~Jackie~

Happy Valentines Day MENA

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I can't believe what my husband got me for Valentines day. He had me convinced that he couldn't get me anything because he didn't have transportation without me and not much money.

He managed to get one of my favorite Authors, Jean Sasson who writes biographies about middle eastern women's lives, to autograph a copy of one of her books I hadn't bought yet. Not only that but she also sent an extra book I hadn't read that she also autographed. She also sent book marks, an autographed picture of herself, a nice cardand other little odds and ends. To top it off, my husband got her to call me tonight at 8pm to wish me a Happy Valentines day. I can't believe he got a New York Times best selling author to call me on Valentines day. She was so amazing and sweet. How she had time for that, I will never know. Anyway, because her books are great and she was so wonderful for doing all that, you guys should check out her books if you haven't already. She is the author that wrote a princess trilogy about a Saudi woman's life. She has wrote other books as well, but that is her most famous one.

OMG...thats amazing and soooo sweet! (I'm going to go kick my hubby now...JK) :P I will check her out!! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, I'm still in shock he did that. It was so unique and sweet. It took him weeks of planning and writing to set it up. He had my father in on it for the help.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

S and S that is a wonderful gift. :thumbs: Thumbs up to your Hubby :thumbs:

Ahmed had a card under my cell phone when I got out of the shower so I thought ok that is my gift which was fine cuz we were going to Atlanta to see Tamara and Adam and go to the Arab Valentine's Party.

But as we were getting in the car to go to Atlanta he says honey can you get my jacket from the trunk of your car and put in backseat in case I get cold. I said ok and when I opened the trunk there was a gift bag with my favorite candy (Turtles and dark chocolate) and a silver heart picture frame.

Was sooooo sweet,

Cheryl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.