SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
jawi.. mi sey that man of urs is cetainly making a difference.. i was proud of u TODAY!!!! ya back is diminishing b4 we very eyes!!!

that kimmy is anodda story doh!! LOL!!!!!!!

i will have to go read the story's again since it look like i will not see my man in a while.. mek get my pillow and a copy of stella LMAO

Quana..wah mi do..all when mi no deh yah mi name a call...

OK..did i say something to start the 2 way convo? i'm trying to think..cause u'll know i forget every damn thing..

I hope i never implied Ells' man was using her? No shoes neva fit so mi neva wear none. I stand by what I say before the LDR, during the LDR and after the LDR. I'm sorry but there are clear signs for some..and we have to be realistic to Jamaica and it's high fraud there. Yes, I stand by having one foot in and one foot out UNTIL u urself settle ur brain and decide what to be will be. I never pretended to act like my relationship is perfect.

Jawi, on the point of being the breadwinner, my issue is not with helping out in situations. I don't think it necessary to provide what he/she was living w/o for so long, I am not the saving grace. If it's something for the process, so prob, plurging..don't think so. If i am bearly the "breadwinner" here for myself..how am i now to take on someone else, just b/c payrate is less..payscale in JA for the persons who do not have stable, flourishing jobs are not great that is a given. The yno all of a sudden become "poor things" and us become "worry warts". If they are starving of course u give what u can...again plurging needs nope, not me.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
quana people get arrested for letting stuff hang...LOL

yall think its too early to get in the bed?

Why are you asking when we all know that you won't stay there long...yuh tuh rass fass...and yuh love suss same wey. :rofl: :rofl: So have you decided on an actual date yet?

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline

Have any of you guys had beef soup here in Jamaica? My SO made some and the beef taste soooo different from what I am used to. Not sure if is just me or beef just taste different than US.

btw The soup was delicous but the actual beef I had to leave in the bowl.

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Timeline

Jaws nope no date yet, July is out though, cause i dont have enough PTO to go and have time to stay and visit after, my pto will roll over in September so im thinking october now, that way i wont be rushed to get back to the states

Timeline

Never had beef in JA before but I've heard from others that it's different. It's probably healthier than ours cause they don't have all those hormone injections but who knows?? I usually just each chicken, fish and a little goat when I'm there.

Kimmy, what's plurging? Me neva hear dat before.

Ells, that's suppose to b e SPLURGE...

LOL! Okay, thanks I get it now! Is that kinda like how some Jamaicans say the word 'STOP' without the 's'?? :lol:

Timeline
jawi.. mi sey that man of urs is cetainly making a difference.. i was proud of u TODAY!!!! ya back is diminishing b4 we very eyes!!!

i will have to go read the story's again since it look like i will not see my man in a while.. mek get my pillow and a copy of stella LMAO

OK..did i say something to start the 2 way convo? i'm trying to think..cause u'll know i forget every damn thing..

I hope i never implied Ells' man was using her? No shoes neva fit so mi neva wear none. I stand by what I say before the LDR, during the LDR and after the LDR. I'm sorry but there are clear signs for some..and we have to be realistic to Jamaica and it's high fraud there. Yes, I stand by having one foot in and one foot out UNTIL u urself settle ur brain and decide what to be will be. I never pretended to act like my relationship is perfect.

Jawi, on the point of being the breadwinner, my issue is not with helping out in situations. I don't think it necessary to provide what he/she was living w/o for so long, I am not the saving grace. If it's something for the process, so prob, plurging..don't think so. If i am bearly the "breadwinner" here for myself..how am i now to take on someone else, just b/c payrate is less..payscale in JA for the persons who do not have stable, flourishing jobs are not great that is a given. The yno all of a sudden become "poor things" and us become "worry warts". If they are starving of course u give what u can...again plurging needs nope, not me.

Big Sigh! That was not the point of my thread.

Easy nuh. Yuh knoa ow mi stay and same wey mi knoa yuh zeen? Mi point his dat wan ooman may see giving wan raassclatt cent tuh much and a red flag tuh elp yuh man nyam. De next ooman may nuh see buying houses, cars, clothes, tickets to Rebel Salute, Dancehall Explosion, tickets to Germany etc as a red flag. Mi knoa nuff farrin ooman pay fe man tuh build dem house ah yaad yuh feel mi...dem tink ah sey dem house dat...im tell every rass person ah fi im house...nuh "we" inna ie. Mi nuh ear suss...mi ear first hand. Red flag tuh yuh ar mi ah de next wan...probably HE!! YES...but if dat man and ooman hagree an feel comfortable bout ow dem run dem yaad...ah nuh red flag fe dem zeen?

Mi juss wan de ooman gwaan easy dem self and stop post so much bloodclatt disclaimers when most knoa ah nuh ow ie go most time inna dem relationship. Dem get scared fe say dem visit Western Union or Moneygram more time dan dem like cuz dem love de man and ow it go sometimes. Mi say if de man tell nuff woe is mi stories...beg fe wan smalls nuff time and ie nuh feel tuh righted den de lady nuh fe ignore ie. But, if she halright wid sending $$ and helping har man wid whatever...nuh bodda chat bout mi neva do and im neva ask zeen just because yuh nuh wan wan next person fe see red flag. Nuff respect babes...*****mmmmuuuaaahhh*****

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

stop ya fuss fuss, mi just call ya name, ca ie like magic , when ya call her name she come LOL just playing.. i was just saying jawi's temper a cool off a bit, but ie take a likkle more time fa u to improve LOL..i am proud of both of my hot yardie sistern dat tan tall, but cool at di same time today!!

alright ladies,, mek mi go find mi pillow and dream of mi man in some stella type positions..thanks jawi!! love ya'll

Timeline

Big Sigh! That was not the point of my thread.

Easy nuh. Yuh knoa ow mi stay and same wey mi knoa yuh zeen? Mi point his dat wan ooman may see giving wan raassclatt cent tuh much and a red flag tuh elp yuh man nyam. De next ooman may nuh see buying houses, cars, clothes, tickets to Rebel Salute, Dancehall Explosion, tickets to Germany etc as a red flag. Mi knoa nuff farrin ooman pay fe man tuh build dem house ah yaad yuh feel mi...dem tink ah sey dem house dat...im tell every rass person ah fi im house...nuh "we" inna ie. Mi nuh ear suss...mi ear first hand. Red flag tuh yuh ar mi ah de next wan...probably HE!! YES...but if dat man and ooman hagree an feel comfortable bout ow dem run dem yaad...ah nuh red flag fe dem zeen?

Mi juss wan de ooman gwaan easy dem self and stop post so much bloodclatt disclaimers when most knoa ah nuh ow ie go most time inna dem relationship. Dem get scared fe say dem visit Western Union or Moneygram more time dan dem like cuz dem love de man and ow it go sometimes. Mi say if de man tell nuff woe is mi stories...beg fe wan smalls nuff time and ie nuh feel tuh righted den de lady nuh fe ignore ie. But, if she halright wid sending $$ and helping har man wid whatever...nuh bodda chat bout mi neva do and im neva ask zeen just because yuh nuh wan wan next person fe see red flag. Nuff respect babes...*****mmmmuuuaaahhh*****

WHEW!!...ok..NOW mi get it..cause mi a seh lawd a wah mi seh? ok..yea..no, mi no fraid fi seh mi send mi husband a money and ppl shouldn't feel like that though...ok..mi get it..sarry mi slow :)(L)

stop ya fuss fuss, mi just call ya name, ca ie like magic , when ya call her name she come LOL just playing.. i was just saying jawi's temper a cool off a bit, but ie take a likkle more time fa u to improve LOL..i am proud of both of my hot yardie sistern dat tan tall, but cool at di same time today!!

alright ladies,, mek mi go find mi pillow and dream of mi man in some stella type positions..thanks jawi!! love ya'll

no man Q..no fuss..mi just a sey a ting..mi criss

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Okay, I have two gripes:

Me feeling very crampy all day and my boss being jerky does NOT make a good combo. So far so good though....only an hour and a half to go and we'll be free and clear.

But here's what's bugging me this afternoon. I have a co-worker friend who happens to be seeing a married man for maybe almost 4 years now. She confides in me because I tend not to be judgemental but at the same time I'm not very supportive and always try to tell her to go find a man of her own. She's satisfied with this 'in limbo' relationship apparently though. What bugs me the most in all this is when she tells me how she went out to lunch with the man and his almost 3 y/o son and she just dotes on the little boy, always buying him matchbox cars and spoiling him when they're together. She told me today that when they last had lunch the other day, he said to her in spanish, "mi madre" which of course means 'my mother'. She was so proud of this and I told her (with a totally straight, non-joking face) that it sounds like 'The Hand That Rocks the Cradle' and she thought I was saying something funny. Then I asked her how she'd feel if she had a child and that child was calling some other woman 'mother'. I got some reply that I didn't even really listen to but it was some excuse as usual. Part of me wants to discontinue the friendship because I don't agree with all this and get really irritated listening to the stories but it's hard because she always comes into my office to visit. I suppose if I pissed her off with the truth one day, she'd probably stop talking to me so that might solve that. Part of me likes her though cause she can be pretty funny.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good evening ladies, WoW are we still on the same subject of RED FLAGS and such. All I have to say is that we are grown A$$ women and God blessed us with great intuition the sooner WE (and I am speaking for all of us because WE have all made stupid mistakes about a man either here or in JA) stop making our hearts make decisions that brain should be making and OPEN our eyes the better off we would be.

"Patience with others is Love, Patience with self is Hope, Patience with God is Faith."--

Adel Bestavros

Timeline

Lovesponge, No, sorry no stupid mistakes here sorry..so please don't speak for me. I am not on any issue i'm just trying to make something clear of what i said, and if u see Jawi clarified and I ended it. No need for what u said, i think that was unecessary!

Timeline
Lawny and Hotlegz..things are good. Somedays are better than others. Some of the stuff we are dealing with is the same..him hanging out with friends. However, as long as I don't nag him he comes on home and limits the outings and the minute I start giving him grief..well you know. Otherwise I'm still trying to get prego and no luck yet. I'm disappointed every month

No worry wakey...it's will happen. Shoot you may even have twins.

Lawny and Hotlegz..things are good. Somedays are better than others. Some of the stuff we are dealing with is the same..him hanging out with friends. However, as long as I don't nag him he comes on home and limits the outings and the minute I start giving him grief..well you know. Otherwise I'm still trying to get prego and no luck yet. I'm disappointed every month

Wakey;

I hold your hand, we're in the same both. In due time, you'll be blessed...but on the real...AIN'T IT FUN TRYING :devil:

Baby soon come. Twins.. :thumbs:

Since $$$ seems to be the issue today........Everyone please send positive thoughts to JA for my hubby (michael) as he has his first round of interviews today to go to Canada for a work program.......like that segway??? We need him to go and make some $$$ cause I can't do this process on my income and his JA income alone.......He has been waiting for the interview for 4 hours already...says that there are over 300 people there.... Poor baby...left home at 4am to be there on time by 7:30.

Good thoughts and prayers to our fellow namesake! I hope it works in his favor and his patience will pay off.

Well, he just sent a message....Honey I failed... :crying: Then he called to say they barely even asked him 4 questions....it wasnt a good fit. They needed farm workers and he works in an office situation. I am a true beleiver that everything happens for a reason and thus...something better is awaiting him and we will make it through this journey...pinching penny's! :blush::thumbs:

Just feel bad cause he is feeling beaten down..... Chearleader Moira to the rescue...ra ra ra!!!!

Do you have the information on how to get an interview? Can you share? I know someone trying to get on farm work.

KK

KK-One day out of the blue his boss came to him and told him that she was submitting him for this Canadian Farm workers program. That was on a Tuesday, by Wednesday he had to have to recommendations from his pastor and a previous employeer and the papers were sent off on Thursday. He didn't hear anything about it until a month later which was last Thursday where they told him he needed to go for the interview TODAY. That is all the info he had. When I would probe him for more info he said it always happens like this....very quick and limited info. He currently works for the Department of Labor and Social Security and it was his "supervisor" who was some sort of recruiter. Wish I had more info as possibly we wouldn't have gone through the build up only to be let down now knowing that it was still a crapshoot as it was protrayed as a shoe-in.

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
Okay, I have two gripes:

Me feeling very crampy all day and my boss being jerky does NOT make a good combo. So far so good though....only an hour and a half to go and we'll be free and clear.

But here's what's bugging me this afternoon. I have a co-worker friend who happens to be seeing a married man for maybe almost 4 years now. She confides in me because I tend not to be judgemental but at the same time I'm not very supportive and always try to tell her to go find a man of her own. She's satisfied with this 'in limbo' relationship apparently though. What bugs me the most in all this is when she tells me how she went out to lunch with the man and his almost 3 y/o son and she just dotes on the little boy, always buying him matchbox cars and spoiling him when they're together. She told me today that when they last had lunch the other day, he said to her in spanish, "mi madre" which of course means 'my mother'. She was so proud of this and I told her (with a totally straight, non-joking face) that it sounds like 'The Hand That Rocks the Cradle' and she thought I was saying something funny. Then I asked her how she'd feel if she had a child and that child was calling some other woman 'mother'. I got some reply that I didn't even really listen to but it was some excuse as usual. Part of me wants to discontinue the friendship because I don't agree with all this and get really irritated listening to the stories but it's hard because she always comes into my office to visit. I suppose if I pissed her off with the truth one day, she'd probably stop talking to me so that might solve that. Part of me likes her though cause she can be pretty funny.

Ells...to thine self be true. If something makes you uncomfortable, it is up to you to talk it out or change the situation. Telling her how you feel about extra-marital affairs is not judgemental...just your honest feeling. You don't have to judge her situation by saying simply "Look Mabel...I know you feel okay about dating a married man but my person belief system will not let me support you in that. I belief marriage is sacred...xyz and so forth." Then, tell her that you are comfortable talking about any other subject but her trying to fill another woman's shoes. If she decides to end the friendship, then she wasn't a friend from the start...she simply needed a sounding board and someone to make her feel right or cute.

Good evening ladies, WoW are we still on the same subject of RED FLAGS and such. All I have to say is that we are grown A$$ women and God blessed us with great intuition the sooner WE (and I am speaking for all of us because WE have all made stupid mistakes about a man either here or in JA) stop making our hearts make decisions that brain should be making and OPEN our eyes the better off we would be.

You said it in a nutshell. Dang I went all around the world trying to say the same thing. :whistle::innocent: The only thing about a forum is that everyone will never be logged on or at the same spot at the same time...so it will continue to be discussed until it dies its own natural death.

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.