SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

hey all yall that just got your hubbies here...

what have you done to build up their credit??

We want to buy a house in a year or two and will need M to have a good credit score

As soon as he gets his SSN we want to get started on that

I dont really want to go credit cards..but will do that if we have to.. thought about just getting one and not telling hubby :whistle: so he wont be tempted to use it and not pay it off....

Unfortunately, so much of a person's credit (FICO) score has to do with credit HISTORY. He can't build up much history in a year or two, but he can make sure that his brief credit history shows no sign of negative activity. If you suspect that he will use (and abuse) a credit card.....STAY AWAY!! Make sure he's never overdrawn at the bank. Put him on all utility bills, lease, car title and make sure that those get paid on time. If you are buying a house soon, I suspect that your credit score will be the one most closely looked at, so make sure that you are clean as a whistle. Make sure that you get copies of all three credit reports, and be sure to clear up any negative information on them at least a year before you apply for a mortgage. Lenders are incredibly wary at the moment, so one HINT that someone is a credit risk, they will not touch your loan with a ten foot pole!! Best of luck!!!!

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Okay, I know I shouldn't think this is funny but, I'm seeing on the news at noon that a bunch of people showed up at the DMV for services and the office is closed because it's 'Furlough Friday'. Everyone in the state is affected by furloughs, not just state employees. Now the public can't get basic services two days a month either!

I saw that on the news too and I thought about you. How long is that expected to last?

Unless they change things, we will be furloughed through June 2010. That's A LONG TIME to be living on a few hundred dollars less each month as everything else keeps rising in cost! :crying:

Timeline
papers lost...so I am preparing another packet...

my friend was reading to me this thing from this paper called immirgration news about people lying about the number of children they had on the i-130 or whatever they used to enter the country and then trying to correct the info on the n-400 to naturalize and being deported. I was in schock when she read it to me.

What a pain! Whatever forms you have to re-do, I'd make duplicates in case you have to (God forbid) send them any more times. Sorry you have to go through all that again.

Don't people realize you can't lie to immigration?

hey all yall that just got your hubbies here...

what have you done to build up their credit??

We want to buy a house in a year or two and will need M to have a good credit score

As soon as he gets his SSN we want to get started on that

I dont really want to go credit cards..but will do that if we have to.. thought about just getting one and not telling hubby :whistle: so he wont be tempted to use it and not pay it off....

Unfortunately, so much of a person's credit (FICO) score has to do with credit HISTORY. He can't build up much history in a year or two, but he can make sure that his brief credit history shows no sign of negative activity. If you suspect that he will use (and abuse) a credit card.....STAY AWAY!! Make sure he's never overdrawn at the bank. Put him on all utility bills, lease, car title and make sure that those get paid on time. If you are buying a house soon, I suspect that your credit score will be the one most closely looked at, so make sure that you are clean as a whistle. Make sure that you get copies of all three credit reports, and be sure to clear up any negative information on them at least a year before you apply for a mortgage. Lenders are incredibly wary at the moment, so one HINT that someone is a credit risk, they will not touch your loan with a ten foot pole!! Best of luck!!!!

Good point and good advice! :thumbs:

Timeline
Hey Ya'll I have a question about camera phones...

Have any of you sent picture messages from Digicel to a US phone? does it work?

He wants to buy a camera phone so we can send pictures back and forth, but he sent me a wallpaper image the other day and it never come through to me. So we are worried that the camera phone won't work even if he buys it... :help:

I have the same question.

We bought a Claro (formerly MiPhone) camera phone, but he can't send me pictures messages. Only text ones. Plus, I can't send him any texts on that phone at all.

So he plans to get rid of the Claro phone and get a Digicel camera phone (already has a Digicel non-camera phone). However, that might not work either, so I'm curious to see what the responses to this question are.

Edited to add: After reading more posts, I saw that one person said that you can't send pictures messages with any prepaid phone. Has anyone been able to do so with any non-Digicel phone?

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

He wants to buy a camera phone so we can send pictures back and forth, but he sent me a wallpaper image the other day and it never come through to me. So we are worried that the camera phone won't work even if he buys it... :help:

I have the same question.

We bought a Claro (formerly MiPhone) camera phone, but he can't send me pictures messages. Only text ones. Plus, I can't send him any texts on that phone at all.

So he plans to get rid of the Claro phone and get a Digicel camera phone (already has a Digicel non-camera phone). However, that might not work either, so I'm curious to see what the responses to this question are.

Edited to add: After reading more posts, I saw that one person said that you can't send pictures messages with any prepaid phone. Has anyone been able to do so with any non-Digicel phone?

Joel and I send pictures via ATT, he has a local ATT cell phone number from when he was living here in the states. But if it's pre-paid you can not send pictures.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Claire! How are you enjoying this weather we're having?

Tam girl I was sleeping and Kenesha was here with me. Her hubby went fishing with my son. I am not feeling well so I had taken some medicine and it knocked me out.

Tam..yuh still deh a wuk? clairey deh home bored..go keep har company ...heheee

Kimmy yuh knoa Kenesha is here with me and I fell asleep on her. She told me I was snoring...lol I feel a little better tho.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

I haven't tried from JA but whenever I try to send pic messages to Digicel they fail. I couldn't get any picture messages from home when I was in JA either.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Tam girl I was sleeping and Kenesha was here with me. Her hubby went fishing with my son. I am not feeling well so I had taken some medicine and it knocked me out.

Kimmy yuh knoa Kenesha is here with me and I fell asleep on her. She told me I was snoring...lol I feel a little better tho.

Get better Claire - glad Portland's there to take care of ya! :luv:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

To those of you who use multiple chips (SIM cards) to talk.... what does your SO carry the chip in?

Your SO probably needs the original one for his regular calls, cause that's the # other people use. But then when talking to you, he puts in the chip with minutes on it. ....but what is he storing the unused chip in so that it doesn't get lost or damaged in his pocket?

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

Get better Claire - glad Portland's there to take care of ya! :luv:

Thanks Tanya :thumbs: b

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone it has been awhile. I hope everyone is doing well. Congrats for all of the approvals. I am filing for hubbies 10 year green card this month and will soon be done with the immigration process.

Congrats shrewdgal - I just wanted to add about credit. If you save enough you won't need a credit score for a home mortgage if you apply at Church hill mortgage company. If you want to build his credit. I suggest a credit card that you just use for gas. I decided that even though I don't believe in credit cards. To go ahead and get a credit card and only using it for gas. I make sure I pay the bill off on time each month. We will be moving hopeful after four years sense his arrival. This is just what we have done.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
To those of you who use multiple chips (SIM cards) to talk.... what does your SO carry the chip in?

Your SO probably needs the original one for his regular calls, cause that's the # other people use. But then when talking to you, he puts in the chip with minutes on it. ....but what is he storing the unused chip in so that it doesn't get lost or damaged in his pocket?

Girl, he lost his original chip a little over a week ago :wacko:

He was able to get the number transfered to a new chip, but all his contacts were lost :(

I have been thinking about sending him this memory card holder keychain I have...

I found a keychain like it here: http://usbflashstore.stores.yahoo.net/satrcake.html

I also found these at Walmart.com

0073122102739_500X500.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.