• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

partytime2.gif

party.gif

:rofl: ......Beer for everyone!

080205-110503.jpg

as far as Filipino parties go, I have Filipino friends, so I've been to several long before meeting my wife. at some parties, I you didn't have a beer in hand, it wouldn't be long before someone asked, where's your beer? so you would have smiley_beer.gif

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Sorry I dont know where to put this but I have to vent out....

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I dont want to cook anymore! My husband is soooooo picky! And I dont want to clean the house anymore, it gets so damn dirty 5 minutes after I clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE! I thank you.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

:help: wait, i thought that was the image of the perfect pi wife! :unsure:

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I dont want to cook anymore! My husband is soooooo picky! And I dont want to clean the house anymore, it gets so damn dirty 5 minutes after I clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE! I thank you.

Hey naku! Tell your lazy butt husband to help you with the housework! You are his wife, not his house maid! My husband is picky too, so I let him do all the cooking, and he does the occasional heavy cleaning, like vacuuming and scrubbing floors, as well as take out the trash, and clean the bathroom. I sweep, do the dishes (usually), dust, and make the bed.

you're supposed to have a sore thumb or something, i expect when that heals things will change. :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I dont want to cook anymore! My husband is soooooo picky! And I dont want to clean the house anymore, it gets so damn dirty 5 minutes after I clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THERE! I thank you.

if it's your husband you keeps making a mess just after you've cleaned, here's a solution for ya...

trash.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! I dont want to cook anymore! My husband is soooooo picky! And I dont want to clean the house anymore, it gets so damn dirty 5 minutes after I clean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THERE! I thank you.

if it's your husband you keeps making a mess just after you've cleaned, here's a solution for ya...

trash.gif

here's another solution

recycling.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

trash.gif

here's another solution

recycling.jpg

:lol: ah oh, here she comes...

brodkavelarg.gif

THERE! I thank you.

My hubby is so picky too when it comes to food. Although he ate some Filipino food like bbq, garlic rice and pancit beside that he will never taste anything at all. He hates fish..anykind of it. What I did is I cook my own food which is Filipino food and also cook his food. He is kinda of messy too..like leaving his shoes in the computer room, leaving his belt in the bathroom, messing stuff in the kitchen. Whenever I saw those pairs of shoes in the computer room..I always make a comment that maybe I need to move the shoe rack where his shoes are and move the belt hanger where he leaves his belt..Of course I said that in a sarcastic way :P so he knows already what I mean...

So far..I think it works :D

Evelyn

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

THERE! I thank you.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

:help: wait, i thought that was the image of the perfect pi wife! :unsure:

THERE! I thank you.

Hey naku! Tell your lazy butt husband to help you with the housework! You are his wife, not his house maid! My husband is picky too, so I let him do all the cooking, and he does the occasional heavy cleaning, like vacuuming and scrubbing floors, as well as take out the trash, and clean the bathroom. I sweep, do the dishes (usually), dust, and make the bed.

you're supposed to have a sore thumb or something, i expect when that heals things will change. :D

:angry: Yeah. I have a trigger finger and I still have to wear this splint for a week more. Lucky me because I would rather do the dishes than wear this stupid splint. Hay Naku! Tantantan ang daliri ko! He he he! :P

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

I guess I have contemplated adding a reply here..but here goes. Me and my Asawa get along, but I find her being afraid to stand up to those Filipinos who feel they are better then others. We have many here who feel it is all about big houses,paychecks, and status, and if you dont belongto that group...then you are beneath them. I was raised Asian from the time i was knee high, and I am very much Caucasian. I love everything Asian, and any Asian customs...not Pinoy Solely. I have made a point to learn as much about all Asian cultures, and languages due to my past, and my hobbies. I was raised japanese, dated a Chinese girl for over 14 years, married a Cambodian, and now married a Pinay. i have taught tae Kwon Do for 26 years, and know a lot of Korean. On top of that my friends are Vietnamese, and Thai. So the thing is...I have found us disagreeing due to the fact that she sees with blinders toward the Pinoys. I have been a member of that group for 26 years as wel, and now i am the VP of our Association. So I love it as well.Maybe in time she will understand the beauty of Asia in General, and that is why we are all here having married Asians. So needless to say I cook everything, and have variety as well as her cooking as well, as she speaks several dialects in the Phil's, and knows different dishes from the different regions. Our big problem is she has learned lowly, the ways of America and our products, electronics, and medicines, and practices. It is kind of cute though as it is nice to see things from her eyes..seeing things like that of looking thru the eyes of a new born. So i guess we are learning, and adapting both ways to each other. I guess variety is the spice of life as they say...so Our life is very spicy. Just my thoughts, and a chance to let everyone know if they have not yet figured it out,...Life is a 2 way street, and I hope the guys see things thru the eyes of the ladies they say they love as well. After all....we married them, and they came to us...not vice versa. W gave up virtually nothing..they gave up everything to come here.

So I say...I Love The Pinay Maganda.

Bless You All...and Our thanks to all of you for making us happy.

Randy

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

My wife and I are so lucky to have wonderful Fil-Am couples who we get along great. No competitions, no jealousies., no pretentions. It is a wonderful group of people who we respect a lot. When there is a party, the recent one was here in our house last valentines day, everybody would bring something, anything to contribute so as hosts , food is not a problem. Also, I am amaze of this group because they help in the after care, even cleaning the kitchen so that after everyone is gone, there is really not much work left,which is a great help.

I love the pancit, adobo, maja blanca etc etc :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well my fiancé and I have a lot of fun debates regarding the clash… It’s entertaining to have read through all your thoughts… yes I agree on the mere fact that we grew up in the PI with high regard to our parents and all our aunts and uncles… even though they’re 2nd, 3rd or 4th degree… and even to all their friends… and we call them Tito (male) and Tita female.) So just expect that when you are with your Filipino wife/husband (for a very few) you will be address as Tito/Tita + (Your Name.) In the US when I visited to spend the Holidays with his family it was kind of awkward to me to hear him address his aunt through her first name. I realized though that it’s not because they don’t respect their elders but it’s because in American families addressing someone through their first names is special and very personal. So we Filipinos must not misconstrue the nice side of it. Food. Oh there is quite a big gap here… we grew up with a variety of food meat mostly poultry, pork, and a little beef and these are usually cooked as soup or sautéed with vegetables and fried. Funny thing is other than plain meat… there are the innards that we also usually opt for appetizers (sorry if I made somebody sick from this comment.) Oh there’s our famous daing/bulad in other words dried fish, squid, shrimp or anything dried. Most people can’t appreciate the smell. But some say there are just some things that really smell… but are damn good… So dried stuff goes under this category… You dip then in our very own strong and spicy vinegar and match it up with rice and you’ll never stop eating. But in general, Filipino food is savory and pretty tasty too! On the other side, American food as my fiancé would point out is a good ‘ol American burger. Whenever he’s in the PI he always says that our burger taste different. I can understand though that it should be because most of ‘em are made from a low quality beef patty. Oh he comments about our cooking oil too… saying it has a distinct taste to it… hehehehehe! But when it comes to food, we don’t have any problem as we’re both food lovers. So on to technology… yep big difference too. Although we know about dish washers, washing machines, answering machines and GPRS’ most of Filipino middle class families can’t afford to buy these things so we really haven’t had our fair share of using it. However, we can afford to pay up house help who does the cooking, laundry, dishes and cleans the house which is pretty cheap compared to the electricity and water that we’d pay if we had the machines. We didn’t need to have an answering machine as our helpers are taught to answer the home phone for us as they are in the house all day. This is the reason why we are fine with just test messaging through our cell phones or we call and if no one answers we just leave them a text message instead. We are not used to having answering machines that’s the reason why we are not used to leaving voice messages… Makes sense?... think this is enough… I might’ve bored you with my rambling… oh well… when I think of other stuff then I’ll add up!... so I must stop myself and end here… or I might just not stop… that’s how I am when I write… so… hope you all don’t mind… -Joyce

J&J

I-129F Sent : 2009-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-02-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-19

The first time I met my husband's family, we drove all the way down to Los Angeles to see them. I met my mom in law, my brothers in-law, sister in-law, my brother in-law's wife and all his kids. Although I really appreciate that they were all nice to me, I just can't help but be surprised by the way the kids talk to their parents and my mom in-law. They were so outspoken. They say everything on their mind. Very different from the way Filipino children would behave when they are with older people. We were about to have dinner then at my brother in-law's house and me and my mother in-law were talking while the kids were watching TV in the living room. My mother in-law called one of the kids to sit beside her because she wanted to tell a story and my niece looked at her and said, "No grandma. You already told me about that story many times." And then she looked at me with a warning expression on her face and said, "Grandma likes to tell stories and she's gonna repeat it over and over again until you get tired listening to her." My mother in-law was just smiling at her.

When we were kids, back in the Philippines, we were not allowed to talk that way to older people. We would received beating with the belt afterwards. When I say older people, I don't mean just the adults but older sister and brother (ate and kuya) as well. They get respect too from us. We used the word "Kayo" instead of "ka" and we say "Po" and Opo" for "Sir" and "Yes, sir".

Well, I'm kano and I don't like the way kids are here either. It wasn't like that for me when I was a kid either. I do have such great respect that Filipinos have maintained that high level of respect, just praying it won't go away like it did here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.