SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly don't stress...as Lawny told me it is no big deal and it isn't. And tell him to stop listening to people. Have all your stuff in order and you will be fine.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks philly for commiserating with me... i took my azz to Dairy Queen and now im sitting here stuffing my face, hopefully i will feel better, may be a tad gassy but definitely will feel better for the time being...LOL

LOL JAHoney you are funny :rofl: I wish I could have some ice cream this diet has got me starving LOL We had a pot luck today at work and I was the only one eating salad and carrot sticks. :blink:

Philly don't stress...as Lawny told me it is no big deal and it isn't. And tell him to stop listening to people. Have all your stuff in order and you will be fine.

Thanks Dillon, I will tell him :bonk: I have a huge accordion folder full of all of the documents I even made a checklist. What do you think, is this what they are looking for?

Embassy Interview Checklist

USCIS Approval letter(s) I-130, I-129F

Sealed Medical Packet

2 Passport photos

Beneficiary’s Passport

Petitioner’s Passport

Copy of DS230 packet (1st page signed, 2nd page not yet signed)

Petitioners original Birth Certificate

Beneficiary’s original Birth Certificate

Original Marriage Certificate

Original Police Certificate

Photocopies of Husband's passport

DHL delivery Visa fee

Copy of AOS I-1864 packet

Employment Verification

Recent Paystubs

W2 (2006, 2007, 2008)

1040 US Income Tax Return (2006 & 2007, 2008)

Pictures:

Wedding

Honeymoon Pictures

Past visits

Cards

Phone records:

Verizon

ATT

Digicel Top up Credits

Credits

Calling cards

Ringyard

Joint Ownership:

Apt. Lease

Rental receipts

Scotia Bank Acct Transfers/Withdrawals

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I agree with Dillon - if you're on your game you will be fine. People lose to tell stories, just like when you are pregnant they love to tell their horror story.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly I don't know about CR1 but we needed 4 passport photos.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Philly I don't know about CR1 but we needed 4 passport photos.

Oh Lawd I will have him take more, he just gave 4 to the hospital for the medical. Also we sent 2 along with the DS-230. :blink: I read on the site they only needed 2 pics for the interview but we will have 4 just in case :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
DILLON: CONGRATZ !! I WISH U AND YOUR SO THE BEST..I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU..CANT WAIT FOR MY JOURNEY TO BEGIN AND END ..XOXO

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I'm confused about the police certificate. I thought you had to get it from the places you lived since 16, but after reading more it looks like you get it in Kingston (even if you never lived there). So does my SO just need to get it in Kingston for all the places he lived? Also, will they mail it to him or does he have to go back down there and pick it up? I understand it's not given that day.

u get a police record if u live in a country for 6 mths or more. i had to get 2 police record one from jam and the other from cayman because i lived there for over a year. you will have to request the police record directly from that country but you can get the fingerprints taken care of at the police station in kgn that handles police records.

Yeah, finished it on time but of course at the very last minute. Now I can relax for a minute! As for the rest I'm pretty good....happy we're starting to see spring.

Well June isn't too far away now. Where are all of you going to stay? Are they excited to meet the SO?

We are going to stay at Hidden Paradise....I'm a serious creature of habit and that is home base for me! I'm not sure there will be a "meeting" since it's up in the air right now! I'm just going because I'm excited to share it with my kids!

Who are you meeting with? And what is up in th air? Did I miss something important? Forgive my ignorance if this was discussed before.

yes claire mi fass like u . i ask the same question just waitin for the answer when she returns

There really isn't an answer. I am choosing not to share the details for many reasons! But I'm sure it is what you think it is. Sorry for being so vague....I know I should have never let on on here to begin with. But I know Ells from before VJ and she asked so I answered. I could have pm'd her....I know. Sorry guys...nothing to see here. :blush:

event.png

Timeline
EXACTLY.. we can't take care of everything and then when he get here EXPECT for him to START taking on some of the responsibility we had harbored all throughout the romance.. that expectation has to be established from the start.. when i first met RG i used to intentionally not take my wallet (heck i did that w/ guys here, cuz don't know if ya'll noticed alot of men are becoming SORRY!!!!!!! another subject) so if he couldnt pay for it then WE don't need it..

so anyway, now that i know he is an upstanding guy and is not out to spend up all my money, i don't mind sharing in expenses, we are working together for a set goal.

God forbid me get wid a man that only identifies w/ his own struggle.. i knew this dude that was quick to tell me when he didn't have no gas money, but when i started trying to talk about my finanical woes, he came back w/ but quana u have a good job and u don't know how it is not to eat but once a day not cuz u choose to but cuz u have to :blink::angry: .. i knew right then and there, he was not the one for me!!!

LOL, Quana you and I are a lot alike - I do that with DJ too - We hold each other down - there are times when he hasn't had money bc of the accident & stuff - and I don't mind picking up the ball then - but when he does have $, I never bring my wallet when we go out - In Jan. when we were in Mo Bay, we went for a late dinner, then we were going to MVille - after dinner, he went to the bathroom - I sat there, the waitress brought the check, he came back and asked if we were set - I said no - pay the bill - He was shocked that I hadn't paid it - I told him I didn't bring money with me - He paid, we left the restaurant - flew past MVille and he pulled into the hotel - I was confused - He had put enough money in his pocket for us to go out, and had to go back and get more money, lol

i'm so upset i havent even started my k-1 yet..i just send my SO the forms to fill out and send back to me ...i already have everything else i need for the package..so hopefully i will have it sent out by next month.. :thumbs:

same thing i told ells nikki girl.. don't think u are going too slow.. Gods timing is divine.. of course that don't mean drag our feet, but don't be discouraged if things don't happen as fast as others..

i haven't filed yet, not quite ready, but i get to thinking MAN, by the time i do file, i could have went through the process 2 times or more.. or he could have been here and working by now..

these thoughts will make us go crazy... enjoy where u are now, now matter how frustrating LOL

good advice.. rg and i too have tried to discipline ourselves when it comes to talk time..

alright ladies, im leaving early today, just cuz i can LOL.. had some scheduled leave, then i will be mad when i don't have enough leave and I REALLY need to do something OH WELL carpe diem lol bout to go enjoy the day..

Enjoy your night, Quana!

Quana you are on the money today - Heaven, everything happens in its time - I know how frustrating it is - But when I look back now, I am grateful for the delays that DJ and I have had - because we truly have been through a lot together, spent a lot of time together, and that time has only made us stronger in us - it was worth it in the end. Of course now, if the BLOODCLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IDIOT doesn't get his decree this week, I might be in jail in JA for murder instead of my wedding, lol

Jengles, sorry you are having a bad day!

Ryon - hope your dad is feeling better, I know how hard that is.

:rofl: Sus - you're off the chain!! :yes:

Nope they haven't been. That was Multnomah Falls in Oregon, near Portland! Beautiful there too! This will be their first trip out of the states! The "situation" is what it is and I'm better with it since its been some time now! I believe everything happens for a reason even if we don't know why! And that time tells everything........so we will see! Maybe he will step it up and maybe he won't! I'm not counting on anything anymore! But don't get me wrong, we still talk and he knows we are coming.

I'm just dying to be in Jamaica.....I LOVVVVVE that place regardless!

Sounds like you're in a good spot. I been thinking about you.

Awww thanks Island......I appreciate that. And the "talk" we had too! It's hard....everything about LDR's and the stereotyping about bringing someone here.

event.png

Timeline
We are going to stay at Hidden Paradise....I'm a serious creature of habit and that is home base for me! I'm not sure there will be a "meeting" since it's up in the air right now! I'm just going because I'm excited to share it with my kids!

I'm that way too. If I were going to stay in a hotel it would probably be the Bar B Barn cause it's what I know. Sorry to hear about the uncertainty of your situation. I hope everything works out the best for you though. You mean the kids haven't been to JA before? I remember seeing your pic on that 'other' board & it even looked like one of the waterfalls there.

Nope they haven't been. That was Multnomah Falls in Oregon, near Portland! Beautiful there too! This will be their first trip out of the states! The "situation" is what it is and I'm better with it since its been some time now! I believe everything happens for a reason even if we don't know why! And that time tells everything........so we will see! Maybe he will step it up and maybe he won't! I'm not counting on anything anymore! But don't get me wrong, we still talk and he knows we are coming.

I'm just dying to be in Jamaica.....I LOVVVVVE that place regardless!

Hey....you were in my backyard!! Come here often???

My kids and I go there at least once a year. My best friend lives in Gresham. I would pick up and move there if I could take everyone that I love here in California with me!!

event.png

Timeline

Philli....thanks for the info, I will pass it on to my friend

Mrslady....next time you pass through drop me a line....maybe we can link up

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline

Ells,

DOn't bee foolish...keep ur eyes opened..i'm not saying this is a redflag or he's using u..BUT he needs to be showing an effort! It seems he's buying the $100 credits to satisfy his calling to u for the moment..do not feel it necessary to be the one keeping communication opened both ways..if u can call and it's cheaper..u do just that..call when u can...he always new he made little money..that's not new..how was he surviving before? How long have u known him Ells?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Ells,

DOn't bee foolish...keep ur eyes opened..i'm not saying this is a redflag or he's using u..BUT he needs to be showing an effort! It seems he's buying the $100 credits to satisfy his calling to u for the moment..do not feel it necessary to be the one keeping communication opened both ways..if u can call and it's cheaper..u do just that..call when u can...he always new he made little money..that's not new..how was he surviving before? How long have u known him Ells?

Speak Preacher!! Ells, basically what she is saying is use the same common sense with a long distance relationship with a Jamaican man as you would with an American Man! If you take away the accent, the beach and the curry chicken . THEY ALL THE SAME MEN!!! LMAO

Hi guys, Just doing my weekly "catch up" take care!

Jai

Elite Upscale Weddings, Negril, Jamaica Quality Weddings Affordable Prices ,www.eliteupscaleweddings.com

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: Got a question that has nothing to do with this wonderful journey...... :whistle:

---I have a friend who is being harrassed by an x-boyfriend via internet. He has made threats to harm her so she has a restraining order against him but he now is harrassing her and her friends (me included). Has even created false profiles to send false complaints to her employer. Has anyone ever had any history of dealing with a situation like this? She is at her wits end and causing her to seek mental help for his crazy crazy attacks and constant harrassment. Every day she awaits a call from someone else saying he has contacted them. He has concocted a story about her current boyfriend...making a fake woman and claiming that she is ingaged to him(confusing huh). He leaves multiple long drawn out messages on her voicemail and now causing her to change her number which is also her private business number. I am in the process of wanting to write to Oprah because I bet there are many women/men who have dealt with similar crazy x-lovers. Any advise???

I would make out a police report and have them advise. Harassment is harassment no matter how it comes to you. They have divisions for computer crimes. Keep all records.

Yeah that is what she is doing...it is amazing how quickly your life can be turned upside down by someone from your past.....Its a good thing he moved to another state because I would be the one going to jail....I'd have to seriously hurt him (and thats being nice).

Every profile that is fake, report it to the site (myspace, FB, etc...) - For emails - report them to their ISP provider as harassment - file a police report definitely - save the vm, play them for the police - the key is document, document, document -

Totally agree, Know of someone who had problems at home but never documented anything. Her co-worker who she opened up to documented everything even her daying if she does not show up to work ..yada, yada yada. this was used to convict the husband...her co-worker's documentation.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Ells,

Speak Preacher!! Ells, basically what she is saying is use the same common sense with a long distance relationship with a Jamaican man as you would with an American Man! If you take away the accent, the beach and the curry chicken . THEY ALL THE SAME MEN!!! LMAO

Hi guys, Just doing my weekly "catch up" take care!

Jai

exactly Jai...how r u?

many ppl on here fail to see what is infront of the..as if this man is some how "better", "more honest" etc, than the ones infront of us..OPEN UR EYES...asking for money never starts right away!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.