SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Does anyone want to start a weight loss team here on VJ and track through 50millionpounds.com so we can support each other? :thumbs::yes:

I'd join but I'm afraid of failure! :crying:

I know people need support but sometimes I feel like it's something I want to quietly do on my own. Then when you start to lose enough weight where people start commenting, it drives me crazy. People always have to make such a production out of it and for some reason, it really annoys me. Does anyone else get like that?

I wish everyone the very best though! :thumbs: I'll be your cheering section!

Ells is rough I know and it definitely takes dedication, I have fallen off the wagon many times but the important is you get back on track I and others will definitely be here to support you. I understand what you mean about doing it on your own cause I refused to do wight watchers Hell to the no would I be in there telling my fat stories NO THANK YOU! Also I don't like the gym either with all eyes pon me! I rather jog in the park and catch the breeze listening to my MP3. However I do like when people notice the weight loss that truly boosts my confidence and pushes me even harder to keep going and eating healthy. I am convinced that banana chips are the devil :lol:

Yea you can look really nice without going overboard. People have their different opinons on make-up but I think it looks nice when its applied right, but don't overdue it especially if you normally don't wear any. Try going to the mall and having them doing it. Its normally free but I think MAC charges $50 for Saturday appts.

Ellis: You're going to look nice anyway because you're going to be beaming with happiness and joy ;)

I can't type today

You are so right which ever dress you choose you will be beautiful on that day :yes:

i like the pink too ells and for some reason, i think u have some great legs?? so i wish u could get it shorter too.. but i love the style..

Congrats philly!!!!!!!!!!!! even w/ the weight gain, that is WONDERFUL!!!

i could do the group thing.. but warning, i am not very ambitious, i would be the group lackey LOL i will not be jogging.. i know that much heehee

Thanks Quanna yes yes lets join a team. :yes: LOL @ the jogging, it was rough at first but I was up to 2.5 miles each morning before work. The hardest thing is finding a decent supportive sports bra to hold down these 48DDDs :wacko: I also did Taebo too he is out of his mind but he will get you toned!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

HEy ladies,

i signed up for the 50 million pound, deal but seriously i had to tell myself it wasnt a diet but moreso a lifestyle change, you cannot imagine the elation of getting on the scale and realizing that you dropped 3 pounds, when i havent been able to lose 3 pounds in 16 years...LOL.. i just had to get my mind set, the only thing is my old insecurities will not allow me to give or throw away my old clothes when i was a bit heavier cause we all know how it can creep back on us.. hell i had this pair of really cute shorts i wore in JA, like 9 months ago and they fit, man i took them in january without re trying them on and i looked like i had on a diaper, they were all saggy in the butt....LOL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey everybody..

looks like everyone getting ready for summer trips to JA EXCITING!!!

jonesie, man, i know u are ready to get out of the cage LOL.. we love our kids no doubt, but a little "ME" time is a must.. mash up di place my gyal!!!

Tonks Quana - mi ready fi brukout! Dancehall flop here in the Bay Area so mi naah go out again till mi reach yaad

Jonesie;

dancehall use to be hot back in the day in your area.

I stayed in the dancehall back in the day - and I mean that literally. Even on work nights I was at a dance. I miss those days :(

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly that jogging will get you right each time, i do a 10 mile road race here in my town every year and have for 2 years now, we start training in april and we work up to 10 miles, by running weekly until september, i did it to challenge myself and let me know whatever i seriously set my mind too i can do.. when i crossed the finish line the first time after 3 hours( cause that is how long it took me) you should have seen me, it was like i was in the movie rocky, a huge great accomplishment, but once i quit moving running, i damn near had to crawl to my car, i smelled like a sweaty bear and i slept for 4 hours straight once i made it home...:)

Edited by JaHoney

Timeline
I bought my August tickets yesterday :dance:

I got our tickets on Sunday :dance:

Happy Tuesday everyone

Very exciting Jonsie...always feels good to have the tickets purchased!

My trip last year was to reconnect with family, but this year's trip I'm going to ATI/RTI and I can't wait. I haven't had "me" time since I had Gavin so I am thankful for MIL to keep him while I spend a few days in Negril.

Good luck to you with your upcoming interview :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance:

Oh wait, I won't get to meet Gavin :crying:

Quana - Gavin went to JA last summer and had too much fun. He really enjoyed himself. I'm going to try and take him for Christmas (his bday is Christmas Eve) if the fares are reasonable.

Shemmy, you might see him - I think we're gonna spend our last night in Jamaica in Montego Bay since I opted for an early departure (we leave at 11am, so we'll reach back home at 6pm) and want to be close to the airport. Where will you be? You know after ATI I'm going back to St. Ann.

Edited by Jonesie

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I stayed in the dancehall back in the day - and I mean that literally. Even on work nights I was at a dance. I miss those days :(

me too jonesie.. i went last night :devil:

I saw your photo on FB :devil: looks like you had fun!

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I also like the red dress in white for you , as you mentioned that you wanted a tea length dress previously. This dress is more of a conventional and sassy look. I would like to see a pic of it in white so I can see how the adornments look in that color. Is it sequins or beads and is it lined? That could be a definite factor in the heat but the lining can always be removed? Also the right accessories and wear your hair in an up sweep, could set this look off nice as well. :thumbs:

I don't think they have a pic in white but you can 'zoom in' for a better look. I'm not responsible for anyone 'online shopping' for the next hour after going to this link! :whistle::innocent::lol:

http://www.onestopplus.com/Catalog/Catalog...;PurchaseType=0

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Philly that jogging will get you right each time, i do a 10 mile road race here in my town every year and have for 2 years now, we start training in april and we work up to 10 miles, by running weekly until september, i did it to challenge myself and let me know whatever i seriously set my mind too i can do.. when i crossed the finish line the first time after 3 hours( cause that is how long it took me) you should have seen me, it was like i was in the movie rocky, a huge great accomplishment, but once i quit moving running, i damn near had to crawl to my car, i smelled like a sweaty bear and i slept for 4 hours straight once i made it home...:)

wow.. honey that is great girl!!! what an accomplishement..

philly.. i love taebo.. we would do it everyday at work when i was preparing for JA lol

he is crazy tho girl.. how the warm up gonna be so dyam fast.. its supposed to LEAD u up to the more stressful stuff.. it might as well be apart of the workout!

Timeline

I need advice - I usually stay in local hotels in Mobay but I want something a bit nicer since I'll be with the kid. Any recommendations for one night, one that preferably has a decent restaurant on or near the property?

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline

translation.. A HOT MESS!!! lol

does hubby dance jonesie?? roger is a roots kind of guy.. don't know how that will work LOL

Timeline

translation.. A HOT MESS!!! lol

does hubby dance jonesie?? roger is a roots kind of guy.. don't know how that will work LOL

:rofl:

Hubby used to dance - when I was in Jamaica we went out all the time. It's been a while since he's been to a dance and he's lost touch. But we both share the same love for dancehall. I'm more of a dancer than he is.

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Timeline
I need advice - I usually stay in local hotels in Mobay but I want something a bit nicer since I'll be with the kid. Any recommendations for one night, one that preferably has a decent restaurant on or near the property?

sorry jonesie.. the one time i stayed in nice spot it was a AI, which is too expensive for one night right??

it was the Sunset

Timeline

sorry jonesie.. the one time i stayed in nice spot it was a AI, which is too expensive for one night right??

it was the Sunset

I've heard good things about Sunset - I'll see if I can find more info about it and some specials on rates. Thanks :)

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
HEy ladies,

i signed up for the 50 million pound, deal but seriously i had to tell myself it wasnt a diet but moreso a lifestyle change, you cannot imagine the elation of getting on the scale and realizing that you dropped 3 pounds, when i havent been able to lose 3 pounds in 16 years...LOL.. i just had to get my mind set, the only thing is my old insecurities will not allow me to give or throw away my old clothes when i was a bit heavier cause we all know how it can creep back on us.. hell i had this pair of really cute shorts i wore in JA, like 9 months ago and they fit, man i took them in january without re trying them on and i looked like i had on a diaper, they were all saggy in the butt....LOL

EXCELLENT! You go girl! :thumbs:

:rofl::rofl: I am impressed though! :wow:

I don't know what you're willing to spend and I only have one recommendation since I don't know any Mobay hotels. We stayed one night at Coyaba Resort....it was very nice! A little on the pricey side but had everything on the property and was about 15 minutes from the airport by taxi.

http://www.coyabaresortjamaica.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.