were staying, but again was unable to stay because he was married. And it was on this trip that he told her that he could not divorce his wife because the church didn't believe in it. OK....fastforward a year. She had only heard from him 3 random times in a year, and one day he arrived in FL where she was staying at the time (without notice), and said he wanted to stay w/ her until the resort re-opened. Without question, she allowed him in (and later found out he had been here for several months prior) and got pregnant within that 2 month time frame. He goes back to JA after the 2 months, and had only talked to this man 3 times during her ENTIRE pregnancy. He made promises to come see her and the baby--never came. The baby was born and he said he was coming. He didn't. And he changed his number. So, after the baby was born, she tried contacting him, but he changed his number and she never heard from him again. EVER. No calls to check on the baby. No money sent. NOTHING. Now, fastfoward to today. I get a text message while I'm in church from my best friend's husband asking what the boy's daddy looks like. I gave him a brief description, and he sent back that it was the description of the man he was looking at holding the baby. Clearly, I'm like WTH? So, after church I call my best friend and she confirms that it's this fool. So now I'm all confused. Because the last thing that I heard from/about him was from Belly a long time ago because he wanted to know what forms were needed to file the K-1. Belly told him, and when I asked my friend a long time ago if she was filing for him, and that's when she told me that she hadn't heard from him since b4 the baby was born and he changed his number. I told her that he was asking about the K-1, but clearlly not in relation to her. He told Belly awhile ago that he was leaving and he hadn't been in Jamaica since. SO, now he's here in NC. Told her he's here for 2 weeks, and she allowed him into her parents house (or should I say her parents allowed him into the house because she's living w/ them) without question. And this is where I'm stuck. Because my gut and soul tells me that he is already married here. That he lied to her from the beginning and was never married in JA, but told her he was so he would not be obligated to her. He claimed that he had been looking for her for 10 months, and found her parents information in his belongings, YET he had his cousin from JA call her to make sure it was her. Why couldn't he call? Lies. On top of more lies. If he is playing somebody up here, or yall know who he may be with, I just want yall to know he is a liar. Always has been. And he is no good.

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Timeline

Boy, Mrs. P....it's too bad some men have to conduct themselves this way. It's a few bad apples that make the whole process harder for everyone else who is trying to do things legitimately and are good people.

Mrs. P, I'm sorry that you are on the edge of this drama, but we know there are somethings we can't prevent. If he is married and you take the wife to her, she will still believe him. It's that woman thing, no woman wants to admit that they have been had.

It's that I just want to believe and give him one more chance attitude.

:ot: This weekend I went to see this play called Soul Ties, it's about heart strings that won't let go. It is by Jay Cameron's who put on these relationship seminars. He has been doing these plays thru churches. If anyone gets the change to see one of these plays I would advise , please go and seek. The truth be told.

I am sorry for your friend, that she has to go thru this, but all you can do is be there for her.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Timeline
Mrs. P, I'm sorry that you are on this edge of this drama, but we know there are somethings we can't prevent. If he is married and yopu take the wife to her, she will still believe him. It's that woman thing, no woman wants to admit that they have been had.

It's that I just want to believe and give him one more chance attitude. :ot: This weekend I went to see this play called Soul Ties, it's about heart strings that won't let go. It is by Jay Cameron's who put on these relationship seminars. He has been doing these plays thru churches. If anyone gets the change to see one of these plays I would advise , please go and seek. The truth be told.

I am sorry for your friend, that she has to go thru this, but all you can do is be there for her.

But how many times does she have to allow this ridiculousness (is that even a word?) into her life? I don't get it. I'm all for not wanting to admit you made a mistake the 1st time...but the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

Mrs. P, she is not ready to let go. It's just how we as woman are, we are fixer, we believe we can fix this broken this. Nurtures, we want to make everyone happy, even if we are misearable. If you look into her past you will see this is a pattern, some worst than the others. We all tend to go after the same type of man over and over again. We never fix what is broken.

Her situations is harder now, because he will control her heart string with the baby.

Edited by RoxcieJoe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.