kitkat1

On the NSC to CSC move, emails, transfer notices

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I have seen that thread.. So am I under the correct assumption that those RFE's are only for people that used the marriage brokers?

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I answered my own question .. sorry for the posts not dealing with the situation. Either way I am in the same boat as you all and I hope we all get our petitions through as quickly as possible. Like others have said any updates anyone gets will be very helpful.

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So I just found this forum today and yeah I sent my petition in March 3rd got first notice this month that it was in CA now and I called USCIS and spoke with a real pleasant lady (Sarcasm to the fullest here). I guess when it only takes a high school education to get your job of phone monkey, we shouldnt expect they might want to be helpful and polite. Anyway couldnt get any info out of her other than the fact she is a raging B$*%@...so I took my own route and found you all....which I have a question...my fiance is supposed to go to the USA and visit but we are worried she will be blocked from the USA does anyone know the answer if she will or not?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
which I have a question...my fiance is supposed to go to the USA and visit but we are worried she will be blocked from the USA does anyone know the answer if she will or not?

There is no guarantee. It is at the discretion of the Immigration Officer. Common consensus among posters here is that the traveller should bring evidence with them that they have ties back home and will return. I carry a letter from my employer saying I've been granted so much leave and am due back on this day etc.. Other people bring leases, car insurance etc.

I've never had a problem crossing since I filed the K-1, but I am crossing again this afternoon and there is always a first time I guess! (better not be!)

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline

Like Hockeygal said it is touch and go it really depends on the person. But bringing evidence is imperative. Also make sure if she flies in she buys a roundtrip ticket this is another good sign that she states she will be going back. Of course all our information is just advice the only person that could give you a correct answer would be an immigration attorney, USCIS, or the guy that will be at immigration in the airport :)

I'll tell you what though seeing when you guys submitted your paperwork so much earlier then me is not making me like the idea of waiting .. Some of you have 2-3 months on me.. auughh the wait..

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

If you were just speaking to the USCIS Customer Service Center, you need to contact the service center handling your package, the 1-800 center will not give you any information.

Does your fiance already have a US visa to enter the US from Mexico? If your petition has not been approved yet, your application is just sitting at the service center awaiting approval and nothing has been entered into the computer and you should not have to worry about her crossing the border. On the other hand if your application has been entered into the USCIS computer then your fiance's passport number is in their system and the customs office could see that when she enters. If you sent your petition in March 3 then you most likely fall under the IMBRA regs and have not been aproved.

It might be easier for you to visit Mexico!!!

So I just found this forum today and yeah I sent my petition in March 3rd got first notice this month that it was in CA now and I called USCIS and spoke with a real pleasant lady (Sarcasm to the fullest here). I guess when it only takes a high school education to get your job of phone monkey, we shouldnt expect they might want to be helpful and polite. Anyway couldnt get any info out of her other than the fact she is a raging B$*%@...so I took my own route and found you all....which I have a question...my fiance is supposed to go to the USA and visit but we are worried she will be blocked from the USA does anyone know the answer if she will or not?

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm hoping that this gets at least partially sorted out in the next few months. I'd hate to have to send our packet to NSC just to know it's getting transfer to Cali or Vermont. I don't like the idea of all that blood, sweat, and tears being in cross-country limbo.

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Timeline

No we havent gotten anything but a confirmation receipt saying they got our form, then the form telling me it was sent to CA. I have called several times to both centers and I get different info each time from all sorts of idiots who work the phones...one guy even told me..."Why dont you just fly her here then get married" I said well technically thats illegal and can cause problems he said "Nah not really just some fines." Not going to trust him...but everytime i call i get diff answers I hate the USCIS!!!

Timeline

Maybe he figured if you got in serious trouble they would never accept your paperwork again and that was 1 less person they had to talk to .. Guess I will just setup my tent outside my mailbox and wait for the letter.. Anyone for S'mores?

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

brick.jpg

Timeline
No we havent gotten anything but a confirmation receipt saying they got our form, then the form telling me it was sent to CA. I have called several times to both centers and I get different info each time from all sorts of idiots who work the phones...one guy even told me..."Why dont you just fly her here then get married" I said well technically thats illegal and can cause problems he said "Nah not really just some fines." Not going to trust him...but everytime i call i get diff answers I hate the USCIS!!!

Javan, I think you're in the same position as many of us - filed in March at Nebraska, transferred to CA, and now you're in limboland with the rest of us waiting for the RFE. What information were you looking for when you called USCIS? You might get a clearer answer here but you should post your timeline first so we can help.

Does your fiance already have a tourist visa? If so, just be sure she brings a whole lot of evidence i.e.

· Financial interests in Mexico i.e. bank account

· Evidence of her employment in Mexico i.e. letter from employer indicating her vacation time, day to return back to her job

· Proof of property, mortgage, lease, etc showing ties to Mexico

If you are worried about her potentially being turned away at the border, it might just be easier if you go there - that's why I do.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
To be honest. I would even think that the spelling error on the I-129F. They will do RFE on it or something.

I was thinking the same thing.

A question to any of the VSC petitioners who've received their RFE - was the spelling error also on that form?

Anybody using an attorney - could you ask what happens to a legal document that has a mispelling?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all,

I emailed the CSC and got a response today about them transfering the petitions (as well as the new timelines). Pretty standard email I believe, but appears to be different than what most people have been getting for a response from the CSC.

Here is it.

"California Service Center is processing I-129F petitions from Nebraska and Texas. Your petition is at this location and will be processed based on the original receipt date. Please note all processing of this form has been hold. We have just recently received the new guidelines and will be processing the request for additional information as quickly as possible."

Thanks,

McClellan, CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

3dflagsdotcomusa2fawm8fa.gif 3dflagsdotcombrazi2fawm8bu.gif

NOA1 Date Received - 5/09/2006

Petition Transfered from NSC to CSC - 6/01/2006

Touched - 6/02/2006

Touched - 6/03/2006

IMBRA RFE Received - 06/30/2006 (Dated 06/23/2006)

IMBRA RFE Delivered - 07/01/2006 (USPS Next Day)

Touched - 07/03/2006 (Email saying they sent RFE)

Touched - 07/04/2006

Touched - 07/05/2006

Touched - 07/10/2006 (Recieved RFE Response)

Touched - 07/11/2006

Touched - 07/12/2006

Touched - 07/13/2006

Touched - 08/03/2006

NOA2 Approved - 08/03/2006

Touched - 08/06/2006

NVC Entered Case into System - 08/21/2006

Consulate in Rio de Janeiro confirms receipt - 08/29/2006 (may have arrived sooner, only got around to calling today).

Fiance sent Packet 3 to Embassy (Before she actually received it) - 09/01/2006

Fiance receives actual Packet 3 - 09/06/2006

Fiance receives Packet 4 - 09/22/2006

Medical Scheduled - 11/06/2006

Interview Scheduled - 11/07/2006

Fiance should be on her way to me! 11/10/2006

Visa Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey all,

I emailed the CSC and got a response today about them transfering the petitions (as well as the new timelines). Pretty standard email I believe, but appears to be different than what most people have been getting for a response from the CSC.

Here is it.

"California Service Center is processing I-129F petitions from Nebraska and Texas. Your petition is at this location and will be processed based on the original receipt date. Please note all processing of this form has been hold. We have just recently received the new guidelines and will be processing the request for additional information as quickly as possible."

Thanks,

McClellan, CAO

Division XII, Customer Service

Thanks for the info still too early to guess when I will get my RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On the whole NSC to CSC topic, I thought it was time for a new thread.

Here are the facts as we know them:

NSC is no longer going to handle I-129F petitions for K1 Fiance Visas. On June 1, they transferred a whole lot of cases to California. We all got multiple emails and hard copies of transfer notices. Again starting yesteday, we all got a second batch of emails and no doubt more hard copy transfer notices are to come. Online case status started to change as well - mine changed yesterday and again today.

The receipt number has NOT changed. USCIS, in general, received our cases in the beginning and assigned this receipt number and provided an NOA1. This does not change when they transfer to another service center. The mails are simply indicating of where the case is now.

Don't be thrown off by the poorly written emails (like the one that says to click on a link below when there is no link or the fact that they say the case was received HERE without indicating where here actually is). They are inefficient and not capable of providing clear information, but at least they are providing us with something to show that they know our cases exist and are not lost in a black hole.

The good news now is that we are seeing changes to our online status regularly. We know they are in the process of issuing the RFEs. Hopefully we will know more soon when they start to be sent out.

Whether or not they follow the NOA1 date in the processing of RFEs is complicated. They cannot hold applications for further processing while waiting for other RFEs to be returned. Meaning, if a person who submitted on May 5 receives the RFE and returns it back to CSC BEFORE a person who submitted on March 30, I really doubt CSC is going to hold the May 5 paperwork and NOT process it until someone with an earlier NOA date returns their RFE. They have to keep working and keep processing. They want this to be over and done with as much as we do. But the May paperwork may still have other steps to go through. For the March people, this is, most likely, the final step before approval. Make sense?

So let's try try try to focus on the fact that the RFEs are going out immediately - hence all the touching - and as soon as we start receiving and sending back the additional paperwork, we'll have more insight into the processing time.

After reading a gazillion messages related to the bizarre set of circumstances in which I find myself, I would like to add my two bits to the discussion, although I fear it's not going to help demystify things much. I filed the I129F at the NSC & received NOA 2 in just a month. The unlucky thing might be the petition was received March 6 according to NOA1. Nonetheless, the approved petition was forwarde to NVC who then forwarded it to Paris April12. My fiance received the Instruction pkt Apr 24, and returned the checklist, etc. May 5. Not a peep out of Paris since. Trying to talk to a live body at the Paris Embassy is like a Democrat trying to arrange a private conference with the Prez on Christmas Eve down on the ranch...

After many bleary eyed hours of staring at the ceiling at 2 am wondering what the heck, an email from our pal CRIS shows up informing my that USCIS has received my I129F petition on June 16. No explanation of why, or if it is at the NSC or maybe has been outsourced to Mars, who knows? Then on June 20 and 21 I receive emails from the ever faithful CRIS saying that my case has been reopened on motin of USCIS and they will send the decision when processing is complete, and to check the processing timeline for some clue as to when this might occur. I saw another post earlier today that someone received a similar message about the USCIS reopening their case on a motion ( they were under the impression this was a response to a request for expedited processing, which I did not do).

I am assuming that we have been IMBRAized along with thousands of others, and that hopefully I will receive an RFE soon, as I have read people are getting from the VSC. It is unnerving not knowing for sure what the deal is however, and the bags under my eyes are starting to approach my chin.

2/28/06 - K-1 app sent to NSC

3/06/06 - NOA 1

3/31/06 - NOA 2

4/12/06 - NVC sent approved petition to Paris embassy

4/24/06 - fiance received instruction pkt (pkt 3)

5/05/06 - pkt 3 checklist returned to embassy

6/16/06 - CRIS-USCIS email "petition received"

6/21/06 - 1-797s (2) received, petition "received", "reopened" by CSC

6/26/06 - email, RFE sent

7/05/06 - RFE received and sent back to CSC

7/06/06 - RFE received, signed for by receptionist at CSC

7/11/06 - email RFE received by CSC

7/12/06 - touched (same message as day before about RFE receipt

WAITING WAITING WAITING

8/15/06 - NVC receives reaffirmed petition (no written confirmation yet)

8/22/06 - NVC sends reapproved petition back to Paris CHOUETTE!!!!

9/21/06 - Pkt. 4 received

10/4/06 - INTERVIEW scheduled\

11-14-06 - VISA RECEIVED!!!!![/b]

12/08/06 - Arrives - POE PDX

12/14/06 - Married in Vegas, Baby!!!

AOS

01/03/07- I-485 sent to Chicago

01/09/07 - NOA from MSC

01/30/07 - Biometrics taken

02/01/07 - touched

04/10/07 - Interview scheduled/AOS approved - I-551 stamp in passport

04/18/07 - Permanent Resident Card received!!!!!

Timeline

On the whole NSC to CSC topic, I thought it was time for a new thread.

Here are the facts as we know them:

NSC is no longer going to handle I-129F petitions for K1 Fiance Visas. On June 1, they transferred a whole lot of cases to California. We all got multiple emails and hard copies of transfer notices. Again starting yesteday, we all got a second batch of emails and no doubt more hard copy transfer notices are to come. Online case status started to change as well - mine changed yesterday and again today.

The receipt number has NOT changed. USCIS, in general, received our cases in the beginning and assigned this receipt number and provided an NOA1. This does not change when they transfer to another service center. The mails are simply indicating of where the case is now.

Don't be thrown off by the poorly written emails (like the one that says to click on a link below when there is no link or the fact that they say the case was received HERE without indicating where here actually is). They are inefficient and not capable of providing clear information, but at least they are providing us with something to show that they know our cases exist and are not lost in a black hole.

The good news now is that we are seeing changes to our online status regularly. We know they are in the process of issuing the RFEs. Hopefully we will know more soon when they start to be sent out.

Whether or not they follow the NOA1 date in the processing of RFEs is complicated. They cannot hold applications for further processing while waiting for other RFEs to be returned. Meaning, if a person who submitted on May 5 receives the RFE and returns it back to CSC BEFORE a person who submitted on March 30, I really doubt CSC is going to hold the May 5 paperwork and NOT process it until someone with an earlier NOA date returns their RFE. They have to keep working and keep processing. They want this to be over and done with as much as we do. But the May paperwork may still have other steps to go through. For the March people, this is, most likely, the final step before approval. Make sense?

So let's try try try to focus on the fact that the RFEs are going out immediately - hence all the touching - and as soon as we start receiving and sending back the additional paperwork, we'll have more insight into the processing time.

After reading a gazillion messages related to the bizarre set of circumstances in which I find myself, I would like to add my two bits to the discussion, although I fear it's not going to help demystify things much. I filed the I129F at the NSC & received NOA 2 in just a month. The unlucky thing might be the petition was received March 6 according to NOA1. Nonetheless, the approved petition was forwarde to NVC who then forwarded it to Paris April12. My fiance received the Instruction pkt Apr 24, and returned the checklist, etc. May 5. Not a peep out of Paris since. Trying to talk to a live body at the Paris Embassy is like a Democrat trying to arrange a private conference with the Prez on Christmas Eve down on the ranch...

After many bleary eyed hours of staring at the ceiling at 2 am wondering what the heck, an email from our pal CRIS shows up informing my that USCIS has received my I129F petition on June 16. No explanation of why, or if it is at the NSC or maybe has been outsourced to Mars, who knows? Then on June 20 and 21 I receive emails from the ever faithful CRIS saying that my case has been reopened on motin of USCIS and they will send the decision when processing is complete, and to check the processing timeline for some clue as to when this might occur. I saw another post earlier today that someone received a similar message about the USCIS reopening their case on a motion ( they were under the impression this was a response to a request for expedited processing, which I did not do).

I am assuming that we have been IMBRAized along with thousands of others, and that hopefully I will receive an RFE soon, as I have read people are getting from the VSC. It is unnerving not knowing for sure what the deal is however, and the bags under my eyes are starting to approach my chin.

You might want to check out the recalled petition thread - you might find some help there!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.