SupportOAFJF

Yardies at home and Farrin (part13)

5,386 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey all yall that just got your hubbies here...

what have you done to build up their credit??

We want to buy a house in a year or two and will need M to have a good credit score

As soon as he gets his SSN we want to get started on that

I dont really want to go credit cards..but will do that if we have to.. thought about just getting one and not telling hubby :whistle: so he wont be tempted to use it and not pay it off....

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Check your credit history and see what it is - I would definitely suggest getting a credit card - Some of them give cash back when you use them for groceries, gas, etc... Charge something each month and pay it off -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Check your credit history and see what it is - I would definitely suggest getting a credit card - Some of them give cash back when you use them for groceries, gas, etc... Charge something each month and pay it off -

he doesnt have any credit history

I have a high average credit score

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline
I've got them - right next to the can of whoop azz

Will dat make it through security?!?! :unsure:

I am sure it will when I explain the reason for it :angry:

I was thinking you meant yours at first, lol - Add him to your credit card, that will build his history - I would also suggest putting a utility bill or something in his name, that will also add to his credit history.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
I've got them - right next to the can of whoop azz

Will dat make it through security?!?! :unsure:

I am sure it will when I explain the reason for it :angry:

I was thinking you meant yours at first, lol - Add him to your credit card, that will build his history - I would also suggest putting a utility bill or something in his name, that will also add to his credit history.

They are all in mine already. Can I just add him on?

I know cell phone and sattelite are contracted under my name..and electric too

thats really all we have except car insurance...??

so..will it help if i ADD him?

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes you can just add him on and with him being on your credit card it will build his credit. Make sure when you add him on they do so with his SS# otherwise it won't do anything for his credit.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
Yes you can just add him on and with him being on your credit card it will build his credit. Make sure when you add him on they do so with his SS# otherwise it won't do anything for his credit.

good luck with the medical today Dillon

love.jpg

Timeline
hey all yall that just got your hubbies here...

what have you done to build up their credit??

We want to buy a house in a year or two and will need M to have a good credit score

As soon as he gets his SSN we want to get started on that

I dont really want to go credit cards..but will do that if we have to.. thought about just getting one and not telling hubby :whistle: so he wont be tempted to use it and not pay it off....

Do NOT get him a credit card. A credit card really does nothing for your credit if you are not using it. It will just prove that you were able to open credit. You have to have a credit card with a revolving balance on it. The best thing to do is put him as a co-signer on one of your existing cards. Its also a good idea that the card you have is not in a bad state. If you think opening up a credit card will be ok, like they are responsible enough to handle it, I say open it at like a jewelry store. They usually give a small line of credit, and there is not much he can just go frivolously spending on. You could get some jewelry out of it too! :thumbs: I'd think of it as if you are giving it to your teenage child. Will they be responsible enough for it? Dont help him build BAD credit. Another way to build credit is to get the utility bills in his name. A cell phone is his name is a good one too. I'd try those before the credit card.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

OMG!! Did Air Jamaica stop service from LAX?!!!!! I just went on their site and LAX is not there as an option anymore. I CANT BELIVE THIS!! They were the ONLY airline I liked and they were the ONLY one that few non-stop. This sucks HARD!! Cause I have an AJ credit card for miles and now I wont ever be able to use them.

Sorry, just a bit upset!! :angry::angry::angry::crying:

Timeline
OMG!! Did Air Jamaica stop service from LAX?!!!!! I just went on their site and LAX is not there as an option anymore. I CANT BELIVE THIS!! They were the ONLY airline I liked and they were the ONLY one that few non-stop. This sucks HARD!! Cause I have an AJ credit card for miles and now I wont ever be able to use them.

Well I just researched and it looks like they canceled back in January all their ATL, MIA, and LAX flights. I cant believe that!! Those are some popular flights....at least I thought. You all may already know about this.

Filed: Timeline

Yes, 'lita it came out early last month...sorry babes

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

'Lita;

last year I went to a party for sandals employees and I heard them talking about cutting AJ from Miami, which was a big shocker!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
'Lita;

last year I went to a party for sandals employees and I heard them talking about cutting AJ from Miami, which was a big shocker!

Yeah I just googled some info and I guess its been in talks since June 2008. Wow. This sucks really bad. I LOVED that flight out of LAX. It was the VERY FIRST way I flew to JA and its the FIRST flight of the day into MBJ. So the airport is so serene and peaceful. You can see the mist and fog over the island when you fly in at a bit after sunrise. Now I have to go and connect in like Fort Lauderdale or Houston on some other airline and that just makes the trip really bad.

Timeline

Shrewdie I forgot to post this the other day when you were asking about car reviews.. it is the most comprehensive car review site there is http://www.edmunds.com/

:thumbs:

yes adding him to your cc accounts will help build his credit... and you don't need to tell him :whistle: although you should :thumbs:

Marlita tell me about it :angry: I have always flown AirJa out of LAX :cry:

Timeline
my sentiments...i'm kinda glad i never found VJ until awaiting the interview :)

serious?? :huh:

This place is keeping me sane :wacko:

Or at least reminding me I am not the only crazy one :innocent::whistle:

hehehehe...i thought about so much while on this site...but for the most part our case went w/o problems..until i FELT i was waiting too long for an interview..CRAZY..mee..nah..LOL

LOL, Lawny - you all can play with the matchbox cars in mi grip!

Morning all!

I am spending my day finishing my midterm, lol - DJ and I did our usual prevacation big argument last night - So tomorrow we will be ripe for a makeup session :whistle:

hehehee..

I say get a CC an use if and pay the balance off...doesn't have to be big things..

doesn't some places require approval of another person to add them to an acct or card? or isn't it more than just addign them to an acct? i cant really get what i wanna say in words cause i'm not sure..but if u just add someone to an acct does it report on them too?

yankeegirl..ur good..all these trips back and forth..hope hubby gets to come soon..real soon..and ur discounts are fantastic...ehhehee...is it hard to travel with both kids?

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.