SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am so tired of work! I need a break!

Ok... random question: has anyone ever tried a Brazilian wax?? I have been wanting to try it, but I am SCARED of the pain. What was your experience??

Its a short term pain for long term good feeling....meaning...yes it is painful but the after result is soooo much better than shaving or any other removal methods. Just make sure you get someone who is experienced and uses good product. Out my way there are places that only do wax...those are the best. DO NOT GET IT DONE AT A NAIL SALON....Start out with a bikini wax and each time go back and take more off....it is easier that way to get used to it. DO NOT TRY AND DO THIS AT HOME. FYI I am an esthetician and do this for a living. Any questions PM me.....

Thanks Jamerican!!

Ok.... true story... I actually did try it at home and let me tell you... it was a mess!! First off, I think my wax strips were OLD! (Sorry Jamerican, :blush: ) And, sorry ya'll for this TMI, but I started from the rooter... and NOTHING came off. All I had was a bunch of sticky wax on my bum!! And when I stood up... I was CLOSED SHUT! I quickly jumped into the shower. :blink:

Needless to say... I will leave it to the PROFESSIONALS!! (which I should have done from the beginning!)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::wow:

Well I have thought about it MsBuggy but I think im not ready for that kind of pain ;)

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
oh jawi my hair is black and alot finer.i am a stay at home mom for now.hopefully i can get up and get to work within a year and a half. how is the wedding arrangement going?

Girl I think all women should be stay at home mothers...IMHO. LOL

I am not sure about the wedding arrangements. I am still thinking about doing a beach ceremony in Florida but A doesn't want anything to happen to me. He is in the overly protective mode right now. When he calls, he tells me to connect my bluetooth headset and he will wait because he doesnt want me to crook the phone between my ear and shoulder. That's my baby though.

now that sweet and i know the feeling. it's very hard to feel like you can protect ur woman when u are miles away. hubby used to worry about me at 7pm. he hated when i would leave the house or not answer the phone after a few rings.

It is cute...but nerve wracking sometimes. I know that it will be worse when he actually gets here. He will fuss at me for hours if I tell him about my day and I did something that he thinks is too strenuous. Like I'm excercising now...and I wouldn't dare tell him because I wouldn't hear the end of it. I told him that I went grocery shopping for the first time in months. You would think I told him that I scaled the Blue Mountains or something....lawd. I just grin and bear it because I know it is coming from a loving place.

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

Timeline
Excuse me please while I vent....and ignore me if you want....I just need to get this out!

My boss just came in and chatters away talking to himself and it makes it hard to concentrate on writing my mid-term paper due in 3 1/2 hours on the DRIEST subject matter EVER! This American Govt stuff makes me want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out!! It's hard enough for me to focus as it is and now my boss had to come in and interrupt me in every way possible! LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH (and a brain please)! :(:wacko::dead::help::help::help::crying::clock:

Ells ---aren't you supposed to "work" at work? :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
jakeswife, Nelly, and Ellsinlove, I will be on my way to Jamaica tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. See you'll next Friday.

Have a good trip Roxcie.

well its the last week in april..the only other option is my dad's address which where all my mail goes now anyways nut then again he doesnt even know about my SO ...let alone that i'm filing for him and that i'm engaged...it kinda complicated :unsure: ..but then again i dont wanna wait that long becuz i want him here asap !!..feel better jakeswife

How about just opening a post office box for 6 months - then you wouldn't have to worry about a change of address.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Trecia..LOL..now mi feel like mi knoa..yuh it's been too dyam long fi no know yuh name :)

ok..mi know mi suppose to comment pon something else but mi figet..ohhh geesh

kimmy?? ya mean to tell me dere was someone ya deal wid BEFORE kashi?? LOL

LMAO..yes maam..yyup yup..he's a twin..a case of no ready fi life..long time ago though..but we still chat when we see each other..

Jawi...mi no know if u a go be able fi di pick....if u no him fren?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Hey Mrs P,

Re: my friend i had to tell her how i felt but i waited until this morning when i wasnt hot to death :lol:

she then said well she is happy for me, yeah whatever, she let her feelings be known yesterday so im ok with it, i prayed on it and cried a bit, but im good, now its time to focus on me.

20 days JA soon come

im trying to figure out what to do with my hair, i dont want to do any more singles cause im scared im gonna thin my hair out again, and it just finally re thickened, i was thinking cornrows but i havent worn them in years and am scared i might look like :alien: and then i thought about a weave but if a hot flash catches me in JA im gonna be somewhere trying to remove tracks so im stuck????

Timeline
DSCN0207.jpg

on here

Hi NYCGIRL..how r u doing ?

Oh, same ones as on FB

I am trying to catch up....gotta read backwards or else it will take forever.....engaged....hmmmm, knew it was coming now gotta find your trip report,,,,

Congrats Jamerican or should I say Mrs. Reid! you look beautiful I love your locs! (F) (F)

jamerican you have dreads like me. how did u find your hairdresser? i live in indiana and i am having a hard time finding a good hairdresser to groom my hair

I live up in the pacific NW...OREGON and have lots of white rastas who's hair needs more care to lock....thus, there are many people who tighten up loc's up here...myself included. Was thinking about that being a side venture for myself because to install from scratch it costs anywhere from $300-$700 depending on length....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Timeline
DSCN0207.jpg

on here

Hi NYCGIRL..how r u doing ?

Oh, same ones as on FB

I am trying to catch up....gotta read backwards or else it will take forever.....engaged....hmmmm, knew it was coming now gotta find your trip report,,,,

Congrats Jamerican or should I say Mrs. Reid! you look beautiful I love your locs! (F) (F)

jamerican you have dreads like me. how did u find your hairdresser? i live in indiana and i am having a hard time finding a good hairdresser to groom my hair

I live up in the pacific NW...OREGON and have lots of white rastas who's hair needs more care to lock....thus, there are many people who tighten up loc's up here...myself included. Was thinking about that being a side venture for myself because to install from scratch it costs anywhere from $300-$700 depending on length....

:o:o WHAT IN THE SAMSIGGIDY!!?? That is alot of money to start locks...I think the most expensive I've seen here in NC is about $250-300 (and that's with the longer hair). My starter locks cost me $65. My retwist cost $55, and that's with the wash & deep conditioning. Remind me to stay down here in NC!

Hey Mrs P,

Re: my friend i had to tell her how i felt but i waited until this morning when i wasnt hot to death :lol:

she then said well she is happy for me, yeah whatever, she let her feelings be known yesterday so im ok with it, i prayed on it and cried a bit, but im good, now its time to focus on me.

20 days JA soon come

im trying to figure out what to do with my hair, i dont want to do any more singles cause im scared im gonna thin my hair out again, and it just finally re thickened, i was thinking cornrows but i havent worn them in years and am scared i might look like :alien: and then i thought about a weave but if a hot flash catches me in JA im gonna be somewhere trying to remove tracks so im stuck????

Honey, why don't u just do one of those fake ponytails? That seems simple enough...and it won't be so hot on your neck either! And I don't think you'll look like an :alien:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Hey Everyone

Congrats Jamerican!!! So did you plan to get married this trip or was it just spur of the moment? Thats so exciting! Wish I could more pics from you and Sus' trip. I have never even been on facebook...

yeah it was planned but kept it undercover.....Girl go on facebook....it is fun and I just posted a couple....

Visa Journey

Service Center :

Consulate : Jamaica

03-13-2009 : Married

10-16-2009: I-130 Sent to Chicago

10-18-2009: I-130 Delivered

10-23-2009: Cashed check

10-23-2009: NOA1

10-27-2009: Touched

02-08-2010: NOA2!! APPROVED!! email/text received

02-13-2010: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC JOURNEY

02-12-2010: NVC Case # assigned

02-15-2010: email address given to NVC operator

02-22-2010: AOS/DS3032 email received by NVC

02-22-2010: AOS $70 bill paid

02-22-2010: DS3032 Hardcopy Fedx

02-23-2010: DS3032 received signed for by K.STLAURENT

03-04-2010: DS3032 accepted and system updated

03-04-2010: paid IV bill

took a long time to send in ppwk due to husband's birth certificate delay :(

got birth certificate FINALLY!!!

didn't keep good records...sent in the ppwk and got a RFE for copy of passport

06-24-2010: NVC received the form I forgot to send ...oops

08-02-2010: still waiting on a case complete.....ughhhhh

08-10-2010: 2nd RFE for an updated police record-although the one we have was dated 4 months ago......ughhhhhhh

09-01-2010: NVC received checklist letter with a new police report..

09-23-2010: case complete FINALLY

11-12-2010: Interview-blue slip, need of a co-sponsor & petitioner at interview

12-07-2010: Petitioner interview w/co-sponsor paperwork

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:o:o WHAT IN THE SAMSIGGIDY!!?? That is alot of money to start locks...I think the most expensive I've seen here in NC is about $250-300 (and that's with the longer hair). My starter locks cost me $65. My retwist cost $55, and that's with the wash & deep conditioning. Remind me to stay down here in NC!

Seriously, that's expensive. I wonder how much sisterlocks cost because they are more.

Jakewife - here's a good natural hair forum http://www.nappturality.com/. Someone may suggest a good hairdresser in your area. That's how I found mine.

Timeline

Seriously, that's expensive. I wonder how much sisterlocks cost because they are more.

Jakewife - here's a good natural hair forum http://www.nappturality.com/. Someone may suggest a good hairdresser in your area. That's how I found mine.

thanks cause i am not trying to look like bob marley love him but nuh want the hair

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello & Good night ladies! I have not been on here in almost a week... lots to catch up on. Hope all is well in VJ land!! My hubby is STILL not here. He is driving me crazy. BUT I do know he will be here soon, cuz friday is the 20th... and his hint was that he'll be here on the 20something. We'll see.

06/15/07 Arrive to Jamaica for our wedding

06/20/07 Wedding in Jamaica

07/06/07 Back to US... left my hubby... sad, sad day

07/28/07 Sent I-130

09/07/07 Noa 1

12/17/07 Left for Jamaica for the holidays

01/04/08 Back to USA... man I miss my hubby!! I really enjoyed spending the holidays w/ him...

02/07/08 I-130 approved... another step closer...

03/03/08 Received DS-3032 & I-864 Bill

03/13/08 Sent I-864 fee

03/27/08 Emailed the DS 3032 (hubby never received in mail)

04/02/08 Received notice from NVC that DS 3032 approved... I should be getting something soon, I HOPE

04/07/08 IV fee bill generated

04/14/08 Received I-864 Affidavit of Support... can't wait til this is OVER!!

04/16/08 Mailed off the AOS...

04/23/08 Received the Visa fee bill

05/09/08 Received DS230 letter, will mail this along w/ visa fee soon...

06/11/08 Went to visit my baby...

06/20/08 Celebrated our 1 year Anniversary!!!

06/25/08 Left my hubby... again... HOPEFULLY, this will be the L-A-S-T time!!!

07/23/08 SENT OFF VISA FEE TODAY!! I AM SO EXCITED..HENCE THE ALL CAPS, LOL

10/14/08 Case complete!! Waiting for the interview date.... HURRY PLEASE!!!

01/06/09 Interview date: February 17 @ 7:30AM!!!!!!!

02/03/09 Hubby's dr's appt. (All went well)

02/17/09 Interview day... APPROVED! He should receive his Visa the first week in March.

02/24/09 My bday!! AND hubby was called to pick up his visa!!!! GREAT BDAY GIFT!!

03/27/09 My hubby surprised me at my job!!! Can not believe he's finally here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Excuse me please while I vent....and ignore me if you want....I just need to get this out!

My boss just came in and chatters away talking to himself and it makes it hard to concentrate on writing my mid-term paper due in 3 1/2 hours on the DRIEST subject matter EVER! This American Govt stuff makes me want to bang my head against the wall until I pass out!! It's hard enough for me to focus as it is and now my boss had to come in and interrupt me in every way possible! LORD GIVE ME STRENGTH (and a brain please)! :(:wacko::dead::help::help::help::crying::clock:

Woman you are really tripping me out. You are on work time venting about the boss actually requesting you to do what he pays you for...the NERVE. LMAO...I know the feeling though.

Hey Everyone !! So I'm feeling so depressed missing my SO ...trying to focus on school..and finances..etc.. i'm not sure if i should focus more on my next trip to JA which i'm planning for May or if i should focus on sending off my K-1 packet.. :help: ...but my mom just bought a house and we're moving to a permenant residence next month so i'm thinking i should wait to send off my package until then so i wont have to worry about address change and all that..but i'm feeling like the longer i wait the longer it will take for him to get here .. :crying:

well it's a done deal that u are moving and since you know the address why not put the address of where u will be staying. i was in a similar situation when i was in jam. i relocated to another apartment but had the old address as my means of contact. well since j was here in the states i just made him collect the name. i forget the name that they call that transfer. jam postal service is very slow so i was pleased that j could get the info and then faxed it over to me.

i thought about that but we're not moving in until may 1 so i dont want anything to be sent to the new address..and i'm no there yet..so i think i'll just wait..

I would say file and then do a change of address request. It does not hinder your processing time at all. You can call USCIS and they will change it over the phone for you.

Evening Ladies, Congratulations Jamerican you look so pretty and tropical.

NVC is really moving my case has already been transferred to Kingston so I am gonna give them a few days before I start emailing away :dance:

Woo-Hoo! I can't wait until I'm approved.

thanks jawi for the info i think i'm just gonna go thru with it..i already sent him the forms to sign and return to me ...he got them monday and he's gonna send them back by friday..so i'm gonna send my package the begining of next month i just wanna start this thing already..... :)

Vermont Service Center:

** 5/8/2009 - I29F Sent to VSC

** 5/12/2009- I29F Received @ VSC

** 5/13/2009- NOA1 Mailed

** 5/14/2009- Check Cashed

** 5/21/2009- NOA1 Received by Mail

** 9/11/2009- NOA2 via Email * Approved*

** 9/15/2009 - NVC Recieved/ KNG Case # assigned

** 9/18/2009 - Case left NVC for Kingston

** 9/18/2009- Kingston Recieved Case

** 9/19/2009- NOA2 Received by Mail

** 9/25/2009- Packet 3 Sent via Jamaica mail

** 10/2/2009- Packet 3-4 Recieved via Email

** 10/2/2009- Interview Day Assigned * OCTOBER 27TH 2009 *[APPROVED]*

**10/13/2009- Medical Completed

**10/27/2009- Interview[ blue slipped for not having medical]

**11/16/2009- Medical Picked up in KNG

**11/24/2009- Appt at Embassy [ turn in medical]

**12/1/2009- Visa in Hand

**12/2/2009 POE : Ft. Lauderdale !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.