5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello; my wife is applying for AOS from K-1 status.

Question:

Should we submit the "original" copy of the translated version of the Birth Certificate(signed by a translator in blue)? Or, the black-n-white copy is ok? I can't find the "original" copy. Much appreciate your help!

I believe that a copy is ok to send in with the AOS documents - but you must have an original with you in case you are going to be asked for an inteview.

That's what i'd do, but I am sure others with chime in.

Edited by EtherealVocalist

Timeline: I am the USC - my husband is the beneficiary

11-02-05:..........Met online - We are both musicians: him music composer and me vocalist ( visit me at: www.myspace.com/etherealsopranoamethyste )

11-26-08:..........My love comes to see me for a holiday visit.

01-24-09:..........Impromptu Wedding in our little apartment!!! I LOVE you!!!

02-03-09:..........Went to the Civil Surgeon - Enveloppe in hand! Life is good!

02-09-09:..........Mailed ( certified ) the AOS package ( I-485, I-130, I-864, I-765, I-131, G-325A + all supporting evidence and more! )

02-11-09:..........Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

02-20-09:..........Money Orders Cashed!

02-23-09:..........We received today our 4 NOAs ( I-485, I-130, I-765 and I-131 ) - NOAs dated 2-18-09

02-24-09:..........Biometrics apt. Letter: 03-08-09 8AM.

03-09-09:..........Biometrics done - in and out in 10 mins.

03-20-09:..........Received today INTERVIEW LETTER FOR: 04-21-09!!!! ( TOTAL DAYS FROM FILING TO INTERVIEW: 68 DAYS!!! )

04-10-09:..........Received AP in mail!

04-13-09:..........Received EAD in mail! ~~~ WE ARE SO GRATEFUL AND HAPPY!!! ~~~

04-21-09:..........AOS interview in Manchester NH - I-130 approved - I-485 No decision made - Were told to wait for decision letter

04-27-09:.......... ******* WELCOME TO AMERICA LETTER RCD! ******* ~~ adjustment from VWP without a problem! ~~

05-01-09:..........GREENCARD IN HAND!!! WOOO!!!

TOTAL TIME FROM AOS REACHING LOCKBOX TO GREENCARD IN HAND: 79 DAYS!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Thank you so much. She left her original birth certificate back home so I will just ask her relatives to translate, scan and email it to us. Do you think scanned copy is ok? Sorry, it might be a stupid question but I just don't want to get RFEs if I can avoid these.

drongo,

I personally would not suggest scan the birth certificate. A copy would be better. Also, you mentioned that your wife's relative will translate the birth certificate. Do you know if that person is fluent in both English and the original language of the birth certificate? I would suggest you have the birth certificate get translated by professional translator who's fluent in both languages. You don't have to send the original copy of birth certificate because you want to keep that for yourself.

Filed: Timeline

I see what you are saying, thank you. Yes, her relative will take the certificate to the professional translator, and that translator will sign and put a stamp, I just wanted to use the scan to save some time on delivery. Or, they can fax it. They will definitely send the original which will come later, I am ready to send the packet like right now. Do you think fax copy will make it?

thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.