SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi shemmy! Yep I am going to the interview.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
hey everybody..

looks like everyone getting ready for summer trips to JA EXCITING!!!

jonesie, man, i know u are ready to get out of the cage LOL.. we love our kids no doubt, but a little "ME" time is a must.. mash up di place my gyal!!!

Tonks Quana - mi ready fi brukout! Dancehall flop here in the Bay Area so mi naah go out again till mi reach yaad

Jonesie;

dancehall use to be hot back in the day in your area.

I stayed in the dancehall back in the day - and I mean that literally. Even on work nights I was at a dance. I miss those days :(

Jonesie, I sent you a PM bout the hotel...I miss the dancehall days to, I remembered it was always 20 or more of us and we made a simple rule, we showed up together and we made sure we left together and we all go home safely. We would by a case of hieneken, red strip and white wine (I can't remember how to spell the name) "KHANI" and we had so much fun. I went to several dances with my husband since he moved here, but the vibes are not the same like they were back in the day. Now, the dancehall is about who is the BEST DRESS "MAN" or the best male dancer...the videoman not videotaping the women no more, it's the men they have on video dancing, I just stand there and laugh and don't get me started on the way the man dem dress. Last year when I went home we went to a dance in Portland and the guy that was standing next to me damn near scared me to death, I was like DID YOU ARCH YOUR EYEBROWS!...he's like ow u mean a di in ting...mi seh yes if u a one...cho! His pants was so damn tight and face bleach mi just a dead wid laugh.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Thats good.

Hey philly! How was your trip? Are you all ready for the interview?

HI ShaNette,

It was good too short but good I left Friday morning and returned last night :crying: but it was worth it to see my Honey.

We are definitely anxious and ready for this all to be over and done and him to be on the plane with me next journey. It was really depressing to have to return alone this time......

At least we were able to handle our business so we scheduled the medical appointment at Andrews Memorial and was able to locate his shot record but its in Westmoreland which he picks up this week. So hopefully he won't have to get any additional shots but he is going to his private Dr. to make sure :star:

Glad you had a nice trip Philly! Sounds like a productive trip too. I hope this moves fast for you and soon he can be coming home with you. :yes:

Mrs P, im not sure about bridesmaids yet, my girls want to come but my favorite color is orange and so my one friend complaining about she gonna look like a basketball,,, LOL.. them the dress is ivory and i want the flowers to be some sort of calla lillies or something like that, hell if worst comes to worst dollar store bouquet, here i come..:)

i know it seems as if im not real concerned with details and this is my first marriage but hell im 37 years old, i just dont have the energy to make a big production with my old azz... so i figure friends family my 49 dollar dress , a few flowers and its all good....:thumbs:

You and me both Honey! I'm not planning on anything large and complicated either. At this point, I can't even figure out WHERE to do it let alone anything else.

Shoot roxcie once i got to thinking about all the details i almost got overwhelmed, im like hair, flowers photographer accomodations...lawd its all to much.....

dont know how im gonna keep it simplified so i dont get anxious :huh:

Hey Honey, I signed up for the web site www.weddingwire.com and it helps you keep track of things or edit things out that you won't need. I played around with it for a while and it's pretty handy....also has a message board for all things wedding related.

It will be 110 degrees in July, so do you really want a long dress?

I was thinking about getting married in Redding, CA in August and realized it would also be ridiculously hot....may have to rethink that although my Mom would prefer we get married close to them.

Rox, we will just have to say our vows really fast and then i will make a run for it...LOL.. to peel out the dress. I was there last july and it was hot but not unbearable.

oh yeah i tried on some tea length dresses but none of them just blew me away and the ones that the consultant brought looked like they belonged on a 14 year old...LOL

I'm having a heck of a time finding a dress. I MUST HAVE a tea length dress and I refuse to wear sleeveless and it seems like most wedding dresses are only made that way. I'd like flutter sleeves or something I'd feel comfortable in. Where the heck do I go to find that???

Davids bridal can add or remove anything on a selected dress. So if you like a dress that is sleevless and it is long, they can make it a tea length w/fluttery sleeves.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, I've found two potential dresses I'd wear to get married in. I'm really leaning towards the pink one (but in white of course) but the style of the red one (also in white) is nice too. The only thing about the pink one is that I wish it was just a little shorter....like tea length. Each dress is only about $35 - 40 too depending on the size (probably a little more for the plus sizes). I know I won't look anything like the slender models but the pink one is more my style. What do you ladies think?

dressb.jpg

dress2u.jpg

Ells - I LOVE the pink one! That is the perfect beach dress!!

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Hola Senioritas! I've been catching up on reading and you guys have inspired me (although I should have been inspired before! :lol:) You can't imagine how much I've heard over the last 2 or 3 months, "Tamisha, you're putting on weight... " :angry: Not only from JA family, but from family and friends here too! Granted, the men like it :whistle: , but I'm still tired of hearing it. The sad thing is I used to be very active in the martial arts, so I stayed in pretty good shape, but the last 6 months or so, I have not been active like I used to. At one point I had stopped eating beef for several months, and I noticed that helped alot, and added more veggies to my diet...so, I guess I need to get back on the goodfoot! :star: I'm going to check out Dr. Ian's website, because I've heard alot of good thing about the Fat Smashy Thingy and I think that, or something similar to it, is what I wanna try. I also have in my mind to do the avonwalk for Breast Cancer here in Charlotte in Oct, so I figure I need to get prepared for that. My mother is a survivor--1 year, 7 months! :dance:

That's great Mrs. Palmer :thumbs: My friends and I are doing a 3 mile walk Breast Cancer on Mother's Day. No one would do the 3 Day Avonwalk with me :angry:

Shemmy - I can't find anyone to do it up here with me!! I need to move closer to my yardie friends....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I also like the red dress in white for you , as you mentioned that you wanted a tea length dress previously. This dress is more of a conventional and sassy look. I would like to see a pic of it in white so I can see how the adornments look in that color. Is it sequins or beads and is it lined? That could be a definite factor in the heat but the lining can always be removed? Also the right accessories and wear your hair in an up sweep, could set this look off nice as well. :thumbs:

I don't think they have a pic in white but you can 'zoom in' for a better look. I'm not responsible for anyone 'online shopping' for the next hour after going to this link! :whistle::innocent::lol:

<a href="http://www.onestopplus.com/Catalog/CatalogQuickOrderDetails.aspx?QoId=0503-65153-1148&BlueBox=&source=qo&PurchaseType=0" target="_blank">http://www.onestopplus.com/Catalog/Catalog...;PurchaseType=0</a>

I just looked at the pic its definitely sequins, it doesn't appear to be lined either and the fabric is breathable. which dress do you think you would be more comfortable in?

I think I'd probably be more comfy in the cotton (pink) dress, especially if it's 100+ degrees outside! I'll have to think about it a little more and see if I must have it. I'm too lazy to find places like David's Bridal and go out shopping. I also don't think any wedding gown places have anything but sleeveless dresses.... So it go....

Ellis - is your wedding going to be formal or informal? Is fiance going to wear a suit? There are some wedding dresses with sleeves or cute shawls.

Philly - I bumped a thread Marie started "Let's Get Fine in 2009".

Hey Dillion - are you going to the interview?

Goodmorning Ladies

Thanks Shemmy, I am just catching up on reading Work is Crazy :help:

I'll be thinking of a cute name for our team, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to throw them out there :star:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

ie quiet, not even a duppy in di place??

well HI!! to anyone that comes on afta mi..

mrs palmer.. so happy for ur mom and her survivor status.. THANK GOD!!!!!!!!

ive heard good things bout the el greco too, i forgot about that one..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Island (waving) :star: Where's everybody tedeh? I think I wanna join the 50 million pound club...is there a yardie team somewhere?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Hi Island (waving) :star: Where's everybody tedeh? I think I wanna join the 50 million pound club...is there a yardie team somewhere?

Hi MrsP. Everyone's working for a living now-a-days..... :unsure:

Hey Mrs. Palmer we are trying to come up with a cute name for our Yardie team if you have an idea feel free to throw it out there. I am thinking now..... :yes:

LOL Island ain't that the truth, I have been trying to catch up on here but work is crazy. Ok back to work :whistle:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Mrs. Palmer we are trying to come up with a cute name for our Yardie team if you have an idea feel free to throw it out there. I am thinking now..... :yes:

LOL Island ain't that the truth, I have been trying to catch up on here but work is crazy. Ok back to work :whistle:

Hey Philly...I know this is cheesy...and won't be my only suggestion I promise! But what about "Dynamic Divas"

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Afternoon Yardies!

How is everyone on this happy humpday?

Jonesie, I sent you a PM bout the hotel...I miss the dancehall days to, I remembered it was always 20 or more of us and we made a simple rule, we showed up together and we made sure we left together and we all go home safely. We would by a case of hieneken, red strip and white wine (I can't remember how to spell the name) "KHANI" and we had so much fun. I went to several dances with my husband since he moved here, but the vibes are not the same like they were back in the day. Now, the dancehall is about who is the BEST DRESS "MAN" or the best male dancer...the videoman not videotaping the women no more, it's the men they have on video dancing, I just stand there and laugh and don't get me started on the way the man dem dress. Last year when I went home we went to a dance in Portland and the guy that was standing next to me damn near scared me to death, I was like DID YOU ARCH YOUR EYEBROWS!...he's like ow u mean a di in ting...mi seh yes if u a one...cho! His pants was so damn tight and face bleach mi just a dead wid laugh.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: So true though! Wonder what these men would say if they were told that they dress like gay men in San Francisco?! Jamaica is gonna get like the U.S. where men & women don't interact anymore cause men won't dance with women anymore (of course that's just one reason of many).

For some reason, this trip I noticed bleaching a lot more than past trips. I know we've discussed this before but I still wonder why anyone would want to bleach? White people are always trying to get a tan and brown people are trying to lighten up their beautiful skin. I say leave it alone! I think all those shades of brown are beautiful....and they don't have to worry about sun damage nearly as much as us pale people! :yes:

Davids bridal can add or remove anything on a selected dress. So if you like a dress that is sleevless and it is long, they can make it a tea length w/fluttery sleeves.

I did NOT know that! Thank you for that very valuable info! I think I will check them out in that case and perhaps they can alter it some.

Okay, I've found two potential dresses I'd wear to get married in. I'm really leaning towards the pink one (but in white of course) but the style of the red one (also in white) is nice too. The only thing about the pink one is that I wish it was just a little shorter....like tea length. Each dress is only about $35 - 40 too depending on the size (probably a little more for the plus sizes). I know I won't look anything like the slender models but the pink one is more my style. What do you ladies think?

dressb.jpg

dress2u.jpg

Ells - I LOVE the pink one! That is the perfect beach dress!!

I think I'm convinced to go ahead and order it in case I don't find anything better.

Ellis - is your wedding going to be formal or informal? Is fiance going to wear a suit? There are some wedding dresses with sleeves or cute shawls.

Definitely going to be on the informal side. However, I think fiance would like to wear a suit or even a tuxedo since he's never dressed up so. I thought of a shawl but then decided it's too fussy for me trying to keep it around my shoulders and messing with that. I'm really beginning to lean towards a lakeside wedding up at Lake Shasta in Northern California. Have kind of a formal but casual ceremony and then commence the big lake party and people can change into swimsuits and go swimming and all that good stuff!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.