kitkat1

On the NSC to CSC move, emails, transfer notices

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

On the whole NSC to CSC topic, I thought it was time for a new thread.

Here are the facts as we know them:

NSC is no longer going to handle I-129F petitions for K1 Fiance Visas. On June 1, they transferred a whole lot of cases to California. We all got multiple emails and hard copies of transfer notices. Again starting yesteday, we all got a second batch of emails and no doubt more hard copy transfer notices are to come. Online case status started to change as well - mine changed yesterday and again today.

The receipt number has NOT changed. USCIS, in general, received our cases in the beginning and assigned this receipt number and provided an NOA1. This does not change when they transfer to another service center. The mails are simply indicating of where the case is now.

Don't be thrown off by the poorly written emails (like the one that says to click on a link below when there is no link or the fact that they say the case was received HERE without indicating where here actually is). They are inefficient and not capable of providing clear information, but at least they are providing us with something to show that they know our cases exist and are not lost in a black hole.

The good news now is that we are seeing changes to our online status regularly. We know they are in the process of issuing the RFEs. Hopefully we will know more soon when they start to be sent out.

Whether or not they follow the NOA1 date in the processing of RFEs is complicated. They cannot hold applications for further processing while waiting for other RFEs to be returned. Meaning, if a person who submitted on May 5 receives the RFE and returns it back to CSC BEFORE a person who submitted on March 30, I really doubt CSC is going to hold the May 5 paperwork and NOT process it until someone with an earlier NOA date returns their RFE. They have to keep working and keep processing. They want this to be over and done with as much as we do. But the May paperwork may still have other steps to go through. For the March people, this is, most likely, the final step before approval. Make sense?

So let's try try try to focus on the fact that the RFEs are going out immediately - hence all the touching - and as soon as we start receiving and sending back the additional paperwork, we'll have more insight into the processing time.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate to be a pessimist here, but I'm pretty sure all the touching recently is more likely to be due to the transfer than the issuing of any RFEs. Seems logical to think that it may take a little time (maybe a week or so?) to actually start sending out the RFEs. Yes, automation makes it a very fast thing, but someone's got to initiate that step first. And not one of us can say for sure what the government's definition of "immediately" is anyway, though I'm sure they really are going to get them out rather quickly.

As for the "fact" that Nebraska is no longer handling I-129Fs... this isn't yet a fact but really just a very logical assumption. As of right now, there are still people (from both before and after March 6th) who have NOT been transferred to CSC. Yes, we all know that USCIS is doing a lot of restructuring. And yes, in the end it's almost definitely going to end up that NSC will be specializing in another sort of petition. But with I-129Fs still sitting there we shouldn't really be saying that they don't handle them anymore.

With that said, I'm actually highly optimistic about everything in general right now. As several people have said in the other thread, all this movement in general is a good sign and is bound to make us all feel loads better.

Just adding a link to the old thread for future reference.

In case anyone is confused, this thread is a continuation of http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16060.

08/15/2007 - K-1 Visa approved
09/01/2007 - Moved to Ohio

11/24/2007 - Married!
03/31/2008 - Received Green Card
05/03/2010 - Conditions removed

Finally applying for citizenship!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA
02/17/2016 - Biometrics appointment
02/26/2016 - Receieved interview letter
04/01/2016 - Naturalization interview

Filed: Timeline

I was pretty sure that we received confirmation that only CSC and VSC were going to be handling I-129fs now, while Nebraska was going to handle immigrant worker applications....

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I was pretty sure that we received confirmation that only CSC and VSC were going to be handling I-129fs now, while Nebraska was going to handle immigrant worker applications....

Did we? Apologies if I jumped the gun on my statements above. I was out of the loop for a couple weeks there and only recently got caught up on everything I'd missed around here.

Like I said though, we all pretty much know anyway whats going on with the restructuring. It's a logical assumption. But what I don't understand is why a few cases got left behind. The pre-March 6th stuff makes sense because they were likely already in the middle of being adjudicated, but the few from after March 6th are a bit puzzling.

Edited by Amy and Brian

08/15/2007 - K-1 Visa approved
09/01/2007 - Moved to Ohio

11/24/2007 - Married!
03/31/2008 - Received Green Card
05/03/2010 - Conditions removed

Finally applying for citizenship!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA
02/17/2016 - Biometrics appointment
02/26/2016 - Receieved interview letter
04/01/2016 - Naturalization interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Been trying to read around on the board. So many message and so many different opinions.

Kind of hard to keep it all straight.

As for this thread. Has anyone out there from CSC Or NSC transferee gotten any new information.

I had touches the last part of the week. But my notice still says June 14 my petition was received. Doesn't say where or anything like that. (I know most likely CSC is who received it, and that most likely it was a generic message just to please us)

But has anyone else got a RFE or anything positive other than VSC, cause we know they are going fast. Lucky folks.

From the different things I have read. I gather those that have lawyers, the lawyers don't even have answers. Which is a bummer cause you would think because it is their job that they would have the inside track. (opps maybe I am being thinking to high of them)

But bottom line from what it looks like. The USCIS and DHS are being useless to answer questions. They will work at there own pace, not caring about those they serve. Because lets be honest 3 months to approve a single document. 5 if you go from the day it was signed. And in the end it has a spelling error in it. Come on now. My 8 year nephew could work faster than that. I realize we are talking about the government and you have to just get used to how slow they are. But for goodness sake we live in America. Our tech here is top notch and we are still not efficient. I want to know what they are doing in those service centers. Playing online poker or something. What gives!!!!! Ahh well sorry to rant, just tired of all the red tape. And I feel so bad for all of the people that have waited much longer (if not only a little longer) than I have. Just bites that we have to be ok with what they are serveing us.

Hopefully we will start to see something soon from the CSC. I guess best that can be does is wish everyone good luck and hope for the best.

-------------- K1 Timeline --------------

2005: we met online

11-2005: started our relationship online

02-19-2006: Met Liliya in her home city Tashkent, Uzbekistan

03-03-2006: Proposed (day before I left)

04-12-2006: I-129F Sent to NSC

04-17-2006: I-129 NSC received (NOA1)

06-01-2006: I-129F transfer from NSC to CSC

06-02-2006: I-129F CSC must have received I-129F's

07-03-2006: Touched (RFE e-mail notice that it was sent, Received it, Sent it back) all in the same day

07-04-2006: Touched (worked on the 4th of July????)

07-05-2006: Touched (at 9:53am est, little early for CSC hmmmmm)

07-17-2006: Touched (and E-mail saying they have recieved my RFE)

10-21-2006: Touched (hmmmm something wrong with how long it has taken them?)

10-23-2006: Touched (hmmmm maybe my calls once a week to congressmen and senators office helped?)

10-25-2006: Touched at 9:30 est (kinda early for the CSC hmmm, I think they are messing with me now)

looks like they sent the NOA2 on this day

10-28-2006: Received Snail mail for NOA2 on 10-23-2006 (why didn't they update the web site)

11-02-2006: 5 emails saying approved I-129f ???huh??

11-03-2006:

and the waiting continues

Joe usa.gif and Liliya uzbek.gif

Timeline
Been trying to read around on the board. So many message and so many different opinions.

Kind of hard to keep it all straight.

As for this thread. Has anyone out there from CSC Or NSC transferee gotten any new information.

I had touches the last part of the week. But my notice still says June 14 my petition was received. Doesn't say where or anything like that. (I know most likely CSC is who received it, and that most likely it was a generic message just to please us)

But has anyone else got a RFE or anything positive other than VSC, cause we know they are going fast.

It seems like the extent of the movement right now from CSC or NSC/CSC transfers has been a series of touches Wed, Thursday, Friday and Saturday but no one has received the online case status message indicating an RFE has been sent.

If anyone from CSC has received the RFE message, please speak up and give us some hope!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So... if I'm submitting a petition to Nebraska.... why am I doing this? Is this not the most moronic bureaucratic thing ever? I'm actually supposed to submit the K1 to Nebraska on Monday although I know it will end up in California? Wha?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline
So... if I'm submitting a petition to Nebraska.... why am I doing this? Is this not the most moronic bureaucratic thing ever? I'm actually supposed to submit the K1 to Nebraska on Monday although I know it will end up in California? Wha?

Yup, don't you just love the USCIS. They are the best aren't they.

But does seem like they get the docs over to CSC pretty quick. (well at least from the batch that was sent on June 1)

To be honest. I would even think that the spelling error on the I-129F. They will do RFE on it or something.

Wish I could tell you it would be easy. But that would be wrong. From what I have read here. You are better off just submitting and ensureing your place in line. Sooner the better. Just don't rush too much and miss something. Cause then it will be longer. We are all here with you.

-------------- K1 Timeline --------------

2005: we met online

11-2005: started our relationship online

02-19-2006: Met Liliya in her home city Tashkent, Uzbekistan

03-03-2006: Proposed (day before I left)

04-12-2006: I-129F Sent to NSC

04-17-2006: I-129 NSC received (NOA1)

06-01-2006: I-129F transfer from NSC to CSC

06-02-2006: I-129F CSC must have received I-129F's

07-03-2006: Touched (RFE e-mail notice that it was sent, Received it, Sent it back) all in the same day

07-04-2006: Touched (worked on the 4th of July????)

07-05-2006: Touched (at 9:53am est, little early for CSC hmmmmm)

07-17-2006: Touched (and E-mail saying they have recieved my RFE)

10-21-2006: Touched (hmmmm something wrong with how long it has taken them?)

10-23-2006: Touched (hmmmm maybe my calls once a week to congressmen and senators office helped?)

10-25-2006: Touched at 9:30 est (kinda early for the CSC hmmm, I think they are messing with me now)

looks like they sent the NOA2 on this day

10-28-2006: Received Snail mail for NOA2 on 10-23-2006 (why didn't they update the web site)

11-02-2006: 5 emails saying approved I-129f ???huh??

11-03-2006:

and the waiting continues

Joe usa.gif and Liliya uzbek.gif

Timeline
From what I have read here. You are better off just submitting and ensureing your place in line. Sooner the better. Just don't rush too much and miss something. Cause then it will be longer. We are all here with you.

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
From what I have read here. You are better off just submitting and ensureing your place in line. Sooner the better. Just don't rush too much and miss something. Cause then it will be longer. We are all here with you.

:thumbs:

Yeah, I'm just waiting for my fiance's forms to show up in the mail. He sent them on Brazilian 3-4 day service, so naturally it's day 11 and I'm still waiting... :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

It seems like the extent of the movement right now from CSC or NSC/CSC transfers has been a series of touches Wed, Thursday, Friday and Saturday but no one has received the online case status message indicating an RFE has been sent.

If anyone from CSC has received the RFE message, please speak up and give us some hope!!!!

I agree with Kit KAt, please as soon as anyone receives the RFE from Calfornia post this info as soon as possible for the rest of us. Right now it just seems like we are all holding out breath!!

Oh a question for anyone, did anyone else get touched today, 6-17-06 from California?? Seems like the last 2 Saturdays they have been working. I hope this means things will start getting mailed out soon!!! :thumbs:

3/21/06 I-129F sent to NSC

3/24/06 NOA1

3/28/06 Touched

6/1/06 Case transfered to California Office

6/2/06 Touched

6/3/06 Touched

6/9/06 Received 2nd letter from NSC telling me that my case as been transefered

6/14/06 Received 3 emails today saying that CSC has my application

6/15/06 Touched

6/16/06 Touched

6/17/06 Touched again

7/3/06 Received RFE today in mail along with 2 emails

7/3/06 Touched

7/6/06 RFE received in California

7/13/06 Received email saying RFE had been received

7/31/06 Received (3) emails saying my application has been approved

8/1/06 Touched (hopefully that means that my application has been mailed to NVC

8/15/06 NVC mailed application to Bogota

8/25/06 Luisa received Packet 3 from Embasssy!

8/28/06 Luisa hand delivers Packet 3 to Embassy!

9/6/06 Luisa receieved Packet 4 from Embassy

9/18/06 Medical Exams

10/3/06 Interview Date!!!

10/4/06 Have Visa in Hand!!

10/16/06 Return to EEUU

01/06/07 Married..... Now trying to complete the EOS stuff!!!

07/02/07 Green Card Interview, we were approved!! Now we wait for the actual card!!

07/18/07 Recieved Green Card in the mail!! Yippeee!!!

Carl y Luisa

Timeline
Oh a question for anyone, did anyone else get touched today, 6-17-06 from California?? Seems like the last 2 Saturdays they have been working. I hope this means things will start getting mailed out soon!!! :thumbs:

Yes touched today, Friday, Thursday, Wednesday - duplicate emails saying they received the transferred petition, duplicate emails saying they transferred it in the first place, duplicate hard copies of the transfer notice. My timeline, the touches, etc is exactly the same as yours aside from that I submitted my petition two days after you. With all of these touches, thoses RFEs better be on the way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I missed the new thread so I posted here.. Please read this .. has anyone else read the link on their site??

Yes touched today, Friday, Thursday, Wednesday - duplicate emails saying they received the transferred petition, duplicate emails saying they transferred it in the first place, duplicate hard copies of the transfer notice. My timeline, the touches, etc is exactly the same as yours aside from that I submitted my petition two days after you. With all of these touches, thoses RFEs better be on the way.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you all. I am in Colorado and my Fiance is from Taiwan... Now I don't know if any of you noticed on their website the link under the heading "USCIS Notifies Public of New Policy Concerning Fiancé(e) Petitions" http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...RA_061306PN.pdf

It is talking about requiring all petitions after March 6th to get an RFE and have us submit criminal background information. It sounds like it only has to deal with Marriage Brokers but I am unsure.. I think this might be while we were all thrown to California.

I submitted my petition on May 1st, they received it on May 2nd and it was untouched until June 1st when it was transferred to California, and now it just seems to update daily (the time). I called the service center last night and they said from June 14th the time frame was 90-130 days from June 14th. I along with you all am not excited about this because I want my fiance back. She was in the US for school for 6 years and we decided to go the legal route and have her go back and bring her back legally... Man I wish I didn't want to follow rules.. would be much happier right now.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I just noticed my link did not work so here it is again. And the main portion of the document.. Guys unfortunately I think we are being pushed back because of some laws that were passed.. That is my understanding

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...RA_061306PN.pdf

USCIS NOTIFIES PUBLIC OF NEW POLICY CONCERNING FIANCÉ(E) PETITIONS Agency to Request Additional Evidence to Comply with IMBRA Washington, DC – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that in order to comply with provisions of the International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act of 2005 (IMBRA), it will need to issue “Requests for Evidence” for more than 10,000 Alien Fiancé(e) Petitions (Form I-129F) currently being held at USCIS Service Centers. USCIS will begin immediately to issue RFEs to affected petitioners using an RFE template that has been approved and cleared by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). All petitions filed on or after March 6 must be supplemented with additional information to satisfy the new evidentiary requirements established by IMBRA. To adjudicate the petitions that are being held as quickly and efficiently as possible, USCIS is issuing “Requests for Evidence” (RFEs) asking petitioners to provide the additional information including data pertaining to a petitioner’s criminal history (if any). Details on the waiver process for those affected by the new limitation for filings of I-129Fs are also provided in the RFE. A new Form I-129F that incorporates these changes should become available later in June. In certain circumstances, USCIS may need to issue a second RFE to some petitioners later in the process if it is determined that other required information was not provided in the initial filing. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and Department of Justice Reauthorization Act of 2005, of which IMBRA is a part, are designed to continue Congress’s efforts to prevent domestic violence and spousal abuse. Immigrants who have been victims of domestic violence have long benefited from VAWA immigration provisions, which allow abused spouses and children to self-petition for lawful immigration status. Under IMBRA, Congress has further extended those protections by regulating more closely the international marriage broker market and by requiring disclosure of violent criminal history, such as domestic abuse, rape, or murder, of which a fiancé(e) may be unaware. –USCIS –

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Timeline

vartan - check out the IMBRA forum - you'll find more information there

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.