SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin Shemmy;

Not renewing vows yet...I'm praying that God will bless the grandmother that raised me with continued health and strength so she can be there. We're going to renew our vows at the church that I grew up next year in Trelawny with just my grandmothers and my aunts and uncles and his brothers, dad and best friend. We thought about doing a wedding ceremony, but our families are too large and I don't want to leave out anyone, so that's what we're planning. I think if we were just to invite families from both sides we'd be pushing well over 600 or more people. We still might do it, but not now. I'll be in Jamaica August 7 - August 24...I don't have the dates for June yet. Those are short trips for a weddings 2 of them. I must have lost my mind when I agreed to be an attendant.

When are you renewing your vows?

Mawin TL;

Okay. We leave August 7th as well.

We plan on renewing our vows on our actual anniversary date - January 7th in Montego Bay. The initial plan was doing it this August while we were in Negril but too much going on with ATI.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Mawnin Shemmy;

Not renewing vows yet...I'm praying that God will bless the grandmother that raised me with continued health and strength so she can be there. We're going to renew our vows at the church that I grew up next year in Trelawny with just my grandmothers and my aunts and uncles and his brothers, dad and best friend. We thought about doing a wedding ceremony, but our families are too large and I don't want to leave out anyone, so that's what we're planning. I think if we were just to invite families from both sides we'd be pushing well over 600 or more people. We still might do it, but not now. I'll be in Jamaica August 7 - August 24...I don't have the dates for June yet. Those are short trips for a weddings 2 of them. I must have lost my mind when I agreed to be an attendant.

Mawin TL;

We plan on renewing our vows on our actual anniversary date - January 7th in Montego Bay. The initial plan was doing it this August while we were in Negril but too much going on with ATI.

That's good. Ummm, don't know if I can manage ATI on this trip, maybe we can link up, I'll let you know we have to be at a wedding in Negril on the 8th are you doing AJ or another airline? My cousin rented this guys house (you might as well call it a resort) his property is absoulutely beautiful...she's holding the ceremony and reception there. When they were building up Negril, they did they're best to push him and other land owners away, but they stuck it out and they're making a killing with the houses they own. He built 1 massive house/mansion on his property (fully staffed) with family and he lives in smaller house in the back.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mawnin Shemmy;

Mawin TL;

That's good. Ummm, don't know if I can manage ATI on this trip, maybe we can link up, I'll let you know we have to be at a wedding in Negril on the 8th are you doing AJ or another airline? My cousin rented this guys house (you might as well call it a resort) his property is absoulutely beautiful...she's holding the ceremony and reception there. When they were building up Negril, they did they're best to push him and other land owners away, but they stuck it out and they're making a killing with the houses they own. He built 1 massive house/mansion on his property (fully staffed) with family and he lives in smaller house in the back.

Okay. Let me know. There is a group of us so we're flying US Airways out of Washington National. AirJ was too expensive this trip.

Okay. Let me know. There is a group of us so we're flying US Airways out of Washington National. AirJ was too expensive this trip.

Yeah, we haven't book for August yet, I'm hoping that prices will drop like they did for my parents trip next month. Right now they're at $499 on AJ...I really don't want to pay that, but I will, if I have to.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I bought my August tickets yesterday :dance:

I got our tickets on Sunday :dance:

Happy Tuesday everyone

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone

Very exciting Jonsie...always feels good to have the tickets purchased!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Mawnin Shemmy;

Mawin TL;

Afternoon Everyone I am trying to catch up work is killing me right now :help: I'm buried here at my desk :crying:

Hey Shemmy

You never lied Air Jamaica's prices are out of control right now, I just booked my flight last night one way to Kingston, they wanted 405.00 out of Philly they must be mad!!! I had to book with American who had the cheapest fare @ 290.00 which is still ridiculous but I refuse to travel 12 hours and have 3 connections to save a buck to American it is. I don't know why these flights are so high out of Philly, I checked all of the flight search engines and they all had the same prices :blink: I just which AJ was a better deal because I have so many frequent flier miles that I am almost there for my free flight :crying: and I don't want to pay for my luggage!!!!! Is anyone else having the experience with high fares?

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone

My trip last year was to reconnect with family, but this year's trip I'm going to ATI/RTI and I can't wait. I haven't had "me" time since I had Gavin so I am thankful for MIL to keep him while I spend a few days in Negril.

Good luck to you with your upcoming interview :thumbs:

Edited by Jonesie

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey everybody..

looks like everyone getting ready for summer trips to JA EXCITING!!!

jonesie, man, i know u are ready to get out of the cage LOL.. we love our kids no doubt, but a little "ME" time is a must.. mash up di place my gyal!!!

Timeline
hey everybody..

jonesie, man, i know u are ready to get out of the cage LOL.. we love our kids no doubt, but a little "ME" time is a must.. mash up di place my gyal!!!

Tonks Quana - mi ready fi brukout! Dancehall flop here in the Bay Area so mi naah go out again till mi reach yaad

K-1 and AOS

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Jonsie...that is nice that MIL is going to give you a break for a few days. I know that you will enjoy yourself at ATI/RTI!

Thanks for the well wishes can't wait until it is over!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

hey everybody..

Tonks Quana - mi ready fi brukout! Dancehall flop here in the Bay Area so mi naah go out again till mi reach yaad

Jonesie;

dancehall use to be hot back in the day in your area.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

this is gavins first trip to JA??

dh a lil lax here too, but we make it do what it do!!

mrs buggy,man girl u know we went to the grill! i kept telling nelly, cmon and dance cuz pretty soon, it won't be room on the floor.. we had a good time ,

dj josh have upscale reggae now at the ultra lounge on mondays.. last nite was the first night and it was pretty nice venue, PLENTY of sitting room w/ these nice couches..

just preparing u a list for when u and hubby wanna get out, u have ur choices LOL

kimmy.. kashi is soo cute with those girls, i love how he is so sensitive.. i know it can get annoying sometimes, but girl i love it.. i don't want no HARD man..

My church went on a Daniel fast last mnth, this is a diet of fruits and vegetables only, includes beans, nuts, grains etc, just no meat or sweets. i lost a good amount of weight and my tummy went down considerably.. it was for religious reasons of course, but becuz i HAD to do it, now it gives me hope that i really CAN maybe adopt it as my regular diet.

i don't want to become a vegetarian but if i can tweek the diet a bit and get even half of the results then i want to try..maybe i can get a lil ticker like marie going.. i am taking it off tho if I don't lose LOL ...WISH ME LUCK!!

Timeline

Happy Tuesday everyone

My trip last year was to reconnect with family, but this year's trip I'm going to ATI/RTI and I can't wait. I haven't had "me" time since I had Gavin so I am thankful for MIL to keep him while I spend a few days in Negril.

Good luck to you with your upcoming interview :thumbs:

:dance::dance::dance:

Oh wait, I won't get to meet Gavin :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.